[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ck/ Sticky

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: gamer.jpg (77KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
gamer.jpg
77KB, 550x413px
What information would you like to see in the /ck/ sticky?
>>
How to keep my erection hard during a 5+ minute session of sex t.b.h.
>>
>>7293331
www.google.com
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp8vd4X3IGg
>>
>>7293372
If /mu/ has a sticky I'm pretty sure /ck/ could.
>>
Ramen hack details
>>
A /ck/ recipe site that isn't garbage like booru is. Got half a mind to make one, dag nabbit.
>>
>>7293414
Do it.
The Booru is shit, it needs killing off.
>>
How to cook a steak
>>
>>7293380
Just because one board has a sticky doesn't mean that all boards need a sticky.
>>
>>7293449
/ck/ NEEDS a sticky.
>>
it should include a webm of op killing himself and a link to google.
>>
>>7293331
When is the sticky going to be published?
>also checked dem trips
>>
>>7293331
All a sticky needs is answers to common questions and common links to basic information.
>>
>>7293468
For what? All the retards who are too incompetent to use google?

No thanks. I'd rather we not cater to mouthbreathers who can't think for themselves.
>>
We've had this thread a million times and every time no one can come to an agreement with what should be included. This is why we don't have a sticky after all this time. It ain't happening, cap'n.
>>
>>7293331
/ck/ is not your personal googling service or fast food review site
>>
>>7293331
Garlic press reviews and comparisons
>>
>>7293499
>checked
I think if someone took the lead it could happen.
Would anyone be interested in a /ck/ IRC to discuss it and contribute?
I have a server rented for my business, I could quite happily create a channel.
>>
>>7293449
You're right. /ck/ just needs constant knife recommendation threads, "how do I into x?" threads, and constant fast food ranking threads.
>>
A link to a /ck/ wiki with pages for various topics:

Ramen 'hacks'
Links to good youtube cooking channels
Links to resources such as what fruits/vegetables are in season
A link to the BLS Average Retail Food and Energy Prices which can be found here:
http://www.bls.gov/regions/mid-atlantic/data/AverageRetailFoodAndEnergyPrices_USandMidwest_Table.htm
A list of suggested books
Shopping lists
Basic recipes that demonstrate various cooking techniques

I'm sure the autists on the board will say that you can just google all this info, but if >we were to put together a wiki with this info it would probably simplify things imho
>>
>>7293538
A sticky won't stop those kinds of threads from being created.
>>
Basic Cooking for beginners
>How to sear meat properly
>Knife skills
>Good, basic flavor combinations
>Links to useful cooking websites, like foodnetwork, Bon apetit, etc.
>List of basic kitchen tools and their purposes
>Important, small tips such as: The difference between fresh and dried herbs; Use a thermometer to check your oven temperature as it may run hot or cold; make sure butter is at room temperature when creaming it
>Links to "teaching" chefs (like Alton Brown)
>Link to budgetbytes
>List describing how to tell when produce is ripe
>>
>>7293559
Literally all of that can be found with simple google searches. If people are too dumb to understand how to use google to find simple information, they don't deserve to have their hands held by /ck/ to learn how to chicken breast.
>>
/ck/ needs to have a sticky that has "how to cook" in the name section and "google.com" in the comment section.
>>
>>7293559
Yeah, exactly what I mean.
Would anybody be interested in a collaboration?
As I said, I can create an IRC Channel on the works server (and keep the retards and shit-posters off it) and then we can present the end result to the 4Chan admin's for consideration.
>>
>>7293565
>Wahwahwah I'm a big tough meany who thinks that no other boards include resources in their sticky
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89KB, 1920x1080px
How to eat raw chorizo
>>
>>7293574
No, I think that stickies are generally useless and most people ignore them and continue to make the same threads anyway.
>>
basics

- videos about cutting skills
- what spices/herbs work with what proteins/dishes
- how to cook meat accurately
- benefits of different cooking methods (oven vs grill vs pan vs sous vide vs etc)
- shopping on a budget (eg. cheapest cuts of meat that are still good)
- wireframe flavors for certain types of food (eg.Thai food - use lemon grass, garlic, basil)
- recipe corner
- "expand your palette" corner (eg. try caviar!)
- cocktail recipe corner
- filling foods that are low-calorie
- calorie-dense foods for bulking up
- approved youtuber list
- memes to avoid
- how to shop for produce (eg. squeeze avocados to see if they're ripe)
- explanation of calories in vs calories out
- accurate images of portion sizes for different foods
- list of basic supplies everyone should have (eg. floud, salt, crushed red chili pepper flake, etc)
- image/gif recipes
>>
No board needs a sticky
>>
>>7293331
The sticky should start out with a meathead slamming vegetarians for bringing up vegetarianism in every vegetarian thread. Vegetarian.
>>
File: soups_on.png (155KB, 1008x864px) Image search: [Google]
soups_on.png
155KB, 1008x864px
OKAY ANONS. Here is how we will handle the sticky. We will work section to section. I'll try and involve myself the best I can.

Lets not jump the shark on anything. For now:let's start with a basic section of pots and pans.

What I want to include in it is this: essentials, recommendations at 3 different tiers, and explanation as to why they are there.

So reply to this post with pots and pans you think everybody should own, and if you have them, recommendations for a low, mid, and high tier cookware.

Lets try and get a consensus going. I'll type up a rough draft of the section when in home later and we have some quality info going.
>>
>>7293614
http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/12/gift-guide-essential-pots-and-pans-presents-for-home-cooks.html
>>
>>7293603
>what spices/herbs work with what proteins
> filling foods that are low-calorie
>calorie-dense foods for bulking up
>explanation of calories in vs calories out
This isn't fit
>>
>>7293565
>to learn how to chicken breast.
People like you need a sticky, you fucking illiterate retard.
>>
>>7293703
Fuck off and learn the English language, retard.
>>
>>7293731
Go fuck yourself. I was intentionally saying "how to chicken breast" as an example to show the level of retardation of the kinds of people that always create "I has chicken breast, what do?" and similar threads.

If you're too stupid to realize that after reading my post, sorry to say but you're the illiterate retard in this case.
>>
>>7293703

So? They are still directly food-related topics that a visitor may want information about. Just because something doesn't appeal to your specific interests doesn't mean that it's not relevant. Keep in mind, at core we eat food for nutrition. Food-derived pleasure is secondary.
>>
>>7293339
>>7293372
>>7293399
>>7293449
>>7293472
>>7293490
>>7293509
>>7293517
>>7293585
>>7293605
>>7293611
Old shit-posters.
Enjoy death.
>>
>>7293739
>cretin detected
Hello Newfag.
>>
>>7293739
>damagecontrol.jpg
>>
>>7293739
How fucking dumb/American are you?
>>
Board stickies should be a way to reduce the number of unnecessary common threads.
For /ck/, I think we should link to a wiki that has rice cooker guides, basic cooking tutorials, and cheap recipes for broke students (to cut down on the "I have $5 to spend on food for the next week wat eat" threads).
>>
>>7293952

Why? All of that information already exists in better sources elsewhere. Why re-invent the wheel in a worse way?
>>
>>7293957
>Why?
because those are the most common threads we see on /ck/.
/mu/ had a ton of threads that were "how do into [common artist]?" and "recommend me a turntable" so they stuck it in the sticky wiki and the number of threads went down.
/g/ does regular "Stupid Questions Threads" to reduce the number of threads that don't really need to exist.

The latter could work really well for /ck/, I think. Having a regular thread that people can ask small questions in could also work as a replacement (or maybe even a supplement) to a sticky.
>>
How to PROPERLY season your cast iron pan.
>>
>>7293981
>The latter could work really well for /ck/, I think

I disagree. If people are too lazy to refer to a cookbook, channels on youtube, or even something as simple as a google search, why would they bother reading the sticky?

....and why would you want to make that sticky knowing that there are far better resources out there?
>>
>>7293994

You don't get it...

- stickies are made for laymen
- it is ok to have inferiorly detailed information in stickies because laymen don't care as long as they get functional information
- stickies provide us the ability to direct laymen to a single body of information for all of their questions
- laymen are happy with their easily accessed information
- we are happy by smugly being able to tell laymen to "READ THE STICKY FAGGOT"
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.