[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting better at cooking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I am a total newfag when it comes to cooking. Is there some kind of food that is easy to make, so I can get into the ,,World of Cooking?'' I can't even make a good omelette or fry chicken nuggets properly.
>>
>>7307293
Keep making omelets and frying chicken until you get it right then.
>>
Everyone should know how to roast a chicken or make a pot roast.
>>
>>7307293
Spaghetti.
It's how I got started!
P.
>>
Semen
>>
You can pan sear things witb relativa ease.
>Skillet on medium heat
>oil/butter/fat to lube pan
>put protein (beef/pork/chicken/fish) on skillet
>season with salt, pepper, and whatever other spices
>flip midway
>season second side

Try it a few times and you'll get the hang of it. You'll l learn that some things take more time but the basics are the same.

Once you can do that look into sauteeing which is similar but at a higher heat and more involved you don't burn what you're cooking.
>>
>>7307293
Just watch some recipes on youtube. Pro cook in no time. GG
>>
If you have a grandma, get her to teach you
>>
Make some rice pilaf. pretty hard to entirely fuck up but still really tasty. not really that good if youre making a meal though
>>
Somebody post the quartered egg pasta.
>>
Bolognese was the first "proper" thing I learnt how to cook, a fair few ingredients but easy to make.
>>
learning to cook eggs is a good start

keep working on that omelet .. what is wrong with it?
>>
>>7307293
Stir fries are probably one of the best ways to work out cooking basics if you're a hands on learner. The only way you can completely fuck it up is if you burn things or undercook meat, the solutions to which are: a) have a glass of water on hand to trickle in if you see or smell anything untoward, and b) cook it more.

Otherwise, it forces you to understand basic chopping, how long different things take to go from raw to mush, and how your particular pan and stove behaves in terms of heat.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.