[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Katsucon Photographers 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 60

File: 981849283d.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
981849283d.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Which photographers are attending? Who's booking? Who's charging? Who's free? Who's reliable? Best value? Who to avoid?
>>
Check the Facebook group, Katsucon Photographers.
>>
>>9322024
>Who to avoid?
Tetsushi
EMCP
Blue Shell
Dan Seiter
>>
>>9322180
>>9322024

You ignored the previous Katsu thread and made a whole new one just to post your vendetta lol
>>
>>9322232

EMCP still a-lurkin'
>>
>>9322232
go away eugene
>>
File: Dan Seiter.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Dan Seiter.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9322180
Wait? What's the noise about Dan Seiter? I thought people liked his photos?
>>
>>9322180
Add Jason Laboy and Ed Yeund (Edward Fotography) to that list
>>
>>9322247
clearly a vendetta post. Dan is well liked by the cosplayers, unlike the other 3.
>>
File: this is fine.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
this is fine.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9322024
Wrong picture, that's a photo of yamacon.

a.k.a Gatlinburg is actually on fire and we're all still standing here having a convention.
>>
>>9322234
>>9322242
What happened to Eugene? I booked him for MAGfest but he didn't return my messages and blocked me
>>
>>9322862
Did you prepay? If so, better file that claim now!
>>
Yup. Same experience here with EMCP. I hit him up for a shoot a few days ago, he left me at "seen."

"Leaving people who leave me at seen in 2017." -actual quote from Eugene Manning

Maybe it's just because I'm a dude, not a 17 year old girl who he can exploit by letting him take pictures of me naked, not return then, and then (presumably) jack off to them while he snoops on this thread.

But ey, good luck with your "free mini shoot giveaway." Thought your photos were free anyway, but I guess since no one wants to work with you anyway and you reject the clients that do, you need some sort of counterproductive incentive?
>>
>>9322887
Guess it's safe to say you won't be winning one now. Lol
>>
File: 772.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
772.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9322024
>Who to avoid?
Literally all of them are creepy rapists. They'll blind you with their flashes until your disoriented and vulnerable and then they'll shove their long hard 200mm lenses all over your body. Then they'll get you down on your knees and form a circle around you and take turns shooting all over your face. Don't ask me how I know. I.. Don't want to talk about it.
>>
>>9323055
10/10
>>
>>9322180
I finally gained enough notoriety where random anons shit on me, some senpai noticed me! :D

Keep doing me favors, the only people that know who I am are cosplayers I shot with since I never advertise for shoots
>>
Avoid Fang Fox if he is shooting. Some of my friends told me he asked if they would sleep with him.
>>
>>9322887
His FB is full of him bitching about how no one books him at cons. The other half is him notching about girls not being as easy to sleep with like in anime.
>>
>>9326285
> implying people don't talk about photogs via word of mouth.
>>
>>9326312
Okay, what of it, it's all gossip then, the only shit I hear about myself is that I'm awkward. Good for them, I'm introverted with social anxiety, no shit.
>>
>>9326311
what happened to his FB? I tried to look at it today and it's down. did he quit?
>>
>>9326316
you need to stop taking photos of underage girls undressing in bathroom, you creep!
>>
>>9326332
You got the wrong person lol
>>
>>9326305
Did he ask during a shoot? In a PM about the shoot? Or afterwards when they were hanging out and getting drinks later on at the con? The latter might not be wrong, as con hook ups happen, and if he thought that's where it was going then its just a horrible, awkward mistake on his part, and possibly your friend sending out the wrong signals.
>>
>>9326372
It happened during the shoot he asked.
>>
>>9326305
>guy took a shot
>OMG DON'T WURK WIF HIM HE ASKED ME 4 SEKZ

I don't like this guy, in fact, I think he's a piece of shit. But just because a guy asked you if you want a roll doesn't mean no one should ever work with the guy again. I mean, he literally did exactly what women say they wanted, he asked for permission. She presumably said no, and he accepted the no. He didn't rape the bitch, so what's the problem?
>>
EMCP needs to just stop. Him or someone who is working for him is posting under another FB named John Kurokuma telling them to book a shoot with EMCP. If people get sick of him spamming...Eugene starts sending messages to private profiles (non-cosplay) ones asking what is wrong.

He must be super desperate for shoots hiding under another account or something.
>>
>>9326419
Yeah totally inappropriate. Must've been EMCP/PM Photography/Eugene Manning or Gerardo Flores then
>>
>>9326428
Are you for real? I have seen that John account around for months and thought he works for eugenes's mag. This is a whole different level of shady
>>
>>9326428
>>9326449
>>9326502
This samefaggotry
>>
>>9326536
I can assure you I don't know the other anon. EMCP just unites people together
>>
>>9326316
If you're really Dan, please stop stealing models. I was setting up a shoot with a cosplayer and this fucker came in with his lights and shit and took my cosplayer away. Never seen her again.
>>
>>9326421
>pay photographer for a shoot
>mid shoot he asks if you want to fuck
do you not see how this is completely unprofessional and unacceptable?
>>
>>9326502
I have no idea if it could be him or someone who is working for Eugene. But you know something is up that as soon as the person tells John to go away or whatnot, Eugene messages right away about it. Communication that quick makes me wonder. Also the account has very few friends and seems more like an advertisement.
>>
>>9326502
>>9326730
>>9326536
>>9326449
>>9326428
Pretty sure it's just Eugene. After Eugene got banned from some Facebook groups that account popped up and then started promoting Eugene's shitty pages
>>
>>9326693
Fang fox doesn't charge.

Pretty sure no one would pay for his photos
>>
>>9326683
This shit happens to me all the time too, it's not my intention to steal away shoots from people, that's why I ALWAYS ask if they the free time for it. If you want someone to blame look towards the cosplayer that's blowing you off. How am I supposed to know every cosplayer is waiting for someone else beforehand? The only time I take anyone anywhere a significant distance is if I scheduled a shoot with them beforehand. Which con was this?
>>
>>9322247
his photos are ok. I actually like them. my friends shot with him once and he won't stop talking about politics during the shoot. fucker needs to stop the small talk.
>>
>>9326428
John's a good guy, he works with Eugene, they are both EMCP and PM Photography and is also partners in Generate Studios. He's a real guy, but is promoting the pages now instead of Eugene. He just likes privacy so he doesn't post his photos publicly, but his work is solid.
>>
>>9322032

Here's the list of photographers according to the list they compiled to make it easier for everybody still looking

AK4Real Photography
Alex Rose Photography
Allybun Productions
B.M. Gohra Photography
Caroline Belge Photography
CelloLove Photography
CocoChocoBoo
Crash: The Photos
Crunchy Spart Photography
Delicate Digitals
Depth of Light Photography
DG Photography
Don Dolce Photography
EDward Fotography
Elysia Griffin
Flash Cord Photography
Forever Digital
GCF Photography
im Photography
Jeff GM Photography
Joey Render Industries
Kazoku Photography
Ken AD Photography
Knightmare6
komorebi
Lee A.M. Photography
Matthew Sperzel
Mika Bridges Photography
Morning Addict Photography
Mugen Concept
Munchkin Photos
Myratheon Cosplay & Photography
My Sweet Addiction Photography
NB Photography & Media
Nick Nack's Photography
Odin’s Iris Photography
Photography By Athena C
Purple Dolphin Photography
Ron Gejon Photography
Sakura Diamond
Sang Le Cosplay Photography
Sara Lynn Photography
Shashin Cosplay Photography
Simply Frank Productions
Sumiko.foto Photography
SuperheroBlues
Team Lens Flare Photography
The Howling Shoopuf
X-Con Photography
Valdman Photography
Vander The Generalist
VSM Mixed Media Photography
>>
>>9327572
I see Gerardo Flores is back. Avoid him if you don't want your naughty bits shown in photos and deal with his angry rants
>>
>>9327648
I don't see him on the listed photographers, is he going by a different name now? I know he was trying to get GJF Photography off the ground, but that also failed miserably.
>>
Any idea on how much Otakon will cost this year?
>>
>>9327986
my bad. i got him cofused with GCF
>>
>>9327648
WAT?
>>
>>9327648
>>9328290
deet? what did he do?
>>
>>9328856
He hasn't done anything lately, he doesn't have gear to work with. He's just living the broke barista life and hanging with EMCP. He burned pretty much all his bridges in the NYC cosplay community.
>>
>>9326305
>>9326855
I've heard that he likes to grab random photographer's cameras out of their hands to show them "how it's done", and claims to be "the best at photographic lighting on the East Coast", yet somehow this shit is proven wrong time and again lol

Shit you wouldnt pay for, pic related
>>
>>9328910
saw him at NYCC last year. i wonder how the photos turned out.
>>
>>9328952
I don't think he was there last year, but he was the one before where he had a bunch of lights. He rented all his stuff from what I heard others saying. That said, he should've invested in a class on how to use them as the pic shows.
>>
>>9328923
the derpy face aside,
>lighting sucks
>nothing is in focus.

Is he really the best photographer on the east coast?
>>
>>9328923
Did he charge for this photo???
>>
>>9328993
Tons better than him, maybe he's the best in North Carolina? I heard he's the manager of photographer vetting list at Colossalcon?
>>
>>9328910
What did he do in the first place that burnt his bridges?
>>
>>9329311
Gerardo has severe anger issues, he's harassed local photographers to assist them and collaborate, he's taken rejections from female cosplayers badly, talked behind the backs of cosplayers and photographers, brags about his skills and putting down the works of others, constantly chasing the costume by trying to tag everyone in his memories and the show how buddy buddy he is/was. It's so pathetic I had to unfriend him years ago, but still I see him tagging the few mutuals we have left every once in a while until a they untag themselves or hide the posts.
>>
>>9329335
Costume should be cosfame. Damn the autocorrect!
>>
>>9329311
I remember he offered free photos at Katsucon 2013. After people booked him for photos, he then told people they won't get photos until they paid. It got really ugly
>>
>>9329635
Wow, that's fucking scummy!
>>
>>9329635
Someone tried to get him to room w/ me at Katsu 2013. I am so glad that never happened.
>>
>>9328993
>>9329015
>>9329057

Nah, he CLAIMS to be the best at photographic LIGHTING. Yet all I've seen his ass do is do a lot of questionable things in regards to flash placement. That and he's a shitty person in general and loves to make promises just to renege on them when the time comes.

I don't think he charged for this, but I have the set just in case his head gets too big and he starts making people feel like shit for their photography.
>>
>>9331387
Shit, didn't finish the post properly. But see that thing by the back of her knees? He keeps his flash at ground level but does nothing to compensate for the poor lighting from the front.

He's just... shit. Pic related; photographers try to avoid backlit shots as much as possible because they just never turn out very good and your subject is just left awash in light from behind and since he sucks at actual flash photography, he does NOTHING to fix the exposure from the front. All while bragging about his dime-store Sony camera.
>>
Fang Fox is total shit, I remember when he first started out years ago. He is one of those photogs that went out and dropped 4k on a camera and flashes then two weeks later started claiming to be the best on the east coast. His first con he already pissed off 2 of 3 photographers and now hes working press relations for nostalgia conventions and by working I mean doing a super shitty job and trash talking other photographers on his personal page while doing favors for his "friends". But yea as stated in several posts above his work is super inconsistant.
>>
>>9331387
>>9331388
>>9331395
>Best on the East Coast

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

That shit you posted is pure trash. Even the photographers I laugh at would shit on those pics.
>>
>>9331387
Why would you drag a wireless flash around without a tripod or monopod or person to hold it.
>>
>>9331432
It can work for a halo effect to separate a subject from the background. But usually photographers have the subject stand in front of it.

Plus, the shit didn't even fire in that pic. It's in the picture for nothing. Garbage.
>>
>>9331432
Many conventions ban the use of flash stands and you'd have to adjust to standards that suck compared to what you can work with in a studio. There are things about that Ahri pic that bug me, why didn't the flash behind her fire? Why is she holding a damn iPhone? why does he attach his watermark to this? I know he's capable of releasing better pics than this and he wants these to be associated with his brand? does he not care? I don't like to shit on other photogs, especially the ones that don't charge, these pics are just baffling.

Is this the result of over exposing a flash that's attached to a bracket? I never used one of those things before.

I only know Fang Fox thru colossalcon, I don't bother looking at his work for the sake of shitting on somebody, I'm just not bored nor do I have vendetta against the guy.

>>9331450
I'm one of those photogs that occasionally puts a flash behind the subject, I'm still experimenting with what's good or not, I like it to a degree.
>>
Anyone have actual photos of the photographers themselves? I see names thrown around but I don't know what any of them look like so I wouldn't know who to avoid at conventions.
>>
>>9331488
Affliction Cosplay Photography
>>
File: EMCP.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
EMCP.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9331488
EMCP
PM Photography
Generate Magazine
Generate Studios
John Kurokumo
>>
File: GJF Photography.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
GJF Photography.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9331488
GJF Photography
>>
>>9331488
Jason Laboy Photography
>>
>>9331488
Euphoria Cosplay Studios
>>
>>9331488
Iconique Photography
Purely Boudoir
>>
>>9331488
Edward Fotography
>>
>>9327558
You're pitiful Eugene
>>
>>9331515
>>9331514
>>9331517
>>9331519
>>9331520
>>9331523
>>9331524

Thank you for the heads up!
>>
>>9331514
>>9331515
>>9331517
>>9331519
>>9331520
>>9331523
>>9331524

Katsucon's looking more like an obstacle course now!
>>
So many creepy photogs, WTH?!!!
>>
Guess my group knows who to avoid now! Saw some posting their rates in the Katsu Facebook group
>>
>>9331480
she's holding a cellphone because that's what kids do. Her skin is a schoolgirl skin, jesus you salty bunch are just grasping at straws.
>>
>>9331537
>>9331529
>>9331538
>>9331488
>implying this thread isn't anything but one large vendetta thread

Sorry no one wants to take pics of your body positive Fat Harley Quinn cosplay, anon. I bet you're in the "paid photogs vs free photogs" thread raging that cosplay photographers are ruining your hobby.

Lose some weight.
>>
>>9331520

Is the name ironic or is he just that unselfaware? I feel like I could shop a fedora on here and nobody would bat an eye.
>>
>>9332178
>>9331520
is he even going to katsucon? thought he retired after the scandals last year
>>
File: Just Cosplay.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Just Cosplay.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Come on, can't forget this guy!

Blue Shell Photography
Just Cosplay Photography
>>
>>9332608
He admits he's an amateur, he doesn't charge, and it's not as if he's hiding the quality his work, just more vendetta shit posting for the sake of it.
>>
>>9332725
You forgot

Post nipslip on purpose and refuse to take them offline. Harass cosplayers. No means no. Yasha fluff didn't put him on blast for no reason
>>
File: IMG_1971.png (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_1971.png
1B, 486x500px
John Cena is offering free shoots. He's probably one of the best Katsucon photographers.
>>
>>9332856
He is also known to snipe cosplayers during shoots from a distance. I heard he once did it during a Jessica Nigri shoot and got in big trouble.
>>
>>9333226
Now I know.. He must be the shady katsucon sniper Dave Yang and Jessica Nigri bring up every now and then.
>>
>>9333051
Abadoooooooooo
>>
>>9333343
new fag here. what's abadooooooooooooooooo
>>
what about MAX Shot First? my friends got contacted by her and I vaguely remember her name in a drama thread. is she good?
>>
>>9336621

Is she offering to shoot your friend for free (since photog contacted cosplayers first)? If it's free, go for it, nothing lost.
>>
>>9333051
This guy is a creep and never returned my photos; if you check his page he rarely updates, clear sign of creep
>>
>>9336699
not true. a lot of photographers stopped updating facebook. also, if it's a paid shoot and the cosplayer is not cute or famous, don't expect to be posted on the page
>>
>>9336625
no, she replied to her lineup in the katsucon photography group and my friend likes her work.
>>
Avoid all nyc photogs, they charge for crap and are always awkward to work with.
>>
>>9336827
There's a handful of good ones, they just learn to stay below the radar
>>
>>9336827
I wonder, when people say dumb shit like, "avoid ALL nyc photographers", or give a list of photographers to avoid with like 30 names on it, do people take them seriously? A smart person wouldn't.
>>
>>9337217
A start person looks at the names and then looks them up and then makes their decision. Truthfully majority of the nye photographers that get mentioned here are one trick ponies. They use the same auto filter and they think upping saturation and blacks means editing.

Not naming names but one photographer is even so self conscious he's now showing you how he edits photos while using the wrong terms to describe what he's doing.
>>
>>9322887
>I hit him up for a shoot
>he left me on seen
>nobody wants to work with him

lel
>>
>>9336721
All the good photographers I know actively post on these days; I dont know what the fuck you are doing on Facebook
>>
>>9337578
white specs, daniel lin, dave yang, goojunky,don dolce. sateriale productions. they're the best because they only post their best.

>9336699 anon is probably a fatty
>>
>>9337746
That why some them still begging for shoots in the group?
>>
>>9331395
Fang Fox can also not type clearly on Facebook messages when trying to talk to him. He seems to be the most clueless over the most simple questions. I have no idea how he graduated high school at times.
>>
>>9331519
Is this the loser who exploit cosplay culture mag credentials, charges for empty publishing promises and still puts out oversat crappy work. He walks around with a cc staff tshirt and theyre not even covering katsu. He might as well have retard on his shirt.
>>
>>9337930
Well you could always contact the convention and magazine if these issues were valid, instead of posting anonymously on here.
>>
>>9336621
If your friend wants their photos back without hearing some bs story of funerals or cancer, don't. She'll do the shoot, say she'll have a preview soon, shut down basically all social media, you'll be lucky to get even unedited shots , and then disappear for a few months. She did it this summer. I wouldn't waste your time and money. Also she's really not that good to start with.
>>
>>9338116
the issue that he's a loser?
>>
>>9337746
>goojunky
>best
please, even her "best" looks like absolute shit
>>
>>9338420
probably meant if he was trying to pass himself off as a staffer of the con or magazine and he's not

>>9337746
Dear lord some of the names and you claim are the best?
>>
File: Shinakophoto.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Shinakophoto.jpg
1B, 486x500px
$85 for this BS? I'm so sick of the shit many cosplay photographers pull
>>
>>9339644
That's new to me, is that a backdrop photoshopped into a regular pic?
>>
>>9339682
Looks like it
>>
>>9339644
Jesus Christ, I'm doing free shoots and I would be embarrassed if I gave that to another person.
>>
>>9339644
LOL. Whoever paid for this deserved to get this shit. No sympathy. Stop supporting shit photographers.
>>
Ok, I went to Shinakophoto 's FB page, and they have 3800+ likes. THIRTY EIGHT HUNDRED PLUS LIKES. And the work is some of the worst garbage I've ever seen.

This has gotta be some kind of joke, right? Like, a "make a wish" thing for a retard? The amount of misspellings on the page alone made me think this person was retarded. They misspelled their OWN PAGE NAME on the Google docs they made for Katsucon.

I thought cosplayers gave a shit about quality in the end, but they really don'the. They don't give a shit about anything. I'm 4 times the photographer this hack is, and I barely have half their following on social media. I don't get it for the life of me.
>>
"Please give credit if you would like to use this photo on your blog, website, or anywhere else. Also, please do not edit, crop, remove watermarks, print, copy, or reproduce this photo without permission.

Photography by Shinakophoto Copyright © 2016 Shinakophoto"

85 dollars for this? You've got to be out of your fucking mind. No one should be paying 85 cents for this. I'm fucking livid right now.
>>
>>9340071
What the actual fuck? This is what you get when you have blind people edit your photos

Page is nearly two years old and this is the quality it pumps out, unbelievable
>>
>>9340071
where did you see $85? I see 30 mins for $15, 2 hours for $75.
>>
>>9340061
Studied Photography at The Art Institutes

I literally died
>>
>>9340200
It's on her page, just scroll down a bit. You also get four edits with that price
>>
>>9340204
almost 4k page likes, no post on page with more than 2 likes
>>
Anyone know if any of these guys have Flickr pages? I want to point and laugh at anyone who has spent less money of their gear than me.
>>
>>9340213
oops my bad

>>9340227
damn. that's very sad
>>
File: Clipboard001.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Clipboard001.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9340860
I can't add anything to this, it speaks for itself.
>>
>>9340061

Did you see the convention pictures they posted? AAC and Arisia are shit local cons but there's definitely SOME higher quality cosplayers who go. This person is providing shit photos to fat and ugly shit cosplayers who can't get anyone halfway decent to take them.
>>
>>9340509
Which photographers you asking about? Chances are if you punch in their names on Flickr's search or their name and Flickr on Google, it'll pop up
>>
Total amateur question, but I'll be shooting at Katsu for the first time this year for free. I'm pretty sure most cosplayers would like skin cleanup/ retouching, basic tone adjustments, and flyaway edits in their returned photos. Ideally though, how edited should the face be? Obviously I don't think it should be as airbrushed as pic related, but basically, how much editing is enough without the cosplayer looking like Meitu x100? What unflattering features should be removed?
>>
>>9341322
Make their face melt into a putty barely resembling human features. Then they will achieve true aesthetics. It is the glorious nippon way.
>>
>>9341322
These are the small facial edits I like to get back and that I do myself when I'm editing:

- Remove blemishes.
- Gently reduce appearance of naso-labial folds.
- Gently reduce the appearance of under-eye creases or darkness.
- Pop eyes (slightly brighten the whites, slightly darken the lashes, and slightly turn up contrast on the irises).
- Maybe add color to the lips.
- Whiten teeth.

I follow the same philosophy in editing that I do when applying makeup: it's better to leave a little bit of visible imperfection than to pile so much makeup/photoshop that your manipulation is obvious. Photographers who alter my facial structure by making my eyes larger or making my chin pointer weird me out, especially hall photographers who alter my facial structure.
>>
>>9341322
undereye circles
light airbrushing
whiten eyes and teeth slightly
lighten smile lines/wrinkles

also if the cosplayer asks to photoshop their face, just let them do it (but ask them not to change the cropping/lighting/etc. of the picture if you care about that). Most cosplayers who actually ask to photoshop their face probably do it well enough.
>>
Matt Sperzal is just spamming everyone in that facebook group with his "specialize in cinematic-style cosplay photography" line
>>
>>9342692
Googled his name. I can see what he's going for and it isn't that bad. He strikes me as the kind of guy who'll go through the extra effort if he thinks the model is worth the extra effort, but just kinda shrug and say fuck it and do the absolute minimum if the model looks like shit anyway.
>>
>>9342692
>>9342777
Rule of thumb: Anyone with hall shot looking photos in their page's profile picture, or their page's banner is a hack, and should be avoided like a leper.
>>
>>9331515
SCrew this guy, now he's whining about no one tagging him under the 28daysofblackcosplay tag.
>>
>>9345360
Go shoot with shinakophoto then.
>>
>>9327572
Are these approved or avoid? Friend has done a few shoots with Don Dolce and had no negative things to say, but i probably can't say that for everyone
>>
>>9345545
Be real; you don't know shit about what a good photo or photographer is. Just pick one at random, and get ready to get your boring, out of focus, blown out pics.
>>
>>9345545
self post? Don Dolce is notorious for having a huge backlog. He just gave people back photos from last Katsucon.
>>
>>9345523
now that's just cruel.
>>
>>9345545
It's literally just a repost of people in the list from the Facebook group. Not a good/bad list full of bias/agenda.
>>
>>9345653
I JUST got my Katsucon photos back from Don Dolce last month. I thought he was just ignoring me specifically, didn't realize he did this with other cosplayers.
>>
>>9345919
SAME, I'd messaged him 4 times and never got a reply but he had obviously seen them. I would not have been as pissed when I finally got them last month if he has just replied at all instead of convincing me I was never going to get my photos.
>>
>>9337746
THIS!

>>9337578
As a cosplay photographer, I sometimes feel like the only thing I should be uploading is photos. I really don't think my following cares enough to see me post updates with my photos. Idk, I don't stand out and don't try to. Do I complain? No. I just generally don't like standing out for any reason.
>>
>>9346019
>I don't stand out and I don't try to

Feel sorry for the people who book you, if that's your attitude. Lol

When I get a booking, I try to embarrass all the photographers at the con with my pics. And I mostly succeed. :)
>>
>>9346479
That's cause all the good photogs don't shoot as shitty as you do
>>
>>9346627
I don't think you understand what I said... maybe some remedial English is in order?
>>
>>9345927
>>9345919
Were the photos any good?
>>
Shoot with chasis photos. the greatest cosplay photographer of all time
>>
>>9346664
his photos are pretty much the same. you seen one cosplayer, you seen them all. at least he's consistent
>>
File: DSC_3676.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC_3676.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Newbie photographer here. I'm not a pro working for money, just want to shoot interesting stuff. What is the common courtesy of photographers at Con? Assuming that I took their pictures

Did you introduce yourself or only tell if they ask you about the pictures?

Is taking pictures and instantly moving on considered rude or just normal behavior?

When sending them pictures: retouch them hard to soften the skin and remove all blemishes/ just do some basic/or send the RAW?

Again, I wouldn't want to look like a show off but I don't want to be rude especially if they want my pictures.
>>
>>9347053
If you're shooting for free, just do what the fuck you want.

Cosplayers all think photogs are creepy molesters. And, they think the ones who aren't are literally just picture taking machines, deserving of no courtesy. If you give them their pictures, 9 times out of 10 when they post it, you won't even get credited. Keep your expectations super low when dealing with cosplayers.
>>
>>9347069
This. Cosplayers are fucking scum.
>>
>>9347053

Are you the dude who posted from Vietnam in that other thread? If so, ignore >>9347069 because it's all specific to the fucked up scene in American Cons.

Print yourself some cards so cosplayers can find your site. When sending them photos, offer retouching as an option?
>>
>>9347053
Lol. You can ignore me and listen to >>9347077
at your own peril. I GUARANTEE YOU at Katsucon, even if it's your very first con, you will encounter a cosplayer so rude that it will make you question even attending another con.

Set your expectations low, bro. Way low. Then set them even lower than that.
>>
>>9347116
Tell me stories, anon. I always hear cosplayers complaining about photographers. I'd like to hear from the other side.
>>
>>9347053
in united states, cosplayers expect skin smoothing. your photo sucks. read this http://www.chasisphotos.com/2017/02/05/top-5-cosplayer-complaints-about-cosplay-photos/
>>
>>9347129
>retouching hall shots
Wew lad
>>
>>9347127
How about this one: I shoot with this girl, for free, at a recent con. She loves the pics, posts them everywhere, but conveniently forgets to credit me. She doesn't talk to me, barely responds to my messages... until she gets the bright idea to sell prints.

She asks me if she can sell prints of my photo, and I agree, because I'm a twat pushover. Then when we both are at subsequent cons, she acts like she doesn't see me.

Tl;dr: I shot girl for free, let her make money off my work, and she ignores me. I got a million stories like this.
>>
>>9347314
Hey I said I wanted to hear stories. Post as much as you want.
>>
>>9347314
Sounds like you are doing this to yourself, can't blame others for that
>>
>>9347053
HOW TO DO HALL SHOTS

1. Ask "Can I get a picture?"
2. Take the picture.
3. Either verbally say where you'll be posting the pictures ("I'll be sharing my album on the Katsucon Photography Facebook group") or give them a business card with your site.
4. Only crazy people expect you to retouch hall shots, but you can if you want to or it's easy.
5. Post pictures.
>>
>>9346861
he only shoots his equally elitist girl friend
>>
>>9346861
Nuh uh! That's EMCP or GJF's title!
>>
>>9346861
Chasis photos is the guy who writes the, "Don't be a creepy photographer!" finger wagging posts, accompanied by 5 pictures of girls in lingerie and wig "cosplays". With captions like, "This is Yashafluff. She probably won'the let you take pictures of her butt like I can."

I'll give credit where it's due, his photos are at least exposed properly most of the time. But his fucking irony detector is broken as shit.
>>
>>9347450
I only did the right thing, which was be nice to people. She was the bitchy one. In any case, I don't fuck with her anymore, or any other stuck up cosplay bitches. I feel like telling her to take my shit down, too to be honest.
>>
>>9347700
Could be worse, at lest he's not trying to push a shitty website like Cospix
>>
>>9347069
Are you kidding me? How shitty of a person are you? 9 times out of 10 when a cosplayer posts my pictures they credit me
>>
>>9347314
You're acting like she owes you something just because you took photos of her and let her sell prints. If she bothered you that much you should have just told her no.
>>
>>9348126
>>9347999
Yeah, she does. Basic human decency says you should at least pretend to be friendly to a person doing you a favor.

No, she doesn't OWE me anything, but nobody OWES anyone anything. Think of it this way: you don't owe wait staff a tip, even if the service is incredible. You don't really give a shit about their lives or their struggles. But you tip them because you want them to continue being decent to you when you come in to eat at their place, and so that they dont give you the "special sauce".

If I have to explain social graces and etiquette to grown people, it's no wonder why you're in the shit state you're in.
>>
>>9348165
>drop something on the floor
>someone picks it up for you
>you are now required to treat that person like your best friend and always smile at them whenever you run into them because they did you a favor
That's what you sound like. I bet the reason she didn't respond to your messages was because they all sounded like this

>h-hey since I took some pictures of you, I think we should go out to dinner
>h-hey what conventions are you going to next? I want to make sure we can hang out together and stuff
>h-hey since we're practically best friends, we should share a room at the next con. just us though because you don't need to have any other friends but me
>h-hey since you liked out last shoot so much maybe we should do another one. I know a quiet place in the wood where no one can hear you scream
>h-hey why are you posting photos of you taken by other photographers? ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME YOU FUCKING BITCH?
>>
>>9348165
They don't have to credit you, but you also don't have to ever photograph them again afterwards. Most decent cosplayers that want a following don't shit on the photographers that provide them their content. Tag their page in the photo description, make it obvious it came from you for whatever social media account you upload it to. I make it a point to notify every cosplayer I photograph that I shared a picture to whatever site.

It goes both ways, I've seen so many photographers just dump hundreds of pictures into a giant album and just toss it at a convention group and expect other people to do all the credit work for them. Some cosplayer may find that on their own or some friend may download your pics for their sake and not bother remembering who you are. I find it incredibly unlikely someone would sift through a 500+ album of crappy hall shots and bother crediting the photographer if they were too lazy to credit them.
>>
>>9331514
Woah woah, what's wrong with Affliction? He's been very nice to me and I'm friends with some of the people that work with him..
>>
>>9348502
Fuck off Affliction
>>
>>9347707
You gave her permission and you did absolutely nothing other than take some photos. Did you try to engage with her? Swap contact info other than facebook or whatever? How the fuck is she supposed to know you wanted to be buddies or whatever? Why didn't you remind her to credit you? It sounds like you're just a pushover and you're in denial so you have to blame others.
>>
>>9348506
Not Affliction, just trying to find out what the deal with him is.
>>
>>9348509
> Why didn't you remind her to credit you?

No one should need to be reminded to credit their photographer. She's in the wrong, and that's that. Stop rationalizing shitty entitled behavior.

And I'm def. not a pushover anymore; I already get shit on here for being "elitist", and it's precisely because of shit like this. I'll take that elitist title though, cause I'm elite.
>>
>>9348544
>not a pushover anymore
That says a lot
>>
>>9348178
Lol this situation is basically EMCP in a nutshell
>>
>>9349609
EMCP is always bitching about cosplayers dropping him at cons and shooting with other photographers, LOL! Had to unfriend him after he complained about it constantly.
>>
>>9349655
You sound like a bitter ex-girlfriend.
>>
>>9349967
You're acting like Eugene does, constantly butthurt. You want to know why people hate working with you. This is the reason. You're fame hungry like your boy Gerardo.
>>
File: 20170209_163236.png (77KB, 1440x696px)
20170209_163236.png
77KB, 1440x696px
What is Eugene thinking?
>>
>>9350236
Woooow what the actual fuck. What are the best cosplayers to work with? I didn't know there was a best kind of cosplayer and a worst kind of cosplayer. If that is the case, there must be a best kind of photographer and a worst kind of photographer too. I wonder which category he fits into.
>>
>>9350249
>a worst kind of cosplayer
The kind that cries when their photographer didn't help them pose, fix minor errors on their costume, retouch their photos, and have them e-mailed by the time the convention was over.
All for free, mind you.
>>
>>9350236
>>9350249
>I didn't know there was a best kind of cosplayer and a worst kind of cosplayer
Oh come the fuck on. You're really asking this on /cgl/? The place that constantly rips on shitty cosplayers in the bad cosplay threads? Pretty much everyone here is going to agree that not every cosplayer is equally skilled and that shitty closet cosplayers don't deserve the same kind of asspats that skilled costume makers get. So why are you surprised that a photographer wants to work with only the best cosplayers?

>If that is the case, there must be a best kind of photographer and a worst kind of photographer too.
There is. More than anything else it's how sensitive you are to visual aesthetics. If you see a webpage in the year 20fucking17 that looks like it was made on geocities in the late 90s and it makes you physically sick, then congratulations you have enough of a sense of visual aesthetics to be a photographer. Seriously, if you want to know how good a photog is, take a quick look at the design of their personal website. If it looks like shit, that's a huge redflag to get the fuck away.
>>
>>9350291
Most don't have web pages, just Facebook ones
>>
Quick question for you guys

Is it OK to ask the photographer what a good pose would be? Reason being, this'll be my first time hiring one, and I can't pose for ship on my own
>>
>>9350429
yes. especially if you're paying for a photoshoot. if your photographer can't pose you, run. http://www.chasisphotos.com/2017/02/05/top-5-cosplayer-complaints-about-cosplay-photos/
>>
>>9350465
This guy burns my ass. As soon as I hear preachy finger-wagging shit about how photographers SHOULD act (and nothing on how cosplayers should act), my bullshitometer goes way off the charts.

Dude ain't that good, either.
>>
>>9350465
Stop shilling your blog faggot
>>
File: chasis git gud2.jpg (47KB, 640x960px)
chasis git gud2.jpg
47KB, 640x960px
The nerve of this nigga, telling people to "git gud".

Sell your gear and turn your blog off if this is what you mean by "gud".
>>
>>9350465
Alright! I just wanted to make sure.

I am hiring one for the first time, and didn't want to insuit them if asking wasent really a thing.
>>
>>9350471
Actually, could you give me a few tips on how a cosplayer should act? I know the general ones of course. Don't be a jerk, and be extremely thankful that we're taking time out of their day
>>
>>9350604
All you gotta do is be nice. The bar is set extremely low for cosplayers.

Fake like you're actually friendly with whatever photographer you're with, laugh at their dumb-ass jokes, and they'll fall all over themselves trying to impress you.

Seriously. 90% of the cosplayers we work with are idiots, bitches, or gay. If you can fake the slightest interest, you won't ever have any problems at shoots, or getting your pictures.
>>
>>9350629

>gay

Why should that matter, unless you're trying to get into every cosplayer's panties? Which as we all know from y'all throwing a fit about PUSSY OR OAYMENT, you definitely aren't for a paid shoot, right?? :)
>>
>>9350683

not sure what your point is. if you're a straight male, you're not interested in girls who aren't interested in dick.

also, nobody said anything about not shooting gay girls, we just weren't really interested in it. makes sense, right?
>>
>>9347700

I've known Chasis for quite a bit. I generally don't care for the fact the he does lingerie type shoots, but I do know that he only does it with people he is close to and works within the comfort levels of the models. I can respect that.

The fact of the matter is that most of the things the he said in the blog post should be common sense. Sad that we have to be reminded of this since you know.... it isn't common anymore.
>>
>>9350737

op was asking about advice on how to be a good model to work with and not annoy their hired photog, so how is "be fuckable" helpful?
>>
>>9350990
Oh it's helpful. Trust me.
>>
>>9351093
only for you, eugene
>>
>>9351163
Anyone who has a set of eyes can appreciate a nice piece of ass.
>>
Putting gay up there with idiots and bitches really says a lot about your motive
>>
>>9350604
You pretty much got it all right there, don't be a jerk and be thankful, anything else is icing on the cake. You want do better than that then learn your character's poses, mannerisms, and facial expressions that way the photographer doesn't have to pose you (many cosplay photographers are not good at posing cosplayers). Afterwards get their contact info or card if they have one so you can find the photo later and you can ask them about the photo if it's been a while but if you didn't pay for photos then it's whatever. Photographers give priority to their day job and paying photoshoots. I've seen many photographers with over a year long backlog for unpaid shoots, especially if they put in a lot of retouching work.
>>
>>9347053
Salty shit tier photographers in here don't understand the kind of cosplayers that attend Katsucon. Katsucon attracts some of the most skilled cosplayers from across the country and the best cosplayers aren't going to the con thinking "man I hope someone happens to take photos of my cosplay" they plan photoshoots ahead of time with good photographers to ensure quality photos of their costumes. If you're shooting hallway shots then it doesn't matter what you do to them. Most of the better cosplayers are indifferent to getting back hallway shots, its more like fan service for them to let you take the photograph. Don't get me wrong there are some decent cosplayers that are thirsty for as many photos as they can get regardless of quality for their social media, those people will gladly accept your business card or contact info. The newer cosplayers that do not have a lot of established photographer contacts are more likely to want the hallway shots so those are where you'll be getting most of your interest as a newbie photographer.

Taking the photo and instantly moving on is totally acceptable behavior but you can introduce yourself as well just don't expect everyone to care.

If you're taking some time to pull people aside to shoot some decent looking uncluttered photos/portraits then yeah most people will appreciate some basic skin retouching.
>>
>>9351746
Its the same with the good photographers, they're usually booked up way in advance, and people still try to hit them up during the week before. I know at least 5-6 friends who already have over 30 paid shoots lined up for Katsucon and they stopped announcing shoots weeks ago
>>
>>9350541
you cant blame chasis for this shot. come on.
>>
>>9351983
Shit is GARBAGE. I can absolutely blame him.

Yeah, the cosplayer is wilding for coming out of his house looking like that, but what makes me hold his feet to the fire is, he comes off as super arrogant. He'said telling people to "git gud", so that means he should be able to take a well lit, we'll composed picture. He didn't do either here.

Chasis, get off your high horse. We'really laughing at you.
>>
>>9351704
Thank you very much. Suffice to say, I try not to have a rude bone in my body when it comes to going out in public lol.

But thank you all again!
>>
>>9351983
I know a lot of photographers like this. They get to shoot a big tittied cutie and they'll spend hours editing the photos to make them look perfect. They'll spend a lot of time during the shoot to make sure the model's pose looks really nice and that they're well lit and that the background isn't a hot mess. Then they get paid to work with a below average looking dude and suddenly they don't give a shit because they know they're not walking away with a portfolio quality photo so they just phone it in. A professional photographer should aim to make their clients look their absolute best, no matter how badly they look. If you look like a derpy ass potato then they better make you look like the best looking derpy ass potato possible. If you're going to excuse shitty photos by blaming the subjects, you're basically encouraging the behavior of photogs who shoot exclusively with the cosfamous and the beautiful. The same type of photogs who shoot with average looking cosplayers and throw them in the back of their queue and make them wait a whole year to get their photos back while the top tier cosplayers they shot with a day ago already have their photos up and edited.
>>
>>9352088
Yep, look at Martin Wong, he has plenty of photos of the cosfamous but then you see his other shots and they just hallway shots.
>>
>>9352121
I was actually really surprised when I saw how different his hall shots looked from his regular work. I guess even decent photographs pretty much shit their pants trying to frame a decent shot in a crowded convention where they have minimal to no control over anything.
>>
>>9352139
No. A good photographer can get a good shot anywhere, provided he has his lights, a good assistant, and a good eye. With the amount of gear and sycophants that crew brings to cons, they should be able to get a good shot anywhere.
>>
>>9347053
From other replies, I think I need to say that I'm a US cosplayer. I don't mind you getting pictures. Most cosplayers feel that getting asked for a photo is a compliment. If you're just getting hall shots, nothing more is needed than asking for a picture and a thanks after you've taken it. Delivery is only required for setup shoots.
>>
>>9350604
In depends entirely on who you work with. Personally I'd rather work with a cosplayer who shows professionalism. Mostly meaning showing up on time and keep distractions to a minimum. Being proactive is also a plus. Practice your poses and expressions. Do some research, find photos you want to try to replicate and save them on your phone. Whether it's official artwork of the character, or poses/angles of other cosplayers cosplaying as the character or similar characters. Like if you're doing an archery type character, find some shots of everyone from the Green Arrow or Hanzo from Overwatch. Collaborate with your photographer so they know what shots you want and at the same time try out the type of shots that they personally think would look good for your particular costume. Try not to let one side completely take control of the shoot. If you try to push your ideas over your photog's the entire time, they might end up resenting you for being too bossy/controlling. At the same time if you let them do all the work, they might not capture the essence of the character because they're not as familiar with it as you. So communicate and try to find a middle ground.
>>
>>9352121
>>9352139
>>9352257
You fucktards ever been to katsucon or you just hanging out on /cgl/ because you can't afford the trip??? It's standing room only because everyone thinks taking a photo by the gazebo is going to make you cosfamous. You can't compose a good hallway shot because its so crowded there's always someone in the way.

>>9352257
hey dipshit yeah they can and they do get good shots with the gear they bring but they have to pull the cosplayer aside, break out the gear, have friends hold it because katsucon doesn't allow light stands, and then have other people block all the assholes that want to walk through the shot. That kinda work takes time and a whole team. If you think that shit should happen for every hall shot you're a fucktard.
>>
>>9352011
>>9352088

Lol you guys mad because you have to pay out your ass to get anything past a hallway shot so you're her talking shit about a photo that was uploaded live from a first year convention with no editing.

You're just really being a dick to the cosplayer desu. He has no makeup on and his wig is unstyled he's clearly a new cosplayer. Most photographers wouldn't even ask someone like that for a serious photo first off and who said he paid anything for it?

The idea that everyone should get equal treatment in terms of retouching is the most 4chan ignorant shit I've ever heard. Skilled photographers spend anywhere from 1-3+ hours retouching a single photo. If you think that photographers are going to do that for every single person they shoot regardless of context you must be some kind of basement dweller who's time has 0 value and can afford to spend 40 hours a week giving your time away for nothing.

Photographers give priority to the "cosfamous" because they actually like making photos of attractive people, whoa no brainer, and photos of "cosfamous" actually move on social media. All you shit heads saying herp derp they should put all that time in for everyone if they were a decent human being are the same assholes that scroll right on past a photo of a normal cosplayer on your feed and ignore it because you're too busy fapping to some famous tits.

Also you guys are missing the fact that the good photographers are usually friends with the "cosfamous" cosplayers. Skill attracts skill, but if you guys are photographers you probably wouldn't get that because you're still wondering why that cosplayer with the unstyled ebay wig and party city stockings won't go on a date with you because you took a hallway shot of them and run some preset pack on it that you found somewhere on the internet.
>>
>>9352453
>You can't compose a good hallway shot because its so crowded there's always someone in the way.
That's what shallow depth of field is for. That's what close ups are for. Thats what creative angles are for. Don't come on here ranting and raving because you don't know what the fuck you'really doing. When I show people my portfolio, they'really shocked that almost all of it is convention photography. And I do it alone. With no team and usually with no lights either. So by that standard, I guess I'm better than your entire team then, huh?
>>
>>9352463
>so you're her talking shit about a photo that was uploaded live from a first year convention with no editing.

I don't give a fuck if it was a 50th year con with all the editing Photoshoot is capable of. The photo looks like shit. Some of the reason it looks like shit is because of the cosplayer. But MOST of the blame falls on the photographer. 1) the lighting is garbage. 2) there was no direction given to the cosplayer, obviously. 3) This is obviously a photo booth shot, so there was at least SOME preparation time, with lights, backdrop, etc., but he still couldn't get a decent shot. 4) Again, the dude is on his blog making fun of photographers, telling them to "git gud", so there's no way he should be putting out shit like this. 5) he put his name on it. All photographers take bad shots. I take a shit load of bad shots. They're on my hard drive right now wasting space. But I don't put obviously bad photos on my page with my name on them, then talk shit to other photographers. I'm gonna laugh at you for the whole rest of this thread, Chasis.
>>
>>9352716

> When I show people my portfolio, they'really shocked that almost all of it is convention photography. And I do it alone. With no team and usually with no lights either.

Post some of your work then. Put up or shut up.
>>
>>9352746
>anonymous website
>post your work

You're so special. Even if I put my work up, and it melted your face off, what would I gain? One new follower on my IG? Not worth it.
>>
>>9352453
So in other words, you're literally untalented and just a chimp pressing a button. Sorry, I've shot at Katsu for years, and I never have issues with people in the background, unless I don't care or frame them out.
>>
>>9352746
Eugene always acting like like a little bitch. Come at me bro! You and Butch Lee can go jerk off in the corner while the rest of us are busy shooting
>>
>>9352760
>criticism
>automatically Eugene

You guys are so funny and sad at the same time.
>>
>>9352716
Agreed put up or shut up bitch I wanna be wowwwweeeeddddd
>>
>>9352756
Lets see that good work then.
>>
lol just git gud guys~ XD at the end none of you is shooting, end up complaining about not shooting with the cosplayers you want and shitting on the people that do. Just stop acting like 5 years all feeling offended by every lil thing.
>>
>>9352750
So you're too chickenshit to back it up? Thought as much.
>>
>>9352716
>m-muh bokeh
Just because you turn the garbage in the background blurry doesn't mean you have a clean photo it just means you have blurry garbage in the background.
>>
>>9352868
Coming from someone that is hiding his identity claiming someone is too chickenshit to reveal himself.
>>
ITT: I got the biggest dick, it's so big let me tell you. Every time someone sees my dick they're like wow that's a big dick.

Show me your dick.

haha.... hahaha.....
>>
File: original.jpg (175KB, 818x503px)
original.jpg
175KB, 818x503px
>>9352878
>go to an anonymous Mongolian butter churning website
>make dubious claim and get called out on it
>b-but I shouldn't have to reveal my identity because no one in the anonymous website has revealed their identity either!
>>
>>9352888
Why would anyone bother revealing themselves here? This devolved into a shit talking thread of people claiming their polished shit is superior because they learned the concept of bokeh.
>>
>>9352888
I died at Mongolian butter churning xD
>>
>>9352891
It's insecurity. When people take good pictures and post them, I give credit where it's due. But when people start getting arrogant and can't back it up, I gotta put them in their place.

But if y'all wanna start posting good convention cosplay, I'll do that.
>>
>>9352891
Because someone here is talking awfully highly of themselves >>9352716 and he seems to be implying that a good photographer can take a good photo from any given spot at Katsucon on any give time. Here's the thing. Even the most pretentious of faggots over at /p/ realize that all their skills and gearfaggotry means nothing if the outside elements are not aligned. You take a trip to France, plan to take photos of the Eiffel Tower, spend all day at your spot taking test shots. Then it starts fucking raining out of nowhere, the clouds have an ugly overcast on the whole scene, you fuck up and miss the golden hour because you had to take a shit really bad and completely missed your window to get your perfect shot. You'll get photos of the Eiffel Tower, but it's probably not going the photos that you wanted, and you won't be fucking happy with it. That's the reality of photography. And this isn't just limited to /p/, fucking world class commercial travel photographers travel to the same countries to the same spot multiple times in their life because they know they didn't get the exact shot they wanted, so they try again. Commercial headshot photographers shooting in a controlled environment in their photo studio take anywhere from 100 - 500 shots and pick only the best 5 or so shots because they can pick up on all the minor nuances and imperfections of each shot. And you're telling me this mothefucker thinks he can take one shot in a crowded hell hole like Katsucon and churn out AMAZING MINDBLOWING PHOTOGRAPHY every single time. Get fucking real, it just shows how naive and green as fuck you are if you think your photos are actually any good. You probably don't even have a good enough eye for photography to pick up on all the details that makes your photos shit, that's why you think that shit is acceptable.
>>
>>9352909
That's fine and all when the thread shows they are capable of showing praise. The only thing I see in this thread is vendetta shitposting. This thread was literally started as a "who to avoid" topic. Who the hell wants to bring that on themselves?

Katsucon used to be fun, I've been going to it since 2009. Now it just seems like a chore, the convention is so god awfully smug and the sense of entitlement is insane. Yet, what am I other than just some hobbyist that still refuses to consider himself a pro. If it weren't for my friends, there'd be no way in hell I'd waste my time there. The atmosphere sucks, it's too cold, it's too crowded, the crowd is too young, the hotel staff hates us, the convention staff hates us, and it's expensive as hell. I'm better off reverting to my former weeb self.
>>
>>9352920
Preach brother monk.
>>
>>9352927
Honestly I think Katsucon itself is shit teir. The con staff is horrible, the location while attractive is one of the most hostile environments between the weather, crowds, and staff. It's just overhyped to the point that everyone has to just go to check it out. They brought Kamui last year and she was just sitting at her booth bored out of her mind because no one actually goes to the convention itself.
>>
>>9352920
I'm not who you think you're talking to.
I've only been shooting manual for two years and I have no training. I'm fine with admitting my failures and I actually want to learn. I know when photos are shit, anyone that can actually pay attention to what their subconscious tells them they should know it's shit. I think hall shots will always be garbage, and to my determent I pass up a lot of shoots with people because I can't think of any decent backgrounds to work with at Katsucon. So many times in my past I've taken shitty hall shots and they go no where because I fucking hate how they look. I hate random people in the immediate surrounding, and bokeh isn't good enough for me. I never thought my pics are 'omg amazing shit', I'm not that full of myself.
>>
>>9352920
First of all, there's a massive difference between shooting the Eiffel Tower and shooting at Katsucon. Being at the mercy of the elements, time of day, possibly police, etc. Is not the same thing as being in an enclosed space, with lights, and assistants, taking a picture of a human subject that can move and be moved. Like, the two are not even similar in any way.

Secondly, let's be real; cosplay photographers are not professionals. Nobody is asking for iconic shit; just a well lit, we'll composed photo of a recognizable character. The fact that you're THIS MAD about no one taking your excuses about why you'really bad shows you don't know what you're doing.

I've been to Katsu. It's crowded in some places, and in others, not. You can go outside. You can shoot inside. You can shoot against a wall, you can use that river thing they have going on. You have no excuse for being bad. Don't getc mad at us for giving you the bad news.
>>
>>9352939
>Secondly, let's be real; cosplay photographers are not professionals. Nobody is asking for iconic shit
And this is why you're a shit photographer. I choose world class photographers like W Eugene Smith, Annie Leibovitz and John Free as the standard bearers I use to compare my work to. They're the photographers I aspire to be like someday. While you're aspiring to be the next fucking Martin Wong. That's the difference between me and you. You're happy taking your shitty snapshots as long as they're well lit, I have much higher standards for myself.
>>
>>9352948
Lol. Well, then I really wonder who you are because I don't see ANYONE in this community shooting Annie Leibowitz shit.

I'd ask who you were, but you won't say or show this Vogue Magazine cosplay shit you got, so I'll just file this under "blowhard typing hard cuz mad".
>>
Ah, so basically the gist is, know what poses you want, be courteous and thankful, and expect to wait a long while to get your photos back due to other customers

Right?
>>
>>9352978
There's no rules: just be nice!

Photographers just don't want to be treated like we work for you. A really sweet personality goes a long way, at least with me.
>>
>>9352994
Thank you anon!

Again, first time doing this so I don't wanna be known as "that customer"
>>
>>9352959
You were the one claiming to be hot shit m80. Then you backtrack saying cosplay photographers shouldn't be held to the same standards are the very best photographers in the world because lol cosplay photography isn't professional shit anyway. You're basically admitting to be a big fish in a very fucking tiny pond talking down on all the little fishes that have the balls to swim in a real big fucking ocean.
>>
>>9353015
Nah, senpai. You misunderstand me.

I was saying what I was saying in response to a photographer doing what you're accusing me of, talking down to photographers. I never said I was world class, though I'm far from bad. I want the caliber of cosplay photography to go up so we can all start getting more recognition, and serious jobs, instead of this hustling high schoolers for change fuck shit con photography. That starts by taking consistent, well shot photos.
>>
>>9352854
lol butthurt chasis posting anon
>>
>sumiko.foto still replying to every post
>>
File: image (1).jpg (1MB, 1920x1074px)
image (1).jpg
1MB, 1920x1074px
Where is that field that people use for Katsucon photos? I went looking for it last year but couldn't find it.
>>
>>9354970
Post an example
>>
>>9354970
Bumping cuz I wanna know too.
>>
Redpill me on Felix Wong. I want to know everything.
>>
>>9354979
>>9355565
The only thing I can think of about "fields" is tall grass close to the peer. I've seen plenty of photos of cosplayers brushing the grass aside. There's not a lot of space to work with, so you have to be creative with the angles. There are no real large fields that aren't just simple mowed lawns and a shit load of driftwood on the shore.
>>
>>9353040
Nigger you want a good photo job? Stop shooting cosplayers and spend time working with normal jills and joes who will pay money. Build a business. Cosplayers are not in anyone's business plan.
>>
>>9355585
he's a troll. GWC. don't waste your time on him.
>>
File: wpupladkatsu-5.jpg (284KB, 800x533px)
wpupladkatsu-5.jpg
284KB, 800x533px
>>9355769
Holy shit you're right. This is madness.
>>
>>9355840
I've taken a few pics there, my techniques were still noobish at the time and I wasn't properly using flashes, but I think they still came out moderately well.
>>
Some photos from different photographers
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>9356574
Dani? Looks weird with shooped cheeks.
>>
>>9356574
damn. she's cute. nice lighting. i would pay money for this
>>
>>9356574
face barely lit
>>
>>9357061
he went to eugene's school of photography
>>
>>9357172
At least look at Ruby's other work before comparing him to Eugene
>>
>>
>>9356574
Wtf happened to her face? Photographers need to stop pushing their body ideals. I didn't even recognize Dani at first
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-19-00-28-01.png (192KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-19-00-28-01.png
192KB, 1080x1920px
>>9322887
I guess he has nothing better to do.
>>
>>9352930
This was the beast Katsucon evar!!!
>>
Katsucon's over! Where's the photos! I want to see what photos are up now from paid photographers
>>
>>9363897
it's been 1 day and the only people who punch stuff out that fast are the free photographers who just vomit everything they took
>>
>>9363897
Saw a couple of them posting photos already, will have to see if I can find them again, but they were in the photography groups
>>
>>9363897

You are the worst kind....
>>
>>9363897
>>
Here's a few
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>9364246
considering some photographers literally just click and dump, I'm sure plenty already have a bunch of photos up
>>
>>9363897
When I cosplayed, I loved AFansView just to see what I looked like in normal con circumstances.

So many strobe/flash photographers this year. If the weather hadn't been wonderful, imagine all of them taking space up inside. If Katsucon is renting rooms just to get certain spaces they should charge for spaces for portraits.
>>
>>9364520
>strobe/flash

What's up with that? Last year hotel staff would jump anyone with a stand. This year I saw stands everywhere.
>>
>>9364585
The amount of, not just equipment, but also helpers to get 1 type of photo of 1 person is just really annoying to me. There were a small number of groups doing this in distant/out of the way spots outsides and that is completely fine, but this fuckers taking all the space and time at locations like: bottom of stairwells (indoor and out)/the tall grass, the rounded stone wall with foliage in the front, THE CORNERS OF THE DOCKS, is goddamn annoying. Thank-you for jeopardizing locations and also being in the back of everyone else's photos.
>>
>>9364585
Yeah I noticed the abundance of lightstands and shit. I did see a staff member tell one photog that shit wasn't allowed. I think it's just a case of too many photogs being dicks and not having enough staff to tell them to cut that shit out, but I at least they're still trying.
>>
>>9331520
I'm sorry, I'm a newfag. A friend of mine runs around with this guy and I've heard rumors that he's fucking awful. Can someone shoot me some reading material or give me the low-down before I end up in the same room with him?
>>
>>9364460

Either some of those photographers are skilled enough to be able to pump out their work or they're the worst kind.

That said, not every photographer is a high level professional or has enough time on their hands.
>>
>>9364600
this. Dan seiter is the worst. he takes up so much space with his stands and always take forever to shoot.

any other offenders?
>>
>>9364600
Don't worry Anna Fischer is going to tell them off. She's arranged to have a meeting with the con heads on behalf of the cosplay community.
>>
>>9365270
oh lord
>>
>>
Apparently this guy was getting stopped by other cosplay photographers and giving tips on improving their work
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>9365776
What the hell is that, a 10mm fisheye on a full frame for a portrait? The distortion is comical
>>
>>
The motion blur on the lamp is killing me
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>9365776
Why would a photographer think anyone would look good with huge legs and a tiny head?
>>
>>9365776

I had to look at this again with >>9365784 and
>>9365808 's comments.

Makes revisiting the comment that much funnier. Would recommend everyone do the same.
>>
>>9365850
Those whites and highlights... Details are gone in like a full third of the image.

That distortion, too... It makes me sad.
>>
>>9365776
Such a awe inspiring image, the photographer is really a master of the craft
>>
>>9366334
I have no art training to tell me what my eyes are supposed to look at, can one of you enlighten me?
I think the Gazebo is more important, look at the all mighty gazebo that just happens to have someone in the way of it.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>9366334
no he's not! WTF you smoking?
>>
>>9368064
If you listen closely you can hear the joke flying over your head.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.