[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people make a huge fucking deal of the foods and drinks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: mong kong tea.jpg (214KB, 640x390px) Image search: [Google]
mong kong tea.jpg
214KB, 640x390px
Why do people make a huge fucking deal of the foods and drinks that are least interesting, least distinctive, and easiest to prepare?

Pic related. It's one of the steps in the traditional preparation of Hong Kong-style milk tea: pouring it through a goddamned sock. It's just tea with added milk. How many ways can you fucking add milk to tea? Why do HK milk tea purists exist?

Same idea with Southern-style sweet tea. Why are Southerners so proud of this diabetes water? Do Southerners really believe they are the first culture to think of adding sugar to tea?

It boggles the mind.
>>
Risotto. Yeah, let's spend an hour making something that about as appetizing as wallpaper paste on a good day.
>>
>>7259535
I'm from the got dang south and we sure as sugar don't make a fuss over no bible-bashin' rip snortin' tea!
>>
>>7259535

It's not an actual sock.
>>
>>7259535

I assume they do this because it's less work than pouring it back and forth multiple times to aerate it.
>>
>>7259557
God I thought it was just me
>>
Wǒ láizì xiānggǎng, wǒ xiàng nǐmen bǎozhèng, wǒmen de chá shì yīliú de, yīn wéi shì wǒmen zhǔnbèi de fāngshì.
>>
>>7259593
MAINLANDER GO HOME
>>
Rúguǒ shì zài xiá fèng yǎnjīng de bùgòu hǎo nǐ, OP bùgòu hǎo. Nǐ hǎo nǐ hǎo nǐ hǎo ma, hé háo hé háo hé mǔ jī háo.
>>
>>7259618
I'm not a mainlander, I'm just bored and fucking around with Google Translate.
>>
>>7259535
Can you make laicha at home without that sock? I'd totally make some for myself if I didn't need that sock. Shit's so delicious.
>>
>>7259579
the sock is very real. hong kong custom dictates that the sock come from the foot of a diabetic athlete's foot sufferer. this results in a slightly sweet, umami profile in the sock. this flavor is imparted to the tea during straining.

as eating yourself to death is rare among asian peoples, the supply of these socks is scarce, and the tea is a luxury good.
>>
>>7259626

Yes. But the sock ensure the black tea still has bite even after the milk and sugar should have fucked it up since it has been brewing for a while.

As someone who had high tea, the better tea filters isnt made from paper but usually cotton or silk to keep "track" of previously steeped teas so they tasted consistent as well as saving money since you can reuse it.

But on the same subject fuck you spicy wings. I know your goal is to convince me to buy a pitcher of beer but I refuse to surrender to your money gouging ways!

>>7259627

Fuck off. We inherited the only good part about british cuisine which is tea
>>
>>7259693
Don't forget HK style French toast, a Cantonese interpretation of a British interpretation of French toast.
>>
>>7259693
>But the sock ensure the black tea still has bite even after the milk and sugar should have fucked it up since it has been brewing for a while.

how
>>
>>7260102

The sock stays in the brewer. With paper filters you throw them out whence you are done brewing the batch.
>>
>>7260851
is it like wok hei but... sock hei?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.