[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a follow up to the thread I made the other day about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: vegan-certified-big.png (15KB, 325x225px) Image search: [Google]
vegan-certified-big.png
15KB, 325x225px
This is a follow up to the thread I made the other day about how I've lost a bunch of weight and felt kind of miserable, maybe you remember.

I got a physical like you recommended and it turns out my Vitamin D was extremely low. I'm going to start taking a prescription supplement and including some fortified foods (I haven't been eating any processed foods so I probably haven't been getting it through that and I also work an office job so I'm not in the sun much during the day and now its too cold to really be out with too much skin exposed). Hopefully this info helps anyone else, my anxiety was going through the roof and I was tired a lot so I'm looking forward to going back in six months to see if things have gotten better.

Other than that everything was stellar. Fantastic cholestoral levels.
>>
Good to hear that it was apparently an easy fix.
>>
>>7258452

So what you're saying is that you restricted your diet and ended up malnourished as a result? Wow, that's surprising!
>>
File: a.jpg (113KB, 702x822px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
113KB, 702x822px
>>7258460
>>
>>7258452
Was the physical weird? I've been feeling kind of similar, but that sounds like the last thing I want to do.
>>
>>7258460

Vitamin D deficiency is fairly common in omnivores as well. Dairy only has it if it is fortified, same as soy or almond milk.
>>
File: girls.jpg (10KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
girls.jpg
10KB, 269x187px
>>7258470

nah, doctor is a young qt so I was nervous about that but since I was young they don't actually touch your testicles or do a penis inspection and obviously prostate exams don't start til like 40. The most contact was pressing on the abdomen a bit to feel for tenderness.

It was a pretty good experience all in all. I'd never had a physical that wasn't a sports physical so it was cool to see the blood and urine work.

>>7258457

thanks brah I hope it works too, a lot of the symptoms seem spot on.
>>
>>7258480

and by young, I am 25. Also most wellness visits like this are 100% covered by insurance annually in the U.S. at least
>>
>>7258452
During the short days most people's vitamin D levels dip. It's not an issue for people who take supplements (or drink milk, to which the supplement is added). I'm sure if I were to have mine tested it would be low right now, but I have no symptoms, so zero fucks given.

Glad you found the cause of your symptoms, because they were a little disturbing. Be well.
>>
>>7258493

yea I was reading, low vitamin d is a pretty common thing among everybody especially now like you said. Mine was 7 ng/mL which is really low. The test said 30-100 ng/mL is what you want.
>>
>>7258480
You got a boner?
>>
>>7258452
Glad you got it figured out. Thanks for telling us what happened.
>>
I eat plant based.

I worth grtting a health check?
Should I only bother if I feel something is wrong?

I know I don't eat enough protein and too many carbs. . .
I'm having a nutritionist at my gym work out a meal plan for me, but I don't know i would be good to get a blood test etc.
>>
>>7260229
Dude you should be getting a routine physical like once a year. I know that's fairly unreasonable for most of us but I still get a sexual health checkup every six months and a physical every two years.
An ounce of prevention beats a pound of cure right
>>
>>7260237
I don't really see the benefit. As in.. I don't know what they are meant to do. Never had one in my life.
>>
>>7260299
They check your blood and urine for relative levels of hormones and vitamins. If you are running malnourished in a small way they can detect and you can fix it. If you have any malignant moles they'll probably find them. If there are any obvious troubles that you haven't noticed the doctor will probably see it. It's a chance to talk about your mental health and any recurring problems you might have. A chance to discuss aches and pains, or diet or general attitude. If you are fat or otherwise out of shape it means you can discuss a brief exercise plan with your doctor.
Lastly it helps get you acquainted and familiar with your doctor, thereby making it more likely for them to give a shit about you, and making it more likely that you'll communicate something that needs to be told about like if you start shitting blood or whatever.

It's not super beneficial, but on the other hand the benefits do outweigh the relatively small cost of some time and the cost of a doctors visit. I live in a civilised country so it's quite cheap for me.
>>
>>7258452
Good to hear OP, I got worried reading your other post... but it now seems like a relatively easy issue to deal with.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.