[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm trying to impress my pleb family with a fancy looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

So I'm trying to impress my pleb family with a fancy looking dessert like pic related.
I was wondering if you guys had any idea if something else I could make that doesn't require some expensive as fuck ingredients.
>>
Chocolate tarts aren't expensive...
>>
>>7281740
fancy looking desserts are literally just desserts that look fancy
you have to be good with your hands, you can't have a magic recipe that makes things look better than you can make them
if you want a recipe that's hard to fuck up and interesting style points
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarte_Tatin
It's literally just upside down cake
>>
>>7281745
No I meant the other possible suggestions, I know tarts are cheap to make but I wanted to try something different.
>>
File: d9qNa.png (47KB, 464x128px) Image search: [Google]
d9qNa.png
47KB, 464x128px
>>
Caramel custard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fEvWJnSel4
>>
>>7281747
>fancy looking desserts are literally just desserts that look fancy
>you have to be good with your hands, you can't have a magic recipe that makes things look better than you can make them
basically, this

it's all about looks.

pic related. bam. those are just apple peelings curled into roses. google Apple Walnut Tart with Maple Custard.
>>
Try Shotgun á la mouth
>>
>>7281754

At this point, does anyone even have to expand the image?
>>
>>7281800
>>7281747
Well I think I'm pretty good at imitating things I'm just creatively bankrupt.
>>
>>7281846
plebs are very easily impressed, they think magnolia cupcakes are fancy, so just take a page from their book and pipe some cheap butter frosting on top of the dryest, most out-of-the-box batter you can find with some colorful cupcake liners
>>
croquembouche
>>
>>7281740
Try something with just a few ingredients so you can buy them in bigger quantities if you Fuck up you can make more. Try something like truffles. Its just chocolate heavy cream and some butter. Put like mint extract or leave them plain use %60 to %72 cacao so it's bitter and roll them in some cocoa powder. The bitter taste will make them think it's for more refined pallettes and you can make them by hand instead of getting moulds and you can tell them the little backstory about truffles being rustic like that since they were supposed to look like the expensive black truffles pigs in France dig up. You give them that tidbit and they think your way more skilled and intellectual than you really are. Works well with family especially grandmas
>>
>>7281740

A mousse is easy to put together, as is a sweet pastry crust. Do you own a tart pan? Tarts are less common than pies.

Make a crust, make some mousse, put the mousse in the tart crust, serve for dessert. Make some whipped cream for extra points. NOT CANNED WHIPPED CREAM!
>>
I thought chocolate babka was pretty easy to make. Just throw stuff in a stand mixer, chill, roll out then braid. It looks fancy as hell for not too much work.
>>
>>7281800
Either they'll eat that one in the next ~30 minutes of all those apples will turn brown.
>>
>>7281960
This feels like an excerpt from a book designed to impress plebs, holy fuck.
>>
>>7281997
this. you can even use pre-made crusts. maybe cover the mousse with ganache to look extra fancy.
>>
>>7282064
>premade crust
Come on guys you gotta have standards
>>
>>7281800
a lot of things made to look fancy or pretty don't end up tasting as good. people just want them for their blog posts. how would you slice that and serve it to someone? it wouldn't hold together well once sliced i'd imagine, and then trying to eat it with a fork doesn't look like it'd be too easy either with long strands of apple.

>google search apple walnut tart with maple custard
>hipfoodiemom.com
yeah...
>>
File: creme brule.jpg (354KB, 874x3000px) Image search: [Google]
creme brule.jpg
354KB, 874x3000px
Crème brûlée can be made to look fancy and the ingredients are fairly basic...
>>
>>7283445

You can fuck it up though if you don't know what you're doing.

Having said that I've got nothing against sweetened scrambled eggs.
>>
Buy brownie mix, follow the directions, cook it in a tart crust.
>>
File: ingredients.jpg (403KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
ingredients.jpg
403KB, 1000x750px
>>7283459
but even if you fuck it up, eggs are cheap...

Compared to making a chocolate tart, where if you use good chocolate it can get a bit pricey... (pic related, ingredients for chocolate tart when i make it)
>>
>>7281740
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/category/dishtype/puddings-desserts/
Some pretty ornate things here you can substitute expensive stuff where applicable.
>>
Making a pavlova is pretty and really fucking cheap. Free-form tarts, in general, are really easy.

If you have some time, people try and fail at making good meringues because Pinterest. Pulling out a dainty selection of picture-perfect meringues made with cheap-as-fuck eggs and flavoring would make all of the females disgustingly envious. Throw in some sort of heavy chocolate item for the guys and you've won.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.