[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mom thinks that cola is healthier than beer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

File: beer vs cola.jpg (62KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
beer vs cola.jpg
62KB, 600x400px
>She's fat
>She's 56 yold
What's your opinion about cola being healthier or better than beer
>>
Define "healthy" here.
>>
They are both bad for you, but at least beer gets you drunk.
>>
>>7303342
This right here.

>>7303335
Beer is less harmful and some suggest in moderate amounts is healthy. Depends on the beer too of course.
>>
on a per volume basis its not even close, beer, especially good beer is much better for you

Now people often drink many beers in one sitting which is not as common with soda, so if you are drinking 7 beers it once its not gonna be as good for you as 1 soda
>>
>>7303335
depends on quantities
>>
>>7303335
neither of them are very good for you
>>
>>7303335
In small amounts it's probably better to drink beer than cola.
In large amounts the cola is better.
>>
>>7303362
beer is good for you in moderation
soda is not
>>
If I crack open one beer, I'm opening eleven more afterward. If I open a soda, I'm just drinking one soda.
>>
>>7303430
you meant crack a bear right?
>>
One is for mentally ill alcoholics, one is for mentally ill fatties.
>>
both in moderation if you simply must
>>
>>7304436
Almost everyone would benefit from moderate alcohol consumption, no one benefits from soda consumption
>>
Phosphoric acid can cause kidney stones. Cola a shit.
>>
>>7304487
I drink 12oz of coke a week and have never had a problem.
>>
>>7304535

According to the anti-cola coalition ITT you should be dead. You better count your lucky stars.
>>
>>7304554
Soda isn't that bad, but drinking soda is worse than not drinking soda (unlike beer where moderate consumption is better for you than abstention)
>>
>>7304564
[citation needed].
>>
>>7304571
Surely you don't need me to look up why drinking sugar water isn't that good for you
>>
>>7304584
Has it ever been demonstrated that moderate consumption is in any way harmful? You're the one making the allegation.
>>
>>7304590
Well its just empty calories
If you otherwise struggle to get your daily caloric intake its probably fine, but thats not usually a situation people face
>>
>>7303335
Energy-wise it doesn't matter if you drink soda, energy drinks or beer because far as I've seem most of them hover around 40 calories per 100ml.
>>
>>7304598
>Well its just empty calories

But, in moderation, is that in itself harmful? Orange juice is pretty much calories with a tiny amount of vitamin C and some OJs contain more sugar than coke.
>>
>>7304615
Yeah, most fruit juice is analogous to soda, not much different
>>
>>7303335
pop is regulated by the FDA bear is not
>>
>>7304624
Bear is regulated by the NPS, beer by the ATF.
>>
>>7304624
and you think that makes it healthier?
>>
>>7303567
Look at this virgin and laugh
>>
>>7303335
depends on the quantity...
>>
>>7303353
>Depends on the beer too of course

30-pack of Keystone Ice
>>
>>7303335
I don't drink either.
>>
>>7303335
Weed is better, cheaper, actually good for your health instead of killing you (can't OD weed). Just blaze it dude.
>>
>>7305155
>Coating your lungs in smoke is healthy
>>
wait how is drinking beer in moderation healthy? i thought generic beer had about the same amount of calories as soda
>>
>>7305862
>he fell for the calorie meme
>>
>>7305891
i know that calories are not an indicator of health, but i thought that there was virtually no good nutritional content in either beer or coke so i referred to the energy difference...
>>
>>7305155
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>7305898
That makes literally no sense.

Congrats
>>
>>7305862
Soda has more calories (not by a huge margin though)
Beer has more nutrients, especially unfiltered beers common with craft brewers as the yeast is loaded with nutrients. Also, moderate quantities of alcohol correlates with decreased mortality. Something to do with it stimulating certain biochemical pathways in your body
>>
>>7305898
i think what the other kind gentleman means is that you should think about the calorie content of beer differently from the calorie content of soda, because while soda is entirely empty calories that do nothing but make you fat and clog your arteries, beer's calories come at least in part from carbohydrates, starches, etc; that is to say, beer is to at least some extent 'real food' while soda is, nutritionally speaking, liquid candy. an equal caloric quantity of both drinks will have drastically different effects on your body- beer's is better, but only because soda is one of the worst things you could put in your body.

that is to say, yes, beer is healthier, but don't go justifying your next bender as a meal replacement because an indonesian woodcut mailing list told you it was good for you.
>>
>>7303567
/pol/ im suprised you didnt say degenerate
>>
File: crack and chill.png (324KB, 571x545px) Image search: [Google]
crack and chill.png
324KB, 571x545px
>drinking anything but water and tea

How fat are you?
>>
>>7306172
Not fat at all

Probably because I know how to control myself because I'm not a pathetic fat sack of shit such as yourself that needs a million of something to satisfy himself
>>
>>7306172
>not water and tea and soy milk
>>
>>7303567

Sorry that we aren't all high on life and gay orgies.
>>
>>7306182
And yet you need overintensified sweetness and intoxicating beverages. Is somebody here lying to himself? I think it's possible.
>>
File: 1451112894397.jpg (34KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
1451112894397.jpg
34KB, 600x398px
>>7307580

If you have a bone to pick with drinking then you seriously came to the wrong board.
>>
i drink about 150 bud light cans per week and im going strong at age 35

hardly ever drink sugared soft drinks.
>>
>>7307591
>i drink about 150 bud light cans per week
a) that's 20/day, no you don't
b) if you did you'd have figured out that it's much cheaper to buy it by the keg in those sorts of quantities
>>
>>7303335
They both suck dick when it comes to health benefits. Might as well argue the health benefits of smoking vs drinking bleach.
>>
>>7307591
Post pictures of all your cans, faggot.
>>
>>7303335
in small amounts there are health benefits to beer from small amounts of vitamins and protection from ulcer causing bacteria. With cola the way it is today (not made with plants or herbs but artificially flavored sugar water) there are NO health benefits and contributes to metabolic syndrome (diabetes). On the other hand any alcohol in chronic excess is extremely toxic for the body and mind. Much more so than sugar.

>tl:dr

drink good beer every now and again in small amounts. Never drink soda.
>>
>>7307591
if this is true you are in denial.
>>
>>7303335
A can of beer is healthier than a can of soda, but beer's unhealthiness grows exponentially with a larger consumption, while soda's will steadily increase.
>>
>>7307614
It's not that unrealistic. My father drank nearly that much full strength beer and never bought a keg. He was also fine at 35.

Fucked at 45 and dead before 60, mind you.
>>
>>7303335
Beer is what yeast poops out after eating the sugar.
>>
>>7305155
>literally inhaling smoke
>anything better that killing you is automatically good for you
>this is what stoners actually believe
>>
>>7307557
Speak for yourself
>>
>>7307850
Having plants and herbs doesn't magically make something healthy you dumbshit. Don't get me wrong, soda is full of sugar, but sugar itself is a plant product you fucking numbnuts.
>>
>>7308260
You don't pronounce the H in herbs, dummy.
>>
>>7305090
Nothing wrong with that
>>
>>7308269
Are you high?
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.