[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought half a duck from chinatown the other day, and it was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: first-bbq[1].jpg (194KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
first-bbq[1].jpg
194KB, 800x533px
I bought half a duck from chinatown the other day, and it was fucking delicious. So now I have a bunch of fat and skin and bones and juice left over, and it's too tasty to throw away. Any advice on how to make soup out of it?
>>
>>7278426
If you want to be totally obscene use it to flavor some congee.
>>
are you supposed to eat the face?
>>
>>7278426
1. Make a stock first but leave the skin out to keep it from being too salty - you can recrisp the skin and add it back to the soup just before serving.
2. You'll want to skim the stock before turning into soup, otherwise it will be overwhelmingly fatty.
3. Ginger, banana peppers,and napa cabbage go well in roast duck soup. Don't even think about adding potatoes, more than a little bit of tomato, or any dairy.
>>
>>7278463
Sweet, thanks.
>>7278453
Mine didn't have the head attached, or I would have at least tried nibbling the face.
>>
>>7278426
Throw it in a pot, add some broth, a potato. Baby, you've got a stew going.
>>
>>7278463
Don't listen to this asshole.
I leave all the fat in.
Made chili with regular ground beef, didn't drain any fat, good fucking Lord it was so good.
Fat is good!
>>
>>7278517
When it floats on the top it isn't good
>>
>>7278607

get a load of this faggot
>>
>>7278607
I bet you like kissing boys too
>>
>>7278623
>>7278632
>They don't skim scum

ew
>>
1. The scum isn't equivalent to fat.
2. I recommend taking the fat off after cooling the soup anyway, because I like to cook with it.
3. The amount of fat you get from a duck (or half a duck) is significantly more than from frying ground beef.

>>7278426
I prefer to roast the bones before making duck soup as I find that, otherwise, the soup is too musky (even if the duck has been cooked).
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.