[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In my quest for theater-style popcorn without the theater-style

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: gold2419.jpg (27KB, 350x293px) Image search: [Google]
gold2419.jpg
27KB, 350x293px
In my quest for theater-style popcorn without the theater-style price, I happened across this stuff. Almost everyone says that it's the secret, but it's also apparently made of pure salt and rat poison coloring or some shit like that.

In terms of health and taste, is it worth trying?
>>
>>7338710
I'm sure eating it a couple times won't kill you or cause any horrible diseases
>>
Secrets to movie theater popcorn:

The oil they pop it in is the same thing you put on top of it.

Popcorn salt is much finer and flakier than table salt. It's almost like a powder.
>>
>>7338710
As a coconut oil, flavacol addict, yes. Use 3 tablespoons kerotin dyed coconut oil, .5 cup kernels and 1 teaspoon of flavacol salt. >>7338720
it correct and it is a very fine powdered salt and also orange in color which when all melded together in the pan make it the nice yellow you think of and the smell is identical to that of a theater. I use a whirley popper to make mine so it is all mixed evenly and well but the oil and salt HAS to be in there as it pops, not after.
>>
File: 71YFOVwOZ3L._SL1500_.jpg (85KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71YFOVwOZ3L._SL1500_.jpg
85KB, 1500x1500px
>>7339033
this. I also would recommend a uni task popcorn maker. also don't be heavy handed with ingredients on popcorn, a little goes a long way. you dont want to end up with mega oily popcorn. just thoroughly mix after it's done to make sure everything is evenly coated.
>>
>>7338710
I once left salted butter on the counter for a month, and when I spread it on toast it tasted like theater popcorn.

I'm afraid >>7338720 might be right
>>
A friend of mine would get a large popcorn, saturate the top with butter, and then fill a small cup with even more liquid butter for when they reach the middle of the bag of unbuttered popcorn. Saves them a trip halfway through the movie.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.