[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright everyone. My mother has quite the health problem right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Oh-lordy.jpg (237KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
Oh-lordy.jpg
237KB, 425x282px
Alright everyone. My mother has quite the health problem right now and its seriously limiting what she can eat. She hasn't had much to each today. I need recipes with pretty crazy needs.

so here we go: It needs to be low cholesterol, low salt, not fried, low carbs, and high in iron. At least she doesn't have any allergies. Think you can do it?
>>
Steamed broccoli and kale.
>>
>>7250027
Anything else?
one can not live off broccoli and kale alone
>>
>>7250010

Just look up low carb diet recipes, most of them should be applicable.

For the moment how about a spinach salad, cauliflower puree and a steak?
>>
the "low carb" designation is the hardest to work around. think of pasta dishes that she likes, and then sub spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles.

don't fry food/buy fried food. don't add as much salt when you do cook, and check the sodium levels of prepared foods/sauces/etc that you buy, that shit usually has a ton of sodium.

low cholesterol, i have no idea, google it.

red meats have lots of iron.

does she think of a meal in terms of "meat + 2 sides" or can she just have soup or just have a bowl of something mixed together?
>>
>>7250010
Beetroot dip. Other things heavy on beetroot.

Wait, how low carb? Roots are high in sugar and/or starch for vegetables.
>>
>>7250010
diabetic with a liver problem?
>>
>>7250010

http://share.kaiserpermanente.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/The-Plant-Based-Diet-booklet.pdf
>>
>: It needs to be low cholesterol, low salt, not fried, low carbs, and high in iron.

You can roast brussel sprouts.
Also, use thyme for a seasoning. It contains a surprising amount of iron and can help replace salt.
>>
>>7250010
Dip shit it she has serious health problems food ain't gonna make jack shit difference. Just stick a bottle of glucerna upp her butthole. It's like ensure with a low glycemic index
>>
>>7250010
Low on carbs is fine, no carbs would be problematic xD

Spinach is your moms best friend, the stuff contains so much iron and no cholesterol. You can make stews with it, grill it or fry it...

I am sure your mom can eat panfried or grilled food if it is without the use of oil... it's gonna be a bit messy and less fun, but it is better than nothing.

For some reason my head is empty for recipes atm. x_x
>>
>>7253462
well i managed to google a simple recipe, in case your mom is really hungry atm. she can easily make this:

Egg White Omelets

Egg whites are low in calories and high in protein. They also do not contain carbohydrates. Scramble four egg whites with baby spinach, mushrooms and 1 oz. of Swiss cheese for about 200 calories and just 3.5 g of carbohydrates. Add a ½ cup of raspberries to add just 30 calories and 7 g of carbohydrates. Other low-carb additions to egg whites are salsa with a slice of avocado, smoked salmon and cream cheese or diced tomatoes and feta cheese.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/246493-low-calorie-low-carb-meal-ideas/
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.