I have never seen a lolita on real life, nor fairy kei or anything like that, only on cons. Even tough I believe there's plenty of lolitas in my country.
Do you wear your cool fashion in public? Does it affect you?
I wear it sometimes, but I am not very confident.
No, I fill my bath tub with milk and rose petals and wear my burando there.
Of course I wear it out. They're my clothes. Even when I save my more ott coords for big meet ups, I still have to get public transport to reach them, and I might be going somewhere else after. What's the point on spending money on expensive clothes and just wearing them at smelly conventions?
I'm a daily lolita so I wear it every time I go out. My style is very simple compared to what you normally see online, mind you, I usually stick to classic and don't wear prints.
>Does it affect you?
Depends on how you look at it. I've been a daily lolita for a few years now, at this point I've gotten used to it and I don't mind the attention most of the time (even when people are rude, and sometimes they are) so I guess it's helped me stop caring about the opinions of strangers and how they look at me or what they think about me.
I actually have seen a few lolitas outside of meet ups from time to time, but mostly it was around Japantown/ japanese fashion shops.
I used to wear lolita daily but can't anymore because of my work and don't want to anyway because my style changed a lot, but you know, those are clothes meant to be worn.
After a while being into alternative fashion you just get used to the stares and comment. I don't notice them anymore, and mostly go on and about with some music on anyway. But I found that if the style suits you and feels natural, you won't get much criticism really.
I'm into gyaru which is pretty wearable. So at least when I go out with friends I'll dress up. Also Lolita and stuff. My wardrobe is like 95% alternative j fashion and the rest 5% are my normalfag work clothes (would never want to ruin my burando with dirty childrens hands and eww no just no)
Anon i am from Belgium too. Where are you from? Lonelita here.
I actually never dared to besides friends in the past. I sold my shit teenage bodyline-mainly wardrobe years ago and now am trying to rebuild one since i am a bit more confident. But wouldnt dare to wear it out alone i am too self conscious and stuff. Also still living with parents and being told how weird i look when going and greeted back with a "you really went out like this" just...i don't even wanna have to deal with this. It's making me sad.
Yep, I wear it on average a couple times a month, usually when i go out with friends. I've seen quite a few stunning lolitas around town (including one who i always seem to see around my tiny neighborhood of town; never met her since i've usually seen her from the car/bus, but forever curious), but then again i'm a torontofag, so that probably explains a lot. People are pretty used to it around here so i dont catch a lot of flack; rather i more often than not end up attracting people who know about the fashion and ask me for wardrobe/shopping advice. It's pretty funny too, my parents & friends always get so excited and tell me when they spot another lolita around town and start describing their coord; it's like some sort of strange scavenger hunt or something
Havent seen a whole ton of other jfash styles other than some subtle influences here and there, though i did on one memorable occasion find myself (in total normalfag wear, going for groceries) sitting across from a girl on the bus in gorgeous head-to-toe mori kei
i wear comfygoth with a mix of japanese, gothic, and normalfag brands/thrift mostly. i have been incorporating ouji elements into my daily wear, but most of my items are formal (Boz, Moitie) so wearing them without a special occasion does not make sense. as i acquire more casual pieces i will wear actual casual ouji whenever i feel like it.
I used to be more enthusiastic about wearing it out, especially when I started. Lately though, I can't be bothered to wear it except for meetups and conventions, or meeting up with a friend or two every few weeks when our schedules align. I just don't feel like wearing it alone anymore. I don't like the attention on me, and I usually like to go about my business in peace instead of get stares, comments, pictures, whatever. I want to make an effort to get more wear out of my wardrobe but eehhh... fuck it.
I live in a tropical climate so I try to wear Lolita once or twice a month because 1) I don't do well in the heat and 2) I don't want to sweat all over my brand. I wear gyaru whenever I can since it's much lighter and easier to wear. I don't get many comments about wearing j fashion out but I get so many stares.
There's a small community where I'm at but mostly everyone is much younger than I am and it's really awkward hanging out with people that are several years younger than me.