[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, every time I make pizza, the dough gets messed up. It always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: 25844[1].jpg (697KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
25844[1].jpg
697KB, 3000x2000px
Guys, every time I make pizza, the dough gets messed up. It always rises in the oven to about double its size, so I end up with 75% bread, 25% toppings. Also, the dough is too sticky even when I cover it in flour, so I can't transfer it from the worktop to the pan. What am I doing wrong, how do I fix it?
>>
It should come off the bench clean. If not, you need more flour which can be added to the bench, but really the mix should be close enough before that. Firm, but soft if that makes sense.

Let it double, knock it back, then let it rise again before using. Oven should be as hot as it can go, so it'll cook the outside quickly. Too many toppings can mess it up too.

Try letting it rise in the pan, then poke it with your fingers and put the toppings on.

tl;dr double, knock back and place in pan, rise again, poke down, put toppings, hot oven, GG ez pizza
>>
>>7326321
Got any good pizza dough recipes? Obviously the one I've been using isn't very good.
>>
get a digital scale, and a bread machine, and experiment. Or use the recipe in the bread machine's cookbook.
>>
>>7326322
13 oz warm water
1 1/4 tsp bread machine yeast
1 1/4 tsp salt
1tbs olive oil
3.5 cups bread flour.

Add water to warm glass bowl. Add yeast olive oil salt. Stir
Mix in flour
Put in warm place for hour and a half
>>
>>7326265
It should double in size. If that's too thick, stretch it thinner initially.

If it's sticky, add more flour or knead it more.
>>
>>7326265
Pizza Recipe by percentages
Flour 100
Water 62
Salt 1.25
Sugar 1.5
Yeast .375

This is the amount by weight in grams for one medium sized pizza.

F: 200 Grams
W: 125
Y: .75
S: 2.5
Sugar: 3

This is a wet dough using AP flour. It works well in my environment using my flour, but you may have to adjust.

Mix your ingredients, knead that shit, and then stick it in the fridge for at least 24 hours to ferment, though you can go longer if you want to, of course.

When you're ready to make your pizza, pull it out of the fridge about 1.5 to 2 hours before you're ready to press it out, in order to allow it to get a bit warm.

Keys to a better pizza: 1. Move your oven rack so that it's about 4 inches from your top broiler, allow yourself enough space to slide your pizza in and out under the broiler. 2. Use a pizza stone, and put it on that rack. 3. Pre-heat your oven as high as it can go, which should be bout' 500-550. 4. Make sure ALL of your toppings are room temp, including the sauce. Place them on the oven top, if needed, to heat them up. 5. When you're ready to top, crack the oven door and turn on the broiler. This will allow heat to escape, but it will allow your broiler to stay on and heat the fuck out of your stone. 6. Slide your pizza on that heated stone while the broiler element is on. It will take about 2-3 minutes under the broiler before you'll need to rotate the pizza. Watch the crust and top through the cracked oven door, and when you see the crust start to brown, pull the pizza and rotate it as needed. When your crust is brown, and your cheese is melted, pull it and eat.

Good luck.
>>
>>7326265
280 g flour
149 g water
21 g oil
2 g yeast
4 g salt

Knead it well and split into two.
Let them rise overnight in the fridge.
>>
>my bread rises too much
>how do i fix this?

how about put less of the only thing that rises the dough you doof. less yeast and more salt.
>>
Roll your dough out thinner OP. Transfer it to the surface you plan to bake it on (or onto a paddle, if you're fancy) and then apply toppings. When you're rolling out the dough, are you allowing the dough to relax? It's ok to roll a bit, then leave it for a minute or two to allow the gluten to relax. This will make the dough less tight wh you're trying to roll it out.
>>
>>7326265
Try leaving out the yeast.
>>
> people outchea putting oil or sugar in their pizza dough

disgust.jpg

water, flour, salt and yeast is all you need
>>
>>7327347
>no sugar
What is the yeast going to eat you retard?
>>
>>7327383

Do you really think that a dough isn't going to rise without sugar?

Try it one time my friend.
>>
Get ready to be triggered
>>65496600
>>65496780
>>65496917
>>
I never added yeast to my pizza dough.
>>
>>7327510
Nice flatbread m8.
>>
>>7327526
Yes, you're exactly right. I prefer it to be like flatbread.
>>
>>7326322
This one is a little more "flavorful" and puffier and makes one 12" pizza (or 13 ounce dough):

Unbleached pizza flour: 224g
5oz of 84F water
1oz of 64F water
1tsp of salt
1tsp instant dry yeast
1 1/4tsp olive oil
1 1/4tsp honey
2tsp heavy cream
1/2tsp of Sprite
2/3tsp of liquid egg

In one container, measure out 5oz of 84F water and pour the yeast in there. Mix for a bit and let sit. Measure out your other ingredients; pour 1oz of 64F water in bowl, along with your Sprite, egg, salt, oil, honey, and cream. Add your settled yeast into the bowl then stir together. Pour your flour in the bowl and begin mixing.

Mix your dough good with your hands, pour flour on your table so it doesn't stick. Knead on there, fold it, press out, fold again until it's getting firm. After it's done, shape your dough by tucking in under so that air bubbles will come through to the surface (watch a video if you don't understand). Place in bowl, or a separate container and put plastic wrap over it.

You can let it sit for a few hours in your refridgerator, but it's best to let it proof for 24 - 36 hours. If not, then cool it for half hour, bring it out and let it sit for 5 or so minutes so it's easier to stretch.

Cover with flour or corn meal and cook it on a pizza stone, or oil up a cooking sheet.
>>
>>7326265
You should post the recipe you're using.
>>
You need to "dock" the dough to the tray before saucing, it's basically a spiked roller that perforates the dough and stops air bubble cancer spots,

Google dough docker for details
>>
I make my dough by eye (don't measure ingredients) and it always turns out good. Maybe you're using the wrong kind of flour? I used to get different results with different types and brands of flour.
>>
>>7327805
You must be pretty talented to pull off a good pizza dough just by winging it.
>>
File: QWOP2151[1].jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
QWOP2151[1].jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>7327776
This is the recipe I'm using:
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/recipe/pizza-dough/#bh8HZ2h35dPAyUs3.97

>>7327805
Flour I'm using is pic related.
>>
>>7328077
>http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/recipe/pizza-dough/#bh8HZ2h35dPAyUs3.97

Ehhhh, he's aint an expert on this.

Get it from this recipe instead (from the bread bible). Lots of discussion here on how to do it ahead, shortly ahead, and all that. You're obviously getting too much rise out of it. Flavorwise, it's 24hrs ahead you do it.
http://www.culinate.com/books/collections/all_books/The+Bread+Bible/Perfect+Pizza+Dough

This recipe is also one that is well celebrated amongst people in the know.
http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/001199.html
>>
>>7327347
>not realizing that sugar acts as a browning agent for weak ass home ovens.
>>
File: Kale and Chicken.jpg (94KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kale and Chicken.jpg
94KB, 960x720px
I use a simple, high hydration pizza dough for 95% of my pizzas. It produces a crust that is paper thin under the toppings but with a big bloom around the edges. It's not a very delicate dough, but remains tender because I bake it at 550F in my home oven, or 850F in my wood oven.

100% bread flour
80% water
2.7% salt
0.2% yeast
>>
Add some malt syrup. Just two tbsp per pizza.
>>
>>7328343
182.9%...
>>
File: Boring Cheese.jpg (97KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Boring Cheese.jpg
97KB, 960x720px
>>7328343
Sometimes I crave a more tender crust, though. I use a different formula for that. This crust winds up with a denser and less pronounced bloom, is thicker under the toppings, and is substantially more tender, owing to the fat in the dough.

100% flour (90% bread, 10% whole wheat)
55% water
10% extra virgin olive oil
2.5% salt
0.5% yeast
>>
>>7328359
baker percentages. 100% flour is just however much flour you use, can be any amount. then 80% of the flour weight added as water, and so on.
>>
File: Kale and Goat Cheese.jpg (92KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kale and Goat Cheese.jpg
92KB, 960x720px
>>7328359
Baker's percentages. I know it looks like it makes 0 sense. Everything is a fraction of flour, which is standardized to 100%. It is infinitely scalable and allows you to base a recipe on your most limiting ingredient.

For example, if you had 10g of salt, and wanted to make the most dough you could with that quantity, you could use the recipe to determine that you need:

20/.027 = 740.7g flour
740.7*.8 = 592.6g water
740.7*.002 = 1.5g yeast
>>
>>7328359
Baker's percentages.
>>
>>7328368
>>7328370
>>7328372
Im not much of a baker and Im only used to measurements and parts, my bad. Im familiar with parts like 1 part acid 3 parts fat for salad dressing and tsp tbsp cups etc, but that does look nonsensical.

Nice pizzas btw
>>
>>7328343
Jesus fuck, 850F in your wood oven? Is it because of the % hydration that you cook it so high? My pizzas usually cook at 650F and takes about 180 seconds to fully cook.
>>
>>7328343
Also, the leoparding on this pizza is very nice. If you have time, can you post a picture of the bottom of your pizzas that cook in your wood oven?
>>
File: Pepperoni and Ricotta.jpg (60KB, 786x540px) Image search: [Google]
Pepperoni and Ricotta.jpg
60KB, 786x540px
>>7328401
It's a more useful recipe system once you transition to baking by weight.

>>7328492
>>7328494
Yes. 800-900F in my wood oven. Pizzas take around 90 seconds to cook. It's not so much the high hydration that demands this temperature, but the overall Neapolitan approach to making pizzas. When they are cooked at that temperature they have a very unique crust, crumb, and overall cook. Hard to beat, in my opinion, though I am a lover of all pizzas.

All of the photos I've posted in this thread were of pizzas cooked in my home oven at 550F on a FibraMent stone, actually. I'll try to snap a photo of the pizzas I cook in the wood oven the next time I fire it up.
>>
>>7327383
>what is flour....
>>
>>7328670
Very nice.
>>
>>7327629
sprite, liquid egg? fucking americans
>>
>>7328343
>>7328362
>>7328670
Look who it is, the fag who thinks he's God's gift to baking. Please fuck off already.
>>
>>7326265
4L roomtemp water
3TSP yeast.
12L of flour (Add more as you mix as needed)
4L of Semolina flour
1.5L of oil
3 cups sugar
1 cup salt.

This Is what I use for my resturant and it makes really good dough.
>>
>>7327417
>Do you really think that a dough isn't going to rise without sugar?
my sourdough rises just fine without sugar. it takes 4 hours though.
>>
>>7329876
Gullible dipshit
>>
>>7329928
you shut your whore mouth fuckflour is a treasure
>>
>>7329876
>Dumb nigger can't tell when it's being trolled.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.