[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else prefer the dirty hole in the wall places over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

File: calfish.jpg (282KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
calfish.jpg
282KB, 1024x575px
Does anyone else prefer the dirty hole in the wall places over the trendy upscale restaurants?

I just want to be full when I leave.
>>
>>7253186
As long as it's not on the nigger side of town then I actually prefer the small hole in wall diners
>>
I like both. I judge a restaurant's quality based off of cost-effectiveness of my satisfaction. I love going to a fancy dinner every once in a while, but the little Chinese owned burger joint down the street has the best teriyaki chicken plate I've ever had, and it's HUGE.
>>
Mein negro! That's one of the best joints in Shitcockblow.
>>
File: 1452381950073.png (30KB, 747x491px) Image search: [Google]
1452381950073.png
30KB, 747x491px
>>7253186
>"hole in the wall"

This is a hypermeme at this point.
>>
>>7253186
yes I love to go to the crappiest places I can. wow I sure do love garbage.
>>
>>7253198
Passive aggressiveness is a very womanly trait
>>
No, where I live there are more options than 'dirty' and 'chain garbage'

You should try not living in a flyover state
>>
File: rachael-ray.jpg (41KB, 445x458px) Image search: [Google]
rachael-ray.jpg
41KB, 445x458px
>>7253186
>Does anyone else prefer the dirty hole
>>
>>7253250
Nobody brought up chain garbage before you did. OP talked about preferring "dirty", hole in the wall type places over more upscale restaurants, which obviously implies that he has access to the upscale restaurants, but chooses not to go there. You really need to improve your reading comprehension.
>>
File: 1442472579528.jpg (20KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1442472579528.jpg
20KB, 413x395px
>>7253250
>>7253258
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>7253258
Try reading comprehension at an adult level instead of just sounding out the words. It's obvious to anyone with a brain that op's idea of "high end hipster places" means cheesecake factory and bonefish grill
>>
>>7253186
Hole in the wall places are only ever good if they are in major cities. They scrape by by having really good food. Hole in the wall places in small towns simply have no competition and are usually trash.
>>
>>7253255
Is that semen on her tongue?
>>
>>7253269
You're just grasping at straws now

It's actually kind of embarrassing
>>
>>7253275
I'm sorry I embarrassed you. Next time reconsider whether you should express your bad taste in a public way
>>
>>7253282
Keep crying that you got BTFO
>>
Honest places where wait staff doesn't try to jew you for tips.
>>
>>7253285
You're the only one crying here, neckbeard
>>
>>7253293
Keep working on that projection, kiddo
>>
>>7253186
>dirty hole in the wall places over the trendy upscale restaurants?
I not a fan of dirty, but I'd rather eat at a cheap place with good food than an expensive place serving tarted up versions of similar dishes for top dollar. But if the hole in the wall is serving crap and the trendy joint has a good chef I'm more than willing to change my stance.
>I just want to be full when I leave.
How fat are you that this is even a consideration? Restaurant portion sizes are pretty big. If anything I see that as a bad thing, because I'm either wasting food or stuck carrying around a doggie bag for the rest of the night after dining out. I'm happy to pay for a meal, but I don't need leftovers as well.
>>
>>7253269
7/10 bait, you made me type multiple sentences
>>7253266
>>7253311
wa la
>>
>>7253274
animal semen
>>
i do

i live in a neighborhood that's gentrifying and while there are more and more restaurants opening up.. they are crap. and the old good stuff that was here is either closing or "upscaling" and turning to crap

it sucks.. i can't wait to move

fuck yuppies and condos
>>
>>7253186

Honestly, sometimes yes, sometimes no. There are some restaurants in my city, mostly Greek-Italian ones that are simply the best. They have been owned and run by the same families for decades and the food they serve is not only hearty, plentiful, and tasty but the price point isn't terrible for the quality and amount you get. I would often rather go to a place like this than an upscale $40-$50/plate restaurant honestly. That being said, some other hole in the wall places are very questionable and I like my food to not make me sick. I would much rather go to an upscale restaurant where I know the price, but also the standards are very high, than a few hole in the wall places that are questionable.

So I guess it really depends. I try to judge each establishment individually and not generalize.
>>
Yeah.
My SO wants me to try fine dining but I just don't think I'd fit in since I'm a low maintenance no pretentious home cooked meal kind of person. I'm sure some of them have great food though.
>>
>>7253586
Your SO sounds like a real fag.
>>
>>7253556

Translation: I'm mad that I'm poor and can't afford a condo.

The food at these new expensive restaurants are shit even though I've never tasted it because it's too expensive.

I'm wealthy and own a nice condo, but I hate yuppies too. However, I equally hate people like you who feel the need to announce how much they hate other people who have more money than them.

Also gentrification is a good thing. It's called progress. You really want slums, disease, drug use and bullshit? Redeveloping the shit parts of town and making them habitable by people who contribute to society is a good thing.

The only downside is that, yes, it does not solve the problem of drug use, and crime of the current lower socioeconomic residents because all it does it force them to another area which will become even more shitty. There needs to be another solution to assist these people but at the same time, trying to hold onto your slums is disgusting.
>>
>>7253586

When was the last time you cheated on him?
>>
>>7253586

>Fuck Chad behind SO's back
>Make SO pay for $70/plate fine dining meals daily
>Start denying him sex
>Have Chad and the team cum inside you
>After SO pays for $700 wine+upscale dinner reward him by letting you eat you out for dessert while having Jamie Olivers ooking show playing in the background
>>
>>7253589

I think you sound like an uneducated moron.
>>
>>7253592
haha.. never said i was poor

condos are retarded garbage and yuppies have shit taste and go to shit restaurants

i'm buying acres on a lake out in the country because some moron just paid a shit load for my tiny piece of shit house

your "nice condo" is going to be a money pit pile of garbage in 20 years when the lousy construction starts to show

only retards buy condos
>>
>>7253618

You're obviously poor or lower middle class. It's just obvious from the tone. Acres in the country are dirt cheap. Condos have different levels of construction. Some are built with better materials, some are just cheaper. Mine jumped about $100,000 in value in just a year. I wouldn't keep a condo for more than 10 years though. But yeah, run along and be one of those idiots who thinks he's ahead of the curve because he can buy a few acres of remote land and grow some fucking vegetables in his backyard. You probably love guns and drinking shitty beer too.
>>
>>7253595
Never? I'm definiey willing to try fine dining, it just doesn't seem like it would be my thing. Even if I was very wealthy I would prefer to cook for us myself.
>>
>>7253190
>not having a sodasopa in niggerville

That's where all the best restaurants are tbqhwy
>>
>>7253647

Cooking at home is better, but fine dining can be worth it sometimes depending on what you get. I prefer to cook for myself at home instead of eating out in general, but the skills of a well experienced chef well exceeds my skills as a home cook and that is definitely reflected in the quality and taste of the food.

Normally I'll just go out to a nice restaurant for a special occasion like Christmas or a birthday with friends/family.
>>
>>7253186
Butty vans on the M1 are pretty GOAT
Absolute trash but you know exactly what you get in a sandwich
>>
>>7253647

don't lie
>>
>>7253634
you're obviously very dumb, because you think owning space in the sky is progressive and that you can "class" people by their "tone" on 4chan

also i'm not american so guns, shitty beer, disease and slums aren't something i have to worry about in my daily life
>>
>>7253689

Are you fucking retarded? With the growing population you think there is enough land in every place on Earth for people? Condos are the solution for overpopulation.

Are you from Vancouver by any chance? I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
>>7253704
Condos huh?
>>
File: 1398530228692.jpg (24KB, 369x248px) Image search: [Google]
1398530228692.jpg
24KB, 369x248px
>>7253603
found the newfag
>>
all the dirty hole in the walls
have been really trying to jew their customers for the past few years
less portions and it cost more
>>
>>7253190
Are you kidding? Chicken joints with bars on the windows and open air drug deals are god tier.
>>
>Search for this restaurant
>"Calumet Fisheries was featured in Anthony Bourdain’s “No Reservations” on the Travel Channel, February 2, 2009."

OP is a fag. These kinds of places are the worst because they have plenty of money/exposure to not be dirty but they just hoard it instead
>>
File: MountainHighBurger.jpg (21KB, 348x348px) Image search: [Google]
MountainHighBurger.jpg
21KB, 348x348px
Drove all the way from Delaware to Alaska once, so I've eaten all over the country, pic related in Washington and some place off route 50 in Colorado had the best burgers I've ever had.
>>
>>7253634
>>7253618
#rekt
>>
>>7253999
not true at at all, imo it's about consistency. they don't want to change because they get popular, often the way they are is why they get popular in the first place.
>>
>>7253269
Hey bonefish grill is good you fag
>>
>>7253704

>condos are the solution for overpopulation

being this retarded
>>
the best part of driving through rural coastal areas is the little mom and pop fish and chip/burger joints
>>
>>7253186
Literally the only way to go for Mexican food
>>
The best BBQ I've ever had came out of the back of an old black guy's dilapidated mini van.

I was at a conference in Indianapolis, and they brought in six or seven food trucks for lunch. They were all the typical hipster bullshit, except for the black guy who had a few chafing dishes of pulled pork, some cheap buns, and two bottles of sauce set up on a folding table outside of his van.

Nobody was in line because it looked sketchy as fuck, but I took the plunge and got two sandwiches. Seriously one of the greatest things I have ever ate.
>>
File: Ms.B.jpg (64KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Ms.B.jpg
64KB, 500x375px
I know it says Magic Wok on the side, but everyone knows it as Ms. Betty's. She's a real sweetheart and runs the place by herself, the menu is tiny, but everything on it is delicious and at a great value.

Closed down atm. There's a bunch of drama over it all (she also just happens to be a mini slum lord in the city). I just want my cashew chicken back damn it.
>>
File: front.png (234KB, 373x281px) Image search: [Google]
front.png
234KB, 373x281px
>*puts holes in walls
>>
>>7253186

Whichever place I can get full from and not break the bank. Obviously, that typically entails hole in the wall places.

This is probably my corn-fed Kansas upbringing talking; but I can make a better meal, for a third of the price, than most "upscale" restaurants I've been to.

The best restaurants, with real talent, are the joints on the nigger side of town.
>>
>>7254620
Reminds me of this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inb4Y-kRapQ
>>
>>7253186
That's funny. An almost identical dive is located on Jefferson ave just over a bridge going from Wyandotte to Ecorse right outside of Detroit.
>>
File: good boy points.jpg (144KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
good boy points.jpg
144KB, 1080x720px
Yes, I like glory-holes
>>
>>7253186
I certainly do. there's this little nothing of a mexican place in my hometown that I can't even recall the name of because for years me and my brother have been calling it "Mimi's Taquito Hole" (no idea why that started but it stuck) and it's fucking great.
>>
I don't know about dirty, but a lot of tiny restaurants have pretty good food
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.