[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Is this good, /ck/?
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: chopped.jpg (131 KB, 720x540) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
chopped.jpg
131 KB, 720x540
Is this good, /ck/?
>>
Not anymore.

They've turned it from a cooking competition into a who has the biggest sob story competition.
>>
Every judge is a fucking faggot and I can't stand any of them.
>>
The only good parts are the mystery basket reveals.

Tbh the best shows on Food Network rn are The Kitchen and Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.
>>
>>7292588
The only judges that really suck are Guarnaschelli and Scott Conant. I like Zakarian, Samuelsson, Freitag, and even Maneet. I think the show is perfectly watchable.
>>
A lot of the food network shows are garbage. The contestants and judges seem like caricatures of themselves. desu I actually think Jack Scalfani should get a cooking show to get away from all the other clowns on the network,
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 500x332) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 500x332
>>7292860
>Diners, Drive ins, and Dives
>>
>>7292878
>Samuelsson
that fussy little prick? literally everything "doesn't have enough salt"
>>
>>7292881
>watching diners, drive-ins and dives
>chef makes a chicken sandwich
>guy takes a bite as big as possible, getting food all over his face
>notice the chef recoil in disgust for a second
in one episode, i also noticed that guy had some pale streaks on his neck. then i realized his neck fat covered some sections of skin while he was tanning.
>>
>>7292424
Mostly this. When the show was about cooking, and chef comments were about the food, the reason behind their cooking choices, or about their cooking history, I enjoyed the show. Now, I generally fast forward chunks of the chef explanations, as they focus in whatever sob story the chef has (gay, cancer, single mom, etc.). I don't give a fuck, talk about the food.
>>
I'm oddly attracted to Indian judge, but besides that once you watch the show a few times you can literally predict who's going to win pretty easily.

>All the judges compliment an aspect of the meal
>Then bring up a negative, that's usually nit-picking so it makes it seem more even and increases the drama
>Implying that someone who doesn't use a basket ingredient and [one other negative] will be in the same boat as someone who "didn't quite balance the flavours"
>>
File: image.jpg (502 KB, 1024x847) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
502 KB, 1024x847
>>7292889
I'm both disgusted and fascinated by him. Too weird to reproduce. Too rare to let die.
>>
>>7292886
Think he's p. objective. He's barely on the show that much anyways so that shouldn't be all the skin off of your nose.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 594x520) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 594x520
>we will never have Fieri judge an episode of Chopped
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
Thread DB ID: 458629

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.