[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /ck/ I've been living off the 'meal deal'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: co-op-sandwich-005.jpg (56KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
co-op-sandwich-005.jpg
56KB, 620x372px
Hi /ck/

I've been living off the 'meal deal' at the local grocery store. I usually get a smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich, 500ml of coconut water and a little pot of melon and grapes or mango for £3.25. What other foods should I add to my diet? I am worried I am not getting enough nutritions.
>>
>>7267196

>doesn't cook
>comes to a cooking board

Go take some muzzie bbc you retarded bongcuck.
>>
>>7267196
Take a multivitamin after each meal if you're seriously that paranoid.
>>
>>7267204
Was just curious as to specifically what nutrients were conspicuously lacking.

>>7267202
>/ck/ - Food & Cooking
>Food & Cooking
>Food
???
>>
File: Mouse ear hawkweed.png (3MB, 1772x1328px) Image search: [Google]
Mouse ear hawkweed.png
3MB, 1772x1328px
Leaves
>>
>>7267202
su·pe·ri·or·i·ty com·plex
noun
noun: superiority complex

an attitude of superiority that conceals actual feelings of inferiority and failure.
>>
>>7267196
which super market do you buy from? i don't think i'd order a seafood sandwich from any super market
>>
>>7267330
The Co-operative. I was doubtful at first but I got sick of the other sandwiches quickly and this was surprisingly good. Nice ratio of smoked salmon to cream cheese and they use whole wheat or something so its healthy.
>>
>>7267196

>grocery store

Fuck off yank.
>>
why do you choose to live off this? it's about ten quid a day, surely theres better shit you could buy, even if it was stuff to make better sandwiches
>>
>>7267370
Lethargy
>>
>>7267370
I am busy 14 hours a day and only go home to sleep and shower. Don't worry, I can cook. I just don't have the time or energy to at this point in my life. Also the coconut water is £2.50 on its own and I love that shit so I consider it a bargain. I am satisfied with the quality of the food I am currently getting.
>>
>>7267399
Even so meal "deals" are a bloody rip off.
If you are honestly too lazy to cook you can still just buy pre prepared meals which'll be better for you and cheaper.
Don't know about Co Op but where I shop you tend to get a week's worth of a particular fruit/veg for between 50p-£1 depending on what you get. If you're lazy just get fruit and veg you can eat raw, staying away from stuff like potatoes for obvious reasons.
For breakfast and lunch try to just find something simple and filling, I personally just go for two hardboiled eggs in the morning and then some kind of carbs at lunch.
Even ready meals are only about ~£2 a pop and they're rather filling.
If you have an Aldi/Lidl locally I'd recommend them. Key thing is to buy stuff in advance where possible, looked online and while I don't know how much coconut water you get, but you seem to be able to get a litre for about 2.50 and I'm pretty sure that meal deals come with 500ml at most.
>>
>>7267417
tl;dr

Answer my original question or go somewhere else to rant about your poverty eating.
>>
>>7267403

Salads may help then my friend, try something simple like a can of chickpeas, tomato and spinach with a dressing of choice. It only takes a minute to prepare. The beans will keep you full while the veggies are nutritious.

Or how about just putting spinach in your sandwiches lol
>>
>>7267423
>spinach
I'll try that out. I want something that I can eat while I'm walking around or doing stuff without having to stop somewhere and heat shit up. >>7267417
The innocent brand coconut water is the only good one and costs £3.50 a litre.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-14-09-48-15.png (126KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-14-09-48-15.png
126KB, 720x1280px
>>7267444

Look up the individual nutritional info for every ingredient in your sandwiches + fruit. If you can tell that most nutrients are accounted for then good job.
>>
>>7267462
Are those all of the nutrients required for a human to live?
>>
>>7267196
This sounds totally fine. If youre really concerned try cycling through the other sandwiches/pastas etc but you wont die of malnutrition, Co-op is sound for sandwiches.

Do you have this for every meal. Doesn't that shit get boring?
>>
>>7267869
Usually 1-2 times a day. It is boring but it doesn't bother me too much because I'm depressed and apathetic.

The tuna based ones make my breath smelly so they're out, and the pasta ones get old really quickly.
>>
>>7267196
You need vegetables.

Get a cucumber, wash it, slice it into pieces and dip it into thousand island dressing.

You can get frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. Warm them up on the stove with water.
>>
>>7267852
yeah but humans die anyway, so don't worry too much if you don't get everything
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.