[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gsg/ - Grocery Store General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 8

File: pig.jpg (73KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
pig.jpg
73KB, 500x381px
Discuss grocery stores and grocery related topics here.

What grocery store do you shop at?

Is there an objective best?

I live in Bumfuck, WI and have Piggly Wiggly, Kroger, and IGA to choose from and am always drawn to Piggly Wiggly. I'm interested in what /ck/ thinks about various supermarkets.
>>
>>7225785
>Eau Claire
Festival, Mega, Gordy's, and recently Woodman's.

Festival is middle-aged mom central
Nobody fucking goes to Mega
Gordy's has good deals, but the most annoying spokesman in the goddamn universe.
Woodman's has every food you could ever dream of, but it takes forever to find anything. Amazing liquor department though.
>>
i usually shop at winn dixie because it's close, but a few weeks ago i decided to make the trip to publix and remembered why it's so fucking superior. their deli and bakery items are much better than any other grocery stores i've tried.

we have piggly wiggly in surrounding areas, but none here in town. their prices and hot deli are great as well.

tallahassee, fl here.
>>
>>7225785
Is Bumfuck near Green Bay?
>>
>General
>>
>>7225785

Never heard of the grocery stores that you fuckers are talking about.

I shop at Sprouts and Smiths. I get all my meat and granola from Sprouts and my veggies from Smiths.

Sprouts is like Whole Foods but for the middle class.
>>
I live in a suburb outside of Little Rock, Arkansas. I've got Harps, Kroger, Edwards Food Giant, Save-A-Lot, Walmart, and a few overpriced, locally-owned stores.

I get their fliers online and plan my shopping list. I don't have any loyalty and they're all about the same distance away with the exception of Save-A-Lot which is a 7 mile trip according to Google Maps.

Walmart almost always has the cheapest staple foods like dried rice and beans, flour, sugar, peanut butter, etc.

Save-A-Lot has the cheapest canned goods, but almost never show the sales in their fliers. If you want 5 cans of green beans for a dollar, then that's your place.

Edwards has a 5/$25 meat special year-round. It can be a deal if you play it right. If you bought five 1 lb. packages of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, then that'd be $5/lb. which is a few dollars cheaper a pound than the supermarkets. Do that with ground beef, and you've fucked yourself more than likely.

Harps is the only place I can find pork shoulders and baby back ribs that aren't prepared with a solution. I prefer to do my own injections.

Kroger has the widest selection of cheese since it contains a Murray's Cheese Bar. They also sell farm-raised catfish, and if you don't mind removing the head and skin yourself, then you can get it for $3/lb. and have huge fish fries in the summer.

Everybody but Save-A-Lot carries Boar's Head to my knowledge. I smoke my own turkeys and ham.

I think I've probably covered the major points. Here's some links:

http://www.harpsfood.com/
http://www.edwardsfoodgiant.com/
http://save-a-lot.com/
>>
Upstate NY here around the Greater Capital District.

We have the choice between:

Price Chopper, which is okay for picking up shit on the fly. Apparently in Albany there's a ghetto one.

Hannaford is a good one. Kind of an upscale Food Lion though.

Never went into Shoprite. With the traffic that went in and out of it, it had reminded me of the customers that goes to Shoppers in Baltimore.
>>
>>7225785
King Soopers (Kroger) and Sprouts. Safeway is a block away but it's utter shit. Walmart for toiletries.
>>
Meijer

Detroit, MI
>>
Pocatello, Idaho here and WinCo is where it is fucking at. That place is so cheap and always open 24/7. Plus, their bulk food is bomb.

Also, fuck credit.
>>
Publix, Publix over all. Tampa FL.
>>
File: bulk barn.jpg (377KB, 1280x890px) Image search: [Google]
bulk barn.jpg
377KB, 1280x890px
Bulk Barn, Food Basics, and Costco

Stopped going to Superstore and Zehrs (both owned by Loblaw) because they became really expensive for no fucking reason

Ontario
>>
Dallas area - we got a couple WinCo, Tom Thumb (upscale Safeways), Aldi, Kroger, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods Costco and Walmarts, along with various Hispanic and Asian markets.
>>
>>7225785
IGA is a struggling brand that will die in a year or two.
Source: I worked at Metcash head office in Melbourne for 9 years.
>>
>>7226443
Bob Loblaw?
>>
am i weird, or are those reusable bags fucking annoying to bag?
>>
>>7226657
Why not bring "disposable" plastic bags with you?

They can be used many times before they start to fall apart.
>>
What are all these stores? The only ones mentioned that I've heard before are Walmart, Safeway, TJ's, and Costco, and I've never seen someone buy food (besides frozen pizza) from walmart.

I personally go to Safeway, sometimes Lucky (formerly Albertsons).
>>
>>7226064
You live in Utah or something?
>>
>>7226842
American grocery stores are very regional. They don't expand beyond a few states. There is a gentlemen's agreement between grocery chains to not invade each other's territory and maintain cosy oligopoly to ease price fixing.
>>
>>7225785
Chicago
Cermak produce desu senpai
>>
I live in an area in Maryland with a huge Korean population, so Lotte and Hmart just happen to be close to my home.
Other than that I still go to Giant foods and some locally-owned places.

We have more premium stores like Wegman's and Whole Foods, but I find that those places just sell overpriced gimmicks
I love/hate these threads since I've never heard of most of these stores
>>
SoCal, coastal OC. Trader Joe's Sprouts, Ralph's, Vons (Safeway), Costco. Sam's Club might still be around.

Interesting to see a place called "Piggly Wiggly," would've thought that name was a joke.
>>
I live on the west side of Cleveland and the situation is fucking bizzare. The grocery stores are all either good, but overpriced (Giant Eagle, Marc's) or cheap garbage (Save-a-lot, Good Cents.)
>>
>>7226064
>>7226406
oh my god i just moved out of fort worth to the suburbs of houston and i miss sprouts so much

fort worth was the best: fiesta, kroger, sprouts, central market, tom thumb (aka randalls/safeway). each one had a role, an appropriate time to go. it was amazing.

now i have a randalls, HEB, and kroger. they're all basically the same. really disappointing. there's a costco opening nearby this year though, and a sams like 30 minutes away.

definitely miss sprouts most of all, followed by having a central market within a 15 minute drive. man that shit was great.
>>
>>7225818

Woodman's is goto for bulk items like toilet paper and aluminum foil, etc.

If you don't reap credit card rewards at the gas pump they have the cheapest gas in town.

Liquor store is endless variety with low low prices.

Never buy anything fresh from Woodman's.
>>
I live in Southeast Wisconsin and just off the top of my head I know we have
Pick 'n Save and Metro Market (both own by Roundy's who is just got recently bought by Kroger)
Woodman
Sentry
Piggly Wiggly
Aldi
Sendicks
locally own stores, asian and non asian
Ghetto grocery stores such as Save-a-lot and Lena's
Meijer, just moved into town in fall of 2015
Trader Joe's
Whole Food's
Costco
and Sam's
>>
Another Wisconsinite here
and I like Woodman
They always have something I need on sale
>>
Wisconsin native here, recently moved to Minneapolis permanently.

I miss Woodman's. And I guess the grocery stores in Wisconsin in general.
All we have here is shitty Cub foods, and walmart/target shit. There also are a lot less grocery stores around here than there are in wisconsin for some reason.

I do not miss Metro Market tho. Or Pick N Save. Those stores are dog shit.
>>
>>7227037
Cause in Wisconsin there's no taxes on most food
>>
>>7227040
It's the same situation in MN w/ food taxes tho. Although food here is in general more expensive.
>>
>>7227043
Really? I thought Minnesota had taxes on food.

But I guess it could also stem from the fact that Wisconsin is a farm heavy state
>>
>>7227045
well MN is pretty similar to wisconsin when it comes to farming. in fact half of the state here is considered a plains state, so theres tons of corn and wheat and stuff.

historically minneapolis is known as "mill city" because all of the grains from the surrounding areas was brought here to be processed and shipped down the mississippi river for distribution. (pilsbury, gold medal flour, malt-o-meal, general mills are all in the twin cities metro)

the point is both of our states pull from similar markets for their food goods.
i think its a function of the twin cities just having a higher cost of living, so groceries tend to be more expensive, because they can be, higher realestate costs, and b/c of shoplifting or whatever. i dont know.
>>
I mostly go to Stop and Shop because I don't have a car and it's the only grocery store in walking distance, but I go past a Star Market on the bus so sometimes I go in there. They're both pretty bad, when I can get a ride I always like going to either Trader Joe's or Market Basket. Market Basket's huge and really cheap, but it's also a lot more difficult to get to. I'm in MA, but when I lived in CT it was still mostly the same stores.
>>
i work and shop mostly at a small family owned grocery store where i live
its kind of shitty
>>
ausfag here

most of our mainstream supermarkets put permeate in their milk.

i go elsewhere
>>
610 area.
We have acme, pathmark, and a few shop rites and giants
>>
>>7226431
Publix, Winn-Dixie, Piggly Wiggly, and Wal-Mart. I shop at Wal-Mart for everything but meat which I buy whenever it's on sale at Piggly-Wiggly.

Every few months I go to Publix because they are the only grocer that carries this.
>>
What IS Food Lion like?
>>
Market Basket is my favorite, everything is always dirt cheap. No special deals, no membership. You never have to buy 2 to get the 2 for $6 deal, one is still $3.00.

Other than that I shop the sales at other supermarkets
>>
IN
>Meijer
I go here most of the time. It's a Wal-Mart without all the fatties or darkies running around.
>Wal-Mart
lolno
>Kroger
Kroger is good when they have milk on sale, because it usually includes chocolate. Other than that, the only time I go there is when I need a few things because it's closer.
>Marsh
Marsh is like IGA; it's dying off slowly. The only exception is the one that I work at doing grocery delivery.
>Whole Foods
Good for finding plenty of MILFs.
>Aldi's
Meh.
>Sam's Club
bulk lolno
>Costco
I'm supposed to be getting a membership here soon, so I'm excited to see what all will be good to get from here.
>>
Do any of you guys actually go to Trader Joe's? I went there once and was dumbfounded how anyone could actually stock their kitchen for a week with their selection. It's paltry and overpriced hipster bullshit.

>>7227662
The Food Lion that was around me when I lived in MD was pretty generic, a lot like a Mars or Giant. It was in a ghetto area but didn't feel altogether shady inside. We'd run over there for bread, milk, eggs, the essentials because it was close by but never to do a full shopping trip. About as bland of a store as you can find. Like the Rite-Aid of grocery stores.
>>
>>7227126
>pathmark

lol pathmark is out of business, along with everything else owned by A&P.
>>
>>7227759
>overpriced
lolwut
>hipster bullshit
lolwut
>was dumbfounded how anyone could actually stock their kitchen for a week with their selection
Considering almost everything they sell is pre-packaged shit, you could stock your kitchen for a year with their selection.

TJs caters to college students who have a microwave at best, it's perfect for those people. In recent years to draw in more customers, they've started offering frozen individually wrapped steaks, actual raw eggs, milk, pre-washed vegetables, and shit like that, but it's terrible quality and you'd have to be a fool to buy any of it.
>>
Piggly Wiggly is definitely the best Milwauke chain
Fuck Pick and Save, its terrible. Sendiks is nice, but pretty expensive (and carpeted, why?)
>>
>>7227796
>actual raw eggs
What?
Is there any grocery store ever that doesn't stock raw eggs?
>>
>>7227807
TJs didn't for a long time

I don't think Aldi has raw eggs either
>>
>>7227802
oh yeah, forgot Woodmans, its by far the best and has the GOAT liquor department (its craft beer area alone is larger than a lot of entire liquor stores), but not enough locations to be convenient in Milwaukee yet (though in Madison you would be dumb to go anywhere else)
>>
>>7227810
how does a store get by without such a basic staple as raw eggs?
>>
>>7227816
By having dirtbags as customers
>>
I live in Cincinnati.
>Aldi
Amazing. Great quality for the price, good basics and premium specials. Also they have the best eggs because they're cheap and come in cardboard cartons.
>Meijer
More and better produce, clearance bakery products
>Kroger
Just okay, tons of stuff with occasional specialty ingredients like fresh corn tortillas, no gums or preservatives.
>Jungle Jim's
Dazzling variety but we don't get there very often and I don't shop there for staples. Really easy to get overwhelmed.
>Costco
We only just got a membership last month, but we don't have enough people in our household to use the volume and I prefer not to buy prepared foods.
>Marsh
Had a $0.25/lb cabbage promotion last week but there's like one store in the area and it's so small and out of the way it isn't worth going.
>>
Germany

I mostly shop at Penny nowadays because the Lidl closest to me closed down. Penny is great though so I don't really mind.
>>
>>7227953
Nigga penny is as bad as netto
kaufland or real ftw
>>
>>7228026

Penny is great. Cheap, loads of cool snacks, their frozen vegetables are fantastic and the meats are pretty good, too. Only problem is that sometimes their "fresh" vegetables are far from fresh.
>>
>>7228073
Then it mustbe the penny here that is shit
The one thing there i buy is the schokobrötchen, nowhere else has them that cheap and good
but for main shop its either real or kaufland
>>
>Queens, New York

NYC supermarkets often blow. Food Bazaar is nice though. Associated's quality is all over the place, and I've never encountered a good Met. Trader Joe's is good because I'm often too busy to make a real meal, and they're cheap. Is Fairway actually as good as people say it is?

>>7227810
Aldi owns Trader Joe's, so perhaps it's not a coincidence.
>>
>>7228186
Fairway is good for the most part. Their coffee sucks and the cheese selection is surprisingly shit-tier for a "nice" grocery store, but otherwise I give them a 7/10. 3 points deducted because like half their merchandise is aimed at batshit crazy kosher types, you have to carefully inspect their produce and dried fruit, because a lot of it comes from Israel, and it sucks having to make a side trip to Whole Foods just because you had to skip one key item grown by genocidal religious maniacs.

But aside from that inconvenience the quality and selection are really solid.
>>
Pac n save, lunardis, safeway, ranch 99

Ranch 99 god tier, everything else meh
>>
Question. Does this general have the same level of epic memery found in the /gsg/ over in /vg/?
>>
>>7227759
I do. It's nice for quick vegetarian/vegan meals.
>>
Wholefoods does some amazing and uncommon products. But it's one of those brands that doesn't take pride in exclusively selling high quality stuff. So you have to take care in choosing what you purchase so you don't get scammed into paying top dollar for garbage. Thinking it must be good.
>>
I live in Western Mass. We have Stop & Shop, Aldi's, Big Y, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Price Rite, Sav-a-Lot Target and Walmart. I usually shop at Big Y and Trader Joe's. They seem to be cleaner and the employees are nice.
>>
>>7225785
I shop at motherfucking Publix because of how amazing it is.
>>
I shop at Walmart because I work there. The prices for everything are better but the meat and produce aren't great. Couple that with an employee discount and I really don't have much of a choice.
>>
>>7225785
HEB.

Because Texas and there's really nothing else as convenient to where I live.
>>
>>7228441

>work at place that only hires downies, autists, and old people
>get employ discount
>only make enough to afford shopping at the place i work because they give me employ discount

This can't be real life.
>>
>>7226399
Schoharie here. I used to live on park street near that ghetto price chopper.

cops werealways there but it wasn't too bad. most of the clientèle were either dindus or hipster college kids.

shoprite is my goto now.
>>
File: 2000px-Food4Less_logo.svg.png (49KB, 2000x473px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Food4Less_logo.svg.png
49KB, 2000x473px
>What grocery store do you shop at?

I shop at several. The ones within walking distance are Food4Less (Kroger) and Vons (Safeway).

>Food4Less

The prices are okay. I mostly buy almond milk, whole grain food, and cheap produce from there. The bakery is decent too.

Thing is if the aisles aren't packed with irate shoppers (normal waking hours), then they're packed with irate stocking crew (early morning).

>Vons

Only worth going for the deals and you have a Vons card (or a phone number for a Vons card). Great bakery too.

Everything else is usually overpriced; especially the produce ($1 for one fucking onion).

The following are not within walking distance, so I don't go there often.

>Wal-Mart

Better prices than Vons most of the time. Better to go there in the morning before 9 AM when all the morons finally wake up.

>Vallarta

One of many chains of Mexican grocery stores here in Southern California. Worth going there for the meat (and meat counter), cheap produce, and awesome bakery (and pan dulce).

Most other products here are overpriced.
>>
>>7229564
>This can't be real life.

If you were using food stamps to buy food at Walmart as a Walmart employee because they pay you a shitty hourly wage and only give you 25-30 hours a week, that would be more realistic.
>>
>>7229564
Have you been living under a rock your entire life? That's 70% of america
>>
>>7229593

>downies, autists, and old people

America =/= 4chan
>>
File: 1444264795893.gif (2MB, 334x357px) Image search: [Google]
1444264795893.gif
2MB, 334x357px
Meijer=GOAT
>>
File: beefflankvschuck.jpg (178KB, 1265x459px) Image search: [Google]
beefflankvschuck.jpg
178KB, 1265x459px
Here's a tip about mexican grocery store meat counters: if you want carne asada, don't just tell them you want "carne asada." Specify that you want flank (in the pic, on the left) or skirt, and not chuck (on the right).

Otherwise, they'll just give you the marinated chuck (dat gristle) for the price of the marinated flank. If you live near the border, skirt carne asada might be sold as "aracherra."
>>
I divide my time between MD and IL

MD:
Safeway
Shoprite
Shoppers
Walmart
Aldi
Trader Joes
Wegmans
Whole Foods
Giant
Laurer's

IL:
Walmart
Mariano's <my usual go to, because free samples and variety
The Market Place
Jewel-Osco
Whole Foods
Trader Joes
>>
>>7229938

Why no Garden Fresh?
>>
I only go to a 24 hour price chopper because I can go at 3 in the morning when no one is there
>>
>>7227059
fucking Stop and Shop is everywhere in CT
>>
Price Chopper in NYS, it's a crapload better than what I've seen in NYC. The main problem with NYC is space and cost of business, it's murder there, plus taxes and dealing with gangsters and shit. Once out of the city you can get some decent places, they make decent rotissarie chickens too, but not as good as from some stores that I've seen down south like in Virginia, Georgia, or Florida.
>>
It seems that owning a grocery store or chain of them in NYC would be a good way to launder money, then just burn the place down when done with it and collect insurance.
>>
>>7227011
WI here too. I drive 15 miles to go to woodmans weekly. Much cheaper than other grocery stores and it is employee owned.

Costco is my other go to grocery store. Now if I only had a trader Joes nearby I would be set
>>
DFW Metroplex reporting in, I have a variety of different stores I'll go to, depending on the week's needs.

I always hit up Walmart for anything processed, and for beef.

Whole Foods for Cliff Bars, beer, yerba mate, coffee beans, ect. basically luxury items.

Trader joes for dairy, excluding yogurt.
>>
File: beavis-and-butthead.jpg (72KB, 600x426px) Image search: [Google]
beavis-and-butthead.jpg
72KB, 600x426px
>>7230030
Woodman's
>>
>>7225818
>>7226970
>>7227011
>>7226988
>>7227814
>>7227802
>>7230030
>all these Wisconsinfriends

I fucking love Woodman's.

>live in Eau Claire
>gas prices in EC and surrounding area are the fucking highest in the state
>mostly because Kwik Trip/Mega Holiday has EC by the balls when it comes to gas
>Woodman's opens up last fall
>has gas station
>Manager of Woodman's one day decides "fuck you, my gas price is 1.99. Eat a dick assholes"
>Kwik Trip and Mega Holiday drop too
>gas prices no longer fucking ridiculous
>>
No Western New Yorkers here?

Wegmans is amazing
>>
Giant Eagle.
>>
>>7225785
I attempt to buy from little ma and pa shops, not run by foreigners, and try to source locally and in season.
Same with meat, and try and get the less popular cuts to experiment.
Organic is a must - unless it costs over 33% more than a standard version

I attempt this for as long as i live, simply because Globalism can suck my nuts
>>
>>7225822
God I miss the fuelperks from Winn Dixie, could get 20 gallons of gas for 4 bucks total. Anyone know if there is an equivalent to fuel perks in the midwest?
>>
>>7231690
Mega foods in Eau Claire/Barron WI has a similar program in cooperation with the Holiday gas stations, and I know Gordy's County Market has something like it too.
>>
>tfw live in small country
>tfw two massive companies dominate the grocery sector and have 4 brands each so it appears to be more diverse
>tfw high prices and limited selection

thank you anti-trust board
>>
Harris Teeter
Aldi
Walmart
Food Lion
Trader Joe's
Whole Foods
Publix
Target
>>
>>7231674
>Globalism can suck my nuts
>not run by foreigners
There's a fine line between being opposed to globalisation and being a pig-ignorant racist, anon.
>>
>>7232005
You tell him, reddit!
>>
>>7232011
I don't care if he's racist or not, I just object to him trying to hide it behind the antiglobalisation meme.
>>
Pittsburgh.

We basically just have Giant Eagle.
Aldi as well but they kinda suck and Trader Joe's isn't really good for anything other than snacks.
>>
>>7225822
>>7226431
>>7227280
>>7228421
>tfw i work at publix

I never understood why their prices were higher until I saw how much they really make. 90% of the breads are made from scratch and most of the icings for the cakes. (I'm a decorator.) And they pay me really well and have really good benefits. Way different than when I worked at Wal-Mart.

Based publix.
>>
>>7232005
>if ur racis u must b ignant
wew lad
>>
HY VEE 24 hour grocery store. their deli is grossly overpriced though.
>>
>>7233320
Yeah? I mean disliking millions of people for no reason that you haven't met seems silly.
>>
>>7226950
you're forgetting heinen's and trader joes, the former is bougie as hell but the latter has some pretty good prices
>>
>>7229564
I only work 20 hours a week because I'm a student. If I worked full time, I would totally shop elsewhere. I could shop at Safeway but I like to save as much money as I can for other shit like rent. You sound like an asshole.
>>
>>7226406
I'm a kings dairy worker, at a location with a safeway on the other end of the intersection. You aren't by chance near Kipling and Bellevue, are ya?
>>
>>7233431
Nope. North Denver
>>
>>7226414On dix?
>>
Who /staterbros/ here?

Kinda shit desu. Thinking about buying a Costco membership. It's closer.
>>
>>7233320
By definition, yes
>>
another wisconsinfriend here

I mostly go to woodman's since it's literally across the street from me

little sister works at a pick n' save or whatever it is these days. it's changed hands a lot and has been an IGA and some other shit

rest in peace Darrow's
>>
>>7226399
>Shoppers Supermarket in Baltimore. That's an obscure reference. With that being said, I live in West Baltimore and I know what you mean.
>>
>>7226443
>Bulk Barn, Food Basics, and Costco

My negro
>>
File: 1342969103796.jpg (607KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1342969103796.jpg
607KB, 1920x1200px
>>7225785

Northern California Here
We have a few stories in my little town and if I really want to shop I could always drive to the nearest large city.

>Safeway - Good for some things, especially in terms of their bakery and deli selection. Somewhat midline in terms of price.
>Rayleys - Best place in town for meat and seafood though rather overpriced, the raw food is worth it though.
>Walmart - Cheap low quality foods, usually really good if you don't have much money, sometimes good for some deals.
>Grocery Outlet - Discount overstock items. Selection is usually small but cheap, good deals all around, great for canned foods, and freezer type stuff.
>FoodMaxx- Large grocery store, great for fresh (ish) produce and deals. This is my primary food shopping store.
>Local Co-op - Very expensive and full of hippies, I buy my herbs and spices here though, as well as my tea and coffee.
>Lucky - Small friendly grocery store, pretty middle of the road in terms of price and selection.

Those are the seven grocery stores where I live. There's a city of over 100,000 people a few miles away with a Costco, Trader Joes and all the other stores you would expect in California. I usually shop at FoodMaxx and Lucky for my principal foodstuffs, I buy my meat from Rayleys, and sometimes I'll get some stuff from Walmart or the Co-Op, but I don't usually shop too far abroad, I can make do with the grocery stores we have.
>>
I shop at various shops regularly, each one for different things.
As an example, for some odd reason, I can't find pork Maruchan anywhere but Thriftway, which is odd because it's across the street from two mosques.

Shoprite's great for the discounted produce section and occasional sale items.

Acme has occasional knockyoursocksoff sales and are the only chain supermarket to sell beer around me since I live in a dry state.

Aldi for discounted imported foods that trash of various hues won't buy because umlauts are scary.

Asian grocers for fish, hard-to-find produce, pork mince and cooking sauces.

Whole Foods to observe dumb white women in their natural habitat.

Save a Lot for odds and ends, especially Mexican pasta, which is 25¢ per 7oz package (so about 57¢/lb).

Supremo and other Hispanic grocers for Mexican, PR and Dominican foods such as cultured sweet cream (thick like sour cream, only not sour), PR sweet peppers (like habaneros, but not pungent) and Dominican-style bacon.

Pakistani/Indian/Bengali/Nepali grocery stores for various hard-to-find flours and spices. Arab/Turkish stores for other spices as well as French imports, various Turkish junk foods and sucuk.

Various produce stands for various produce.

Deal$ and Dollar Tree for odds and ends.

Various slaughterhouses for whole kids, lambs, hogs, chickens, rabbits and pigeons. Surprisingly cheap.
>>
>>7225818
UPDATE
http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/Gordys-Mega-reach-agreement-involving-grocery-stores-gas-stations-364274391.html
>Gordy's buying out all the Mega grocery stores
>Mega buying out all Gordy's gas stations

And then there were three, I guess.
>>
>>7226904
I also live next to a Whole foods, lotte, giant, wegman and an hmart down the street.

MoCo represent.
>>
>>7225785
Ozaukee County here, the Pig is the shit.
>>
>>7226988
Are you in or near Grafton? Because a Meijer just moved in here recently.
>>
>>7236655
Nope, Milwaukee
the meijer that open up near us is in Wauwatosa
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.