[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know it can already be recreated fairly easily and accurately,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: bigmacsauce001.jpg (63KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
bigmacsauce001.jpg
63KB, 960x960px
I know it can already be recreated fairly easily and accurately, but that takes several ingredients for a small amount.

This is mildly intriguing. I'll be buying at least a single bottle.
>>
0/10
>>
if that's priced anything close to what McDonald's charges you for extra Big Mac sauce that bottle right there costs approximately $3680
>>
>>7329352
$4.99.
>>
>>7329357

wat is satire
>>
>>7329360
wat is dry humor
>>
just mix french dressing and relish in mayonnaise. That's literally all it is, only a fool wouldn't have french dressing in their fridge already
>>
>>7329364

Not what you're doing.
>>
>>7329342
Limited run that's sold out already.
>>
>>7329370
mayo
yellow mustard
onion powder
garlic powder
paprika
white wine vinegar
sweet pickle relish
>>
>>7329352
>>7329360
>>7329454
Kill yourself.
>>
>>7329885
But he's right.
>>
>>7329872

This,

make your own and put it in an empty ketchup bottle or something. no need to run out and buy theirs.
>>
>>7329872
fair enough, I was fronting when I said I knew what it was
>>
Spoiler: It's Russian Dressing.
>>
>>7330380
Because I'm totally going to have need for a ketchup sized bottle of mayo-based Big Mac sauce that will be used before it goes.
>>
>>7329370
french dressing is one of the shittiest salad dressings. Why would you keep it in your fridge?
>>
>>7330385

pretty obvious considering you suggested it used French dressing like the fuccboi you are
>>
1000 island and relish fool, McDonald's stole it from in n out
>>
>>7329342
Maybe it's just me, but I can't imagine the Big Mac sauce tasting good on anything other than a Big Mac or similar fast food burger.
>>
>>7332222
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>7332222
checked.
>>
>>7332222
It probably won't.

You can re-create fast food burgers at home by using the cheapest ingredients you can find, and then after you've cooked and assembled it throw it in a tupperware with the lid cracked open a bit or wrap it in wax paper and throw it in the microwave for 30 seconds.

I've dabbled in this a bit, and it yields pretty convincing results. I've got McDoubles down pat.
>>
>>7332868
I've yet to try a mimic recipe that tastes authentic. You think it'd be easy, they push out a billion of these identical tasting burgers, and so many people work at McDonalds, but nobody can do it exactly.
>>
>>7332868
>>7332914

No offense intended, but I am genuinely curious as to why someone would want to spend that kind of effort to duplicate fast food? Why not shoot for something better than trying to copy low-tier grub?
>>
>>7332918
Because it's comfort food, basically.

The mentality of insisting upon going with the highest possible quality of a thing is rooted in the false assumption that all different varieties of the thing are the same and that a step up in quality is objectively better.

An amazingly crafted burger made of the highest quality ingredients isn't a better version of a McDouble (or whatever). They are two different things and the McDouble has been just as meticulously engineered to be it's own thing as the $40 gourmet burger, probably moreso.

I usually make better burgers, but sometimes you're just in the mood for a McD or two... and just like everything else it's way cheaper to make them at home.
>>
>>7332914
From what I can tell online, people can't resist the urge to mess with it somewhat, or will swap certain things out figuring it doesn't matter.

The hardest part about it is the stuff you can't easily buy, like frozen 10:1's or those ungodly cheap pickles they use.

Admittedly, that's what I always notice is off in my recipe. I can't even find pickles that cheap.
>>
>>7332977
>sometimes you're just in the mood for a McD or two

This is the part I don't get. Why would you ever be in the mood for McD's as opposed to a different kind of burger? Then again, I suppose there's the nostalgia factor if you grew up eating that kind of thing.
>>
>>7332918
Some fastfood is really good, but its wasted because the ways to make it non perishable for storage ruins the quality.
McD burgers taste really good, even if the freezing ruins a lot of the meat quality. The same with Burger king.

There are insanes who want to reproduce the quality loss as well.
>>
>>7333034
>>7333036

Again, a "better" burger isn't a better quality version of a cheap fast food burger. They are two completely different and almost unrelated dishes and it's totally fine to like them both.

McDonalds isn't gross. You're conditioned to think it's gross because it's low quality and cheap, and especially with taste your mind makes your preconceptions about things real. The facts is that fast food is scientifically engineered to be fucking delicious, and you'd agree if it were possible to strip yourself of your preconceptions.

This is exactly the basis of why people enjoy comfort foods. They acquired a taste for something most people would consider disgusting before they were able to develop stupid superficial perceptions of it.

I understand that I'm pissing into the wind here, because this whole board is one giant engine fueled by this phenomenon, but whatever.
>>
>>7333127
>They are two completely different and almost unrelated dishes
That part I agree with you 100% about.

>and it's totally fine to like them both.
Again, no offense intended, but this is what I don't get. I can see wanting different kinds of burgers, for example. Sometimes I want a classic cheeseburger with Kraft cheese on it. Other times I want a fancier burger with bacon and blue cheese. Other times I want a BBQ style with onion rings and BBQ sauce. So I get what you mean about wanting different things at different times.

>>You're conditioned to think it's gross
Actually, no. The first time I ever went to McD's (in my late teens, if you can believe that) I was very excited because they are so famous. I was drooling in anticipation--I assure you there were no preconceived notions of it being bad. But when I bit into the burger I was seriously disappointed. It simply didn't taste very good. The meat was overcooked and had poor texture. The bread had poor texture too. The tomatoes were watery and flavorless. Etc.

>> that fast food is scientifically engineered to be fucking delicious
Sure, there is a lot of engineering going into a McD's burger. But that is with a whole bunch of constraints that don't apply to home cooking. They might spend tons of money and effort trying to make the burger as tasty as they can but they are at the same time shooting themselves in the foot with low quality ingredients, frozen pre-made patties, and so on.

>>before they were able to develop stupid superficial perceptions of it.
But what if it isn't a "superficial perception"? What if the first time you bit into a big mac you thought it was nowhere near as good as the simple burgers your family grilled every Saturday?

Is this simply a case of the burgers you ate as a kid were McD's and you didn't have any others to compare them to?
>>
>>7332914
It's hard to find ingredients as shitty as the ones they use.
>>
>sometimes I want a classic cheeseburger with Kraft cheese on it

...which is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. You like that, but around here that's considered bait: guaranteed replies, and some of those replies will use the EXACT SAME argument you're using to me to justify how "objectively" shitty your taste is.

It's ok not to like McDonalds if you actually don't, but statements like

>Is this simply a case of the burgers you ate as a kid were McD's and you didn't have any others to compare them to?

are a clear indication that you have trouble with the idea that people have different tastes from you.

Like I said farther up the thread, I normally make higher quality burgers. Like 90% of the time... but sometimes I just want a McDouble. A "better" burger isn't that, and can never satisfy that craving.

Another junk food thing I like sometimes are pepperoni pizza hot pockets. They aren't "low quality" pizza. They're a pizza-esque junk food, and while most of the time I'd prefer a slice or two of good pizza, hot pockets are like a guilty pleasure I enjoy from time to time.
>>
>>7333177
I agree.
I didn't stop eating McD and Burger King because I found it disgusting. I just didn't enjoy it much any more and the ridiculous amount of grease, sugar and salt wasn't worth it.
Their burgers taste pretty good. It's hard for them not to when the meat is fatty and flavourful and everything is full of taste enhancers. The texture isn't great though. The patty, bun and pickles are all spongy and any veg is typically watery and bland. It feels like eating something designed for pensioners who have trouble chewing.

If I feel like junk food I get a slice of pizza, a pita gyros or a box of Chinese food.
If I feel like a burger, I make it myself or pay slightly more and get one where the meat isn't frozen and the bun isn't a sugary pillow.
>>
File: 1452468867791.png (1MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1452468867791.png
1MB, 900x900px
>entire thread
>no mention of McDonald's of Canada giving the recipe out on YouTube
It's like you're all fucking new.

https://youtu.be/rcu4Bj3xEyI
>>
>>7333264
>clear indication that you have trouble with the idea that people have different tastes from you.

No, it's an honest question. I don't deny you have different tastes than I do. And that's OK. I'm just wondering how that came about because in my personal experience I went into McD's expecting to love it and then being seriously disappointed.

>>pizza hot pockets
Mah nigga. I like to eat those with velveeta shells and cheese. Reminds me of my college days before I knew how to cook and when I first met my future wife.

What I'm getting at here is that we both seem to like foods that might be considered crap. For example, I like kraft singles on cheeseburgers because the texture is so much better than "proper" cheeses and I think the tradeoff (texture vs. flavor) is worth it. The difference is that I seem to be able to explain why, but you just keep repeating "comfort".

What exactly was it that you found comforting about McDs? That's not intended to be an insult, I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>7333295
I'm not sure I can explain it. I just like it. It's not even like I associate it with anything I'm aware of.

My dad grilled mean burgers for us all the time when I was a kid, which were better quality ingredients than I can regularly afford at this point.

I know what elements I like about McD's cheeseburgers though, having experimented a fair bit with trying to copy them.

The amounts and ratios of condiments fast food places use (when the workers do it correctly, and that's a big thing) are fucking perfect. You literally can't do better.

Onion flakes. McD's uses dehydrated onion flakes soaked in water instead of fresh onions on their "signature" burgers. The reason they do it, I think, is because of consistency. I like doing this because you get a good consistent onion flavor that has a little bit of texture. The flavor and texture will vary wildly with fresh raw onion to the point where sometimes it could turn out gross. FYI this is like 50% of what makes their burgers taste like they do.

The other 50% is that they're technically steamed after they're cooked. This damages overall texture, but melds the flavors together in a way that is hard to replicate any other way.
>>
File: 1454115210172.jpg (68KB, 400x395px) Image search: [Google]
1454115210172.jpg
68KB, 400x395px
>>7333292
doin dog's word
>>
>>7332868
you can buy their 5.3:1 patties at most franchise stores.
>>
>>7333292
literally verbatim to what i posted above
>>
>>7333295
>What exactly was it that you found comforting about McDs?
I eat breakfast there when I am on the road and waking up in a hotel room, before feeling adventurous, I get the same exact thing as at home.
>>
File: skinner.gif (985KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
skinner.gif
985KB, 480x360px
>>7333430
>they're technically steamed after they're cooked.
>>
File: bill_cosby_news_gif.gif (383KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
bill_cosby_news_gif.gif
383KB, 480x320px
Selling on Gumtree and Ebay for $50+.

Fuck that noise!
>>
I actually hate that shit, it's fucking pig disgusting.
>>
>>7335036

Whats it like to wake up every morning and look yourself in the eye with such shitty opinions?
>>
>>7335065
I don't even care if you're shilling for McDongs. Even as a kid that shit made feel like vomiting. The only good items there were the Angus burgers. Mainly the Mushroom and Swiss. But they removed them so I won't spend my hard earned shekels there.
>>
>>7329370
I don't have any dressing in my fridge.
>>
I've worked at a McDonald's and people literally just bought tubes of Big Mac sauce instore

Just ask your local one if they want to sell you one and at what price (Can't remember how much my manager ordered them for)
>>
>>7329342
I work at McDonald's and honestly thousand island dressing is almost the exact same thing
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.