[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pettis vs.Crinolines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: crinoline.jpg (153KB, 616x598px) Image search: [Google]
crinoline.jpg
153KB, 616x598px
Anyone prefer one over the other? How many lolitas actually wear a crinoline? Or is it reserved to accurate historical costumes instead?
>>
I wish more people who used crinolines understood that you still have to put pettis over them or you get lines in your dress. You can almost always tell who's using crinolines because they think it's a petti replacement.
>>
They are usually called "cage skirt" these days, you see them with ero a lot.
>>
I was thinking of trying a crinoline so I wouldn't have to worry about my pettis deflating anymore. Sitting sounds like a major pain in the ass though.
>>
You can't wear a crinoline without a petti. It will look awful. That said, I would love to have one so that I don't have to deal with how how layered pettis can be. Long bloomers would be a MUST though.

I don't know if there are any lolita length crinolines that are quality.
>>
All the homestuck kids used crinolines for "fancystuck" and I will forever associate them with that cringe
>>
>>8841602
You'd be better off using a short hoop skirt, much easier to deal with.
>>
Does anyone have examples of what the Fanplusfriend short cage skirt looks like with a petti over it? I have a CP A-line but I'm looking for even more extreme poof for a cosplay.
>>
I've got one from Fan Plus Friend. It's pretty good and if you wear dresses with heavier fabric, you don't get the lines. It's so great to wear in the summer.
>>
If anyone is interested there's a kid size crinoline skirt at ikea.

http://m.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/art/00311634/
>>
>>8841625
its not meant to actually be used as a crinoline, its just for stuff like >>8841597. there's too much space and not enough stiffness in the tapes between to make it work.

>>8841600
its easier if you get one made with the thinner flexible plastic coated metal boning rather than shaped hoops. they will flatten into an oval under pressure, but it does take some practice to get the sitting motion down (you have to kind of lift and tuck). its trickier than with a full length crinoline.

>>8841602
>I don't know if there are any lolita length crinolines that are quality.
if you've got some patience, a seam ripper, metal snips and 1" bias tape, its pretty easy to buy a bridal crinoline and shorten it up. theyre usually made in layers like a prairie skirt, so shorten/tighten each layer accordingly. the closer set bones will make it fairly strong and hold up well under a light petti and skirt. hell, while you're ripping it up anyway add some organza ruffles as a self-petti or even some inside so it doesn't feel so empty.
>>
I bought something like a hybrid between a petti and crinoline from Boguta on taobao. It's pretty good, the poofiness and shape are all adjustable!
>>
Do crinolines/cage skirts only come in the bell shape?
>>
>>8842568
Some of them are adjustable so you can shrink the upper hoops smaller.
>>
People would wear those without a petti? Jesus.
>>
File: Harold.png (96KB, 242x425px) Image search: [Google]
Harold.png
96KB, 242x425px
I wanted to look at getting a crinoline for my Harold cosplay, but I couldn't find anything that didn't sit at the waist which would probably get crushed and/or damaged under the corset, and I'd have had to remove the front and I wasn't sure if it would even survive that. I ended up going with a really fluffy petti I sliced a huge slit into, but I'm still not satisfied with it since clearly there's supposed to be a visible gap between the skirt and the rest of her outfit. Any suggestions/comments as to whether I could get a crinoline to work?
>>
File: Harold_Berselius.jpg (302KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Harold_Berselius.jpg
302KB, 768x1024px
>>8844398
Also here's another picture with a front view because I realized that view might not be the most helpful.
>>
>>8844398
Errr, wear the hoop skirt over the corset? Would that not be simpler? Then either cut the triangle out of the hoop skirt if the hoops are rigid enough or fill the space in with a section of thin clear acrylic so it keeps its shape and doesn't cave in if the slit goes all the way to the waistband, can't see easily from the image
>>
>>8844402
>>8844404
Ahh I see what you mean about under the corset, make a fabric gusset at the top then install the hoops into the gusset so they start just at the end of the corset
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.