[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coord Help Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 99

File: 1470584208900.jpg (629KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470584208900.jpg
629KB, 600x800px
New Coord Help Thread since the other one is saging and a hot mess.
Old thread: >>9126081
If you're new to lolita I recommend reading here first before posting: http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/
>>
File: 909497308.jpg (256KB, 800x676px) Image search: [Google]
909497308.jpg
256KB, 800x676px
some ideas for >>9151119
>>
>>9151391
Burn everything but be bag.
>>
>>9151391
Holy shit stop posting this girl to every single thread. We all know this isn't her posting anymore. You're trying so hard to spam this picture all over /cgl/... how have the mods not banned you yet...
>>
First babe's coord
I want to make Frisk inspired <3
Do you have any tips? (please not very expensive)
Thanks!!!!!!
>>
File: 3427676725.png (187KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
3427676725.png
187KB, 500x384px
>>9151402
Ooops dropped file
>>
>>9151404
This is a hot mess, anon. None of this looks good together. Also just because something is AP doesn't mean it belongs in a lolita coord. That cutsew is not lolita.
>>
>>9151408
Brands make cutsews for a reason anon... Also I saw them wearing with lolita a lot
>>
>>9151387
Thank you, this is very helpful.

I apologies for my ignorance but I have no idea what the object pictured on the far left is. I have some theories but could you help me out?
>>
>>9151418
I though so but there was something nagging at me that made me doubt that, I defiantly feel stupid.
>>
>>9151412
You can't be this retarded. You posted here asking for tips. I'm telling you that cutsew is not going to work. AP sells casual clothing like that cutsew and it is not meant to be paired with the skirt you chose. Stop acting like you know what you're talking about.
>>
File: color choices.png (1MB, 1842x832px) Image search: [Google]
color choices.png
1MB, 1842x832px
trying to put together a coord. I have the blouse on the right, but in the color pictured on the blouse in the middle. it's the floral notebook's "cream" color which is more like a light, pastel yellow. does it look okay color-wise with the salopette or should I just go for a white one? and if it does, what color(s) should I look at for shoes?
>>
File: YajuTGT[1].gif (961KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
YajuTGT[1].gif
961KB, 245x250px
>I think I'd like to give some criit in the coord help thread today
man fuck you guys
>>9151546
The cut of the blouse is cute, but definitely do white instead of cream. I think you're tying to channel the egg yolks but it'll just look like you can't match whites.
As for other colors, I'd say just try to do the basic scheme of picking a neutral for the blouse and legwear (white in this case) and an accent color (brown, red, maybe white again). for the shoes and bag. I'd love to see this dress with a red beret.
>>
>>9151558
I guess that's why I'm asking because like I said, the blouse isn't a cream color - like it's just straight up yellow. So I wasn't sure if maybe it was different enough to not look like I was shit at matching whites. Re-ordering this blouse in white is probably a smart choice anyway. Brown shoes are a good idea, I'll have to try and find a cute pair.
>>
>>9151437
>corbis
Normalfag.
>>
If a jsk is pretty much all black and doesn't have any white in it, is it still fine to wear a white blouse and white socks/tights with it? Or am I pretty much forced to wear black, or at least colors in the actual main piece? I'm not talking goth style.

I guess this question extends to color coordinating your main piece in general with a color that's not in it, and when taking a color is considered shoe-horning. I'm not including my 20 shades of different pinks I somehow can't ever match.
>>
>>9151561
Not the first anon, but I think it would be best to go with white blouse as she said. Yellow is pretty small detail in the print and it would look a bit funny with green. Other anon had good suggestions but I have to disagree on the red. The print don't apparently have it so it would make the coord a bit busy: it's not horrible but you have plenty of colors to work with. I would probably go with white legwear and brown shoes and bag. Other accent color could be dusty pink, for example. Beret sounds an adorable idea and you can pin other accessories to it. Good luck with your coordinate!
>>
>>9151595
It absolutely fine. Think how you would wear a white blouse with an all pink jsk. Shoehorning generally means when you have an already busy print and shove a weird accent color in a coordinate which usually don't show in the print at all. Depending on a solid piece you could easily pull a third color but it's not so easy anymore. Two colors, definitely.
>>
File: unnamed.png (226KB, 355x414px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
226KB, 355x414px
What kind of wig would go well with pic related? I am very pale. Also wondering about what blush to use, but that might be a better question for the makeup thread.
>>
>>9151656
Some shade of blonde, perhaps? How pale or dark you are doesn't matter as much as the undertone of your skin and the specific type of blonde that you choose as some will be more flattering than others.
>>
File: hair-color-tones.jpg (28KB, 640x172px) Image search: [Google]
hair-color-tones.jpg
28KB, 640x172px
>>9151656
If dark hair is too harsh on you, an icy/platinum (or if that's too pale, something ashy toned) would look good I think. >>9151659 is right though, undertone is more important when it comes to colors looking flattering. If ash blondes are too cool for you but you still suit blonde, a neutral blonde would probably work. A blonde with a warmer tone would still look nice think but I would probably avoid anything extremely golden.
>>
>>9151414
Based on the watermark, that dress is probably a chinese knockoff because they stole that stock image from atelier boz, just fyi
>>
>>9151404
You can still wear that blouse in my opinion as casual lolita. Just take out the pink accesories and shoes and replace them for sax ones. Stick to white tights and never convine dots with stripes.
>>
>>9151252
I need help with my Soft Cream JSK in sax i want to make something cute af yet mature.
>>
>>9151387
where are the shoes on the left from?
>>
Not related to a specific coord, but does anyone have suggestions for some comfortable lolita shoe options? Ive had knee and ankle problems for a long time and while I like heels, I cant wear them for more than a few hours at a time because they hurt. What are some good options? Can be offbrand or brand, doesn't matter to me.
>>
>>9151920
Classic and occasionally sweet.
>>
File: IMG_20160820_142530440.jpg (931KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160820_142530440.jpg
931KB, 1456x2592px
This is less of a specific coord question, but a more general one. I love this hat and I've had it sitting as a decoration for a while. I'd love to actually wear it, but I can't figure out where to even begin. The velvet makes it look too fall/winter-like for summer outfits, and the straw makes it look too summery up against more velvet or a fall/winter coord. Is this doomed to sit on my shelf forever?
>>
>>9151795
They're 'Baby Doll Mary Jane Boots' by TUK

TUK make some amazing shoes, some are fantastic for gothic/punk lolita but can get a bit pricey.
>>
>>9151992
I think it's a spring/summer hat anon, you could probably wear it on a warm, sunny autumn day too - it's actually pretty versatile.
>>
File: 5d7bf3d0e.jpg (276KB, 720x483px) Image search: [Google]
5d7bf3d0e.jpg
276KB, 720x483px
for this anon >>9141675

I had another quick go and I think it's now closer to what I was trying to get at
>>
>>9151546
I would use a white blouse to match the lace and trim of the dress, burgandy/ wine red could also be an option but maybe that's too christmassy.
Brown shoes to match the print would look good and you could pair a brown bag with them too.

>>9151787
I think a good way to make it more mature looking would be to wear a cardigan or bolero on top, maybe in white/beige or pink? And instead of tea parties or other traditionally cutesy shoes you could wear more simple styled heels in a neutral.

>>9151916
Depends on what style you're looking for. I'd check out the offbrand thread for some discussion on options.
What I usually do is get .5-1 size up and wear insoles in them.
Some flat shoes you can wear are oxfords, mary janes, and tea parties.
>>
>>9151402
I Dont know what Frisk is but never do a themed/inspired coord as your first. You need to get a basic lolita coord down first, otherwise you are more likely to look like a hot mess. If you still want to go for the color combo then I suggest a sax blouse and a cute pink bolero. Also you need to make sure that the colors are balanced throughout the whole coord, so if you are wearing mostly sax, but have pink headdress and shoes, then have a pink bag and some pink clips, maybe some sax in your hair as well.
>>
>>9152023
thanks so much! I need them in my life
>>
>>9151404
Replace the pink shoes, socks and hairbow with blue ones and this would be super cute

>10/10 would wear on a casual outing
>>
File: help.jpg (123KB, 634x501px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
123KB, 634x501px
Just a quick question, but do you think this dress would look nice with this headdress?

Rectangle headdresses are under loved
>>
File: 1iw62912-s-04-dl.jpg (28KB, 345x437px) Image search: [Google]
1iw62912-s-04-dl.jpg
28KB, 345x437px
>>9153227
Nah, the dress is a more modern cut and material. If you really want a headdress instead of a bow, consider a slimmer, more classic headdress, or maybe switch to a small canotier.
>>
File: tumblr_n2rbr2c5ML1sghgbdo1_500.gif (989KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2rbr2c5ML1sghgbdo1_500.gif
989KB, 500x281px
>>9153262
That's fucking cute! Thanks anon!

It's also come to my attention that this dress is actually blue so there goes that plan
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 250x333px
I recently bought pic related and would like warm weather blouse or cardigan suggestions. I'm going for a more gothic look if that helps.
>>
>>9154198
I think a cotton high neck blouse would work with this in black, white, or maybe wine if you want to add some color.
>>
File: 910006086_788e660994f6657c.jpg (612KB, 629x963px) Image search: [Google]
910006086_788e660994f6657c.jpg
612KB, 629x963px
>>9154198
I think blouses like this would look good
>>
>>9154232
>>9154198
>warm weather
Short sleeve bolero.
>>
>>9154270
>what is a short sleeved blouse
>>
>>9154269
I'm an idiot and read the request as 'to stay warm' rather than for 'warm weather'. Ah well.
>>
>>9154270
>>9154275
I was thinking more specific. I've been looking for a high necked short sleeved blouse but keep coming up empty.
>>
>>9151404
like >>9151751 said, take out the pink and replace with sax and you'll have a cute casual coord. otherwise the pink just looks shoehorned in. i'm not liking how those shoes look shape-wise either.
>>
>>9154585
If you want something new I'd check IW or taobao, for used then keep an eye on out on lm, mercari, an yj sales.
>>
File: coordhelp.jpg (443KB, 994x640px) Image search: [Google]
coordhelp.jpg
443KB, 994x640px
Trying to figure out a slightly fancier coord. Pictured are AATP bustle babydoll JSK and BTSSB Raphael blouse both in black chiffon. Not sure what direction to go in with headwear or shoes. I was considering a bonnet, but 3F seems unavailable online other than through Shopinwonderland and fuck that site, or something like AATP's rosary round head dress style head bow but with tulle lace instead of torchon to match the blouse and JSK (having trouble sourcing this).
>>
File: casual.jpg (275KB, 1008x600px) Image search: [Google]
casual.jpg
275KB, 1008x600px
Would this work as a super casual/toned down coord for a museum visit? I opted for a turtleneck so it could pass off as just normie fashion but I'm not sure if that works.
>>
>>9154685
3F bonnets are overpriced for what they are anyway, I'd check what other brands have and secondhand sales. The round headdress sounds like a good idea but something like a veil/ partial veil or black flowers would be options too.
For the rest of the coord look for a nice necklace or choker and match with bracelets. Either a black top handle handbag or vintage style chain bag would be nice and for the shoes maybe lumiere heels?

>>9154930
Yeah this is fine for casual. It would be better if you had a more detailed cutsew top though.
>>
>>9154944
Lumieres look great for the shoes, thank you very much! The blouse has thick chiffon neck ties, so I was just going to tie those and wear bracelets. Thank you for the helpful bag suggestions as well, anon!
>>
>>9154685
Don't do brown and black together
>>
File: images (12).jpg (5KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
5KB, 208x242px
Maybe this isn't the right thread, but I recently badly sprained my knee and will have to wear pic related to a meet. Is there any way to make it cute while still being obviously medical and not a weird ita accessory? Or am I silly for wanting a cute brace anyway? By the way, the coord is red, pink, and white.
>>
>>9155250
The blouse just looks brown in the picture because it's been lightened to show detail. Both of the items are a true black :)
>>
>>9155335

Put a bow on it so that if anyone says anything you can be like, "It's got a bow, it's lolita." That's an exaggeration but if it's medically necessary and people give you shit for it then they're assholes. We don't ask people to make their canes and wheelchairs kawaii. You're not silly, though. I'd put a bow on it or if you have time, some lace trim would be cute (but might be too garter-ish).
>>
>>9155335
put a little white ruffle on each end!
>>
>>9154930
Just a heads up, the shoes transfered red pigment onto my socks when I first wore them. I would recommend going with a few throwaway pairs before pairing them with anything nice, or putting them in a garment bag and washing them on the delicates cycle on their own.
>>
>>9155335
i have to wear one of these pretty regularly, i just wear it under my tights. it's a bit bulky, but at least it's not a glaring black splodge.
>>
Not exactly a coordinate question but a general wardrobe question -- do you gulls think it'd be better to buy a skirt for the first piece (casual, easier to mix & match for the cons) or go for a JSK? I'm torn between a couple of different pieces for my first burando acquisition and I'm just at a loss for what the best move is?
>>
>>9156958
It's up to you but I find JSKs the easiest since balancing the colors and looking put together less is finicky than with a skirt. Skirts are usually cheaper though if you're worried about spending a lot on your first piece.
>>
>>9157069
Thanks! I'm a bit motivated by price but also just wanting to get a solid coordinate done and don't want to start until I've got at least the skirt/jsk in my possession.
>>
File: 1320.jpg (230KB, 689x516px) Image search: [Google]
1320.jpg
230KB, 689x516px
Could anyone help out with the jsk in pic related? I normally wear gothic so my tastes tend to be on the darker side but I found it too cute (and cheap!) to pass up. I was trying to find a way of adding a hint of dark without it clashing with the sweet print design. I'd like to try to pair it with black accents/accessories but I'm not sure I'm really feein' it or if it's working - it looks kinda shoehorned in to me.

Failing all that, I'd be happy with just wearing it in a slightly mature, less typically sweet way.
>>
File: jsk01.jpg (57KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
jsk01.jpg
57KB, 900x900px
>>9157295
here's a better pic of the print
>>
>>9157295
That dress looks more casual than lolita. Is there even room for a petticoat? I'd honestly start from scratch with a new dress. It's more otome/normie than lolita.
>>
>>9156958
JSK. It's easier to coord with and you'll find its easier to wear too. Not to mention you can use it in more different ways than a skirt.
>>
File: Masquerade-coord.jpg (892KB, 1420x1252px) Image search: [Google]
Masquerade-coord.jpg
892KB, 1420x1252px
Looking for help on legwear + blouse on this one. Fell in love with the skirt in the grey colorway & preordered, thinking maybe some kind of wine-toned blouse/socks? Would that be too much red and should I do black blouse/socks instead and think about doing wine-toned shoes/bag instead?
>>
File: bunny-lolita.jpg (64KB, 180x312px) Image search: [Google]
bunny-lolita.jpg
64KB, 180x312px
>>9157299
It's on the casual side but does fit a petticoat. I'm also up for styling it in a more otome-like manner. Whatever works really.
>>
>>9157295
The black is definitely looking out of place to me, I think you could coord this in a more classic way though.
I suggest using brown oxford heels and a brown satchel or top handle bag-- something simple rather than in a shape to keep it mature.
For headwear you can wear a straw boater or roll brim hat with a wine ribbon or flowers.
Then instead of the black necklace you can use gold or bronze to match the print.

>>9157390
Man I know it's part of the set but that headdress is so tragic looking.
I think it would be appealing if you used mostly black with pops of red in accessories. One idea is black blouse, socks, shoes, and bag, and then red headwear, necktie on the blouse or brooch, and sock pattern.
A high neck, long sleeved blouse would work nicely. Not sure if chiffon or cotton is better for this, when you get the skirt I think it'd be either to figure it out.
For legwear I wonder if black sheer striped tights would work or if it would clash with the skirt? Otherwise black otks with a red flower pattern would be good.
>>
>>9157513
Yeah, I was also a little hesitant on the headdress so if I get it and hate it I'll probably try and find something else to wear instead. I do have a few black blouses already, but I wasn't sure how much black was too much when there's other colors in the print. Thanks for the suggestions!
>>
>>9157390
I think wine blouse and legwear would be fine as long as the legwear wasn't just a solid block of wine red, and had some pattern or texture to it (e.g. striped texture to echo the stripes in the skirt)
>>
>>9157513
thanks anon, this kinda echoes my thoughts regarding the wine/burgundy jsk so that's reassuring. I think a dark chocolatey brown is definitely the way to go, and I like the idea of bronze accessories - thanks!
>>
File: coordidea.jpg (525KB, 1000x647px) Image search: [Google]
coordidea.jpg
525KB, 1000x647px
I've had this dress for about 5 years and I cant't do much with it because of how low cut it is & my large bust. Trying to figure out a way to coord it with a sleeveless blouse like pic shown to cover up? Excuse the bad shop job I did there.
>>
File: 16-08-25-23-36-19-262_deco.jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
16-08-25-23-36-19-262_deco.jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
What should I do. Rock it anyways?
>>
>>9158918
Rock it. AP socks never match the dress anyhow.
>>
>>9158918
I'm sorry to everyone, my phone posts photos for giants.
>>
File: black-lace-trim-tank-top-cami.jpg (10KB, 298x400px) Image search: [Google]
black-lace-trim-tank-top-cami.jpg
10KB, 298x400px
>>9158895
I think the blouse kinda ruins the neckline in all honesty. I would be tempted to rock it anyway, lewd cleavage an' all (since it's a mature look anyway) or just find a square neck spaghetti strap vest with really nice lace that sits just above the dress neckline.

Another option could be a simple slim fitting high neck, long sleeve blouse if the dress arms aren't too tight, I think that might actually look better than the sleeveless kind - hell if it's good enough for Mana...
>>
File: 51hW4nr0pFL._UL1500_.jpg (72KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
51hW4nr0pFL._UL1500_.jpg
72KB, 1000x1500px
Are these lolli able? They're the only gold pair of shoes I have until my bodyline order arrives.
>>
>>9161684
A good rule to go by is that if you have to ask, it's probably not.
>>
>>9161684
I'd say no. You might be able to get away with it if you switch the straps out for ribbons (satin or organza) but different shoes are a better choice.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 270x354px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 270x354px
My sister bought me this skirt last year and I still have to wear it. I find it hard to wear it in a total white outfit, so I'd like to find a third color to add to the white and gold. Any suggestion? I was thinking about a dark blue or green...
>>
File: what to do.png (201KB, 599x269px) Image search: [Google]
what to do.png
201KB, 599x269px
I don't know if casual coords are okay or if this should go in a different thread, but I'm looking for something casual with the milky planet skirt. open to other pastel shoe suggestions.
>>
File: Halloweengurocoordinate.png (387KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Halloweengurocoordinate.png
387KB, 800x600px
working on a guro-themed coordinate for a festival this October/possibly for Halloween and wanted some feedback? Feels pretty solid in my opinion, but it doesn't hurt to get a second opinion.
>>
>>9163038
oh and I probably won't be getting that specific hairbow, I already have one similar OR I might make a new one for the coordinate.
>>
File: coord.jpg (612KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
coord.jpg
612KB, 1280x800px
Anything I can do to improve this, gulls? Also, hairstyle ideas would be nice.
>>
>>9159301
That looks even worse.
>>
File: swang.jpg (88KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
swang.jpg
88KB, 700x700px
Hey anons. I need coord ideas for Meta's Swan Garden JSK in light blue. I've worn it with a white short-sleeved blouse and white socks and white wristcuffs and a straw hat, but I'm stuck on other ideas. Would pink be cute with this? Help please!
>>
>>9163061
I personally like the left tights over the right one but I can't tell if your headpiece is cream or white. I would avoid anything leaning towards white and instead go with cream. It also might not be a bad idea to bring out more of the maroons or golds/browns in the print so it doesn't look so blocky.

Also not a fan of the pom poms on the shoes with this. Are they detachable?
>>
>>9163108
Yes, they are detachable! Thank you for the advice, anon!
>>
>>9162032
I dunno, to me this would be best in all white/gold. If you had to add another color a blue shade would look nicest.

>>9162957
Wear a cutsew in pink and otks or short socks.

>>9163038
Use an actual lolita blouse instead of the cheap normie thing you have here.

>>9163061
I actually wonder if using red or brown shoes would work better with the colors, since the tight options you have here are both light/beige.
If you haven't bought the tights yet then maybe you can consider a color option instead. Definitely add in red/maroon/brown somewhere though.
Also you could add some wristwear and jewelry. I think white wristcuffs and a gold necklace should work.
>>
>>9163108
>>9163373 Thank you for the idea, gulls! I switched out the beige shoes for pic related.
>>
>>9163102
Pink or lavender
>>
File: 1471792379167.jpg (203KB, 1143x700px) Image search: [Google]
1471792379167.jpg
203KB, 1143x700px
Trying to figure out my Halloween coord. I'm going to be wearing shironuri with it which has stumped me on the legwear because I feel plain white tights would be too boring but I need something really opaque to maintain the illusion of white skin (and it's very hot where i live. I'm not sure layering tights is a good idea) The tulle skirt is a petticoat (but I'm probably going to layer it with another one) and the bloomers are meant to be peeking
Are the shoes too sweet? They're baby's Victoire shoes in black
>>
File: 5674679_orig.jpg (53KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
5674679_orig.jpg
53KB, 500x600px
Going to a Halloween meet and I'm wondering if I could make this dress work. I am in the process of making a pair of small bat wings (Can't decide on pink or brown so I'm making two pairs.) Shoes are basic cream tea parties. Blouse is also cream. I'll post progress pictures soon but does the idea sound silly? Should I play it safe and wear something else?
>>
File: C360_2013-05-11-09-50-55-066.jpg (223KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
C360_2013-05-11-09-50-55-066.jpg
223KB, 900x1600px
Got this bodyline dress for $5 and have no idea what colors to pair with it? every who has it seems to wear with just white and looks kind of silly to me but I'm not very fashionable
>>
File: 66543579[1].jpg (113KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
66543579[1].jpg
113KB, 550x550px
>>9163709
That "petticoat" doesn't look like it's going to be able to hold up velvet. Yyou're also mixing a lot of different textures here, do all the blacks match properly? As for legwear, try looking at abilletage, they might have something that could work.
>>
>>9163738
Why would you pair bat wings with donuts??
>>
>>9163885
She's going as the diabetes fairy
>>
>>9163765
Is it grey or the odd plum? Btw I have had that dress and it was actually quite good piece for BL so good luck getting it that cheap! If it's the gray you could go with black or maybe pink. Balancing those colors depends a lot what accessories you would wear with it and what kind of style you are going to. I think also red would work but as I said it depends. Black would be the safest option.
>>
>>9163765
That dress is a tricky shade to match so using all white makes sense honestly. If you don't want to do that then you could use dark brown or black for the shoes and bag instead.
>>
>>9163765
I'd pair it with white but use dark brown accessories/accents to help the whole thing 'pop'

You could also mod a hat or headdress with some ribbon in the same color as the jsk - you'll have a much easier time matching ribbon than clothing items
>>
>>9163738
I think you should just go full on doughnuts/sweet treats fairy

it is Halloween after all. also maybe check out some ott AP photos for inspiration.
>>
>>9163065
You wouldn't even notice it anon if all you could see was a small strip of lace poking out from the neckline and nothing else, I've done similar things and it looks fine, you can't even tell it's a cami at all.
>>
>>9163889
OP here: correct
>>9164173
Thanks for the advice! I like the idea of donut fairy a lot more so I'm gonna go with that. I'm also making pic related (Different colors) for a group thing so I got obsessed with the bat look.
>>
File: EjpaDA5.jpg (123KB, 1200x1177px) Image search: [Google]
EjpaDA5.jpg
123KB, 1200x1177px
Im wanting to do lolita for the first time...but i dont know where to start. I was going to mix it in with Reaper from OverWatch for a videogame convention. I know I want a pink dress that is similar to this picture, but I don't want it to look shitty as if i got it from Walmart. I would rather not spend more than $200... any advice would be greatly appreciated ....or where i can buy some reasonable similar pieces.
>>
>>9164633
b8
>>
>>9164634
What? No.
>>
>>9164635
are you kidding? it's some of the weakest b8 I've seen in these threads for a while.

>Costume Lolita
>don't want to spend over $200
>>
>>9164636
If you didn't read my post I'm new to the fashion please enlighten me how much it should cost and where I should go to purchase it then
>>
>>9164637
I'll "enlighten" you with two words.

Lurk. More.
>>
>>9164638
Ass
>>
>>9164639
Kek. B8 confirmed.
>>
>>9164633
Try bodyline.jp
Don't listen to that fat whale whos jealous of your idea. HORK HORK HORK
>>
>>9164662
b8
>>
File: there was an attempt.png (29KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
there was an attempt.png
29KB, 480x480px
>>9163373
>Wear a cutsew in pink and otks or short socks.

That's vague
>>
File: FB_IMG_1472725491737.jpg (77KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1472725491737.jpg
77KB, 720x960px
Looking for concrit on this.
I posted a similar coord to CoF a while back, but I've made a couple small changes since then.
I wore it a week or so ago and it just felt....off.
Besides my petti majorly deflating from travelling, why does this feel so off balance to me?

>Inb4 ugly Bodyline skirt
I was traveling so and didn't want to bring a ton of burando
>>
>>9167583
It looks good to me, besides the deflated petti, though, I dunno if it's the lighting but I think the shoes are a bit too bright cherry red for the red in the skirt.
>>
File: thats some bait for sure.png (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
thats some bait for sure.png
6KB, 200x200px
>>9164640
>>9164677
>>9164638
>>
>>9167583
I think there is nothing majorly wrong with this and it's actually really cute but if I suggested sometjing ut would be to work with color balance. Your top needs more blue and head a bit of white but to be honest it think it's fine. If you want you could try blue blouse with white details or try to, for example, decorate the blouse you are wearing with tiny blue ribbons.
>>
I saw this jsk and really like it, anyone know who it is?
>>
>>9167877
It's shit
>>
>>9163709
If you're going to show your bare hands there's no point getting too preoccupied with the white skin illusion.
>>
>>9167877
Quality in lolita isn't just based on the materials used, although you can tell that dress is made of cheap materials especially the lace. Look at the drape of the skirt, the weird cut of the bodice and how flat the lace is.

Use that dress as inspiration to find a better dress in a similar style. It's not worth trying to find this milanoo-esque monster.
>>
>>9164697
don't come here if you want people to spoonfeed you exact items faggot

>>9167583
I think I remember seeing this on cof, it's a pretty cute coord for bodyline.
My suggestion would be adding a red bag of some kind, I know bodyline has a strawberry bag you can get cheaply but a plain one would work too.
I'm a little iffy on the striped legwear too, it doesn't look bad but I wonder if there's a better option for white otks with a sax pattern or something?
Also I'd try this without the pompoms on the shoes, I don't think they really add anything.
>>
File: s526-2.jpg (301KB, 700x1100px) Image search: [Google]
s526-2.jpg
301KB, 700x1100px
Will these shoes look good with the Bodyline carousel skirt? Both are in sax.
>>
>>9168311
Those shoes are closer to teal than sax irl.
>>
>>9168315
Thanks for letting me know. Which shoes would work better instead?
>>
Same Bodyline carousel anon here, instead of getting sax shoes I think I'll actually wear my pink shoes and get a pink blouse. But all the Bodyline blouses I want are sold out in pink for my size. Which pink Bodyline blouses are the highest quality and would look good with the carousel skirt in sax? My bust size is around 101 cm.
>>
File: yummy-bear-claws.jpg (31KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
yummy-bear-claws.jpg
31KB, 550x366px
>>9163738
Could you maybe make some stuffed bearclaws for wings?
>>
>>9168447
This is a really cute idea but I'd be careful to decorate them with fake almonds or some kind of coating because otherwise it could just wind up looking like you have feet attached to your back.
>>
>>9168447
and a donut halo
>>
Would a first Otome coord be ok to add here?
>>
>>9168618
Just do it. Or the otome thread if there is one at the moment.
>>
>>9167778
That's probably true. Do you think brown shoes would work better?

>>9167869
Thank you! I was wondering this myself....it seems like there is just SO MUCH white on the blouse and not very much elsewhere in the coord but I wasn't sure how to fix this

>>9168000
I have an usakumya on my back, but you're probably right on a red bag being better.
The socks were an attempt to try to balance out the blue in the coord because it felt like there was far too much white in the coord before. I'll try to find some with a little less blue

Thanks anons!
>>
File: 364772.jpg (179KB, 914x612px) Image search: [Google]
364772.jpg
179KB, 914x612px
I just got these two on the mail and I want to make a Hufflepuff inspired coord for Halloween, I am planing on sewing a replica of some blouse but I can't make up my mind on what would look better.
If you were kind enough will you suggest a blouse and maybe some legwear and shoes? Thank you so much!
>>
>>9152030
Where them shoes from?
>>
File: Untitled.png (206KB, 469x592px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
206KB, 469x592px
I'm still pretty new to lolita, and I just got my first JSK. I'm a bit stuck, though. I tried on a few blouses, and I wasn't really happy with how any of their collars looked underneath, since a lot of them felt repetitive or didn't match well. What kind of blouse should I be looking for with this kind of dress collar?

Are there any popular dresses with this style collar so I can look at how some others have coorded it?
>>
File: SquareNeckTulleBlouse-White.jpg (28KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
SquareNeckTulleBlouse-White.jpg
28KB, 250x333px
>>9174766
Try a blouse with a high collar or a square neckline or, alternatively, wear a bolero instead of a blouse.
>>
File: 162705-m-14-dl.jpg (26KB, 345x437px) Image search: [Google]
162705-m-14-dl.jpg
26KB, 345x437px
>>9174766
If you're actually going to get this dress the collar is detachable so you can coord it with any blouse you like. But really any high collar will look good. Avoid peter-pan collars.
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 1024x513px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 1024x513px
>>9169668
does this even need a blouse? it looks like an OP. if anything, I'd sew a cute cloak or capelet. I think oxfords or something similar with a more pointed vs rounded tip would be cute, or pic related (with some metallic accessories for necklace/etc. to balance the buckle out) I'd also get some black wrist gloves with lace at the ends with maybe a badger ring or something of the sort ? I'd use some translucent black tights with a plainer pattern on them (subdued lace or something like pic related, but not straight up blatant lace tights since that would be overwhelming when combined with the dress. I think I'd add a ribbon or sash in the same color of the dress to the hat to tie the color together.
>>
>>9174813
I noticed it was detachable, but I really like the collar. Thank you though!
>>
File: blouse.jpg (37KB, 363x508px) Image search: [Google]
blouse.jpg
37KB, 363x508px
>>9169668
Like the other anon said, you could wear this without a blouse but I think something in chiffon with flowy sleeves could be a good match. Like either a 3/4 hime sleeve or something gathered at the wrists like pic related. Either a high or square neckline should work. If you go with the square neck then find one with/ sew neckties or add a choker maybe.
For legwear, black lace or gold patterned tights may be an idea, and then for shoes witchy boots or chunky mary janes should be cute.
As an extra maybe you can consider a wand holster as a belt or on your leg.
>>
File: bat cape.png (446KB, 474x750px) Image search: [Google]
bat cape.png
446KB, 474x750px
>>9169668
Antique beast make a bat cape, I'd go with that over a blouse. Their version is quite short so if you can sew your own I'd make it a little bit longer.

If you want to go with a blouse, anything with a square neck and princess sleeves will work nicely.
>>
>>9174911
instead of a blouse*

but if you wanted to do both you could make it work
>>
>>9174911
I have this cape and love it. It is a little short so no blouse/sleeves would make it show up better.

I'm not sure when Antique Beast opens again but at this point it might not even make it in time for Halloween. If you can sew and wanted to make something in the first place then just make your own cape but I think it's fine with no blouse/cape in the first place.
>>
File: hot mess.png (3MB, 963x1392px) Image search: [Google]
hot mess.png
3MB, 963x1392px
Okay so I asked for help in the lolita general first but this might be a better place for it.

I have super varied varied taste, and it's a problem. I wanna start building a closet, but I never know what kind of pieces I wanna get.. I love sweet, gothic and classic, and one day, I'll be 100% that gothic is what I wanna go with, and the next day I will have completely changed my mind.

Someone suggested I should choose a color theme rather than a substyle, which I think might work a bit better. The only problem is that I like dresses in all different colors..

I made a collage (it was supposed to be small but it got kinda out of hand) with some of my favorite dresses, and I was hoping I could get some help with deciding what or which color theme/s I should go with. It sounds silly but I feel like even just having someone tell me something would help me stick with one thing.

Sorry if this is kinda dumb, I'm just really lost, and if someone would help me it would mean a lot to me
>>
>>9174911
>>9175312

Bunny House makes boleros with a similar bat shape and they're having a 15% off sale for orders of 3 items or less.
>>
>>9180455
Most of these are gothic/classic so you do seem to have little bit of a bias anon!
>>
>>9180455
Get versatile legwear, blouses, purses and shoes (in black, offwhite, white and brown), and then you can have it all. I too have a diverse wardrobe, and when I add a new piece, I only have to add hair accessories, and sometimes legwear.
>>
File: wardrobe-main.png (403KB, 963x1000px) Image search: [Google]
wardrobe-main.png
403KB, 963x1000px
>>9180455
Hey anon! Thanks for posting this, I love this shit :)

Anyway! I think in order to build a cohesive wardrobe that lets you swing around styles you should start with a relatively small color pallet. Based on what you posted, I would pick three colors: a main, a neutral and a white.

As far as mains go, it looks like you lean pretty heavily toward either purples or reds. Both are very versatile so that's good! Reds might be a little easier to find, but damn to I love some good purple coords. Just make sure that whichever you choose, you try to stick with the same version of the color (ex: true red vs wine vs burgundy etc)
>>
File: wardrobe-neutrals.png (475KB, 963x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wardrobe-neutrals.png
475KB, 963x1200px
>>9180511
>>9180455
For neutrals, it looks like you lean /very/ heavily towards black. Which, again, is very versatile, so you shouldn't have a problem.

I don't feel like playing the "is that white or off white game," but I would just pick one you like and run with it. Since as >>9180499 noted you have more of a classic/gothic bias I would go with either cream or off-white as those might be easier to coord in those styles.

Have fun!!
>>
File: B39OJ202-o1_0.jpg (78KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
B39OJ202-o1_0.jpg
78KB, 480x640px
Hi! I would like to do a orange x black coord for Halloween with Fairy Topialium, but I don't like the results after experimenting with black blouses and underskirts (an underskirt is needed as the scallops make it very short) and diverse legwear and headdresses. It always looks unbalanced, no matter what. Is it faisible?
>>
>>9180521
honestly? I'm going to say no. that's a very brown heavy dress with no black elements... I think it's just always going to look weird coorded with black.

brownxorange might be good. I know it's less halloween-y, but if you work in a few themed pieces it would be cute. maybe go for something like an earthy witch? a fairy?
>>
>>9180521
Don't do it. You're working with a spring/summer print no matter how you spin it and with no dark accents of any kind on the dress it's going to look shoehorned no matter what you do.
>>
>>9180521
I would go orange and brown with pumpkin patch type theme, to fit with the browns and greens and use actual pumpkin orange rather than cheap Halloween accessory orange.
>>
>>9180528
>>9180531
>>9180537
Thanks for your input! It did look shoehorned when I was testing it, and I absolutely want to avoid that, just wanted a second opinion to be sure.
I have already worn it with brown before, and it looked good, I just haven't thought of it as a possible Halloween coord. I might wear that or make another themed coord with another dress if I have a better idea before the meet.
>>
>>9180537
Seconding this.
>>
File: IMG_9138.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9138.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Just got this dress but I've never really done dressed up in full lolita. Can I have some help on what socks, shoes, hair accessories I should wear?
>>
>>9181057
The skirt on that doesn't lok right for lolita. Where is the dress from?
>>
>>9181057
I would be thinking white blouse and lace topped over the knee socks, pink shoes, and pink hairbow plus accessories that reflect the dress print.
>>
I bought this OP a few months ago but am having difficulty finding a cardigan or bolero that works with the collar shape. I think a dark red would look good.
Any suggestions please?
>>
>>9181057
This looks... Really unfortunate.
>>
>>9181057
not lolita. coord it casually with white and red accessories. focus on the cherry theme. red shoes, perhaps white tights with a simple cherry print. but if you want lolita, you need something with a skirt that can fit a petti.
>>
File: IMG_9140.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9140.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
update on dress :/. Anyway I can some how resew the dress properly?
>>
File: IMG_9140 copy.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9140 copy.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
also dress with nothing underneath it. I was hoping maybe I could at least wear some cute socks or put some cute accessories in my hair. I'm starting to thing to find some relating material and resewing the bottom. Or cutting the bottom off and making a skirt.
>>
>>9181076
I think a bolero/cardigan without a collar that either fastens low in the front or is designed to be worn open, but like you I'm having trouble finding one that's not normie (F21 has some open cardigans that look to be the correct shade of red, but are too loose and drapey for lolita).
>>
>>9181103
That doesn't look right to be lolita, the skirt is an odd shape with the tiers, the line of lace and the nature of the print looks odd. That sort of wide border print is meant more for the bottom of the skirt alone. The skirt isn't full enough or the right shape to be lolita. Your best bet is probably to start from scratch. The bag you have it with in the first pic does not work with the dress. I'm sorry to sound so harsh, but this needs a lot of work at the moment.
>>
File: tumblr_nvaf9a3Iih1qbuhibo3_500.jpg (182KB, 1101x628px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvaf9a3Iih1qbuhibo3_500.jpg
182KB, 1101x628px
So I left lolita a few years ago and now I'm getting back in the game. I mainly did classic so really all the bags and accessories I already have are brown , cream, or pink.

I could really use some help finding accessories to go with this. So far all I have is what's in the photo. I do have some pearl accessories as well if I wanted to go that route...

Been browsing lacemarket and lolita sales but haven't really found anything I like to go with it so I'd love some recommendations along with links to buy if possible.
>>
>>9181100
Another anon already addressed the shape issues so I'll leave that alone and give you basic advice to bear in mind when you do make/buy a more appropriate lolita jsk.

The best way to plan accessories/socks/shoes/etc is to do it via color balance with your jsk serving as where you draw your color inspirations from. Ideally you'd want to pick a majorly represented color or colors but don't go overboard (I usually use 2 tops). So with your dress for example I'd probably pull the red or the pink.

With your color picked you now want to think of your body as sections: top, middle, bottom. Each color you picked must be represented at least once in each section to look balanced. So going back to your dress as an example I would pick a red hair accessory, a red bag, and red shoes. If I wanted to add in a second color I'd then do white socks with pink and perhaps a white blouse with pink accents.

Make sure all your colors match or are near matching. Nothing worse than doing this balancing and they're all different shades.

Anyways that's a basic how to pick guide. Bear that in mind when you start over again with a new dress. It'll make shopping a lot easier. Also if you need to ask if an accessory or shoe loliable then it's not so don't bother.
>>
>>9180511
>>9180513
You have no idea how much this means to me, thank you so much <3
I agree that red/wine might be easier, but like you said, purple is a lot of fun, and I think it might suit me better actually.. Oh well, it's something to think about!
Your explanation and collages made everything so much easier for me though, and again, I really appreciate it! Thanks!
>>9180499
>>9180509
Thank you guys too! Just curios for second anon, what purses and shoes would you recommend that is versatile?
Because I feel like a lot of shoes that look good with sweet looks bad with classic or gothic, and the other way around. Same with purses.
>>
>>9181181
Those shoes look awful, I would find something in a more traditionally lolita silhouette (maybe chunky platforms, mary janes, or ballerina flatforms?) instead of normie loafers.
For headwear I think a predominately black headdress accented with a gold moon, star, or cross element would work. Something like a floral bow clip with a mini veil maybe.
I think you can use a plainer black bag with gold metal or accent of some kind but something like a cross or star shaped one would be okay too.
>>
File: babbys first coord.png (172KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
babbys first coord.png
172KB, 500x400px
>babby's first coord

I've bought this much so far... I was thinking a pair of black flocky/lace tights or simple black OTK's for legwear and a black x off-white rose cameo brooch on blouse's bow. I'm clueless about headwear or any other accessories, though. Thoughts? Help?
>>
>>9181616
Your blacks don't match in a way that is pretty noticeable. Perhaps break it up with a different color blouse and legwear
>>
>>9181670
There's like an 80% chance that's just the white balance of each photo. The only thing I'd be a little wary about is the jacket because sometimes velvets have a weird hue to them but it'll probably be fine.
>>
>>9181103
i think you need to press the lace that's between the two teirs to lay down-ways and not stick upward like that
>>
>>9181616
I dont really get the reason you paired these things together. Why go for a skirt like that if you are going to cover up the corset section with the jacket? Why the bag? How are you planning on dealing with your hair? If you are thinking of a rose cameo are you going to add that motif anywhere else?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>9181501

Ahh, I actually have these... I was going to wear them with it but they ran way too small. :/ Waiting for a new pair in the right size...

I'm eyeing a black star bag on ebay that's a replica but not sure if it would look awful irl.
>>
File: image_1353_1024x1024.jpg (36KB, 290x387px) Image search: [Google]
image_1353_1024x1024.jpg
36KB, 290x387px
>>9181616
Black tights with flocking would be good. This isn't bad for a first coord. It's not innovative, but you've picked good pieces that will fit in nicely with a larger wardrobe.
I would suggest running face first into the crown/filigree motif of the bag, maybe get a cameo brooch to pin onto the cravat to tie in the coat.
I really love my TejaJamilla tights, the crown fleur-de-lys ones would look good and would work well with metal accessories you might want to add.
For headwear, there are so many different directions you can go. Maybe a fascinator or a pillbox hat if you want to take it more into a classic/vintage direction. Or just a katyusha, or one of these double clip bows. Pic taken from tokyo rebel, so it's available rn.
>>
>>9181616
I think patterned tights like you mentioned would be a good move, and the brooch sounds nice too. For headwear maybe a beret or other hat like a pillbox could be nice. I guess it depends on what kind of look you want to go for-- more feminine/elegant or academic?
Also yeah make sure your blacks match it's hard to tell from these stock pics.
>>
File: IMG_20160911_210205326.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160911_210205326.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
Is this bag loli-able with Gothic/Classic?
>>
>>9181927
Maybe, if by classic you mean Meta's old school grandma's couch gobelin pieces. I can't imagine this working with anything else, it's not very loliable at all.
>>
>>9181927
Yes, I'd say so. I've seen bags like this work, but it takes finesse.
>>
>>9181935
Yeah, old school Meta was actually very much what I was thinking when I grabbed it. I'm actually all down with the frumpy Victorian shit.
>>
>>9181935
That's because you wear sweet, right?
>>
File: i own.png (576KB, 661x470px) Image search: [Google]
i own.png
576KB, 661x470px
Help me make a coord?
I own this dress and this bolero.
I mean, I own other things too, I just think these two things might look nice together.
I'm new to otome, I don't know what I should be doing with leg and footwear or hair.
Thanks y'all.
>>
>>9182113
If your aiming for otome then I don't think the bolero is suitable. I'd go for a nice cardigan like the ones you see for Leur Getter and ETC.
>>
>>9167899
I always wear gloves for shironuri.
>>9163810
I got a second petticoat (a secondhand Malco modes) and stacked together the shape is great. And I loved the tights you showed me so much that I got them.

Also I might be overreacting about this, but the shoes turned out to be very, very, dark brown instead of a true black, I'm worried about clashing
>>
File: Slytherin coord.png (657KB, 1038x689px) Image search: [Google]
Slytherin coord.png
657KB, 1038x689px
Any feedback on this coord? There's a Harry Potter festival not too far away soon, and I want to make a lolita spin on the slytherin uniform.
I'm tucking the tie into the dress so you'd just see the top of it.
The beret I have has an attachable bow, and I can sew together a different bow if I need to.
My budget for different things is ~$50.
>>
>>9183057
You're going to use a scarf and a tie? Seems a little overkill; the scarf will probably cover the tie up, and scarf with short sleeves will look a bit odd.
The blouse and cardigan both are not suitable for lolita,and the cardigan would cover up your tie.
The shoes would work in a pinch, if you have nothing else, but they look a bit costumey imo.
The silver accents from the slytherin colors don't go with the gold jewelry that you're using; gold and silver usually clash.
The tights are pretty plain, the print on it does't really go thematically.
I'd recommend some silver snake jewelry, rather than the time turner or snitch (?) earrings, as that would seem more "slytherin" themed
The hat is hard to pull off, but if you insist on using it, you should change the bow to something similar to the tie's material
>>
>>9183062
Forgot to add, but the ivory from the JSK will clash if you're using a white blouse.
>>
>>9183062
The festival is mostly outside and it's the end of October, so it'd be very cold. It's been known to snow in October where I'm from.
Any suggestions on what I could use instead with the shoes?
>>
>>9183067
Forgot to mention, that I'm intentionally keeping it on the plain side, because it's based off of a school uniform.
In my experience, any additional clothing (coats, scarves, etc) need to be free of patterns.
>>
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there any good examples of white JSKs coorded with red blouses?
>>
File: 1463010000962.jpg (257KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463010000962.jpg
257KB, 960x720px
>>9183218
Very sparse, but I'm looking.
>>
File: 1434733367606.jpg (261KB, 2048x1471px) Image search: [Google]
1434733367606.jpg
261KB, 2048x1471px
>>9183430
>>
File: 1458844237502.jpg (258KB, 960x828px) Image search: [Google]
1458844237502.jpg
258KB, 960x828px
>>9183434
>>
File: 2046-09576.png (2MB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
2046-09576.png
2MB, 1000x1537px
>>9183438
Eh, all I've really got anon.
>>
File: beter.png (807KB, 790x966px) Image search: [Google]
beter.png
807KB, 790x966px
>>9182113
>>
File: collage.jpg (74KB, 567x402px) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
74KB, 567x402px
Can I get some help? I'm going to be putting together my first coords with brand pieces and I have no clue what to do with these two pieces. I don't know what styles they would fit under.
>>
>>9183430
>>9183434
>>9183438
>>9183443
Those aren't blouses.
>>
>>9183468
You're a twat.
>>
>>9183468
It's what we got, bud
>>
>>9183463
First is sweet, second is classic.
The meta would look good with a retro inspired coord. The IW would look good with neutrals and florals, for a start.
>>
>>9183476
Thank you!
Can I get some advice on what to do with my uppe half with the meta? It's a jsk and usually jsks are worn with blouses, but because that one has a collar, I don't think a blouse would work. Should I go with a cardigan overtop instead?
>>
>>9183479
nayrt but you could wear a collarless blouse or a cardigan/bolero buttoned underneath the dress collar.
>>
>>9183430
>>9183434
>>9183438
>>9183443
Thanks anon for the inspo on how to balance out the white and red in my coord!
>>
File: blouseless.jpg (226KB, 288x534px) Image search: [Google]
blouseless.jpg
226KB, 288x534px
>>9183463
>>9183580
You could also just go blouseless, pic related. JSKs with weird collars like that look fine with no blouse.
>>
File: metateddy.jpg (26KB, 324x418px) Image search: [Google]
metateddy.jpg
26KB, 324x418px
hey all! could I get some help on how to coord this cutsew?
>>
>>9184200
Could you give us some parameters here? You can do a lot with a plain cutsew.
>>
>>9184200
what the last anon said. only advice i have is not to tuck it into a skirt since the print covers the whole front. what's your style?
>>
>>9184209
>>9184218
Shoot sorry, I have a more sweet/old school style. I was thinking of wearing an old school styled black x white skirt, but I'm worried that might look ita.
>>
>>9184226
People are always going to say oldschool is ita its unavoidable sadly. Stick with a b&w colour, a lot will work so long as its good quality. Ofc a b&w skirt is the most obvious but it easy to work. A black skirt could work if you used b&w accessories. Also the shirts print is quite cutesy looking so maybe use a bow instead of a headdress. If your'e really good at coording perhaps a leather or denim jacket would work with the motor shop bear
>>
>>9181616
For a first coord this is a good start! But change the shoes, they oxfords are too plain and look unbalanced. Flocked tights is are great as they are more detail to a plain coord. I think a victorian style hat might work too, or some other large head piece, again for balance. Use a long necklace, I would say perhaps with a crown to match the bag, in gold too. Personally im funny about matching motifs and detail colours so please please keep the crown motif and gold detailing throughout the coord, the rose brooch will look out of place, and if you do want to use a brooch i think it would work better on the jacket. Also i think for your hair a curly updo will look nice, in a light brown or blonde to pop from all the black.
>>
>>9184264
Thanks for the help! I'm thinking of getting a black etc skirt and maybe going with a more casual look. I'll think about the denim jacket I think that idea is really cute.
>>
Maybe this is a silly question but -- does cgl find short sleeve or long sleeve blouses more versatile? I'm working on making a blouse right now and I can't decide which to do.
>>
>>9184501
Depends on your location. If its hot as hell all year you'll probably want short sleeves, but if it gets chilly during the fall or winter having long sleeves (and layers) is the way to go.
>>
>>9184508
Thanks anon. I already have one long-sleeved blouse in the same color, but it can't hurt to have a multitude of white blouses with different sleeve lengths!
>>
What's the verdict on wearing pale, warm pink with auburn hair?
>>
File: hm.png (349KB, 759x472px) Image search: [Google]
hm.png
349KB, 759x472px
It just hit me that my vintage haori and Fantastic Dolly in Black have exactly the same grey and pink (this photo isn't accurate.)

I'm not really certain of how to coord haori with a jsk, though. I've only done it tucked into skirts before.

Any ideas? Is this doomed to fail?
>>
File: image.jpg (266KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
266KB, 1280x1280px
I love this dress, but I'm stuck on actually coordinating it. I want to go with a laid-back, otome-kei sort of vibe; very wearable. The collar on this thing is a little wonky, so I'm not sure if I could get away wearing it as an OP, as well.
>>
>>9186182
Use the bag on the left and bring another red/wine accessory into it!
I'd suggest solid coloured tights/socks, because the print is also so busy.. Definitely not the matching patterned ones.

If you want more of an otome/casual feel and want to cover your shoulders, go for a cardigan or bolero rather than a blouse.
>>
File: image.jpg (171KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171KB, 640x960px
>>9186187
Thanks for the suggestions, anon!

I was thinking of going with a bolero, but seeing this coordinate made me a little iffy on it. I'll try a cardigan.
>>
>>9186151
I think the feel of those two garments is too difficult to make work unless you can somehow unzip FD and wear it like a skirt?
>>
I have this coord in progress but I'm having a really hard time finding a bag I'm happy with. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ideas to improve the rest of it are welcome as well.

(Also please ignore the red socks from the shoe stock image)
>>
>>9186235
I think if the bolero wasn't fastened it would work better.
>>
>>9186235
is the dress really this long? or did she buy a few sizes too big...? in any case she needs a longer petti, dont make the same mistakes anon
>>
File: 16-09-15-17-48-55-689_deco.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
16-09-15-17-48-55-689_deco.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
>>9186785
Are those the An*tai*name brand? As you can see the fake leather backing shows on heel bow when you take photos from the front. I'd go for the one bow version instead much cuter. Yes I learned the hard way. Or if still like then and you have tiny feet I could sell you mine, email in name. (About size 6 but I can look up my invoice and tell you the exact size if you're interested.)
Sorry if the pic is huge I am on my phone.
>>
>>9186819
Yeah, those are the ones. Unfortunately I already bought them quite some time ago and I wouldn't be able to fit yours.
>>
>>9186795
She's the designer so its possible her dress is a custom version.
>>
>>9186841
If I remember correctly, this dress is supposed to be long. She was offering to make custom shorter versions for people who requested them, but the default is long.
>>
File: 2016-09-15-20-35-39_deco.jpg (829KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-15-20-35-39_deco.jpg
829KB, 960x1280px
What type of blouse/s would one wear with dresses that have contrasting collars like these?
>>
>>9187005
High collar (without a neck bow and a small discreet high collar) or really low so that you only see the sleeves
>>
>>9187005
>>9187006
Seconding invisible collar. Alternatively I prefer going blouseless and using a cardigan or bolero to hide the shoulders with this style.

>If you mean colour: White, white, light brown and white respectively.
>>
I have a coord I wanna wear this weekend, but I don't have any headpiece for it...
I have some ribbon and black fabric, any recommendations on something simple I could throw together? Or should I just skip a the headpiece? Or just not wear the coord?
>>
Hey gulls, I'm trying to improve my coording skills -- adding in my "best" coordinate from the past and was wondering if I could get some concrit on it so I can figure out what I did wrong. I can tell what makes all my other previous coordinates ita but I can't figure out what's wrong with this one (other than needing to iron my dress and maybe switching out the cutsew for one with actual puff sleeves and adding headwear). I feel like I'm getting better but I'm not 100% sure and I haven't posted any recent coordinates for that exact reason.
>>
File: coordpicforimprovement.png (490KB, 684x555px) Image search: [Google]
coordpicforimprovement.png
490KB, 684x555px
>>9187634
Ugh dropped the pic.
>>
>>9187637
I hate the tights and your shoes for one. the tights look like they came from a halloween store.

You are wearing an old school jsk and nothing about this coord screams old school to me.

Replace the shoes with classic mary janes, chunkier heels, or a pair of rocking horse shoes and replace the costume tights with some knee socks or even a solid black or white tight.

Everything else you already covered (a better blouse, ironing, headdress), and im not sure what petti you are using but it seems... off to me. I cant really put my finger on it though. It looks to cupcake shaped and most oldschool pieces go for an A-line shape.
>>
>>9187665
They're actually knit OTKs but I get what you're saying. I got a pair of RHS recently and I'll try incorporating those next time I try to do a more oldschool coordinate.

Though, do old school dresses HAVE to be coordinated in an old school manner or can they be used as basic pieces?

That is the same issue I've been having with my petticoat. I don't remember who made it since I bought it some time ago. I keep getting told that the shape of the petticoat is "all wrong" but I can't figure out WHY it's wrong. Am going to be buying a new one as soon as I can, however. Any recommendations? I keep hearing that classical puppets is shit these days/has always been shit, so I'm at a loss.
>>
>>9187637
I agree with >>9187665 but also the necklace and bracelet in that pic do not look lolita at all. I'd invest in better accessories. I'll agree that this is your best coord by far, your others were really bad lol. I'd also get a long wig, it'll help frame your face more. And yeah your petti looks weird. I don't think you need an a-line one for that specific dress, but it does need to be bigger. The skirt portion looks deflated and sad.
>>
>>9187707
Thanks. I'm working on growing my hair out right now (and went back to black hair instead of something unnatural just because black is much easier to match). I'll start working on gathering up more lolita-appropriate accessories.
>>
>>9187686
Are they really? They look exactly like checkerboard tights I had from hottopic lol, but either way I definitely dont like them with this particular dress.

You dont HAVE to do it old school, but it is definitely simplier if you are still learning to coord.

like>>9187707 said, the petti just isnt giving the skirt the right amount of poof. Honestly I have a classical puppets bell petti and I think its just fine! but if you want a real nice petti you should get one from malco modes, even though theyre all a-line pettis theres even a tutorial on how to pin it up into a cupcake petti!
>>
>>9187750
Yup, I got them from Claire's in like 2012 specifically for lolita since harlequin tights/socks were EVERYWHERE back then.

I'll keep that in mind -- old school is my favorite lolita era anyway so it'll probably be easier to stick with that range anyway.

I've been considering malco modes for that exact reason. I think that's what I'll likely end up going with. Thanks a ton, anon!
>>
>>9187826
Malco modes will not do you wrong. I have two of their pettis, jennifer and zooey.

The jennifer petti is huge and its not even their biggest one. Its the most popular one though and the one most people pin into a cupcake petti. Its more than enough petti for every single dress I own.

the zooey is a lot less poof but still gives the classic a line look that goes great with a lot of old school dresses, and works really well for a more casual classic coord.
>>
>>9187637
You should wear some kind of breast minimizer or binder.
Get a proper blouse and swap out the shoes and legwear for oldschool pieces like the others said.
A black and white bow or rectangle headdress would match, as well as some kind of black and white bag.
>>
>>9188006
Oh believe me, I am trying to find a good minimizing bra (don't want to wear a binder since they can damage your breast tissue over long periods of time, iirc). I'm having a hard time finding ones that are a) big enough in the cup and b) small enough in the band. For some reason, minimizing bras seem to think no one has a cup size larger than H unless they've got a 38+ band.

Any suggestions for good, less expensive rectangle headdresses? I've tried my hand at making one but it just didn't turn out the way I wanted (and it's not like I can't sew since I hand stitched the JSK in question). Are bodyline's any good or should I just keep scouring LM and other secondhand sites waiting for a good brand one?
>>
>>9187637
lose weight
>>
>>9188054
I never even considered that! Thanks anon for some totally new and useful advice!
>>
>>9188023
Have you tried shock absorber sports bras? Although they aren't technically minimisers, some of the styles have that effect although it's more like a flattening binder effect then a minimiser effect which isn't so monoboob
>>
>>9188111
I haven't found any in any IRL shops that fit correctly, but I'll try looking around on the net. I hate ordering bras online though. It's such a shitty gamble. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>9188119
They run small in the band (I think it might be to try to make sure people using +4" are well supported enough?), as I generally take 30 band in them but have a 27" ribcage and find 30 band from many other brands to be too loose. I can't really tell with the cup size though, it may run a little small because I'm usually a 28D and found the 30C a bit tight but you can never tell what the grading at the larger cup sizes is like from the smaller end.
>>
>>9188125
Yeaaaah. I wish that whole "+4 to your band!"thing would go away. It makes it super hard to find bras if you've got a big bust and a smaller or average band. (I'm a 34J. It's hard enough to find J cup bras, but J cup bras with a band under 38/36? Good luck! And a lot of times it's based on US sizing which is inaccurate as HELL.)
>>
>>9188141
Oh Shock absorber definitely do a 34J but I would suggest looking on ebay for a cheap one, or looking for somewhere that does a no questions asked return policy on bras so you can send it back if it doesn't fit
>>
>>9188147
Thanks a ton. I'll check ebay. I've been avoiding them when it comes to bras because I got totally screwed over with one awhile ago. But I will keep looking!
>>
File: P12SH879-b.jpg (339KB, 1258x902px) Image search: [Google]
P12SH879-b.jpg
339KB, 1258x902px
>>9163709
Okay I've made some adjustments to this coord, went with the tights that >>9163810 suggested, got new shoes because the old ones turned out to be very dark brown and not black (wunderwelt lied to me). Everything but the shoes have arrived, my blacks do match and so does all my hardware. The small pouch is just a waist pouch so I don't have to dig through the rose cross bag for my phone or student ID
>>
>>9190052
forgot to add the rose cross bag, worn as a backpack because I have a lot of shit to carry, whoops
>>
>>9190052
I feel kinda mixed about this to be honest. Skirt, bloomers and bonnet gives out an old school gothic feeling and the rest don't kinda suit that. Thights, bonnet and parasol add more elegant classic vibes which don't go with the purse and it looks off even with the rest. I would find more elegant purse and maybe shoes with a bit more pointed toes and detail like oxfords, for example and keep the bloomers unvisible. Can I ask where you got the bloomers?
>>
>>9190057
The bloomers are by Infanta. My main concern about the purse is finding a large one that still lools refined.
Since it's Halloween and I'm going to be wearing shironuri, I need to carry stuff like my makeup kit to do touch ups
>>
>>9190091
To clarify I meant the waist pouch as I didn't see your post in time. I think the bag is fine and shies are not bad but they hide the design of the thights quite a bit.
>>
>>9190210
Oh I understand. Thank you!
>>
>>9187637
That necklace and those shoes don't go with lolita at all. I suggest getting classic OTK socks with ruffles on top, and as previously mentioned RHS, or other, specifically lolita shoes. Definitely a matching old school bow or headdress. Maybe wrist cuffs. Most old school coords have pretty similar items and accessories so I would suggest looking at some coords and trying to copy the blouse, socks and other styles they are wearing.also some cute jewelry.

To summarize, you seem to be matching just the colors but not the style of the items.
>>
>>9187006
>>9187012
Thanks anons! I was stuck on just wearing a cardigan, but I feel that's a lot warmer than wearing a blouse and it's ridiculously hot where I live so I want to be as cool as possible. High neck is do-able.
As for the "invisible collar" blouses, I've never seen any that have necklines low enough to not show, could I get an example of what that looks like?
>>
>>9181927
jewel tone velvet is this bags friend
>>
File: sheherazade jsk 2 blue_0.jpg (105KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
sheherazade jsk 2 blue_0.jpg
105KB, 480x640px
Any suggestions for shoes or headpieces for this dress? I don't want gold shoes, but I'm driving myself nuts trying to match that teal, the lavender, or dark purple.

I just don't want to overwhelm the coord with gold.
>>
>>9192224
have you considered... neutral shoes?
>>
>>9192238
She just said she didn't want gold.
>>
>>9164369
oh shit mabinogi!
>>
>>9192238
Neutral means like, beige or cream. Gold is NOT a neutral color.
>>
>>9192251
it has been the new neutral for a while now
>>
>>9192245
>>9192267
gold is too flashy to be considered neutral for shoes
>>
File: vm_short_boots_replica_-_cream.jpg (108KB, 321x480px) Image search: [Google]
vm_short_boots_replica_-_cream.jpg
108KB, 321x480px
>>9192238
I've tried coording it with these short boots. Doesn't work the best with color blocking, though I've only tried it with white/beige tights, so maybe this would work with blue teal or gold socks?
>>
File: 1451770372461.jpg (59KB, 412x398px) Image search: [Google]
1451770372461.jpg
59KB, 412x398px
>>9192267
Orange being the new black doesn't make it fucking black. Gold isn't a neutral color on any color wheel.
>>
>>9192284
>uses the word flashy as if it's unfitting for something to be flashy in lolita

I chortled.
>>
>>9190052
Not feeling the waist pouch, it's not elegant enough for the rest of the coordinate. How is the skirt btw? I talked myself out of buying it literally dozens of times.

Another note... looks like all of your white is on the bottom? Are you adding small stuff to color balance?
>>
>>9183479
I approve of the cardigan idea. long or short sleeved- either would work well.
Not sure which would look better, white or red, but you could go a lot of different directions with this. I'd say anything from the meta apple set would work really well. There was an apple cardigan on LM a while back, not sure if it sold or not.
>>
>>9184200
I would love seeing this with the Metamorphose gingham set. There was a gingham heart pocket skirt on LM, not sure if it's still there.
You could go B/W but I wouldn't be afraid of pairing it with a different pattern or texture, it could honestly use some breaking up so it doesn't look too flat.
>>
File: ideas with mjp.png (792KB, 819x664px) Image search: [Google]
ideas with mjp.png
792KB, 819x664px
Quick question, /cgl/:

Are ombre tights acceptable for lolita? All of the coords I am finding for pic related (Haenuli's Moon Jelly Princess) have solid colored or the set's tights. The set tights won't fit me.

I don't want anything too busy, but I don't want something too plain either. I kind of like how the jsk has a gradient to it, but I haven't seen (or noticed) actual lolita coords with the ombre tights-- just fairy kei.
>>
>>9193454
Why won't they fit you? How fucking massive can you possibly be?
>>
>>9193461
Tall with fat thighs
>>
>>9193454
It should work as long as the colors match in person.
>>
>>9193461
Have you seen those gaudy ass tights they sell with that dress? They're already hideous enough, no one wants to see that design all stretched out and warped on the legs of a person that isn't a skinny little stick waif of an Asian lolita model.
>>9193454
Being honest, I wish more people would wear ombre tights. Lots of prints make use of gradients, so gradients aren't automatically not lolita in and of themselves. I wish more people would experiment with tights in general, actually, and stop relying on either solid-color matchy-matchy or printed tights that came with the set.
>>
File: 02161333_56c2a68a8773c.jpg (360KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
02161333_56c2a68a8773c.jpg
360KB, 500x600px
So I impulse bought this and now that I'm thinking about it I don't have any concrete ideas on what kind of blouse looks best with this square neckline. I have plenty of white blouses but I'm kind of leaning towards coording it with pink and the only pick blouse I have has a high neck. Do you gulls think it would look weird coorded that way?
>>
>>9183057
Where is that blouse from? I want a simple cotton one like that for normie wear. It doesn't go well with lolita or your coord though.
>>
>>9194001
Big peter pan collar
>>
>>9193454
if the rest of your coord looks great and follows the rules give it a shot. someone's gotta do something different in this fashion every once in a while (and to be honest ombré tights would solve so many problems with 'I want some thing that's not overwhelming but also can't do solid anything be waaaa ita' we've created)
>>
File: halloween.png (1MB, 1296x860px) Image search: [Google]
halloween.png
1MB, 1296x860px
Trying to decide on what to do for Halloween, I was going to do the generic witch or vampire coord, but I thought it would be a cute idea to do a coord based off of a print.

I'm trying out a British Bear coord. Still trying to find some decent ears, but I figured it's themed enough to not be costumey.
>>
File: 521676-248-2015-11-24764923[1].png (424KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
521676-248-2015-11-24764923[1].png
424KB, 600x398px
>>9194434
I think it'd be cute if you actually tried to dress like one of the bears instead of just emulating the theme of the print. Change your wig to light blonde, find a darker neck bow that matches your beret, and get a darker bear bag so you look like the beret bear.
>>
File: sheherazade skirt.jpg (69KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
sheherazade skirt.jpg
69KB, 480x480px
I bought pic related recently, but I'm hitting a creative wall. Could I get some general color suggestions on where to go with this?

(to clarify, i'm not asking for spoonfed complete coord, just basic suggestions to get it flowing)
>>
File: currentcollection.jpg (780KB, 1300x957px) Image search: [Google]
currentcollection.jpg
780KB, 1300x957px
This is my current collection of pieces. I also have a variety of off-brand shoes/socks that I can't find pictures for. But I would say these are my staple pieces. Any ideas on how I can coord these for a meet and what sorts of things I should add? I'm definitely more into classic lolita than sweet or gothic.
>>
>>9195168
Play up the gold
>>
>>9194230
I was worried about that. Ah well. I guess there's enough white in the print. Thanks anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 450x570px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 450x570px
Any way to style fantasy night sky in a more gothic way?
>>
>>9195756
You need a white or ivory blouse for sure and some black shoes or white shoes that you could use for all three things. But I think the white or ivory blouse is most important at this moment.
>>
>>9197217
I could see that working. Remove the collar, play up the cross motifs, large spooky hat and heels, maybe gloves
>>
>>9197267
Ivory? The print looks white? Is the top of the dress black? If it is, I think also black blouse with white cuffs would work. Opposed to >>9197273 I don't think you have to remove the collar. It's of course depending on what kind of look you are going to but I think it has a nun feel which suits gothic. Again if the dress has black I would go for black thights with crosses or similar pattern in white. As I'm not a goth expert I really have to admit that I can't think of shoes or headpiece right now.
>>
>>9197282
Dude I was just suggesting things to add to their wardrobe like they asked. Not giving coord advice.
>>
>>9197436
Damn sorry I messed up. How was this even possible. I thought you commented on >>9197217. Sorry I'm an idiot.
>>
File: merrymaking.jpg (66KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
merrymaking.jpg
66KB, 400x533px
I finally got my hands on one of my original dream dresses early this year and have no idea what to do coord wise. I'm struggling gulls.
>>
>>9193543
What do you think of the gradient tights I used in my first coord vs IW OTKs I got later?
I still have much to learn about coording skills.
>>
>>9198378
nayrt but I actually prefer the look of the tights on the left. The right ones seem too plain for the dress. You definitely need a pattern or print of some kind.
I would say that if you use the left tights with the dress again to maybe find different shoes though? The navy undertone is too warm/yellowy for the other blues.

>>9197453
I think it'd be adorable to spooky this up with a witch hat or bat capelet.

>>9197217
Removing the nun collar and wearing a white blouse with a pointed or high collar could work. Add a cross necklace, navy floral headdress, heels or boots?
>>
>>9186151
Finally got a photo of this put together. I think it's.. Okay? I guess what inspired me is the cute Western-vintage styling of kimono that's been going around.
It definitely needs something else to hold the waist/keep the silhouette. I just used the jsk's belt.

The bow would go in my hair, and I'll pick up some pink kitten-heels with black/grey ankle socks?

>>9186703
I'll give this a go, actually! It doesn't have a zipper so it's easy to tuck the bodice under.
>>
>>9198654
burn it jfc
ita as fuck
>>
>>9198654
This is horrible. The way the haori wraps around the dress is super unflattering and the gray (which might fit in color) makes the whole coord super sad and grandma looking. The flower theme doesn't fit with the retro/french theme of the dress. The fur thing might work with Fantastic dolly, but combined with the shoehorned haori it just looks like some old granny thing.
>>
>>9198378
I like the gradient tights but I think you should use shoes that are the same color as either your purse or your blouse to 'balance' the coordinate a bit more. I also like the blonde wig rather than the brown one.
>>
>>9198663
>fantastic dolly
>ita
ooh gurl your newfag is showing.
>>
>>9198654
i feel like you could do some kind of moga-inspired look with fantastic dolly but this is not a good fit. if you want to use that particular printed haori jacket in a coordinate, maybe choose a non-print dress to go underneath it instead of one with a busy, modern motif & eye-catching pattern like perfume bottles and polka dots
>>
>>9198681
she meant the coord which should be burned right away
>>
File: coord cats astrology1.jpg (136KB, 669x1000px) Image search: [Google]
coord cats astrology1.jpg
136KB, 669x1000px
I'm planning to buy cats astrology dress from honey honey when reservation will begin. I'm trying to coordinate it with black since I already have black tea party shoes and AP bag.

The tights are the constellation ones you can find on mufish:
https://world.taobao.com/item/38894453608.htm?spm=a312a.7728556.2014080708.8.j4HOud
and https://world.taobao.com/item/38905796299.htm?spm=a312a.7728556.2014080708.9.WEVOTw
Can't really decide which ones would look best
>>
>>9198679
The blonde is my real hair. it's just unstyled, I threw on the outfit just to show the horoscope IW OTKs, but thanks.
Everyone bitches about gold shoes a lot so i was a little scared to go there, I always though wearing shoes one shade darker than the bottom hem of the dress makes an outfit feel "grounded" >?
>>
>>9199066
I would avoid coordinating that shade of navy with black. It'll photograph very muttled. Swap out your blacks for navy, white, wine red, and gold.
I think a safe idea would be to use the white version of that blouse, then either white or navy tights, navy or gold shoes (depending on the tights), and a gold bag.
>>
File: coord cats astrology2.jpg (139KB, 669x1000px) Image search: [Google]
coord cats astrology2.jpg
139KB, 669x1000px
>>9199504
Thank you!
here's an updated version
>>
File: IceCreamPrintTieredSkirt-pink.jpg (97KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
IceCreamPrintTieredSkirt-pink.jpg
97KB, 240x240px
A bit of a different question here-
My comm is having a little casual meetup where they'll go apple picking. I have casual coord around pic related, but the shoes are definitely not outdoor shoes and wouldn't be comfortable. What kind of shoes would be acceptable to wear? If I can't find a decent pair of normie shoes, I'll be stuck with a pair of light tan Oxfords, or red Keds. Would either these be acceptable for a walking-heavy casual meet? What kind of normie shoes could I get within the next week that would be good?
>>
>>9200306
This is really cute! I think the gold shoes might look better, since I feel like the bag would look a bit out of place without them
>>
>>9202557
I think the Oxfords would be fine- depending on the rest of the coord e.g. having a bag to match, perhaps a coutcry feel with a straw hat?
>>
File: IMG_20160928_162744648.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160928_162744648.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>9202584
Hmmm the shoes look a lot darker against everything, shitty for the shitty photo. Also, does the blouse seem too fancy now, should I trade it for a pain Peter pan collar?
>>
>>9202609
I also have pale polka dot tights as legwear and a little red leather purse that I don't have here now
>>
>>9202609
I think it will be ok given the distance between your head and your feet, especially as it's a fairly casual meet.
Try both blouses and see which looks best, this one looks OK to me but plainer might be better. The tights sound cute.

I'm on a phone so can't see the images well- but I don't see any red in the skirt- it's darker and lighter pinks, or is that my screen? I wouldn't use the red if that's the case. A basket or straw bag would be adorable - you may be able to get one locally before the meet. If not, tan or white would work well.

Some accessories would help too- a necklace or brooch to add a pop of colour to the neck area would be nice. Maybe a pink detail on the hat e.g. a bow
>>
>>9202680
If it is just my screen and there is red, I would add touches of red to your coord through the accessories to tie the bag in. The hat ribbon is quite dark so swapping that to red would be nice.
>>
>>9202680
A straw bag is a good idea, thanks! There is a bright red in the skirt, it's just showing up as dark pink since it has little white polka dots in it. The hat band is red velvet but that's not showing up well either
>>
>>9202684
Sounds good to me then. Just add accessories and you are good to go!
>>
>>9199066
when are pre order going to open?
>>
New thread?
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 99

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.