[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dry Rub

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

What's in your dry rub, /ck/?
>>
pepper
>>
>2 Tbsp. salt
>1 Tbsp. pepper
>1 Tbsp. brown sugar
>2 tsp. garlic powder
>1 tsp. onion powder
>1/2 tsp. rosemary
>1/4 tsp. ground clove
>1/4 tsp. cinnamon
>1/4 tsp. cayenne
>>
the 11 herbs and spices
>>
>>7256059
Sneaky sneaky. I'll tell you a couple of key ingredients: Cayenne pepper and Hungarian paprika.
>>
everything
>>
>>7256059
I never rub dry, I'll just spit on it if I have to.
>>
2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp crushed black pepper
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp smoked chipotle pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp powdered thyme (beef only)
>>
>>7256071
>In 1983, William Poundstone conducted laboratory research into the coating mix, as described in his book Big Secrets, and claimed that a sample he examined contained only flour, salt, monosodium glutamate and black pepper.[16]
>>
File: spicispicifickificki.jpg (60KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
spicispicifickificki.jpg
60KB, 528x960px
It's a fucking secret
>>
>>7256140
fuck you Houdini
>>
>>7256110
Mr Poundstone sounds like a fake name
>>
>>7256078
Paprika IS Hungarian
>>
cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne, chipotle, ancho, salt, black pepper, cinnamon, clove, garlic, thyme, oregano

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i have others
>>
>>7256197
>i have others

POST THEM
>>
Depends on the meat....

Huge secret to pork rub is cinnamon and sugar.
>>
>>7256190
Bonus!
>>
>>7256208

What about a cheap cut, like tri-tip? I was thinking about barding it with bacon
>>
>>7256204
"curry" - cumin, black pepper, garlic, turmeric, cayenne, chili flake, cilantro, clove, salt

don't know what it is, but its a little greek, a little north african - cumin, cinnamon, lots of black pepper, salt, orange peel

ranch, good for grilling - dill, parsley, chives, garlic, lemon peel, black pepper, salt, sugar

reminiscent of a phô - cinnamon, clove, cardamom, brown sugar, chili flake, cayenne, cilantro, garlic, soy sauce

I call it "bottled barbecue". goes great on roasted pumpkin seeds - brown sugar, molasses, chipotle, salt, cumin, ancho

greek-ish poultry and pork - marjoram (or oregano, marjoram is more subtle so I like it better), parsley, cinnamon, orange peel, salt, black pepper

hmmmmmm
>>
>>7256220
Yeah, that would work. Don't put to much sugar and cinnamon tho. Depends on what tastes you want as well.

Spicy?
Sweet?
Mixed?
>>
File: young-nigella-lawson_112329513.jpg (175KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
young-nigella-lawson_112329513.jpg
175KB, 1920x1080px
>>7256234

Intriguing...
>>
File: tritip2.jpg (42KB, 640x458px) Image search: [Google]
tritip2.jpg
42KB, 640x458px
>>7256238

This cut I have is about 2.5 lbs. I want something aromatic, warm and savory, with maybe--just maybe--a touch of sweetness.
>>
>>7256246
That's Hillary Duff.
>>
>>7256208
And apple cider vinegar.

I like to take a page from the book of South Caroline Barbecue. I do my dry rub, Memphis style, slow cook it (at least, you don't have to smoke it, really) and then let it cool once it's done. Then I chop it up with a few splashes of apple cider vinegar here and there. Makes great tacos.

Some of that, tosses in a hot pan and swished to reheat, some black beans, pickled carrots, and fresh crumble cheese? Oh yes.

Alternatively I make a very lightly dressed creamy cole slaw, or use some more vinegar and some honey and salt to quick pickle julienned carrots, jalapeño, green cabbage. Chill it in the chest, drain, and spoon over the pork in a soft corn tortilla. Makes a good arepa, too.
>>
>>7256246
I just realized I left out a few spices in some of those. Oh well. You can figure it out.
>>
File: haylie-duff-1.jpg (395KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
haylie-duff-1.jpg
395KB, 1280x1920px
>>7256266
checked.

...fucking internet search...
>>
>>7256271
>apple cider vinegar

Not a dry rub...
>>
>>7256265
Cumin, black pepper, cinnamon, salt. and lots of all of it, but a little less of the cinnamon. add your favorite powdered chili pepper for a little extra heat if you want. Pretty basic middle eastern "base" I've used it on just about everything from lamb to beef to sweet potatoes to infused butter on bread.

>>7256278
It's absolutely cooked with a dry rub. I make my blend, pat down the meat, rub a dub and let it sit to get happy. Then cook. The vinegar gets splashed on after it's done cooking while I'm chopping it up. More for a brightness and sweetness to counter the heavy spice I use, instead of for added moisture. Don't you feel smart?

Oh, and big secret, though vinegar before, during, and after cooking is definitely a South Carolina style, there are plenty of shops in Memphis right now that chop their barbecue up with healthy splashes of apple cider vinegar in the same way I do. I just don't use as much. And now you know.
>>
>>7256277
Jesus her fucking lip always freaks me out.
>>
File: 11819223414_7e4b594fe6_o.jpg (530KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
11819223414_7e4b594fe6_o.jpg
530KB, 800x1200px
>>7256295

Yeah, she's not half as hot as her sister. Pic related is the only reason I watch her show.
>>
How do you feel about lemon pepper?
>>
File: g-shandling.jpg (5KB, 116x161px) Image search: [Google]
g-shandling.jpg
5KB, 116x161px
>>7256295
She has that Garry Shandling lip.
>>
File: Catwoman-Jocelyn-Wildenstein.jpg (30KB, 450x513px) Image search: [Google]
Catwoman-Jocelyn-Wildenstein.jpg
30KB, 450x513px
>>7256475

yesyes, she's got horrible plastic surgery lip injections... can we get back to the food now?
>>
>>7256435
I like lemon pepper wings but that is all I have ever tried it on for some reason. It's not one of the flavors that jumps out at me that I would do often but when I do have it I always like it
>>
Salt
Black Pepper
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Brown Sugar
Dry Mustard
Paprika

That's it!
>>
Just an old blanket that's been washed about 50 times. Super soft. Only thing is when dry rubbing with the blanket, precum tends to take away the soft spot of the blanket, making you shift to a new spot on the blanket.

Little baby powder limits the friction. Also throwing that bitch in the dryer for a little while before your dry rub is a veteran move.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.