[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nowadays I have a lot of free time between classes, so I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: boy.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
boy.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Nowadays I have a lot of free time between classes, so I thought that I might as well use this time and learn to cook, also because I need to get healthier. What are some nice resources for complete beginners like me?

[spoiler]I started watching Ramsay's Cookery Course but I doubt I can find many of the ingredients use there and it also looks way too complicated for someone who knows zero about cooking, but if that's the only way I guess I'll bite the bullet.[/spoiler]
>>
well shit i didn't know you can't spoiler here, i'm new here
>>
>>7334507
My advice would be to buy 1-2 kitchen appliances that can make certain jobs in the kitchen MUCH easier. My key appliance is my rice cooker. If i wanted spaghetti and breads I would have bought a kitchen aid.

After that think of all of your favorite foods that you get from restaurants. Google/youtube easy <insert favorite food here>. Skimp out on ingredients that you think could be option if you are on a tight budget. Then you realize that cooking most dishes is simple as long as you have the ingredients and are cooking for yourself / not a customer.

I really learned everything from youtube. I found youtube recipes much easier to follow than text recipes. I also always watch youtube on 1.25-1.5x speed.

I am still learning a lot but now that I have some ingredients stocked up like salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic, ginger, canola oil, sriracha, soy, teriyaki, bbq sauce, worcestershire, fish sauce, honey, sugar, breadcrumbs, mustard, flour, i can do almost anything I want without having to buy too many ingredients.

Every week when i go to the grocery store i try to add one more pantry item that can be used to potentially deepen other recipes.
>>
>>7334755
Buy a blender and blend tasty ingredients. There ya go anon.
>>
>>7334755
forgot about rice vinegar and sesame oil. Rice cooker+favorite rice+ rice vin + sesame oil + soy sauce + ANY protein + ANY vege = easy and godlike

(spoiler) im high (/spoiler)
>>
>>7334507
I've found the easiest way to learn to cook is to set a goal: name ten dishes you'd like to make before the end of the month.

The key to learning how to cook is by having certain dishes in your repetoire- you'll begin to notice patterns in preparation of each item and similarities between dishes.

When deciding on a dish, don't just look at one recipe and say "that's the one." Look at five recipes and find the similarities in the cooking process - it will give you a better idea of how to cook the dish. Also, don't be afraid of fresh vegetables and herbs- buy yourself a nice chefs knife and enjoy the process.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.