[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where do you guys get your cheesesteaks from?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

File: file.png (598KB, 801x345px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
598KB, 801x345px
where do you guys get your cheesesteaks from?
>>
well in college I used to get them from the cafeteria they had but now I don't know where I would get one.
>>
Shorty's is the only one in NYC that I've been to. It was pretty good, and they at least have a few locations.
>>
Philly Cheesesteak Pizza from Dominos. That or Gino's in Philadelphia.
>>
>>7229642
Is it actually good from Domino's? I've gotten their cheese bread thing and it was pretty good, but their wings were inedible. So I'm pretty skeptical of their ability to put together a cheesesteak.
>>
>>7229660
not him, but their subs are surprisingly good. much better than their shitty pizzas.

their cheesesteaks and chicken/bacon/ranch subs are my favorite.
>>
>>7229660
No. It tastes exactly like you hoped it wouldn't imo.
>>
My cleaning lady's son works at Pat's. She occasionally brings me one. Usually, though, I just make it myself.
>go to Asian market
>buy shaved beef meant for hotpot
>use it for cheesesteak instead
>delicious, delicious cheesesteak
>>
>>7229642
Pat's > Gino's

come fight me in real life bro
>>
>>7229672
That's what I felt when I tried their wings.
>>
Grew up in suburban ohio, we at some point got a penn station while I was away at college in minnesota.
Penn Station rules. I feel like it's the five guys of cheese steaks though.
>>
Phillip's, best in the city imo
>>
MR. "MUTHAFUCKIN" HERO
best cheese steak EVER
>>
File: philly steak and cheese.jpg (84KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
philly steak and cheese.jpg
84KB, 500x375px
Portillo's.
>>
>>7229680

Typical Philly attitude. Fuck Philly.
>>
>>7229603
I live in Ohio
So I don't
>>
>>7229603
I never had a cheesesteak that tasted anything but mediocre. Pass.
>>
A place called Ted's.

that or I order them from the local pizza joint that also makes sandwiches, indian and mexican food
>>
Luckily I live in Philly. Our Cheesesteaks should be illegal they're so good
>>
I've been to all the popular places in Philly but I still think Subway's Philly cheesesteak is way better.
>>
>>7233346
This is the worst bait I have ever seen. Good job by the way.
>>
File: depressed400.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
depressed400.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
Subway...
>>
>>7233291
>Luckily I live in Philly. Our Cheesesteaks should be illegal they're so good
yeah, using cheeze wiz instead of provolone is so cool
>>
File: 15134677554.jpg (35KB, 477x270px) Image search: [Google]
15134677554.jpg
35KB, 477x270px
>>7233371

>the only place I can get them from

Me too anon, me too...
>>
>>7233413
What? There are most certainly places without wiz. Fuck wiz. Provolone is where its at.
>>
>Not using swiss on your cheesesteak
>>
>>7229675
What kind of cheese do you use? Shredded? Sliced? Block? Cheese sauce in a can?
>>
>>7233429
>There are most certainly places without wiz.
Sure, but a much higher portion of places selling cheesesteak in Philly use wiz than places in other northern cities
>>
>>7232469
Is that Ted's of Beverly Hills?
They put the meat in your mouth.
>>
The problem with the shitty philly places are that they expect people to use their stupid lingo. I don't care about your stupid lingo and I'm not going to stand in line for your shit to take bullshit from some philly faggots.
>>
A place called "The Real Deal" in Spartanburg, SC. Some great people there and the cheesesteaks are pretty good. I guess the owner grew up in a cheesesteak place in Philly and moved here and opened his place. Definitely the best place I can find around this area so far.
>>
>>7229660
the bread is way too sweet

theres way too much salt on everything

and in terms of actual flavor, theres not much.

dominos is shit man
>>
>>7234627
I tried their subs 3 times and every time it just seemed really dry and had no real flavor of any kind but they were all from the same Dominos so maybe that's why? The pizza from that one is no good either and the cheesy bread is always like just a baby hand of cheese and over cooked and they never slice it so it's just a giant loaf of some almost black dough with burned cheese on it and a crap load of corn meal. Back when I worked there around 1998 they had breadsticks that came precooked and you would brush "zesty sauce" all over them and pile on the cheese mixture and bake half way through the oven and they were so much better.
>>
>>7234640
i dont know what to say, if you pay for cheap food you get cheap food. dominos is about as cheap as it gets.
>>
There's nowhere to really to get any from here, so I just make my own like a non useless person.
>>
Home because no restaurant does it justice in the MD area
>>
>>7233487
I can name only five or six places that routinely use Wiz, so much so that it's their standard. And those are only the touristy ones or the ones in touristy areas. Nearly every. Single. Other. Place. Uses American or provolone.
The only exceptions I can think of might be places in majority black areas but I can't speak with certainty because I'm not sure what they do. I only got a cheesesteak in a majority black place once and the guy asked "Wiz okay?" so I assume that was what was standard for his regular customers. It was a place in Nicetown around the corner from an Ahmadiya mosque.

Within four blocks of my house in any direction, there are ten to twelve different places selling cheesesteaks and not one uses Wiz. Expanding that to six blocks adds another dozen or so places. Only one, Phil's, offers Wiz and even there, it's not standard. Maybe two places, actually. I think Little Sicily has Wiz, but doesn't consider it standard.

>>7233483
Slices are typical, but ain't hoity toity about it and have done shreds, too.
If working a grill/griddle, make a pile of meat, put the slices on it, put the bread on it, put your non-dominant hand on the bread, slide the spatula under the meat pile and flip the whole thing over, bread and all, into that hand. That's it. If using a pan, just flip the pan over with a plate under it to catch any falling bits.
If I find shreds on sale, I'll buy them and use that. I just mix it all into the meat. I prefer American, but provolone is good, too. I make "smokehouse chili cheesesteak," too. Top the meat pile with hotdog chili and that with smoked cheddar.

Never made one with Wiz because I just don't like the stuff. I'm not against it if that's what you like. Just not my thing. I don't know anyone who prefers Wiz.

>>7231683
>i moved to philadelphia last tuesday!!! look how much i blend in with the locals!!!
No one who's from here calls it 'Phillips.'
>>
File: 20160105_193129_Richtone(HDR).jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20160105_193129_Richtone(HDR).jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
There is no decent place that makes good cheesesteaks so i make them myself
>>
Corner store or a papi store, if you're actually Philadelphian. Cheesesteak hoagies? Fucking godly.
>>
File: Babby close.jpg (20KB, 400x457px) Image search: [Google]
Babby close.jpg
20KB, 400x457px
>An "authentic" cheesesteak has fucking Cheese-Wiz

>have to get my cheesesteak from the local pizza place that will actually bother to use provolone

Thank You Garret Hill, you made college tolerable.
>>
>>7236668
No one from here says "papi store" except blacks and transplants. Which are you?
>>
How do I make cheesesteaks with the really thin beef?

I tried making them a few years ago and I remember I couldn't get the slice thickness I wanted. Ideally I'd want it really thin like a Steak-umm.
>>
File: image.png (520KB, 1004x655px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
520KB, 1004x655px
Charley's for sure
>>
>>7235608
>No one who's from here calls it 'Phillips.'
I think Phillips' is the name of the place he gets cheesesteaks from, I might be wrong though
>>
>>7229603
>tfw the guys on the flattop at your local sub shop are scumlords and put the cheese on the meat on the flat top and then put the bread on top of that and then slide the spatula under it all and flip it, resulting in a shitty looking sandwich like the picture OP posted where the cheese is all stuck to the bread and isn't melting into the meat very much
>>
File: enditplease.jpg (49KB, 503x503px) Image search: [Google]
enditplease.jpg
49KB, 503x503px
>>7232062
>>
>>7236845
When you close the bread around the meat and cheese it really doesn't matter. It should already be melted into the meat after being on the flat top anyway.
>>
Phillies in norwich ct
With cheez wiz
>>
File: 1450242282483.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1450242282483.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
>>7229680
ur telling me you dont like large poorly chopped steak and gristle
>>
File: 1451373686531.jpg (377KB, 1951x1188px) Image search: [Google]
1451373686531.jpg
377KB, 1951x1188px
>>7232062
us sliced beef sammies:

cheesesteak > french dip > italian beef
>>
Skinny petes
>>
>>7236743
I think philly's best makes a better cheesesteak out west
>>
Fuckin fuck, they discontinued it but years ago Quiznos had such a good Philly cheese steak with a white cheddar sauce I have no idea what it was called
>>
Never ate one. Last time I heard of a philly cheese steak was in prince of bel-air when Uncle Phil bought Will some to improve his home sickness but he denied it because you couldn't see grease soaking trough the paperbag like an original one would do.
>>
Firehouse is expensive as fuck, but good, and they donate a ton of shit to firemen, so that's cool.
>>
>>7239318
Firemen glorified gardeners with a bigger hose. Cops are the real heroes.
>>
Can you fags please post more photos of cheese steak with the melted cheese whizz ?we don't have that here
>>
>Low quality meats and cheeses on soggy bread

Holy fuck, Philadelphia is scum.
>>
>>7234071

Teds's Capital Hill Denver but that place sounds great
>>
>>7239337
Cops are assholes though. Firemen don't shoot people because they think it's fun.
>>
>>7239657
Are you 12? Have you never heard of a cheesesteak? Or are you just a filthy foreigner?
>>
>>7239820
#BLACKLIVESMATTER AMIRITE GUIZE????
>>
>>7239820
You sound like a hippy who got served Justice by the long hard dick of the law. Go stand with your calender posing hose fags, criminal scum
>>
>>7236845
fucking this
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.