[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any one here grind their own meat i'm looking for adivce

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

any one here grind their own meat

i'm looking for adivce on a grinder.. i'm thinking manual because i would only be doing small ammounts for 2-4 people kind of thing.. but i'm not against electric either.. cost isn't a huge factor

are the ones that are attachments for mixers any good?

any other feedback?
>>
>>7289378

>any other feedback?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8Ru8d0l_fU
>>
>>7289378
manual
>>
>>7289378
The hand grinders work okay, but I'm looking forward to getting the grinder attachment for my wife's kitchenaid mixer. If you get a hand one, get a higher quality one. I have a universal No. 2 grinder and while it works it definitely leaves a LOT to be desired. I've used it to grind bone in chicken quarters for a raw dog food diet though, no complaints on durability.
>>
>>7289378
I advise an electric or kitchenaid attachment. With sausage extruder either way. it's impossible to turn the crank and fill the skins. Unless you can count on having a helper if you make sausage.
>>
looking for a mild workout? manual. where are you getting your meat from? store bought or harvested yourself? im an alaskan and get a moose every few years. LOTS of meat for the freezer/friends. at first most ppl who came over never grinded meat before, so the manual was easy, just let them do/try it. i highly recommend looking into making sausages
>>
>>7289594
Seconding this. A lot of people have gripes with the attachment because they're making large amounts of grounded meat, but if you're only making it for a couple of people, it should be okay.
>>
>>7289594
>>7290693
Thirding this. The kitchenaid is awesome. Cook's loved it.
>>
>>7289378
I have an old Enterprise No 22 meat grinder that was my grandfather's and I ground up 5 lbs of deer trimmings to make some great burgers a couple weeks ago.

Didn't take long and was easy to turn as long as you don't cram it so much that the hopper is overflowing, even then it wasn't that bad.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-20-22-00-07-1.png (494KB, 1440x1601px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-20-22-00-07-1.png
494KB, 1440x1601px
I got this as a gift last Xmas and it's been amazing. Since then, we have not had to purchase sausage or ground beef.
However, we do utilize the hell out of our vacuum sealer.
Usually make about 10 lbs of whatever meat, then freeze and vacuum seal. They go hand in hand in my experience.
>>
>>7291157
Did you add any fat? If so, what kind, how much, etc
>>
>>7291220
Nope.

I was kind of worried about it being too dry and falling apart after it was cooked, but they stayed together just fine.

But to be fair, these were the fattiest and connective tissue filled trimmings off the deer.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.