[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the rest of the world keep sucking this company's dick?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

Why does the rest of the world keep sucking this company's dick?
>>
For the same reasons a mass of people do anything that defies logic: herd mentality.
>>
>>7269820
>rest of the world
Context?
>>
Because it's... convenient placed in high-traffic areas and people are creatures of habit, I guess? I honestly don't know how they are still opening drive-thru stores. It's overpriced, it takes forever unless you order one of their disgusting drips that have been sitting for hours, it's usually crowded and has all the atmosphere of an airport coffee shop.

The one thing I can say is that the quality of the coffee is dramatically better everywhere else in the world outside the US and Canada.
>>
Europoor here. People are fickle and they like American brands. Also some of the ridiculous syrup frappucinos with chocolate chip and three layers of foam types of coffee can't be had at regular stores, so fatties get attracted to that I guess.
>>
I rarely see anybody drinking coffee when I walk past Starbucks stores. Everybody has some variety of caffeinated milkshake.
>>
I had a vendetta against them since they opened three shops at one time in about 2001, and closed the business I was working for. I hadn't patronized a starbucks until I was pregnant in 2014 and desperately wanted a really good Hot chocolate.

I swallowed my pride and pulled into a drive through to order a hot chocolate. I mean how do you fuck up a hot chocolate that you're charging me like $5 for? I don't know how thy did it, but it was the shittiest hot chocolate ever.

Fucking fuck Starbucks.
>>
I don't see many in my city here in Australia and the few that I've walked past have been pretty empty. So I'm not sure if I'm in 'the rest of the world' according to OP but I don't think my city is sucking American dick.
>>
File: baressoCPHairport.jpg (11KB, 314x160px) Image search: [Google]
baressoCPHairport.jpg
11KB, 314x160px
>>7269820
Denmark here
I used to buy it at the airport, whenever the line to the other coffee shops were too big, while waiting for my train to Sweden.

Baresso was my favorite, but I usually had to wait for too long, and when the nearby kiosk had a big line, then it was Starbucks for me.
---------------------

Tbh. I really dislike the coffee in all the places, and I drown it in milk/ cream/ sugar. So far I have only been able to drink McDonald's coffee without milk and sugar, I used to feel a need to drink coffee all day long, however I don't anymore and I stopped buying from all those shitty places..
>>
File: shp.png (80KB, 480x512px) Image search: [Google]
shp.png
80KB, 480x512px
>>7269832
>>
>>7269820
They follow idiots like you who post their stupid icon?
>>
>>7270090
i really like this pic, cheers anon
>>
I go there when I want a dessert type drink, like a frappuchino. If I just want a regular coffee, I'll go someplace else.
>>
>>7270094
That sounds so sarcastic but /ck/ is full of very normal sincere people so I can't be sure.
>>
File: homepage_large.be7a4fbb.jpg (101KB, 319x318px) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.be7a4fbb.jpg
101KB, 319x318px
I went to a Starbucks in Japan and it was exactly the same as any other location - there's something kind of cool and dystopian about that. Feels like we're living in the future, but the future isn't chrome and holograms but jazz compilation CDs and fake wood floors.

Also last autumn I tried a pumpkin spiced latte and it sucked, it tasted like some disgusting flavoured shot without the vodka. Don't get the hype, very disappointed.
>>
>>7270004
>caffeinated milkshake
Thats exactly what I want when I go there.
>>
>>7270015
You come across as a real eurofuck.
>>
File: ls.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
ls.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
hey whats the best highstreet chain coffee in the UK. I always get Pret a Manger because it's cheaper but tastes pretty good.
>>
>>7270116
You're pretty deep man, I bet you're the only one that got that deep message.
>>
>>7270116
you should start a pop-punk band
>>
Starbucks, messages from beyond, just for you!
>>
>>7270138
you just invented that subtext, I wasn't even implying that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBIa0o36pPo

Assholes that tried to redo some Clash stuff
>>
>>7270104
i was being genuine
>>
>>7270116
Most stores look roughly the same from one country to another. There's nothing dystopian about that. It's just good marketing.
>>
>>7270179
Of course you were.
>>
>>7270218
Hahahah damn I really want to convince you but anything typed out sounds too sarcastic.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 600x800px
Fuck you nerds, I think Starbucks is great. Then again, I would never pay for it. I've only ever used gift cards.

The cold brew is good. I've never had any other cold brew, tbqh. The espresso and Americanos taste fine to me, and those are the only things I ever drink.

btw McDonald's coffee is the bee's knees. Free refills for dine-in is pretty sweet, too
>>
>>7269820

worked there for a year last year as a shift supervisor

does anyone have any questions
>>
>>7270330
Why do shifts need to be supervised?
>>
>>7270339

Its just a shitty way of saying manager without giving us the same pay.
>>
>>7270135

Caffe Nero is decent. Their coffee is strong. Costa is acceptable, but not as good. However you can get some other drinks in Costa that are nice such as lemonade. Starbucks is terrible.
>>
Italyfag here, no starbucks yet. Must be because our fucking grandpa mentality for which "ohhhh god coffee must be either espresso or moka else it's shiiitttt" and people getting overly vocal and judging if you order an american coffee.
Not that I'd order sugary abortions like frappuccinos, but I enjoyed some frozen caramel macchiato when I was in NY or Tokyo during hot summers.
>>
>>7269820
Aussies don't

http://munchies.vice.com/articles/this-is-why-australians-hatehttp://thebigsmoke.com.au/2014/05/28/sm-australians-refuse-pour-bad-coffee-ie-starbucks-just-saying/-starbucks
>>
>>7270015
Probably your pegged hormones taking over..
>>
>>7270489
>Not that I'd order sugary abortions like frappuccinos, but I enjoyed some frozen caramel macchiato when I was in NY or Tokyo during hot summers.
There's no difference when it comes to the sugar content. Nothing wrong with sweet dessert drinks, but don't act like one is better than the other
>>
Convenience, sugar addiction, and some people really do think that good coffee tastes burnt.
>>
File: 1.jpg (76KB, 1280x1237px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
76KB, 1280x1237px
Why do these guys have better coffee???
>>
>>7270492
u fukt up, m8
http://munchies.vice.com/articles/this-is-why-australians-hate-starbucks
http://thebigsmoke.com.au/2014/05/28/sm-australians-refuse-pour-bad-coffee-ie-starbucks-just-saying/
>>
>>7270558
this coffee taste like shit
>>
>>7269820
Because assholes like you keep shilling them.
>>
>>7270558
>>7270595
Some week in October they had a promo near me for free large coffee everyday for a week, and man is it shitty. I still went and got it for free, it even at that price sometimes id just toss it out since it was so bad
>>
>>7269820
>Why does the rest of the world keep sucking this company's dick?
What makes you think that the rest of the world is sucking that company's dick?
>>
>>7270135
Pret serves its coffee too hot... But some may like that.

I generally drink espressos, and I can usually find somewhere doing a better one than the chains within a few yards - whether it is an English, Spanish, Portuguese, french, Italian cafe.

However I live in South London, so am spoiled for choice
>>
>>7270558
Worst fuckin coffee I'veever tasted in my life!
>>
>>7270397

>Costa toastie
>caffe Nero coffee

Perfection
>>
Starbucks is far more interesting from a business/marketing standpoint. They managed to develop a very unique audience and consumer culture with barely any advertisements.
>>
File: sb1.jpg (676KB, 1894x1573px) Image search: [Google]
sb1.jpg
676KB, 1894x1573px
>>7273374
>barely any advertisements
>>
>>7269820
I read this book, Predictably Irrational, and they had an excellent experiment that showed why people pay $4 for a cup of coffee

Basically the moral of the story was
>presentation
>have stuff in a fancy looking place in fancy looking cups with fancy sounding names they made up like "grande" and "vente" and people will think that it's worth more and thus are willing to pay more

Also, self-herding
>try it one day cause it's popular so hey what's up with all the buzz
>tried it once before so might as well try it again
>habit forms

Cucking idiots into paying $4 for a fuckin cup of coffee
>>
>>7269820
I went today. Got a caramel frappaccinno and a Spicy Ham Salami Sandwich. It was a'ight. They didn't tell me the total and I didn't get a receipt though.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.