[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Salami "skin"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 20160130_032135.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160130_032135.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Hey /ck/.

On this kind of salami, are you supposed to eat or peel off that skin/wrapping/casing that is around the salami?

Is it made from something like intestinal lining, or is it plastic which you shouldn't ingest?

It is from the brand 'Hans' and is 'Hungarian salami'
>>
File: 20160130_124507.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160130_124507.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>7322813
Another pic of the skin
>>
>>7322813
Remove the skin
>>
>>7322813
I always peel it so it doesn't interfere with the crunch of the cracker I put it on
>>
mmm salami looks like you've been enjoying it anyway. is the casing kind of thick or something? Like on summer sausage they have a casing on them that you peel but I don't know about salami.
>>
>>7322817
yes remove the casing
>>
>>7322826
It's really thin, and you can eat it without trouble, I've just never been sure if it's made of plastic and I shouldn't eat it, or if it's made of something edible.

>>7322822
>>7322823
Normally I peel it off, but it seems like it takes half the salami with it when I peel it.
>>
Eat it.
>>
dont you will die
>>
>>7323473

don't listen to him, eat it.
>>
>>7322813
run your knife along the roll and peal it all at once, then you wont have to worry your fat little tummy if you're too lazy to remove something concerning and tasteless from a product you are preparing to eat.
>>
>>7322834
retarded to eat with it on. doesn't contribute to taste at all. even if it's plastic your body will just let it pass.
>>
>>7322813
Don't listen to the retards here.

The casing is absolutely edible, it's not fucking plastic.

And you'd be an idiot for removing it, as it locks in the flavour.
>>
>German-sounding brand
>Hungarian in the title
>Italian flag
>>
>>7322813
peel it if it's artificial. eat it if it's natural intestines.
how hard is it to understand?
>>
File: r02.jpg (195KB, 884x293px) Image search: [Google]
r02.jpg
195KB, 884x293px
>>7322813
Look the ingredients. If its natural (commonly the cheapest :ship or pig), there would be on the writing. But if it would be natural, that would be on the front side of the package,with 2inch characters. I think its plastic, so skip it. Also doesn't give anything to the taste.

>>7323701
bad news: its a Hungarian flag
>>
>>7322817
>Another pic of the skin
It's paper. Remove.

For salami that is cured/dried, you never eat the wrapping. It may be hard to unravel before slicing, but eventully you'll get an edge to tear down or you pull it off the rings of already sliced ones.

So you know, there's no reason to eat any casings. If they are natural (intestinal), it won't hurt you, but the purpose of it is to hold a shape when forming the guys.
>>
>>7323683
>as it locks in the flavour
i want to see some evidence of this
what is 'locking in flavour' and why do you spell it with an extra 'u' you don't need?
>>
>>7324207
He's that same autist who thinks "courgette" and "capsicum" are words

I wish hiroshima would just permaban him
>>
>>7322817
Artificial casing. Some types are made of collagen and are edible. This one is clearly not, either it's paper or plastic.
>>
I eat it, nothing bad has ever happened
>>
>>7325130
Enjoy your prostate cancer.
>>
>>7325976
don't worry, I massage it regularly to keep it healthy
>>
>>7325994
>2018
>not having someone do it for you

Tobkeek
>>
It's paper.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.