[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the deal with this shitty meme website and its recipes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: normiebook-meme.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
normiebook-meme.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
What is the deal with this shitty meme website and its recipes catering to lazy millenials who can't cook but like to pretend they do?

Every time I log onto Facebook these days I always see at least one of these videos. Why are people these days so fascinated by cooking videos meant for people with the attention span and cooking skills of a fucking chimp?
>>
>normiebook-meme
>>>/r9k/
Sage.
>>
>>7288148
I mean you pretty much answered your own question. The website is for lazy millenials who can't cook but pretend they do.

These people do have the attention span and cooking skills of a chimp.
>>
File: 1443966820723.jpg (455KB, 2448x2450px) Image search: [Google]
1443966820723.jpg
455KB, 2448x2450px
>>7288148
>I am angry that people enjoy being entertained
>>
File: 1452036646126.jpg (82KB, 726x590px) Image search: [Google]
1452036646126.jpg
82KB, 726x590px
yea I never understood why these videos piss me off so much. Every video is like premade dough, put in pan, add canned sauce and kraft cheese. whoaaaaa sooo innovative, going to make this tonight
>>
>>7288148
every video that they make a "roux", they always have too much butter, never let it cook and then add cold milk
>>
>>7289003
because they're shit
>>
>>7288148
I hate them too, although one did give me the idea for carrot cake oatmeal. I went and found a better recipe for it somewhere else though.
>>
I watched some video where they used cold butter and the batter came out with lumpy chunks. It drove my baking autism up the wall.

But the videos are simple, and appealing to watch. I actually watch them for fun, though the recipes are inferior.
>>
>>7288148
Good for ideas, very poor technique but a halfway decent start for people who don't cook very often.
>>
>>7289010
>add cold milk
I always add cold milk to my hot roux. That's how I learned to do it and how I've been doing it for 25+ years.

But yeah, the too much butter and not cooking it long enough parts are true. I have one friend on facebook who seems to post 2-3 of these fucking things every day. They're always some half-assed knock off of a legit recipe made with terrible technique out of garbage-tier pre-made foods from the store.
>>
Not everyone likes cooking but they see something that is easy to make and looks delicious so they try it out. It's not like they brag about how good of a chef they are.
It's like using frameworks in programming instead of writing the whole architecture of the code yourself, which you probably have no clue what I'm talking about and that makes me really angry because you dont know how to code so you must be very stupid and less superior than i am
>>
My roommate/fuckbuddy/exgirlfriend showed me one of their vids the other day, it was like super basic beef stew in a breadbowl and she was very excited about it. Weird.
>>
The only recipe I found that was worth making was a recipe for carnitas filled steamed buns. They actually took the time to make everything from scratch. But otherwise, 95% of their recipes are memefood bullshit for basic college fucks.
>>
Roooooll meat into a funny shape
Meeeelt all your cheese

Tasty
>>
I watched a few, they're dumb.

>flatten out piece of white bread
>cover it in peanut butter
>roll up and fry it

60% of them are shit like that.
>>
There is this video for a one-pot chicken alfredo. That shit puts my pasta autism on overdrive. Like they cut the chicken in pieces and start making the sauce then add the pasta. And it looks like the chicken is going be overcooked and the pasta will end up undercooked.
>>
>>7289329
Same, I think they're pretty entertaining. They give some neat ideas and if you're making your food exactly how you saw them do it without changing it up to your own preferences then you're doing it wrong anyway
>>
Whatever fucking motivates these god damn women to get interested in cooking again. I don't fucking care what it is that gets these god damn 20 something women my age to want to learn and cook. It's a god damn shame that I have to teach my ex's how to cook, shit as simple as how to properly use a knife.
>>
File: TastyGross.png (676KB, 766x1365px) Image search: [Google]
TastyGross.png
676KB, 766x1365px
>>7288148
Jesus I'm glad I'm not the only one who cringes every time some basic white bitch posts these on Facebook.
As best I can tell they are all shitty, Betty Crocker-type recipes for Millenials
They are all absurdly unhealthy too... fucking gross

Pic related: Just found this recipe for avocado fries on my wall, triggered desu

AVOCADO FRIES!
FRIED FUCKING AVOCADO!
>>
>>7289460
I farm that shit out to fucking nerds. FAGGOT!!

But for real, these millinials eat the garbage that resembles kidcuisine and lunchables. Im with ya bra. Lets go spray our greatness all over them; do coding and shit.
>>
>>7290149
Their stupid one-pan recipes trigger the fuck out of me. How is anything supposed to be cooked to the right degree of doneness when you shit everything onto a pan and shove it in the oven at the same time?
>>
>>7290828
The actual fuck
god damnit how can you TAKE A FUCKING HEALTHY AS FUCK FOOD, AND TURN IT INTO GARBAGE BY FRYING IT

I wanna find the southern cu/ck/ that thought of this, and revoke their licence to live in the kitchen.
>>
>>7290828
I've made those before. You BAKE them you spergs. You lightly drizzle with olive oil and coat them with panko + seasoning and then BAKE them on a wire rack so they brown and crisp on both sides.. They're delicious.
>>
the OH! YES! at the end bothers me
>>
>>7288148
Bro, you answered your own question.

Just wait, these same people will get worse as they get older, and all their horrible traits will be amplified. And they will STILL be shit tier cooks to boot.
>>
>>7291295
>the little laugh while he says it
I'd love to find the guy that recorded that line and rip his top and bottom jaw apart King Kong style.
>>
>>7288148

THAT PICTURE PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH AND I DON'T KNOW WHY
>>
>>7288148
I saw one that was literally

>Get frozen ravioli
>bake it in the oven with canned sauce and cheese
>wa la

Although it's not necessarily a terrible thing to do, particularly if you're on a budget, but they try to make it seem amazing or something.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.