[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ha!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 6

EUROPEANS

B

T

F

O
>>
are you trying to start shit on a siberian pengun clubbing instant messaging forum? what kind of life you must lead.
>>
infogram a shit?
Nachos are originally from Piedras Negras, Mexico. Tortilla chips are not nachos. A few articles claim El Zarape Tortilla Factory was in LA when they created tortilla chips. Maybe it moved to Texas later.
>>
That's all common knowledge, OP.

Anti-'murrica shitposting is just shitposting.

Why are you trying to rile shit up?
>>
Pasta primavera was created in New York around the 70s or 80s.
>>
>>7265809
Nacho's

>where we think it's from
Mexico
>where it's actually from
Mexico
>>
>>7265809
all the faksian ones are terrible
>>
>>7266484
this, nachos were originally made in mexico for white women by mexicans

OP is 0/10 unresearched trash
>>
there was an american/asian woman who wrote a book about the origin of american "chinese" food. my dad was really into the 50s cantonese shit - his favorite being pressed duck - so he contacted her. i think they maintain good contact now. so if anyone is interested in old cantonese/50s/jewish chinese food, reply to me. also my stepmom is chinese and she likes to make some authentic things, but she hates china.
>>
>>7266558
95% of chinese that leave china hate it. funnily enough 95% of taiwanese who leave taiwan to come here hate the US
>>
File: 1410381884190.jpg (81KB, 400x505px) Image search: [Google]
1410381884190.jpg
81KB, 400x505px
>>7265809

Thats a shitty info gram.
>>
>>7265809
all of these are just dumbed down versions of the real dish senpai
>>
>Europeans btfo
How exactly? We've been BTFO because we didn't create dishes that Americans think we created? We don't even eat any of those things here.
>>
>>7265809

All those things are gross or inferior to the real thing.
>>
>>7265809
>never forget the based French Dip came from Phillipes (spell check) in LA. My Dad took me there as a kid saying how truely based it was.
>only now do I realize
>>
>>7266558
I'm curious for a non duck recipe, senpai.
>duck is hard to find in Utah
>>
>>7266567
Taiwan isn't a complete shithole.
>>
> Spaghetti with meatballs
> People think it's from Italy

Only in fucking burger country.
>>
Hands up all Europeans who have only heard of most of these and never even seen them irl.
>>
File: 1385988990109.jpg (71KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1385988990109.jpg
71KB, 300x300px
Never heard of most of those things.

Also
>garlic bread
>American
>something that has been done for about 7000 years is from America, a country that is 240 years old
>>
>>7265809

>some guy from Massachusets created "dark chocolate" that is used in every single chocolate cake

nice chart, did you get it from buzzfeed? kill yourself
>>
>>7266756
Cavemen didn't even know how to bake bread 7000 years ago let alone how to raise garlic or milk cows (known as aurons back then)
>>
>>7265809

>spaghetti with meatballs
>nachos
>chimichangas

how Americans do food: take a legitimate recipe (say, a burrito), then add shitloads of fat (deep fry the burrito) and reduce taste (get rid of mole or cilantro)

WA LA
>>
>>7266756
they're not saying they invented making bread with garlic
they're saying they invented taking white bread and smearing a butter garlic spread on it, aka "garlic bread" to americans
>>
File: auron610.jpg (46KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
auron610.jpg
46KB, 610x343px
>>7266769
>>
>>7265809
>english people don't know what muffins are
Of course we do. They're the sub-par crumpet imitations that McDonald's does for breakfast. Also you can buy them in supermarkets if there's no crumpets left.
>>
>>7266769
>cavemen didn't know how to raise garlic
find garlic, dig garlic out of ground. Just because you can't figure it out doesn't mean they couldn't, anon.
>>
>>7266769
nice bait.
>>
>>7266775
but the first trails of bread, butter and garlic together are from Persia about 3000 years ago, and it has most likely been combined several hundred, if not thousands of years before that.
>>
>>7266781
Garlic doesn't even grow in the ground you retard and it's not native to any of the areas that wheat bread is native to.
>>
>>7266731
>>7266751

this x10000
>>
>>7266795
>Garlic doesn't even grow in the ground
where does it grow then?
>>
>>7266825

it grows on garlic trees you fucking retard
>>
>>7266827
Pretending to be retarded is offensive to people with real disabilities, Anon.
>>
>>7266795
If only there was some form of bread that could be made with a grain other than wheat.
>>
>>7265809
>Europeans BTFO

Your list appears to be be "Things Americans are generally ignorant about". I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be BTFO by it.
>>
smirked

a little
>>
>>7266775
i put mushrooms in my carbonara so i guess i invented carbonara. italians never did it the way i do it.
>>
>>7265809

>an American invented dark chocolate

wat
>>
>Immigrant from place creates dish
>Immigrant names dish after homeland
But the immigrant didn't make it IN the homeland, they made it in the USA so it's AMERICAN. FUCK YEAH 'MURRICA

Also: Land of the Cheap Knockoff
>>
>>7266967
>Land of the Cheap Knockoff

China?
>>
>>7265809
Wow An Englishman takes a muffin recipe from England to America, re-names it 'English Muffin' to avoid confusion with a small cake - And it's an American invention??

An American company made the first Mass produced Frozen Garlic Bread but it was around for a few thousand years beforehand!

Rubbish infographic and no Europeans feel in the slightest BTFO
>>
>Dip sauce
>Idea
Most likely you could trace it to ancient greece if you wanted to, or Sumeria. Bread dipping is pretty old.
>>
>>7265809
Americans steal a recipie and makes it laste blander "LOL WE INVENTED IT GUISE"
>>
>>7266997
>no Europeans feel in the slightest BTFO
Apparently you feel butthurt enough to respond though.
>>
>>7266997
Denial
>>
>>7266997
eurocuck
>>
File: Chocolate Cake.jpg (76KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Chocolate Cake.jpg
76KB, 600x450px
>>7265809
>German chocolate cake
As a german i can say we just call it "chocolate cake" don't know why anyone would add "german" we never claimed that it was exclusive german food.
Also the cake on that picture looks nothing like chocolate cake in germany ever would.
>>
>>7266558
I've never heard of pressed duck aside from the french version, whats that?

What's your tastiest duck recipe?
>>
>>7267084

>the cake on that picture looks nothing like chocolate cake in germany

That's because it's an American dish. Do you not understand the thread?

I'm honestly surprised at how many yuropoors are getting upset over an image that basically just says, "guess what, all these common American foods were created in America, even the one's with another country's name in the title!"

I also don't understand why yuropoors would want to take credit for American food, when they spend half their time shitposting about how bad it is.
>>
>>7267138
>"guess what, all these common American foods were created in America, even the one's with another country's name in the title!"

I'm not clear on why we need to be upset about that though. We don't claim any of that shit is European: it's the Amerifats who are making that claim.
>>
>>7267138
everyone in the thread is basically saying that americans made a shittier version of other countries food. which is true.
>>
>>7267149
Wrong. Americans make everything better.
>>
>>7265809
at least in regards to general tsos chicken, there is a whole documentary on the origins of the dish, and it certainly wasn't invented in new york outright

a chinese chef in taiwan invented it, opened a restaurant in NY where it was served as a specialty, and a NY chef ripped off the idea and tweaked the recipe and his knock off is the one that people liked more. He wasn't the originator though, he even admits he wasnt the originator
>>
Daily reminder only people in flyover states get angry at anti-American food related bantz. I'm not even kidding.
>>
>>7265809

How? These are either poor replicas to appeal to American pleb taste, or vague memories of what Americans enjoyed in Europe.
>>
>When people don't know what the term germanic actually means

God this kills me
>>
>>7265809
>general tso's
>new york

it was made by a Taiwanese man who was a chinese ex-pat.
>>
>>7266731
taylorsozleted at this
>>
ITT:

AMERICA BTFO
>>
>>7266852
Because giving a shit about the feelings of other people is what we do here, right?
>>
>>7267138
>I also don't understand why yuropoors would want to take credit for American food, when they spend half their time shitposting about how bad it is

It's just shitposting. We're secretly jelly about your varied and tasty-looking cuisine.
>>
>>7267159
>Americans make everything fatter.
FTFY
>>
> tl;dr , USA was made by immigrants

WOW

who knew ?
>>
>>7266558
Youre dad dipping his dumpling in the plum sauce?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (127KB, 600x646px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
127KB, 600x646px
>>7267321
>>
>>7265809
Is this an american thing? never heard of most of those and the ''russian'' dressing is pretty much universaly known as american dressing
>>
>>7267138
it's what germans call Torte, there are hundreds of variations including chocolate ones
>>
This just proofs that Americans are absolutely ignorant when it comes to food. No one else would have any doubt about where this stuff comes from.
>>
Anyone who believes any of those "myths" in the OP is a retard anyway. The only one I didn't know about was vichyssoise, but that's such a European way to make soup that it doesn't even fucking matter where it was originally made. The only difference between that and potato and leek soup is what, the temperature? Fucking aspies.

This graphic would be much better if it had more items like that and less obvious shit like General Tso's and chimichangas.
>>
>>7267517
and also refernces to sources. in the end the americans are a mix of unfortunate people (ex slaves), fortune seeking people (hispanics), potato eaters (irish) and a shitlload of degenerates that didn't make it in their country of origin ("me stupid, too many kids, me not able feed family, me go to promised land").
>>
>>7267504
>everybody knows everything except for americans
>proofs
>>
>>7265809
>there aren't large meatballs outside of america
Is this supposed to be a joke?
>>
>>7265884
published pic says you're a liar
>>
>>7266567
>he used numbers so this has to be true
>>
>>7265809
The only thing there I actually found surprising was vichysoisse
The whole thing really makes sense if you just think about the actual cuisine of each country for a moment
>>
>>7267623
And I have never actually heard of lot of those dishes/seen anyone who thinks they were actually from those countries.
So probably the whole 'infographic' is for americans.
>>
>>7265859
>siberian pengun clubbing instant messaging forum
evaluate your life too, m80
>>
>>7267623

>The origins of Vichyssoise are a subject of debate among culinary historians; Julia Child calls it "an American invention",[2] whereas others observe that "the origin of the soup is questionable in whether it's genuinely French or an American creation".[3]

>Louis Diat, a French chef at the Ritz-Carlton in New York City, is most often credited with its (re)invention.[4] In 1950, Diat told New Yorker magazine:

>In the summer of 1917, when I had been at the Ritz seven years, I reflected upon the potato and leek soup of my childhood which my mother and grandmother used to make. I recalled how during the summer my older brother and I used to cool it off by pouring in cold milk and how delicious it was. I resolved to make something of the sort for the patrons of the Ritz.[5]

desu I'd take meme images like the OP with a grain of salt
>>
being this desperate
>>
German Chocolate Cake comes from Texas
>>
>>7266675
>never had nachos, meatballs, or garlic bread
sure
>>
>>7267650
It's still American
>>
>>7266769
>cavemen
>7000 years ago
>>
If another country claimed to have invented a shit sandwich, Americans would clamour to take credit for it.
>>
>>7265809
>General Tso's Chicken
was actually created by a Chinese immigrant in Thailand. Another guy stole the idea and brought it to America.

There's a whole documentary on it on Netflix.
>>
>>7267731
Negative. We leave the muzzies cuisine alone.
>>
>>7267761
>Thailand

How can you not know what Taiwan is when the entire premise of peace in Asia literally hinges on that country?
>>
>>7267775
hummus is america's biggest meme dip
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.