[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you have grown mushroom indoors? I'm thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0601.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0601.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Do any of you have grown mushroom indoors? I'm thinking of giving it a go. Share your experiences. etc.
>>
>>7338399
I don't know man, I wouldn't trust myself with them
>>
>>7338399
Yup. Got some mulch from a local farm, bagged it, kept the bags open at the top, left them in near total dark. Cremini mushrooms for the win.
I originally bought the mulch for growing pot. The mushrooms were a bonus
>>
>>7338433
>near total dark
So it's bullshit that they need light?
>>
>>7338443
In my case, yes. The light provided to them in my she'd was probably JUST enough light for a human to see by... and not see well, mind you.
>>
>>7338489
*shed
>>
>>7338443
Yes, they're commonly grown in caves and old tunnels.
>>
>>7338443
Since mushrooms do not require photosynthesis like plants, the only purpose light provides to a mycellium is what direction it should grow. I think I remember reading that mushrooms react the best to shades of blue for growing.
>>
>>7338535
Yep, a mushroom farm near me grows them underground.
>>
>>7338433
cremini mushrooms are just underdeveloped portabellos.
>>
>>7338558
Yup. And white button mushrooms are just young creminis.
>>
File: doom.jpg (14KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
doom.jpg
14KB, 620x465px
am i the only one that's kind of creeped out by mushrooms

like i can eat em just fine, i mean, like, alive and growing mushrooms
>>
>>7338659
Nope. They're fucking weird because they can live in places that most livings cannot.
>>
>>7338687
>they can live in places that most livings cannot.
>>
>>7338399
Mushrooms are shit[spoiler]ake[/spoiler].
[spoiler]No, but seriously. Mushrooms are awful.[/spoiler]
>>
>>7338659

I don't like how fast they grow. It's not right.
>>
Why ask, OP? Do you have a chance to grow your own? I have limited experience, can offer some tips.
>>
File: thumbnail_14427.jpg (94KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_14427.jpg
94KB, 400x300px
>clits and penis's look like they could be mushrooms
>yfw humans came from mushrooms
>its why theres no giant mushrooms
>>
>>7338399
I grew oyster mushrooms once, start out by getting a kit off the internet first, they work your way up
>>
The father of a friend of mine started a mushroom farm in the basement of their farm. Sold mushrooms to the local shops and earned a fair amount on it.
>>
>>7338970

Are you creeped out by bamboo?
>>
>>7338659
Mushrooms are weird cos they're actually closer to animals than plants, phylogenetically. That's why they feel fleshy.
>>
>>7338399
Only the psychedelic kind, but that was easy enough. You just have to watch carefully for any signs of contamination.
>>
My wall is looking a bit fuzzy..

>recently bought dehumidifier
>wake up with cracked lips and immovable face every morning

;_;
>>
>>7339258
go on...
>>
File: pack-pleurotes.jpg.png (333KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
pack-pleurotes.jpg.png
333KB, 800x800px
I used pic related, prêt à pousser.

It was fun. And delicious.
I'd consider growing more (with cheaper solutions) if I had more room, but my flat is too small.
>>
>>7339259
>it's what I'm craving right now
cover yourself in EVOO every evening
>>
>>7339258
Explain. I'll eat it, so it's ck related.
>>
>>7338399
Looks like they're growing mushrooms in a shoe closet..
Innovation folks!
>>
>>7338399
Man, this thread reminds me of how much I'd like to trip again.
>>
>>7339289
>>7339346
Can't you just google how to grow your shrooms yourself?
lycaeum.org should have info.
>>
>>7338399
I found one growing out of my cum sock under my bed once, does that count?
>>
Just remember to watch out for young thieving hobbits, mushrooms are beyond a delicacy for them.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.