[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the yaya cosplay fabric is starting to show up in Joann stores.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 352
Thread images: 35

File: image.jpg (64KB, 512x342px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 512x342px
So the yaya cosplay fabric is starting to show up in Joann stores. Discuss quality/price/etc

Fabric stores general I guess
>>
Do only select stores get quality faux fur? The only times I've seen fur that wasn't scratchy thin garbage was like 5+ years ago.
>>
>>8847209
My store started getting good fur last year. It's pretty expensive though so most people still just buy the pubes-on-burlap kind.
Unfortunately the good quality stuff still only comes in hideous colors and franken-animal prints.
>>
>>8847209
I work at Joanns and we just got in some new fur with the cosplay line that's really nice. It is however 40$/yd which is crazy. But if you break out the coupons it's not so bad
>>
>>8847209
If you've got a large-ish fabric district in your area, you can usually find some good faux-fur with a bit of digging. I've had no problems getting quality furs from most places I've gone.

Some of the better quality fake furs go by the names Luxury Shag, Seal, Beaver, or Fox. Most of these can be found online if you can wait for them to be shipped to you.
>>
File: CaPFoqHUUAAQyG9.jpg large.jpg (119KB, 1024x687px) Image search: [Google]
CaPFoqHUUAAQyG9.jpg large.jpg
119KB, 1024x687px
>>8847193
It's really mediocre so far. We got in about 7 bolts of fabric so far and according to the distribution chart, each store really will only get one of each type/color.

The brocades are extremely brocade-cheap and gaudy. I can't imagine what they can be used for unless you want to cosplay Yaya Han. The pleathers are nicer but have very specific textures/looks, so again, tough sell for the average costume.

The fabrics are supposed to come from February 7th through 27th for the stores and the first sale for them will happen around March 13th at 25% off. There will be advertisements for the Cosplay Fabrics line then as well.
>>
>>8847193
>Discuss quality/price/etc

The people on my FB feed, whom I trust as the majority of them have 10 years or more of sewing under their belt, cast their verdict as it's overpriced for what it is. You'll get better selection and better price from Spandex House.

Jury is out if coupons will work on it. Some say no, some say yes, some say it will be on perpetual "sale" so coupons don't work often.

Only babby cosplayers who know no better will fall for it. Which I have seen a couple of on my feed.
>>
>>8847477
loling because you can order 4-way metallic blue spandex at multiple stores for like $10 a yard. now i kinda want to go into my local store just to laugh at the prices of this stuff.
>>
>>8847193
Omg, the only good thing I can think might come of it is newbies buying that shit up instead of trying to make a catsuit out of satin or something. The prices are hilarious though.
>>
>>8847397
Jesus, $40/yd?! I'll stick with the fur from Fabric Empire
>>
>>8847193
I used to work here it fucking sucked so bad, this couple used to fuck on stacks of fabric in the back
>>
>>8848267
Wtf?

I worked there for an all of like 4 days.
Was hired for a keyholder position, and management was such a clusterfuck that I never came back. No way in fuck was I going to deal with that shit.
>>
Idk, I live in a city where the only place you can buy non-quilting cotton is the lone Joanns and Wal-Mart. I'm thankful that I don't have to put in an order to Spandex House when all I need is a quarter yard of metallic spandex for some applique. Yes it is kind of ridiculously expensive, and fuck Yaya, but I'll deal with that for the ease of being able to pop in and get some.

Also, I'm fucking sick of the people who are complaining that coupons won't work on Yaya's fabric because they don't also work on Yaya's/McCall's patterns. Coupons don't work on patterns period because they are literally always "on sale" 40% off.
>>
I really wish they'd re-release that line of Nintendo fabric. I'd kill for some Zelda fabric.
>>
>>8847209
>>8847230
>>8847397
A little off topic, but do you know the best way of applying faux fur to latex?
>>
>>8848346
You can still special order it from the stores
>>
>>8848647
Wait, really? Like, if I go in and tell them the item number or whatever, they can order it?
>>
>>8848746
Yep. I've done it
>>
>>8848346
fabric.com also has some of the zelda fabrics at a decent price.
>>
File: IMG_spmyx9.jpg (145KB, 1024x769px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_spmyx9.jpg
145KB, 1024x769px
The only interesting thing so far has been the Ultrapreme. Everything else seems like cheaper versions of performance fabric or brocade with a higher price. The carbon fiber fabric confuses me though and the herringbone twill fabric feels like regular twill. Not sure who would pay $40/yd + sales tax for the military pleathers. They look cool, but that price is hard to swallow for the casual consumer.
>>
>>8848826
is this the ultrapreme in the photo? i have no idea what any of those fabrics would be used for, thinking standard popular costume-wise.
>>
>>8848838
I'm not sure what their marketing team intended, but I could see the stuff on the left perhaps being used for fantasy medieval Skyrim type stuff.
>>
>>8848826
I have no idea what I'd use it for but I have a mighty need for the 4 on the left.
>>
>>8847193
they're overpriced as fuck
>>
Got a report in from a friend who's a veteran cosplayers and Joann store manager

So we got a few of the cosplay fabrics at my store this week! Just a few since they came way early, but I just have to say I have ordered 4-way stretch vinyl from MANY different online stores (Spandex House, Spandex World, eBay, MJ Trends, SY Fabrics...)

>And I'm just sayin' NONE of it compares to what is in the cosplay collection... I stretched that shit in my hands and I am extremely impressed with the quality. I think I could definitely make a bodysuit out of that and have ZERO worries with it cracking, splitting, or otherwise dying. It is thin but durable and almost feels like rubber it is SO COOL. The "neopreme" is the very similar but thicker and heavier duty (boot covers maybe?) I don't see what the fuss is over the $19.99 price tag, I have paid $15 PLUS SHIPPING for that stuff online and it's not as nice. *shrug*

>I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE REST OF THIS COLLECTION TO COME IN.
>>
>>8849641
Also a review from GSTQs personal account

>Ok, update. Bought corset fabric, ultrapreme, and the stretch pleather this evening. They all feel great as Jo said. I'll be sewing them up this weekend so I can write a fully informed review.

>Price tags were a shocker initially, but some of this stuff actually IS weird specialty textile despite some recent internet comments I have seen. As someone that buys fabric on a weekly basis (and now that I have touched and seen these in person) the coupon prices are on par with similar products from spandex world/house and even competitive for some of the fabrics. Some of these are even less than some of my suppliers.
>>
>>8848400
If you're planning to apply it like an applique, super glue is the only adhesive that will work. And I'd suggest this only if you're using a medium-thick grade latex and are applying it in small portions.
I've had to apply velcro to latex and haven't had a problem with this method so far.
>>
>>8848746
ONLY if its in the warehouse. A lot of employees don't know this. I work at Joann and have them use their handhelds to see if its in the warehouse. If it's not then you ain't getting it in the time that you probably want it. And a special order takes us at least 2 weeks if in the warehouse 6 weeks if not.
>>
>>8847193
>>8847482
>>8847666
You can use coupons. When I came into work today and saw we got the fabric, I scanned each one and applied our coupons that are out. The 50% and 40% worked. I used it on the Brocade, and then tried it on the most expensive one we got which was 39.99. Don't know what it was, probably the Ultrapreme. So use your coupons while you can cause these will go on sale for like 30% or something soon.
>>
went to my local store and checked it out today....mine had a fuckton of he awful brocaes in like 5 colors, some of the metallic spadex, the 2 studded looking pleathers, carbon fiber, a flat black pleather, and a blue ultrapreme.

honestly the only one worth buying was the ultrapreme 4way stretch....i stretched the shit out of it and no lines or cracking, so it's pretty strong. the color my store had it in is like useless for catsuits or anything though....

what i thought was the most odd was that there wasn't just a nice plain gold or silver fabric among the bunch. also the carbon fiber fabric was pretty thin...i wasn't impressed with that at all.
>>
>>8850389
forgot to mention, what they're marketing as "twill corset lining" is NOT fucking coutil, it's plain ass twill with a jacked up price. you're still better off ordering coutil online.
>>
>>8850389
Shit, was that my store? Because the blue Ultrapreme is the only Ultrapreme we've gotten in. We haven't gotten any of the matte spandex in yet, either, only the metallic stuff.

There are a total of ~70 bolts in the collection, we've only gotten about 1/3 of it now.
>>
>>8848346
This is the first time I'm hearing about Zelda fabric.

Is it just patterned quilt cotton or is it actually fabric to make the costumes out of? I've been killing to find the perfect fabric for Zelda's bodice.
>>
>people saying Yaya's fabric is too expensive
>go on joann website
>fabric is only $20-$40 per yard

Are you guys like super poor or something?
>>
>>8850872
We could just be from LA or NYC or one of the other places with a fashion district and readily-available reasonably-priced materials.
>>
Pretty much everything at JoAnns is way overpriced, even with coupons. I always find much nicer fabric online for a fraction of the cost. I'm sure this won't be any different
>>
>see people complaining about fabric going on sale
>wat
>when it's on sale you apparently can't use "coupons"

Jesus Christ you Americans are spoilt. Most other countries don't get coupons at all. We desperately wait for sales or order online and pay jumped up shipping. Cry some more.
>>
>>8850872
>Proudly paying $20 a yard for super thin, super shiny spandex
>Being this ignorant of how overpriced it is compared to literally any other fabric store or website

Found Joann's target demographic right here
>>
>>8850912
This, be glad you even have coupons you ungrateful bitches. Try living in Europe where even decent simple cotton will run at least $20 a meter. And don't even get me started on what any fabric more elaborate than that will cost
>>
>>8850922
Hey, it could be worse. If it weren't for us the only colors you'd have available would be brown and black. U-S-A U-S-A
>>
>>8850873
I'm from NJ and it's cheaper for me to hop on the train, go to NYC get fabric, and get a ticket home.
>>
I spammed Hobby Lobby and Joanns for fabric for ALA stuff - if you guys can give me better options it would be great
>>
>>8850912
Out of all the things you could be salty about, I can't believe it's this. Everything can be cheap in the US.
>>
>>8850921
Point is that $20 to $40 a yard for fabric is not expensive at all. I get fabrics at local stores for that price all the time. Maybe it's not good quality but but it's completely affordable unless you're poor. For 3 yards that's $60 which is hardly anything. Also, with all the sales Joann has it's going to be pretty cheap.

Most of the stuff at Joann's isn't great quality anyway. I guess you're the idiot here if you think it is.
>>
>>8850379
I have all the time in the world. I just want to make a pillowcase or something.
>>
>>8850390
Gosh darn it, that's a disappointment.
>>
>>8850921
The reason the fabric is priced more than the other stuff at Joann's is because it has Yaya's name on it. They made it low quality because they know some dumb weebs are going to sucker into buying it since it's marketed as "cosplay" fabric with a famous asian cosplayer's name. It will sell regardless, and like I said They're going to make a bigger profit off of it than they would have if it was high quality. It's actually genius.

Even a 10-year-old could figure this out, anon.
>>
>>8850922

>buying fabric by the meter
3-yards cut master race

But honestly, where do you live ? Here in France, even my local store's overpriced cotton twill is 10 bucks a meter, and it used to be 8. And then there's Paris and it's wonderful fabric district.
>>
>>8850553
lol, i went to the salinas, CA store....maybe they only made the ultrapreme in that weird blue?
>>
>>8850912

The thing is, most shit that has coupons in the US is actually substantially marked up above fair market value. Companies like Joann's do this to make extra cash off casual consumers and make more dedicated shoppers feel like they're getting a real deal by using coupons (which you get by subscribing to all their advertising).

It's like this. Imagine the average going price for a widget is $20. Everyone's selling widgets for about $20. Bob gets this great idea, he's going to sell those widgets for $40 but offer a 50% off coupon to people who subscribe to his newsletter. Those people who use the coupon see "wow I saved $20 on that widget, that's like a whole other widget!" and the few people who don't use the coupon, well maybe they don't know about all those other places selling widgets for $20.

Anyway, people bitch about not being able to use coupons because the whole pricing structure is based around coupon usage with these types of chains. The advertised prices aren't really the "real" going price of the item.
>>
>>8850870
It's patterned quilt cotton. Nintendo released a line of prints a few months ago but a lot of them sold out really quick.
>>
>>8851052
This. I don't get people being salty about "American coupons" because so many hobby and craft stores double the retail price for products. It's the same with Michaels, AC Moore, Joann's, etc. Practically all of their products are about double the normal retail price, and you have to use coupons to buy it at the normal price. But half of the time you can only use one coupon, so you only get one product at regular price and buy everything else super inflated. America isn't a magical land of discount coupons and super cheap fabric. It's frustrating for us but from a marketing standpoint it's pretty smart.
>>
>>8851060
Oh so do you guys do quilts and stuff? I don't know what else to use it for but I'm tempted to buy a shitload of it anyway.
>>
>>8851002
Oh, come off it anon. /cgl/ has a large college student demographic and few of them can drop $60 on fabric every other day unless their parents still pay for everything. And you're definitely overpaying—one of my local stores has nice cottons for $3 a yard.
>>
>>8850922
Where do you live? I'm in Europe and the fabric market I went to this morning had shittons of fabrics for €3-5 per meter. Good stuff, too. And I'm nowhere near any big fashion district.
>>
>>8851120
I'm 21 and still in college, silly anon.
>>
>>8850912
Another reason America is superior.
>>
I live in NYC and laugh at anyone that would pay more than 15 bucks/yd for anything (and that's a rarity for something like faux fur). All the best places are holes-in-the-wall (NOT placed like Mood which are just as expensive as JoAnns). You'd have to be a complete fucking retard to spend 20+ on metallic spandex when you can get it from literally anywhere that has a fabric district.

I've never paid more than $8/yd for material, because all the best places will practically give it away to you if you haggle or a girl that can bat your eyelashes a bit for a discount
>>
>>8851088
I use it for lining on bodices, skirts, I've seen people use it for scarves and accessories and bags too.
>>
>>8851245
You clearly know nothing about textiles, but thanks for playing.
>>
>>8851245
>bat your eyelashes a bit for a discount

>Implying the majority of men working at a fabric store aren't gay

Nice try please don't play again
>>
>>8851302
The majority of men working at the fabric stores are conservative Muslims and whatever African immigrants they can round up. I mean Mood is predominantly gay men but not the guys at the shops on 38th/39th.
>>
>>8851302

No, they're all a bunch of lewd middle eastern dudes that love white girls. Note they said places NOT like Mood.
>>
Is it an actual Yaya Han fabric line or just fabrics that Joann normally sells but with a Yaya Han sticker on them?
>>
>>8851245
Sorry you're such a cheapass that you think $15 is expensive for fabric lmao. I've paid $150 for a yard of fabric before, and it was worth it.
>>
>>8851398
it's an actual yaya line....though the metallic spandex looks very similar to the stuff that's in the "performance" section.
>>
>>8851002
>60 dollars
>hardly anything
this is a joke right lmao
>>
>>8851483
You sound poor as fuck.
>>
>>8851487
You sound like a sucker with more money than sense
>>
i was talking to some friend on facebook that work at jo-ann and they stay they are just going to move the fabric to a different locantion. it is still the same fabric you can buy RIGHT NOW at jo-ann
>>
>>8851245

90% of the good/cheap places don't have a fucking website or anyway to order unless you go in person. News flash, dumbfuck: the world doesn't end at the Hudson. There's places in the country where JoAnn's and Walmart are the only option.

God, New Yorkers are conceited.
>>
>>8852033

agreed.

I know a couple people who just plunk down whatever for whatever because they have no sense in how much something SHOULD cost.
>>
>>8851002
No, the point is that Joann fabric is not worth the obscene markup unless you use their big coupons (which you often can't because of the sale prices). I have literally come across bolts of their exact $8 chiffon for $3.99 in Walmart. Dropping $60 on fabric is fine, but dropping $60 on cheap quality fabric that is only worth $30 at any other store is a rip-off.
>>
>>8851245
Do you even shop in NYC or are you just pulling that condescending attitude out of your ass? Most stores will knock a few bucks a yard off at best for large purchases (some will discount nothing); none of these storeowner will ever send you out with free fabric because of your ~femininittyyyyy~. Also I don't know what you're buying that "rarely" close to 15/yd but any kind of silk in NYC is going to run you close to that or more (the cheapest dupioni I've seen there still clocks in at $16-17)
>>
>tfw I move to midwest from So Cal
>lose my LA fashion district for a single shitty Joann fabrics

kill me
>>
>>8851088
Could make quilted bags out of it
>>
>>8848346
Idk about your local store, but mine had a TON of the Zelda fabrics today. Lots of Mario as well.
>>
Someone is spreading around that they got an allergic reaction to the yaya fabrics at ALA
I want to call bullshit
>>
>>8852895
Can someone link this? I heard a small bit about it but can't find anything.
>>
>>
>>8853018
>>8853083
>>
>>8853083
>does thing it tells you not to do
>why is it not working out like I expected??!1!
>>
>>8853018
>>8853084
>>
>>8853087
Some people will look at that kind of warning and assume the warning is due to dye bleeding, burn, or shrinkage issue related to the fabric.

Nobody would look at a basic label warning like that and think "IT'S BC IT'LL ACTIVATE SKIN IRRITANT CHEMICALS THAT LEECH ONTO SKIN!" Bullshit. That shit ought to be labeled as a chemical hazzard regardless in addition to the handling labels.
>>
>>8853127
This. I hope anon's friend feels better. Get comfortable until it goes away :<
>>
>>8853083
>>8853083
Isn't she the one who said she wanted to be white or asian to be a better cosplayer and then turned around and said she'll only snap pictures of colored people but said Asians don't count as colored people?
I'm like 90% sure it's her.
>>
>>8853127
Except that cosplayer could be completely lying.
I'very been following her for the past few months ever since she had tried to give her parents food poisoning. Honestly the most piece of shit cosplayer I have seen in a while.
>>
>>8853200
> tried to give her parents food poisoning

What.
>>
>>8853178
No idea but top kek if she is.
She does gives off eau de lolcow
>>
>>8853200
Wat indeed
Caps, details something
>>
>>8853200
Tell us more anon. Why did she try to make them sick?
>>
>>8853156

yep, she is lol.
>>
>>8853242
She's like 90% white in that dp why she cryin
>>
>>8853242
Welp.
(I hate how bad it sounds/how appropriative it is but at the same time we all know a huge chunk of us would take shapeshifting as a power just for cosplay potential)
>>8853200
Of course given this bit of information, I don't know...
>>
>>8853200
>she could be lying

But chemical irritants in clothes aren't a faked boogeyman some child made up for attention, they're real. A lot of Chinese fabrics contain teflon or formaldehyde, and other kinds of materials or spray-on chemicals that are known irritants/carcinogens. The US has zero regulation about these chemicals on fabric products too. This girl may be fucked in the head in other ways, but I'd also believe Yaya is jocking cheap fabric for profit.
>>
>>8853263
desu, i would just do it for the outfits, not even skin color.
>>
>>8853283
wtf "desu". i meant to be honest. omg
>>
>>8853288
It's a word filter
>>
>>8853288
Word filter, senpai.
>>
>>8853297
>>8853296
ahhhh okay, thank you.
>>
>>8853084
Calling bullshit the Yaya fabric hasn't even been released for that long.
>>
>>8853242
I honestly see where she's coming from. Never heard of a SINGLE black/mixed cosplayer who's been invited to be a con guest.

not to mention there's not many characters with dark skin.
>>
>>8853333
Do you think contact chemicals are time activated or...? It's been confirmed her fabrics are being found in the stores.
>>
>>8853334
Chocolate Covered Cosplay were guests at ALA this year.
>>
>>8853334
I also see where she's coming from, but she's only saying it because she wants to be that popular. Also she seems like a mess. (Not that other famous cosplayers aren't, but I'm not fans of theirs either.)
>>
>>8853083
So has anyone else actually come forward or do we just have her word for it?

Any news on which type of fabric it was?
>>
>>8853335
the fabrics weren't out before ALA though, unless they were purchased at NYCC where a booth was previewing them last fall
>>
>>8853334

what about Maki Roll's Chop Shop, Kadu=Out Cosplay, and a few others?
>>
>>8853349
yeah I thought they just came out?? Like how the fuck did someone buy the fabric and make a full a cosplay with it for ALA (also I rarely even hear about cosplayers washing their fabric unless they're a higher level and I doubt that kind of person would buy yaya han fabric) lots of little bits of her story don't make sense to me
>>
>>8853083
>>8853084
>>8853091
>>8853200
ALA was the last weekend in January.
When did the fabric first start showing up in stores?
I didn't think I'd heard of any of the fabric showing up until the beginning of February?
Obviously I don't know the shipping schedule but I'm not inclined to believe all the rumors until we get more credible posts.
>>
>>8853400
I didn't see posts about it showing up until February 3rd at the earliest, so definitely after ALA
>>
>>8847482
My guess is it really isn't her fabric, but moreso a marketing gimmick with her signed on to be the face of the fabric because that way royalties and newbies won't understand to look for cheaper alternatives made of the same.
>>
>>8853428
Same. Feb 3rd/4th are the earliest I've seen too.
>>
Here's a review: http://mjolnirismypenis.tumblr.com/post/138412471321/the-yaya-han-fabrics-are-in-at-joann-fabrics
>>8853434
I remember hearing something about how she designed and chose the fabrics of the collection so she does have some measure of control in it.
>>
>>8853083
Not being able to wash spandex is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, and clearly a red flag
>>
>>8853479
seconding. Dunno about you, but dance has given me PTSD with the sweaty spandex smell
>>
>>8850873
>Lives in capital city in Europe
>Biggest city not just in the country but among the local "neighbourhood" as well
>No fabric district
>Like one store that's not a overpriced chain
>mfw
>>
Lots of clothes and fabrics can cause bad reactions without washing. Especially when you're wearing it for a long day of sweating and rubbing and probably with other shit and props laying over it. I wear underarmor under most f my costumes because I hate prewashing and getting sweat on my costumes which probably won't survive an after wash.
>>
>>8851487
60 bucks is enough to pay three visits to
my LDR girlfriend if I use it wisely.
60 bucks pay entrance and sleeping hall for one and a half con.
60 bucks is money I could actually spend on something that's worth it and not jacked-up shit from China.
>>
>>8853481
>fellow dancer anon
the smell of unwashed zentai suits at comicon is terrifying. Anyways, why should you not be able to wash spandex? Was there not even a dry cleaning option?
>>
>>8853363
>cosplayers not pre-washing fabrics
????
People don't do this?
>>
>>8853434
This is essentially it. McCalls posted about it after NYCC. Yaya Han is the face but she was asked by whoever runs cosplayfabrics to collab with them. Probably to use her name to get the fabrics out there. As with all collabs she'd have some say because it IS her name but it's more like celebrity perfume than Arda.

Besides, whoever owns cosplayfabrics CAN'T be Yaya because their marketing outside of what Yaya has done is like nonexistent. Say what you will about her but bitch can market.

I'm wondering if it's cosplayers or McCalls who really owns it.
>>
>>8853526
Okay. So. After internet sleuthing the cosplayfabrics domain is owned by Wyla Inc. Which is known for tulle, lace, and childrens costumes using McCalls patterns.

You're welcome cgl.
>>
>>8853257
Because she heavily photoshops even selfies, a mutual on Facebook posted her "rory mercury" cosplays that she had posted to world cosplay. Saw her irl and she is not that pale kek.
>>
>>8853334
Kadu, chocolate covered cosplay, maki roll, and isn't maguma mixed? I heard he's off to be a guest at some con. There's a ton of black cosplayers as guests.
>>
>>8853539
So, more digging the owners are a couple of people in their 50-60s. One of who is a guy whose family has been in the NYC fabric district for 100 years and is related to the girl who owns Alice + Olivia.

So rich assholes who specialize in childrens costumes, gaudy fabrics and ripping people off for a profit who know nothing about cosplayers but see dollar signs.

Boom. I've fallen down a hella rabbit hole here.
>>
>>8853553
>>8853539
I love when the internet reveals this sort of information.
You are a hero, anon.
>>
>>8853346
That's another thing that smells like BS, she never specified a fabric and no one else has said a word.
>>
>>8850922
are you joking i live in australia which is literally the planets butthole when it comes to markups and a good cotton will cost you $5-$15 a meter depending on where you shop/if it's on sale.

but desu i just order all my fabric from taobao/aliexpress now, unless i'm short of something or i'm really desperate.
>>
>>8853553
1000 points for you anon, love it.
>>
>>8853571
yeah and she supposedly had her first eczema breakout in over 10 years 2 days after wearing the fabric. Never heard of eczema being an allergic reaction, and I've had it my entire life.
>>
>>8853580
Maybe wearing skin tight unnatural fabric caused the break out...
>>
>>8853618
It could, but supposedly it was ~omg Yaya's fabric~ that caused it.
>>
>>8853618
This is true, but then again how did they get ahold of the fabric before it was released?
>>
Anyone know how to find out when the fabric was released in California since that's where the cosplayer claiming this is from?

>>8853539
Hero anon we need your help again.
>>
>>8853580
Eczema definitely has an allergic component, the other name for it is atopic dermatitis so allergy is literally in the name
>>
>>8853630

Hero anon returns! According to the press releases posted about the fabric wasn't supposed to show up on shelves until Feb 7-18th.

My friend who works at a Joann's on the west coast got the price list in store on Jan 23 and said they got a few of the fabrics the week of the 31st. That's the absolute earliest I've seen any post about having them.

So unless ALA girl is a goddamn time traveller or went to a store bought the fabric, washed, sewed, iron and wore the costume in a couple days. I'd say the answer is this girl is a liar.

I also feel, scientifically...she'd have experienced a reaction much sooner than has been claimed. Or someone would've noticed a girl collapsing in hives at a con like ALA.
>>
>>8853663
I will say it was mentioned you could order the fabric online apparently around the 23rd but Joanns and shipping is never a sure bet so it still seems iffy. But who knows.

Again these guys work with making childrens costumes but also have an office in Hong Kong. Safe bet says that's where their fabric comes from. They've been doing this since before disco was cool so I'd think they would have better contacts than people who would "spray dangerous chemicals" all over the fabric. And most shiny fabrics like the metalic spandex would have warning about washing and ironing because it'll fade the fabric or cause the metallic to otherwise flake out. So that's not really an indication. If someone did have an allergic reaction it could've been from any number of things especially if they've never worn the fabric before. I know a girl who can't wear spandex swimsuits, for example, bevause she has a severe tree gum allergy.
>>
>>8853084
Wait, if that photo was really related to the clothing she was wearing wouldn't there be lines or marks from the shape of the clothing and the shape of her undergarments?
>>
>>8853673
Not necessarily. Hives from allergic reactions linger. Especially if they're that severe.

The timing is more questionable, as people mentioned above. The fabric hasn't been out long.

This also begs the question as to whether they pre-washed or not.
>>
I go to sleep with nothing but caps and "I wonder if Yaya knows about this?" and wake up to a goddamn scene from Ace Attorney. Bravo, anon sleuths. Bravo.
>>
>>8853573
sorry to bother you, but any taobao shops you can recommend? I need a nice sweatshirt weight cotton for cutsews, and some chiffon as well..
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>8852435
You are correct. And I personally wouldn't buy Yaya's fabric for any reason. I only shop at Joann's if I need something basic like muslin or solid colored fleece. I'm just loling at the people ITT who think spending more than $15 on ALL types of fabric is too much. Maybe if you live in New York or LA, but it's absolutely retarded to think everywhere else in the world has cheap as fuck fabric available locally. For some of us $20-$40 is normal for local stores that sell higher quality fabric than nearby Joanns or Hancock.

It also depends on what you're getting, too. Cotton is generally less than fabrics like wool or silk, which I work with the most. I got these fat quarters of imported Asian quilt cotton at a local quilting supply shop for a little less than $2 a piece, so that would be about $8 a yard. The quality is amazing, too. $20 would be too much for cotton, but is rather cheap for something like 100% wool or cashmere.
>>
>>8853356
Who? Never heard of these people!
>>
>>8853887
You must not be west coast then.
>>
Someone asked where and when she got the fabric she said san francisco but didn't answer the date part, I'm excited to see if she's telling the truth or going to get told off.
>>
>>8853892
If she's being truthful then she should have no problem remembering when she got the fabric.
>>
>>8853892
Someone should ask how she got the fabric before it was released in stores
>>
>>8853924
She already got what she wanted either way. This shit is all over my facebook feed AND it's now all over that girls review farther up thread spreading like crazy. All with caps with her name attached.

It'll be a Luna Lainey situation all over again, even if it comes out she lied she still gets all those new followers.
>>
>>8853926
Apparently she's saying her store got it in early.

Another girl has been contacting different stores and customer service and she's getting multiple confirmation that the fabric wasn't in until February.

Unless the allergy chick has some proof. People are already calling her out on being a malicious drama whore.
>>
>>8853933
It also looks like you can hand wash Yaya's fabric.
>>
>>8853889
kad is east coast
>>
>>8853933
>>8853938
100% confirmed bullshit then. Someone please call this bitch out.
>>
>>8853943
Apparently her allergic reaction was to the leather. Which you can't dry clean. Also the fact that if she DID have a reaction to pleather. It was probably because she has skin issues with pleather itself, not because of any chemicals supposedly added.
>>
>>8853946
Curious where was that stated? Because that's not really the maker's fault but I guess they're going to play it off that it is.
>>
>>8853946
Is this dramawhore or her supposed "friend"? Because it seems like they've morphed into one person.
>>
>>8853892
She better be more specific than that because there's no JoAnn in SF but there is one is Colma, a town south of there. However, I was there on 2/4 and they definitely don't have it. It's a tiny weird JoAnn and anyone from SF would tell you it's in Colma or Daly City, not San Francisco. El Cerrito might already have it but that's well up in east bay.

That being said the Super Bowl was pimped out as a San Francisco game even though it was played in Santa Clara 100 miles away.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-08-09-55-22~2.jpg (319KB, 800x1017px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-08-09-55-22~2.jpg
319KB, 800x1017px
>>8853953
It's on TifalA cosplay's Facebook.

The tl;Dr version is that the chick probably has allergy issues with the polyester backing and probably didn't know she'd have sensitivity to it. Not because of the supposed chemicals in it.

So yeah. The one starting the hive shot is probably full of shot and blew stuff out of proportion to cause drama.
>>
>>8853955
The Levi's Stadium where the Super Bowl was held this year is about 50 miles away from about the middle of San Fransisco, not 100 miles.

The largest Jo-Ann's in the SF Bay Area would be the one in Fremont which is roughly a 45 minute train ride away or an hour drive give or take depending on traffic. There's also two other Jo-Ann stores before the Fremont store which are closer to SF and they are the Dublin and San Leandro store, however if I'm not mistaken, they're much smaller than the Fremont store. They probably would get all their fabric around the same time since truck day is on Thursdays and the truck goes to each store.

Sincerely, an ex Jo-Ann's employee and Bay Area local.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-08-10-08-05.png (517KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-08-10-08-05.png
517KB, 1080x1920px
The friend made a post
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-08-10-08-13.png (522KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-08-10-08-13.png
522KB, 1080x1920px
>>8854013
Cont
>>
>>8854013
>>8854018
Still calling bullshit. If you look in the group the original claim was posted in, the girls said her friend bought the metallic looking armor one. Yet in the friends post they say they bought a blue 4 way stretch. You'd think you'd remember the color or style fabric someone was wearing if they actually had a reaction like they're claiming. At this rate, they're just digging their graves deeper.
>>
>>8854026
Also, since when does Joann's do fabric previews?

Has anybody called the San Fran Joann's and asked if they released any kind ofpreview on these fabrics that would be enough to use in a costume?
>>
>>8854032
I've never heard of a Joanns doing previews of any type. I think they're just trying to come up with things to make their claim make sense
>>
Have we even seen a picture of the alleged costume?
>>
>>8854032
Not to mention, if she bought the fabric at 1pm and had to be on a plane at 5pm when the fuck did she have time to make anything with it?

No one is posting to the cosplay fabrics FB page about this, only to Yaya's, which makes no sense because the company that produced the product would actually be able to do something for you. This sounds 100% like some bizarre anti Yaya rumor.
>>
formaldehyde is the chemical used to keep many fabrics crisp, the SPECIFIC one she had gotten might've been accidentally doused in too much, in which case isn't really the ENTIRETY OF YAYA'S FABRIC LINE WILL KILL YOU, FUCK THIS LINE, STAY AWAY, YAYA IS A CUNT.

like really how old is this ayomekko girl?
>>
>>8854037
Nope, and the friend's page is blocked so unless you are her friend, you can only see an undyne cosplay.
>>
>>8854018

No one is commenting on the fact the hospital apparently tests fabric like a crime lab and has enough to make a statement like "most we've ever seen" in a 2 yard piece of fabric.

Also she's claiming to have made a full spandex suit in less than an hour and a half. Also since when does synthetic spandex have a chance to mold?
>>
>>8854045
19 if you can believe that. She seems quite immature for her age though. I agree with others in this thread. I'm shocked we haven't seen this alleged costume or cosplayfabrics was not directly contacted but then again the rumor has already done its job and spread like wildfire.
>>
Just called the coma joanns (which opens at 9)

The said no previews and they just put it out yesterday, sounded like others have called too
I smell a friend that is in on this hefty ass load of bullshit
>>
They are probably stupid weebs who think they bought Yaya fabric. Yes I agree it's overpriced shit and I never will buy it but damn the hives story is pathetic.
>>
>>8854062
Which one did you call?
>>
All bullshit aside, are the fabrics good at all? Are they anything you'd actually want to buy over typical store fabrics?
>>
>>8854077
There have been great reviews for the stretch pleather. The spandex and twills are okay and the brocades are kind of cool but the pattern doesn't really work for any known costumes.
>>
>>8854079
So basically, not worth going out of your way to buy unless you want specific stretchy shit. Gotcha.
>>
>>8854044
Every seems to think that this is Yaya's direct brand rather than a partnership. Like I said, the PR/Marketing team for CosplayFabrics is shit. Yaya's done legit all the marketing so even if they release other lines no one will know. Because they're not marketing themselves.

Which also means all ire will be directed at Yaya as the face of the line rather than the people who made it.
>>
>>8854077
The stretchy ones are pretty good but a lot of them just feel like I have no idea what any of them would be used for. I personally found the brocades really fugly and like others have said, JoAnn already sells really similar, better priced options for most things.
>>
>>8854069
San Mateo and Colma locations, the two closest to San Francisco, both said no previews were made and the line was NOT on shelves anytime before Feb 4th.
>>
>>8849641
I advise you stop posting your friends personal posts. There's a reason her profile is private as shit.
>>
>>8854148
It sounds like the things the friend said came from a tumblr post or one from a public page. There's a few like that one going around.
>>
>>8854045
She's a BLF #28daysofblackcosplay maki hinds drone. People with half a brain already should know that this should be an endorsement to buy the fabric, not run from it.
>>
>>8854149
It's not public.
>>
>>8854148
Does it matter? There's nothing incriminating or identifying
>>
>>8854169
I mean she's my source as well (Detective anon here) but I kept her actual posts out of it to respect her privacy. So I guess its really a respect thing. She doesn't like drama and this thread is drama but eh.
>>
>>8854169
Actually there is in the next post. Lol.
>>
>>8854145
The person who had the allergic reaction is apparently from San Bruno? I'm not from the area so I have no idea how far that is from either JoAnns in the San Fransisco area. But they supposedly got the fabric at 1, then magically had time to spill paint on it, wash it and create a garment from it while making it to the airport for a flight at 5 to LA.
>>
>>8854190
Yeah and she'd have to have gotten to the airport probably at the absolute minimum 30 minutes before her flight. But realistically 1 hour ahead. Also how long was her commute to the airport?

Her story is falling apart.
>>
>>8854077
I really like the stretch suedes we got in my store
>>
File: 1454964397.png (125KB, 438x662px) Image search: [Google]
1454964397.png
125KB, 438x662px
Chemical burns?
>>
>>8854190
Then that's another inconsistency, ayomeko said she got it from SF and the friend said I'm the post ayomeko was with her to pick out the fabric.
>>
>>8854236
Its not true. Timelines don't match up and being in a suit without testing out the fabric on your skin first is all your fault. A body suit without you testing it out first to see if you will have a reaction with the fabric, sweating inside the suit, rubbing against it constantly with bare skin without some inbetween layer, isn't Yaya's fault.
>>
Mfw when those are bed bugs bites....not an allergic reaction.
>>
>>8854236
Doesn't matter if it's true it's like a rape allegation that black mark has already been added to Yaya's record.
Even if it turns out to be false some will never take the chance.
>>
>>8854266
The infestation level if those were bed big bites would be more bed bugs than bed. Some also look a bit big for bed bugs bites or don't follow the clusters of 3 they usually bite in.
Most likely just plain old hives.
>>
>>
The fabric is garbage. It's thin, shitty, hideously shiny, and all the dick-sucking about 4-way stretch is ridiculous. You can get better quality and price from so many other places. Twill for 20-30 dollars a yard that is poorer quality than the 12 dollar twill in the same store? Yaya Han's name isn't chanel. You can't slap it on a product and ask for twice the price. Fake meme or not, the product is lousy and everyone wants to board the Whiteknight express and preach community when all Yaya is doing is exploiting her place in it.
>>
>>8854190
San Bruno is a 10-15 minute drive to the San Mateo and Colma locations and the SFO airport. It's actually fairly doable if you have a rise but it doesn't change that at least the Colma location definitely didn't have that fabric yet
>>
>>8854291
Yeah sorry but if GSTQ likes it then it's not total garbage. I'll hold her word over some random salty troll any day.
>>
>>8854293
Pre-washing/drying fabric takes at least an hour or more, and getting to the airport 1-2 hours before the flight is standard, since most start boarding a half hour or more before takeoff. So that still doesn't leave enough time to create a full costume even if the stores had the fabric.
>>
>>8853334
Wrong, I am black and have been invited to be a guest at a con and did it. It doesn't matter what race a character is...people can cosplay whoever they want and do it well. I always do.
>>
>>8851120
If you can't afford to cosplay... don't. If you really need to save up waiting literally costs nothing.
>>
>>8854298
The only way she could have made her costume is if she was sewing it in her hotel room.
>>
>>8854303
Which she doesn't claim to have done? She claims to have put it on a few hours after arriving at her hotel.
>>
>>8854297
It's bad business to knock Yaya given how the cosplay community is deifying her in all this. GSTQ can spin shit into gold, but most people will have no use for these fabrics. Go to your local Joanns. Touch them. Try not to laugh at how awful they are. Or better yet, try to think of at least one you could use for each useless bolt.

Why am I salty just because I roll my eyes at it? It's marketed as a cosplay product, so as I cosplayer I am critiquing it. I didn't need to read anyone's review, I went myself to check them out, and they were awful and tacky.
>>
>>8854308
Yeah. If she said she finished making the costume at the con, I'd possibly believe the time frame. But she seriously left herself maybe three to four hours to wash, dry, and sewing an entire bodysuit. I'm knocking off at least an hour for The commuting to the airport and shopping/driving too and from Joann's to get her fabric.

I don't buy her time frame one bit.
>>
>>8854291
Mostly every here is saying "it's the same shit joann already sold" no one is Whiteknighting unless sharing a non-negative opinion is Whiteknighting now.

Sorry you're salty people have moved onto the juicier drama of these lying hobags whining about made up chemicals burning them?
>>
>>8853084

Links to multiple pictures

bed bug bites...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/54192461@N03/galleries/72157624889611727/#photo_4927994830

Hives...
http://hivespictures.org/Hives-Rashes-Pictures.php

not hives, bed bugs
>>
>>8854313
Yeah, even if you cut out washing/drying It's still a stretch. What with traffic being unpredictable and all.

Not to mention the making up chemicals thing. No matter how you spin it a hospital wouldn't test clothing unless they suspect a contagious biohazard and even then they ship that shit out and it takes daaaaaaays.
>>
>>8854322
My brother gets chronic hives because he is one of those special cases where he is almost allergic to the world. Kind of sucks, but those she has are not hives. Definitely bed bugs like you say.
>>
>>8853083
Do people NOT realize that not making an extra lining for suits can cause you to sweat and create rashes? This is why the expensive online bought ready-made suits are so pricey. Their lining is to prevent sweat rubbing against the latex or pleather and to not create painful rashes after persistent wear. I feel like this is all from people who don't know how to test fabric allergies and don't lookup how to properly line or wear certain articles of clothing.

I swear...If this results in needing a huge sign at fabric stores to say, "TEST ON SKIN BEFORE PURCHASE", I'm done. I hate when common sense ISN'T common sense.
>>
>>8854322
Any small bug could cause this. We used to worry about what we called chiggers in our grass. They left similar marks.

But it's not hives or even a chemical reaction
>>
>>8854285
how is this HER fabric when it's just stuff you can purchase at Spandex Depot and other stores. She didn't design these at all.
>>
>>8854298
SFO will not check your baggage in if your flight departs in 50 mins or less. I don't believe this girl went to an anime con without checked baggage.
This story is complete bullshit.
>>
>>8853476
I'm going to take her word with a grain of salt. There's a lot of drama with her in the ATL area. She also failed at making a career in theater and claimed, at one point, to have been asked her information by Yaya's agent. She's also bashed Yaya in private circles.

She also lied about her involvement on Constantine to further herself in the community.

So, really, I would not trust her at all.
>>
>>8854352
She talked about the fabric in a discussion with her personal Facebook not as GSTQ so I'm more inclined to believe her. Mind you this is really only about the stretch pleather and twill no word on the brocades but I doubt she cares about those. And I don't really care about the drama. And honestly everyone bashes Yaya in private circles. Though a lot of the bashing comes down to "she's good at what she does but she can be really dumb sometimes."
>>
>>8854366
That tumblr user anon is talking about is NOT GSTQ so I'm confused wtf you are even on about.

That tumblr user is a cosplayer named RhapsoCosplay.
>>
>>8851405
RIGHT?! I've bought fabric for term garments for $50+/yd. Sheeeeit. Sometimes you have to suck it up and drop that money at B & J's or Elegant Fabrics.
>>
>>8852572
What part of the midwest, anon? There's hidden gems all over this place.
>>
Apparently doctors are "positive it's something about the fabric". Now to wait for a GFM for a new washing machine because this one is ruined by this chemical.
>>
>>8854411
>being washed in hot water
The instructions say to use cold water.

And her washer machine is ruined?

I'm calling bullshit on that.
>>
File: 20160208_181345-1.jpg (3MB, 1941x2576px) Image search: [Google]
20160208_181345-1.jpg
3MB, 1941x2576px
>>8854411
How do I read directions durrrr hurrrrrrrrrr.
>>
>>8854414
I want to hear from these supposed others who have had the same reaction to the fabric. Why haven't they said anything? One was supposedly at the League of Legends gathering at ALA, if this actually happened there then there would have been something public before now.
>>
>>8854411
What others? There is literally no others. WHO ARE THESE MYSTERIOUS OTHERS? Is the saga going to turn into this doctor suddenly has an influx of mysterious unnamed cosplayers?

And again what is with this "anti-mold" shit? Someone ask her what the chemical is called. She went to the ER, she should have discharge papers with the diagnosis. If the chemical was the cause it'd be listed none of this "I can't pronounce/spell it" crap. No search has turned up a chemical called "demphy" let alone an anti-mold chemical applied to synthetic fabric.
>>
>>8854366
GSTQ isn't the queen of fabrics. Most of us have been working with fabric just as long as she has. I also can't take most of her word since she is BFFs with Yaya and uses leather for mostly everything. Her work is great but never liked her fabric choices.
The majority is upset over the types of fabric it is and it's cost yet they are being advertised as the greatest shit in existence.
>>
>>8854425
The girl who posted it originally said there were 2 others who had this problem at ALA.
>>
>>8854414
Given the fact that you can dye fabric in your washing machine and then use it without problems to do your laundry, provided you clean it by running a cycle afterwards, I'm calling bullshit too.
>>
>>8854420
How fat are you?
>>
File: 20160208_182114-1.jpg (3MB, 2107x2153px) Image search: [Google]
20160208_182114-1.jpg
3MB, 2107x2153px
Guys send help! Yayas fabric is eating my face off!
>>
>>8854411
She probably bitched to the doctor saying she was wearing fabric with chemicals on it so of course the doctor would come to that conclusion. The doctor would not be testing the fabric in a lab. This girl keeps trying to cover her ass but it's not working.
>>
>>8854411
The funny thing is that someone who disputed the claim that it was all for attention for a response about an anti-mold treatment. Suddenly ALL THESE CLAIMS appeared that is has to do with these anti-mold things!

Also, according to the timeline, seems a bit early for results to be back. From the sounds of it this person also got wind of the same dispute post talking about when the fabrics were released vs. ALA happening and how no one wouldve had the fabric [large enough pieces to make anything out of it, samples or not]. Just a bunch of people trying to cover their asses because their lies don't match up.
>>
>>8854434
Total landwhale. Moby dick has nothing on me.
>>
>>8854432
THE FABRIC NEVER WENT ON THE SHELVES FOR ANYONE TO HAVE IT AT ALA.
>>
>>8854443
We know this already, but these people seem to think that no one knows this. And people are eating it up because all the Yaya Hateraid.
>>
Heading to Colma I'll see if it's there yet.
>>
>>8854444
Little did they know, there's nothing /cgl/ hates more than people who crowdfund.
>>
>>8854432
So they now want us to believe two other cosplayers got to that mythical preview sale made costumes and got to the con all on the same day.

But they just don't feel like posting about it. Her word is TOTES reliable.
>>
>>8854449
They should've expected it. We can smell a drop of bullshit in a sea of drama in a heartbeat.

Yaya drama is commonplace, but this unfolding bullshit is gold. Of course we'd leap on it.
>>
>>8854411
Someone just get her to admit she got bug bites from her shitty hotel bed.
This is exhausting.
>>
>>8853507
i do, not sure why this is a rare thing. prevents shrinkage if you need to wash something.
>>
>>8854461
post screen?
>>
>>8854461
I feel good that /cgl/ is a place where we can make the liars admit to shit.
>>
>>8854411
I got a weird rash from a medication a couple weeks ago and my doctor wouldn't confirm or deny anything and didn't do any tests, just told me to discontinue the medication immediately and see if I get better.
People just keep pressing her until she makes a contradiction we can call her on. I learned this in PW games and I'm pretty sure it translates into real life OK.
>>
>>8854466
I think anon is asking for someone to please manage to get her to fess up
>>
>>8854471
Ooh. I read that as 'got', not 'get'.
>>
>>8854470
So basically this whole thing has turned into a huge Ace Attorney game?

I mean there's already enough holes in the story. Including people going to the actual store to confirm.
>>
>>8848647
The one I work at doesn't let you order licensed fabrics.
>>
>>8854476
Show her your attorney pin
>>
>>8854468
/cgl/ seems to be the only place bored enough to go into detail about this kind of thing. It's what I like doing though, honestly.
Just look at how many people blindly accepted that Yaya Han's fabric is the devil and makes your skin melt.
>>
>>8854297
While I normally worship the ground GSTQ walks on, I'm taking her review with a big grain of salt. She and Yaya are friends and occasional business/panel partners, so it would be ridiculous to expect her to bash Yaya's fabric. I also gave a big side eye to her claim that the price point was on par with or cheaper than the average.

That being said, >>8854291 is salty as fuck. There's nothing wrong with the matte/higher quality 4-way stretch except maybe the price.
>>
>>8854425
Other kidlets are now jumping on the gravy train and claiming that they've had reactions from just touching it in the store.
>>
File: Melting-witch.jpg (75KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
Melting-witch.jpg
75KB, 500x412px
>>8854486

I totes uset her fabrik and now I look lik dis
>>
>>8854491
She's emphasizes it's worth it with coupons which I think it reasonable
>>
>>8854420
Sausage fingers
>>
>>8854420
>>8854435
Not sure if man or very fat, hairy girl.
>>
Can we talk about how the picture of the alleged reaction was taken in 2012 ?À

that OP worked real hard to hide the EXIF data...
>>
>>8854495
the person who made the original claim for her "friend" started that too, saying 2 days later her eczema started on her hands after not having a breakout for 15 years and was filled with puss. I know eczema is an autoimmune problem, but I've never heard of anyone having a breakout that involved puss.
>>
>>8854527
HOLY SHIT
>>
>>8854529
Eczema doesn't puss. I have eczema. I have had SEVER eczema breakouts to the point of bleeding. It never, EVER pusses. No matter what the issue is for eczema. This cunt is a huge liar. I'm actually insulted to hear her say her eczema pussed. Jimmies legit rustled.

Also, for anyone else who may have it, don't use cortisone. Use St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter lotion. It contains Urea with a natural antibiotic that soothes eczema and other dry skin conditions that can flare up. I'm on the bad end of everything though. I have eczema which is one autoimmune AND I have hoshimotos [type of thyroid disorder]. I got two and never, ever have I had problems with eczema since I've used St. Ives. Bee 4 years so far. Much better from what it used to be with bloody and patches everywhere.
>>
>>8854495
Of course they are. Because it took this girl washing it in hot water and wearing it for a few hours to have a reaction but they're just ~so delicate~ they react just by touching it.

Believable. I am tempted to buy a yard just to wear it around for awhile.
>>
>>8854536
...you do know what urea is right?
>>
>>8854527
What!? Post your proof now! This will shut her down if it's true!
>>
>>8854527
Oh jesus christ. It's like they're wanting to be caught.

I am dying here.
>>
>>8854541
Its not urine if that is what you are going to say. In fact, our bodies naturally produce one of the two types of urea. Won't thin my skin like cortisone will and won't create spider veins on legs.
>>
>>8854536
I get eczema on my hands, and haven't had a severe breakout (bleeding) for almost 6 or 7 years now. I do get it pretty bad when I'm really stressed out. I've always used cortisone cream and have never had a problem.
>>
>>8854541
Here! Have some more info before you talk more about what urea actuallyis! http://thenakedchemist.com/what-is-urea-and-its-benefits-in-skincare/
>>
File: backphoto.png (27KB, 452x680px) Image search: [Google]
backphoto.png
27KB, 452x680px
Put the photo through metapicz, is this what you're talking about? >>8854527
>>
>>8854553
Can someone post the original photo?
>>
>>8854542
Holy shit just checked myself it's true. Give me a sec and I'll post.

Only thing better would be if it was a random found image and not even her friend.
>>
>>8854562

Try next time.
>>8853084
>>
>>8854562
Original.
>>
>>8854566
Because that's obviously the original photo, right?
>>
>>8854567
>>8854570
Not much difference, anon, besides ones comes with the cringey lie post.
>>
>>8854573
Pretty sure anon was asking for original photo to look at EXIF data. You think you can use that screencap for that?
>>
>>8854566
Idiot what can we do with a screencap of a facebook comment that contains the image.

You are not Ace Attorney material.
>>
>>8854420
>tiny ham hands

holy fuck, im dying here.
your middle finger looks about the size of my thumb
>>
>>8854470
I don't buy the doctor telling her it was because of the fabric. She is probably looking at it through her anti-Yaya lense or something. The causes of symptoms such as rashes are so extensive, it's irresponsible to pin it 100% on just one thing after a few hours of observation.
>>
>>8854626
The doctor would do an allergy test on her back with about 60 dfifferent common allergens. Thats usually how they test allergies, not bloodwork.
>>
File: 20160208_155806.jpg (112KB, 503x895px) Image search: [Google]
20160208_155806.jpg
112KB, 503x895px
Here's the Colma location's Yaya section though there is no sign placard on it.

Please stop calling this place it's tiny and shitty and in the middle of a weekday only two people are there. One for the register and one for the floor/cutting.
>>
>>8854629
The doctor would also never "test the fabric". She seems to think a doctor's office is a forensic lab.

>>8854553
Am I an idiot or does metapicz show no EXIF data? At least when running >>8854567
>>
>>8854620
Sometimes I gnaw on it at night while I wish for some pastries.
>>
File: 20160208_155900.jpg (49KB, 504x895px) Image search: [Google]
20160208_155900.jpg
49KB, 504x895px
Here's the blue rubber stuff and it's extremely legit and easily the most worthwhile of the collection. The inside feels pretty normal and fairly soft. Is there supposed to be one in black? It would be amazing for something like Gantz or Undyne armor. The other pleathers are kind of whatever.
>>
>>8854301
It's not about being able to afford it, it's about taking time to budget so you can actually have some savings for, like, the real world where you can't sit on /cgl/ all day being entitled.
>>
File: BROCADES.jpg (393KB, 1027x942px) Image search: [Google]
BROCADES.jpg
393KB, 1027x942px
The brocades feel a little cheaper than I was hoping and the hyper ornamental ones Joann already had have a much better feel and designs.

The metallic spandex is fine and I saw the green one was already behind the cutting counter so someone got it for something. But in SF there's already places that have that for $10/yd.
>>
>>8854553
Hmm, I don't think this is accurate. Or, at the very least, not very reliable evidence. I ran another photo on the same FB thread (a picture of the Yaya bolts) and it came up as 2009... Obviously, that's not right, haha.
>>
>>8854013
The store opens at 9, not 8. No joanns do "fabric previews."
>>
tifaia made a post on tumblr saying the girl reached out to her and her story sounds like a lot of backtracking now. I guess she says the fabric was moldy and she caused a "chemical reaction" with soap which was what gave her a rash. OK sure.
>>
>>8854733
>the fabric was moldy
Yes, the brand new synthetic fabric on the first day it hit the shelf.
>>
File: fanpop-1.jpg (31KB, 476x471px) Image search: [Google]
fanpop-1.jpg
31KB, 476x471px
>>8854733
so it went from anti-mold chemicals to it was actually moldy?
>>
>>8854735
I think she's trying to imply that washing the clothes washed off some sort of anti-mold agent so it miraculously molded in the washer within minutes? girl needs to give it up already.
>>
maybe she was allergic to some synthetic material used in the fabric that she didn't have contact with in the past, so she didnt realize.
>>
>>8854299
what con was it?
tumblrcon?
>>
>>8854766
so witty anon you're just so witty
>>
>>8854735
can fabric actually mold ?
genuine question
>>
>>8854352
>bashed Yaya in private circles.
Who hasn't?
>>
>>8854420

What's wrong with your sausages?
>>
>>8854805
Yes

And now the person making the claims is crying about how it's a misunderstanding and saying people have violated their privacy
>>
>>8854435

Now you have to buy whatever you rubbed your greasy face on.
>>
>>8854805
Depends on the fabric but mold can definitely grow on it. I've thrown out a box of fabric that was left outside and found mold on a lot of the fabric inside(and the snails had made a home of it quiet a bit too)

I also scrubbed mold off of some leather.

But I highly doubt a brand new roll of synthetic material would have enough mold on it to make somebody ill.
>>
>>8854638
Spandex house sells the same thing for half the price.
>>
>>8854813
I love how they're only now crying about their privacy being violated when it doesn't benefit them anymore and people are calling bullshit on them.
>>
>>8854807
Undercooked them I am a horrible cook
>>
>>8854553

Don't know what you did to get that to happen, but it's not working here
>>
>>8854820
let this be an example to all
>>
>>8854310
completely agree with this anon....i stood there in front of the bolts and tried to think of ANYTHING somewhat common i could use the fabrics for. couldn't come up with anything....the colors and patterns are odd enough to make them completely unusable for most costumes.
>>
>>8854650
it's just that same nasty pattern in different colors.. i can get the same shit at a walmart for $1
>>
>>8854553
Tried doing the same with random other photos on FB and the date keeps bouncing around. Photos directly from camera to HD were accurate.

It's probably something with FB, so no, doing exif data with photos posted to FB are not accurate.
>>
>>8854830
They shouldn't be called "cosplay" fabric, they're "costume" fabric. They're made for tacky Elsa AUs and shitty ~sailor moon inspired~ outfits. They're what normies would think of when asked to imagine what cosplay was. Yaya is pretending to represent a niche market when she's really marketing to the broadest consumer base out there.
>>
>>8854819
Link? There's a lot on that site that are similar that are $10-15 and with the coupon the Joann stuff is the same and in hand quicker. People can't really judge Joann prices at face value anyone can tell you have to use coupons to get the real market price.
>>
>>8854826
Today was so fucking wild. I love when /cgl/'s like this.
Not even batshit drama flinging. This was an entire episode.
>>
>>8854843
CSI: CGL
>>
>>8854843
Today has been a fantastic ride.
>>
>>8854814
I did, it makes a great banana hammock.
>>
File: lenneth.jpg (13KB, 236x356px) Image search: [Google]
lenneth.jpg
13KB, 236x356px
>>8854830
Why does it have to be common? Most "common" costumes can be made from twill and poly. Vocaloids, AoT uniforms, Naruto, One Piece, seifuku etc

This is for the weird armor and super hero stuff. The colored spandex is good for weird colored armors and I wish more Sayakas utilized blue metallic spandex for their boob armor. The carbon fiber could be good for something in Mass Effect.

The brocades are the only thing that really seen out of place. That's there I guess for the people who want to make their own version of Yaya's peacock dress or some other original steampunkish design? Maybe for lining Castlevania outfits?

All hat being said, before any of this started, I've always been baffled by how few people seem to know Joann coupons exist and they probably thrive from this.

>>8854841
If we're going to nitpick then all fabric is costume fabric.

There's a whole other debate on what makes a "cosplayer" versus a "costumer"
>>
>>8854854
Anon all your comments in this thread have filled me with such joy. Bless you and your undercooked sausage fingers.
>>
>>8854632
You bring up a good point about calling. They're probably wondering what the fuck everyone keeps calling for. It's like the Joanns equivalent of "do you have battletoads?"
>>
>>8854864
i only meant commonly cosplayed characters, like marvel characters, star wars, disney, etc. stuff the normies would want to dress as. none of those metallics would work for most superhero costumes, they're way too neon. the blue ultrapreme pleather was great, but why not have it in black? that would be useful, not the weird "navy" they had at my store. i don't do much game cosplay, but the studded look pleather was baffling, but i guess maybe warhammer costumes? but none of those characters are mainstream.....which seems to be the market that joann's is trying to satisfy.
>>
>>8854411
Anyone wondering what type of paint she was using? Im pretty sure the whole thing with her using Yaya's line is bull but she never specifies what paint she used. I know some that can cause skin rashes. I'd be more prone to believe some chemical in that irritated her and stained her washer
>>
>>8854414
Not just that, but nobody mentions that she washed fabric "that had paint spilled on it" in the machine. Why would anyone wash something with paint on it in their washing machine? Also, if I had a breakout like this girl apparently did, why didn't she also look at the paint being an issue? Depending on the type, paint could make you break out. You aren't supposed to get it on your skin, especially not for prolonged periods. Why does she immediately blame the fabric?

This whole thing makes me feel really old. One person posts a BS story and then suddenly handfuls of other people are parroting a fake story, but have nothing to back it up. I am not a fan of Yaya whatsoever but this is just dumb.

I have sensitive skin and everything new I use is simply trial and error - everything from personal products (soap, lotion, bubble bath, etc) to fabrics and laundry detergent. If I have a bad reaction to a product I don't go bitching out the company that made it, I just discontinue using it. But oh wait, that's taking responsibility for my actions.

The whole thing reeks of Girl wanting attention (she certainly got it) and wanting to pin something on Yaya (which is dumb, as others have pointed out, Yaya doesn't manufacture the product).
>>
>>8854902

Because clearly that's what her ER doctor, House MD, told her when he sent the fabric to his buddies down at CSI:BS for testing.

Demphy anti-mold chemical that is actually mold caused by shitty paint, metallic spandex, and hot water. INSTANTANEOUS mold. Trust me, I'm a scientist.
>>
>>8854885
in b4 someone calls asking for battletoads fabric
>>
>>8854864

It's funny, I know someone who saw the new bolts in store this weekend and freaked out because he's been looking for that carbon print forever for his Mass Effect cosplay.
Most of those fabrics ARE useless, but a few of them are really helpful in specific contexts like the one this anon mentioned. She's not trying to reinvent the wheel here, she's trying to get weird fabrics into stores that cosplayers MIGHT need and might be hard to track down.
>>
>>8854923
Doing that tomorrow.
>>
>>8854902
post above yours pretty much posted the tldr of yours.>>8854896
>>
>>8854285
Yaya actually looks cute in this shot.
>>
>>8851302
just putting it out there... most of the women working at fabric stores are gay too
>>
>>8855096

None of this shit as anything to do with anything
>>
https://cosplaynewsblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/rashes-rumors-and-fabric/

I can't believe there are still people who think this person is telling the truth
>>
>>8855215
someone getting a rash from material is pretty plausible but I think for the most part people are just blowing it out of proportion just because its a yaya han product and its over priced.
if people are experiencing allergic reactions to it. im sure its a pretty low percent.
>>
>>8854835
> $1
Where in Walmexico?
>>
Fuck, the big thread in Cosplay Complain Center on FB got deleted

Also
>>8855215
>he
The friend's message said she had a rash on her vag. What kind of shitty journalism is this ?
>>
Ah yes and now that it's been deleted the cosplayer ayomeko has changed her name again. She did it after the parent food poisoning thing, and after she fought against people trying to say asians don't count as people of color,
Whatever it was before > Urushii > ayomeko > ayomi
Always keeping the Karri part.

Gotta say she's the first person I've seen that changes her name every time she pisses off the community.
>>
>>8853889
Kadeem and Maki are both East Coast. Maki's a stripper and Kadeem had a failed cosplay magazine
>>
>>8855215
So the girl who wrote the negative review tumblr is ALSO claiming to have had a reaction. (She's the Ren mentioned in the article.)

Seriously? I wonder if they realize this can and will get them sued.
>>
>>8854733
Anyone else get a random firecloak message on tumblr relating to this issue,
>>
>>8855670
What is a firecloak
>>
>>8855547
Why did she try to give her parents food poisoning in the first place?
>>
>>8855679
I think it was because she was mad at them for some ridiculously childish reason like telling her no to a homestuck costume she wanted comissioned and she wanted to get back.

It was in a cringe thread a few moths ago.
>>
Veerin away from all this chemicals nonsense.

When it comes to the fabric itself the brocades are pretty lame, the other brocades in Joanns are much prettier and interesting
plus Yaya’s brocades will scream at everyone that you are using the fabric.
The metallics and stretch pleather are okay …
A lot are saying that joanns already has those fabrics anyway but it isn’t quite the same
joann’s performance fabric gives of more of a sparkles effect than the yaya line, if I’m going for something flashy like idols,I’d rather use performance fabrics but if I’m not really feeling like I want a sparkly outfit, I’d rather go for the metallics.
With the pleather, the joanns stores in my area don’t have it and neither does online.
The closest thing I could find in store was similar to the sparkly performance fabric and looked bad .
The Ultrapreme was pretty cool but they only have it in blue in stores, I agree with whoever said the stores should have been sent black instead, or even white.
I don’t even know what the fuck the other studded pleather would be used for… Larping maybe?
For the prices, well until they go on sale, you can use multiple coupons, which brings them to $10 - $15 which I mean is the same online, without having to pay shipping.
Plus you don’t have to wait for payment to go through and then the shipping time .
>>
>>8855889
So pretty much Yaya’s line is good for when you need something last minute, when you prefer to buy things in person rather than online ( There are actually quite a few people who don’t like to spend the money on sample fabrics beforehand to check if the fabric is correct or not ), and if you don’t have a fashion district where you can check out a bunch of weird fabrics
so it’s kind of all about convenience in my eyes.

To some it’s all about how that bitch with boobs is trying to KILL US AND SCAM US UNTIL WE HAVE NO MONEY SO I HAVE TO GO AROUND AND MAKE ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BUY YAYA’S STUFF FEEL LIKE A PIECE OF SHIT AND TERRIBLE PERSON!!!!

But really all I see is a bitch with boobs finding another stupidly smart way to make money while simultaneously giving a nice convenience to others.

Obviously The company’s target audience isn’t people who boycott all things Yaya and Nigri, but to everyone else who’ll accept the convenience of being able to quickly get a hold of these fabrics.
>>
I'm not sure about either side of the story at this point, first off.

I went to my local JoAnnes just now and picked up the fabric. I have an extremely good nose and I have to say there was a STRONG chemical smell in the fabric.

I'm not sure if she's lying or not but they do smell over-treated.
>>
>>8855919
The thing that makes the story unbelievable is the timing.
Unless the San Mateo store is the one lying to everyone, there is no possible way to have gotten the fabric before February 4th.
>>
>>8855919
I work at Joann's and ALL the fabric smells bad fresh off the truck (which is this stuff since it just got to stores). Even the fannel smells like this shit
>>
>>8856065
I've got 4 way stretch I ordered from spandex house that I've had for 4+ years and it still smells like dead fish. Some fabric just smells. It's not like all this spandex and vinyl is natural fibers.
>>
File: savior of poc.png (198KB, 875x1118px) Image search: [Google]
savior of poc.png
198KB, 875x1118px
>>8853178
Yeah, that was her. She's always spamming the nor cal cosplay groups with her stupid bullshit.
>>
>>8856322
This is absolutely stupid.

Needless to say, the irony is that most of the people who pulled this to shit on Yaya have now made her more of a victim of the community than an offender. Way to go, really. It's fucking embarassing to see the amount of people who now look like morons who, on top of that, don't understand the basics of buying fabrics.
>>
I found her cosplay page and hollllyyyy shiiit. This makes the wanting attention thing a lot more believable. Its Ayomeko cosplay.

she claims she gets too much male attention and then whats in the first few posts. Like REALLY?
>>
Watch out for mjolnirismypenis/ rhapsocosplay. She's now suddenly developing rashes after gaining tumblr gave for her review. Another fame hog.
>>
File: good shit.png (49KB, 532x219px) Image search: [Google]
good shit.png
49KB, 532x219px
I just saw this and it made me laugh
>>
>>8856322
People of Color, but not Asians, okay I'm out!
>>
>>8856611

Every couple weeks it's some new stupid bullshit with her and the mods/admins of the facebook groups should kick her out, but they dont for some reason.
>>
File: 1366688143814.png (165KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
1366688143814.png
165KB, 500x345px
>>8856546
Thread posts: 352
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.