[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
cooking novice here
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: dinner.jpg (398 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dinner.jpg
398 KB, 1600x1200
Didn't have any real ideas for dinner tonight so whipped up something at random.

Chopped organic zucchini and onion fried in Colativa olive oil with a bit of bacon, then added cooked spaghetti. Topped with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and black pepper.

It was pretty good, and I had been worried about how well zucchini would work in it.

Suggestions for alteration/improvement?
>>
>>7261726
next time cut the zucchini in smaller pieces
and add some garlic and some cream cheese
>>
>>7261732
this but idk about cream cheese, matter of preference perhaps
>>
You should try practicing your seasoning skills on fried eggs.

Fry an egg, cut it into quarters then season each individual slice with different combinations. This way, you'll get a feel for different flavors and soon become a spicemaster!
>>
Tiny bit of olive oil for the spaghetti too

Slice that zucchini good and thin
>>
>>7261734
no prob, some cream would do too, or just skip it
>>
OP here. Yeah, I was a little impatient cutting up the zucchini but will definitely do smaller pieces next time. Didn't have any garlic around but onion seemed like a natural second choice.

One thing I wasn't sure about was whether to just add the cooked oiled veggies on top of plain spaghetti, or to cook the already-cooked spaghetti along with them in the pan for a bit.
>>
and use more spaghetti in one serving
and cut the bacon into short strips
>>
>>7261735
Should he cut the egg into quarters before frying it?
>>
-Add some garlic and black pepper in with the zuchini, some sliced mushrooms would be good too.
-Cook your pasta to al dente (still slightly chewy), and then add it to the pan that you're cooking you're veggies in directly from the water and then add a tablespoon or two of butter and toss the pasta with the veggies and the cheese in the hot pan.
-Plate it and add more cheese and maybe some parsley if you feelin fancy.
>>
Give up, OP.
>>
>>7261726
sour cream perhaps. otherwise well done
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Thread DB ID: 420116

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.