[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Mom and Pop diners the most comfy place to eat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Are Mom and Pop diners the most comfy place to eat?
>>
>>7313408
Yes.
>>
>>7313408
>comfy

Go slap your parents
>>
I like dark bars better
>>
They trigger my social anxiety.
>>
Not as fun to work in, especially if your kitchen is open to the restaurant. But yes
>>
>>7313408
>eat at counter
>have to make conversation with waitress and creepy counter people
I'll take a booth pls
>>
>>7313408
Some of those places can be pretty hit or miss. There's a cool one about two blocks from where I live named Corbin's that makes kick ass Reubens and bake their own rye but I got a burger from there yesterday that tasted like it was straight out of a sysco bag, it was horrible.
>>
>>7315437
This, I like diners that are diners. The ones that don't try to be a 50's diner.
>>
>>7315437
>straight out of a sysco bag, it was horrible.

That's my situation. Diners are a big thing here, there are at least a dozen within 5mi of me. They all suck my shit. Menus are gigantic, therefore ensuring everything is frozen... No way the turn over enough to make possible otherwise.

Some of them might have one or two things that are OK, but they're buried in the 300+ item menu.
>>
>restaurant more comfy than your own home

I mean maybe your home is shit, but at mine I get to be alone, in the quiet, wear comfy clothes, and watch whatever I want.
>>
I love a good diner. I worked as a cook in one and learned a lot about cooking, speed and consistency. I eventually sold out and cooked at Dennys for 5 years but thats not important.

I love a good diner with a comfy menu and nice booths. My buds and I pretty much always eat at diners.
>>
Can I get you some more coffee?
no, fuck off, I just want to enjoy the experience of dinning with plebs without constant interruption
>>
Family owns one so I usually hit it up once a week for lunch. Normally don't have to pay which is nice. Although another local place just got a new guy cooking and it's way better, so I'm debating starting to pay and go there. Both are great, very chill and they only do breakfast and lunch. Small menus as well, so you know what you're getting.
>>
>>7313408
There is this hole in the wall diner names Molly's by my apartment that has some of the best breakfast items I have ever had. I'm not sure about their non-breakfast items, never tried em.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.