[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Many male cosplayers who talk about being ignored cite a common

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 21

File: dudesmontage.jpg (210KB, 640x900px) Image search: [Google]
dudesmontage.jpg
210KB, 640x900px
Many male cosplayers who talk about being ignored cite a common reason why is that male characters in general have boring designs. Why do you think these complaints still surface?

A: People are only looking at a small group of male designs or shows where the male characters are bland

B: In general male fashion is a lot less interesting than female fashion. (Compare the wide assortment of skirts, dresses, jeans, pants, blouses in a female clothing section to the selection of button ups, slacks, jeans and basic shirts men have)

C: Men only THINK these designs are boring as they are most familiar with the clothes.

D: They are correct in judging the designs as creators in general do not pour a lot of thought in what a male character wears in response to females

E: People just love complaining and will use any excuse in the book
>>
A lot of it probably is from school uniform anime. Girls school uniform are consistently sailor fuku, which, despite being kind of plain or hard to match up to the series, are a lot cuter and out of the ordinary than slacks and a button up shirt. Samurai anime, sci Fi anime, etc don't have this problem. But lots of dudes are into harem moe blob anime and in those anime yes the dudes are boring or nonexistent
>>
A thread died for this.
Opening with a with a question or two is normal but if you want a multiple choice survey then use survey monkey, honestly this belongs on /a/.
If you want to generate discussion about cosplaying male mcs then let there be a discussion.
>>
>>8781020
I thought I could name some of these but checked google before posting and realised I was completely wrong. Also what character is middle row, four down?
>>
>>8781028
I mean it's not really a survey, it could just be that these are just talking points to go off of
>>
thar guy from denpa onna isn't really the same boring male lead, but half of these are from shitty eroge animakes so no fucking shit they're like that.
>>
>>8781059
Well look at it like this. How many characters can you name that require a white dress shirt and slacks

You've just checked off a HUGE portion of characters with that criteria
>>
A lot of male designs, in anime in particular, are bland af because the ultimate purpose of the series is for the otaku in question watching it to self insert. They are boring but do amazing things and catch the attention of so many amazing seeming female characters, because it's simple wish fulfillment. That's not to say there aren't good male designs ever, but it is more prevailant to make an average beta-ish MC because it is "more relatable".
Take shonen series for example. The target audience is young boys and they are interested in cool looking things and being the hero, so the character design reflects that. That's why you have 500 cool looking boys from Inazuma Eleven alone. Then you have your standard otaku-fare anime whose target audience are basement dwelling otakus. They're unremarkable so the main character will reflect that.
>>
>>8781071
how many girls are shitty school girls with no outstanding qualities other than their hair color? a fuckload. all the animes there are more focused on girls being cute and dudes getting their self-insert boring male lead boning the hot one while the others wait in line. but saying that's the entirety of anime is silly.
>>
>>8781082
Except those anime series have different designs on the school uniform. The skirts are different sizes, blouses come in different cuts. Meanwhile outside of a few exceptions the male uniforms are the same suit but different color blazers and ties.
>>
>>8781105
and? they're still just like the same 5 girls. are the clothes really your only issue? come on.
>>
>>8781105
Lmao, the way the chart is organized makes it look like boys in the top right wear dresses too.
>>
>>8781109
This thread is about cosplay, of course clothes are the only issue right now.

>>8781105
I feel like that part of the chart even gives too much credit to male uniforms. How many shows can you think of where the male uniform is just a black gakuran, or a blazer/tie combo that's some shade of navy/black?

The reason they're ignored is because they choose generic-ass designs and don't put as much effort (in general) into their appearance as the girls do. A girl can style a wig and do her makeup really well and look cute in a basic seifuku, but usually you just see guys toss on a blazer, skip a wig, and expect girls to fawn all over them. Bitch, don't expect me to put out for anything less than a tailored Gundam flight suit.
>>
>>8781028
>implying that the thread that died was any better
>>
>>8781161
A size check thread with 12 replies. I like this one better.
>>
>>8781157
> How many shows can you think of where the male uniform is just a black gakuran, or a blazer/tie combo that's some shade of navy/black?

Even better when it comes to summer uniforms then its just white dress shirts across the board
>>
>>8781020
Male characters aren't bland. In fact, new characters in anime are often made outlandish to stand out.

The reason men are ignored in cosplay is because the media outlets are made for and by males, and most men want to see scantily clad girls, not other men.
>>
>>8781211
I beg to differ. A majority of male characters I've seen outside of either outlandish shounen anime or (fujoshit bait) have been pure generic. It's a bit depressing to be honest. Every new anime I watch I try to see if there areguys that are cosplayable (and hopefully likeable to me as well) and they seem to be rarer and rarer.
>>
>>8781080
this.
>>
Two things

1. Male side characters are usually interesting in design

2. It's really perspective. Dude's find male fashion not as interesting as they're constantly wearing/exposed to it
>>
>>8781020
I've cosplayed Tsukune a few times and I almost always get a good amount of people (mainly girls oddly enough) who recognize me. But then again that series wasn't exactly normal and he kinda blossomed into something else.

It surprises me how many girls would know of that series given the TERRIBLE anime. The recognition is nice though.

Either way, just because the character looks bland doesn't mean that's the reason they're being ignored, the series might just be shit, and given most of these are moeblob animes anyways that wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>8781211
>Male characters aren't bland. In fact, new characters in anime are often made outlandish to stand out.
You kidding me? Most protagonist males are bland as fucking shit.
Tell me one outlandish male from a RECENT non-shounen or otherwise themed (ie. based off a game series or some shit idk)
>>
>>8781269
People are not forced to cosplay as protagonists.
>>
>>8781269
>No Shonen
>No games

Why the hell would you do that when those two areas have some of the most diverse and interesting designs
>>
Does not matter whether the character is in bland outfits or not, really. If the character has interesting personality & backstory, he can still stand out regardless.
>>
>>8781080
This
/thread
>>
Its not a familiarity thing, men's fashion really is just boring. Women wear clothes for a variety of reason i cant explain and an entire industry filled with creative people exists to create those clothes, guys usually just want to look nice.
Anyway, men still have plenty of great designs to cosplay from, just not as many stand outs from a typical show as female designs
>>
>>8781321
There is a male fashion industry too you pleb.
>>
I feel like the problem here is that you're too focused on generic school-life anime. I mean shit, look at Touken Ranbu. All the characters are male and have interesting different outfits that aren't all just the white button down and slacks you seem to be implying every single male character apparently wears.

Who cares if it's a game marketed to girls, the characters are still guys. It's like girls cosplaying from Kancolle despite it being marketed to men, there's no rule they can't wear that because its not produced for their demographic.
>>
>>8781080
Not for fujobait. Fujobait will almost certainly have a large variety of designs for the guys.

>>8781353
>Kancolle
>small c
>>
Male cosplayers are less likely to wear wigs and makeup, even in more interesting costumes. So many seem to shuffle around with sneakers and greasy natural hair and then complain when they don't get stopped. I think that seems like the biggest commonality, since it happens with fantasy series with distinct designs. Kirito from SAO and Robin from Fire Emblem both come to mind as cases where I see dudes just throw on the store bought costume with no attention to anything else except maybe weapons.
>>
>>8781020
You're wrong on everything except E.
Are you a butthurt feminist?
>>
>>8781370
>>small c

oh boo hoo, cry more
>>
>>8781020
It's pretty much a little of all of these, but I also find that even if there is a well designed male character in a series that's popular with guys, they usually don't fit the part or can't meet the skill level the costume requires. I've seen a lot of Kaminas but only a handful had the body, wig style, makeup, and costume construction at above basic minimum. There are great male characters out there in media made for males and general audiences, but a lot of guy cosplayers themselves don't put in the effort or just don't even try.
>>
>>8781037
The main character of Highschool of the dead
>>
>>8781414
Well, I like having a styled wig and make-up either if the character is bland or an armored warrior. And the cosplayer guys I hang on with also put a lot of effort on getting those things done right.
So I guess that makes the difference between the ones that simply want to wear a cosplay and those who want a well-made job and becoming the character.
>>
>>8781296
Because we're talking about basement dwelling otaku bait here, the kind that asshole dudes who whine about not getting recognized love.
>>
>>8781414

What if I'm a guy who makes his own costumes, wears wigs, wears makeup, and still doesn't get stopped?
>>
>>8781635
Either your character isn't popular/recognizable enough, your costume is actually shit, or your costume is so good that people get intimidated. It's probably one of the former though.
>>
>>8781626
This
>>
Guys don't like wigs.
Guys also have facial hair that they might not want to get rid of.
>>
Maybe stop watching shitty harem anime. The male designs for female oriented stuff is much more diverse and colourful, but most men are afraid of looking too feminine and/or having to put effort towards things like wigs and makeup.
>>
>>8781635
Not anyone else's problem but yours. You not being able to make your own friends is pretty pathetic. Fix that yourself.
>>
>>8782010

Those are plebs.
>>
>>8781269
One Punch Man
>>
>>8781635
what >>8781639 said. There's always a chance of getting nothing even when you put the work in, especially if it's work that isn't super flashy and obvious to the casual observer. "because you're a dude" would not be anywhere near my top guesses as to why you're not getting stopped.
>>8781569
Same with the guys I tend to hang out with, but on average to me it seems there's a greater percentage of men who don't bother or whine about makeup being for girls or whatever.
>>
>>8782494
>There's always a chance of getting nothing even when you put the work in, especially if it's work that isn't super flashy and obvious to the casual observer. "because you're a dude" would not be anywhere near my top guesses as to why you're not getting stopped.

Actually we had this discussion before and there were photographers and other people saying that they do not stop male cosplayers simply because they do not want to shoot men. Granted I think its a small minority of cases but it does happen
>>
>>8781028
This thread is cosplay related so let it be.
>>
>>8782433
Fucking chads
>>
>>8781110
Well in a way that is true, that Visual Novel/ Anime is about a guy who has to attend a girl's boarding school so he does have to wear the one on the left.
>>
>>8782055
This.
>>
Why is it so hard to admit that males just don't know how to do cosplays? They can't sew and they don't want to learn, they think they're automatically good prop makers thanks to their gender despite their work being shit, they don't want to use wigs, they don't want to use makeup, they usually have bulky faces but still pick bishie animu guys they don't fit at all. Most of the well-known male cosplayers just make simple shirtless cosplays or pick characters that have full armor or clothes you can buy.
>>
>>8784448
stop that.
>>
>>8781211
>media outlets are made for and by males

Social media is vastly more popular with females
>>
File: 18ljifv63xc3xjpg.jpg (113KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
18ljifv63xc3xjpg.jpg
113KB, 640x360px
>>8784448
Yeah because sewing is completely tried to genetics. Also cosplayers who go full armor/mecha usually make their own outfits
>>
>>8784448
>#notallmen
>>
File: lipton-tea-city-of-animals.jpg (17KB, 716x402px) Image search: [Google]
lipton-tea-city-of-animals.jpg
17KB, 716x402px
>>8784448
Then why are the majority of most bad cosplayers girls, anon? There are probably more shitty elsas than their are bad male cosplays in all on its own. Whenever I give a guy advice about wearing a wig they usually listen. The girls usually go on a tirade about how cosplay is for fun.

desu I think the BIGGER issue here is just that anime guys have feminine faces, while men in general look like... men. I don't know any guys who can pull off that look. You'll notice even that most "popular" male cosplayers stick to video game cosplays, and it's because if you're hot you can do that. Being hot won't make you passable in an anime cosplay, though.
>>
>>8784448
B-but I'm a male and I do all of that - well I haven't needed to use makeup for a cosplay yet, but I sew all of my shit and never buy pieces because I want to be 100% responsible for my work
>>
>>8784532
male cosplayers are not expected to be good, the only male cosplays that get agknowleged are the attentionwhore slut ones, but even those are getting ignored because every guy and their dad has now done one in a desperate attempt to be the male jessica nigiri
every male character will have been done better by a crossplayer at some point
>>
>>8784516
women are steriotyped to like social media so im going to ignore statistics about them: the post
>>
>>8784589
>every male character will have been done better by a crossplayer at some point

Yeah because can expect females to do good cosplays of Terminator, Batman, Namor and all other beefy characters from live action science fiction and comics
>>
>>8782440
published in shonen jump
>>
>>8784599
cry more maleanon
most male cosplayers do not have the body type to pull off that shit, and are too whingey about muh masculinity to modify themselves with contouring ectt to accomplish this, female cosplayers on the other hand will do alot more than inexperianced nerdboiiis ever could try
>>
my contribution to this thread lol
>>
>>8781269
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Gugure! Kokkuri-san, Noragami, Nagi ni Asakura...
>>
>>8784607
You two should date.
>>
>>8784624
men dont watch many anime that actually have in depth male characters because they tend to fall away from tittymonster desu paradise

i also want to mention the pompadour kings:
space dandy, cowboy bebop and redline

those all wont challenge the poor mens masculinity minus having to actually put the effort into it with making the cosplay/wearing a wig ect, wich i guess would upset the poor boys itt, as theyre entitled crybabies who want tthe attention of a good well done cosplay, but without the effort to put in

just like the big bad feminists they complain about tthey want something, ignore its existace when presented with it, and refuse to make it themselves

male cosplayers itt are just as bad and entitled as sjes
>>
>>8784627
this is a lesbian board anon >:(
>>
>men complaining that women get all the attention
>men are the ones giving women the attention
Sounds like people just like crying to me.
>>
>>8784599
I love how people always pull the "B-BUT THE BEEFY CHARACTERS CHICKS CAN'T DO THEM!!" card, as if your basic pasty nerd boy could do them justice either.

Men look really ugly when cosplaying something like pretty anime guys unless they have won the beautiful genetic lottery or know how to photoshop the hell out of their faces.
>>
>>8784597

Where are the statistics?

I'd like to see it actually. Because in my experience women are way more invested and active on all forms of social media.
>>
>>8784651
I don't think anyone expects 100% accuracy with faces when it comes to cosplay... I don't give a shit about faces at all really. 2D never translates to 3D unless you hit the genetic lottery, which 99% of cosplayers haven't.

I'm a guy and average looking at best but I still get complimented on my Batora cosplay. But hey if you want to keep gunning people just bc their face doesn't suit the cosplay, go ahead.
>>
File: ukstats4-550x321.png (69KB, 550x321px) Image search: [Google]
ukstats4-550x321.png
69KB, 550x321px
>>8784653
a recent statistic, the 66 v 77 percent one was based on 2005, when women were the majority
we also need to account for the fact men pretend to be women online for fetish/roleplay alot too
>>
File: who-uses-sns.png (24KB, 440x456px) Image search: [Google]
who-uses-sns.png
24KB, 440x456px
>>8784660
another one not based on the UK alone
there is not a large difference
>>
>>8784651
>Men look really ugly when cosplaying something like pretty anime guys

Because every male character in existence of fiction is a pretty anime guy. Let's ignore beefy, fat, average build, cubby, obese and rail thin
>>
>>8784660
>we also need to account for the fact men pretend to be women online for fetish/roleplay alot too

I'm sorry, but I can't let this slide. Suffering from gender dysphoria is hardly a fetish. Online is one of the few places it can happen for me, because of my body and appearance. In general, I would agree that those people exist, but please consider not being so generalized in that kind of description.
>>
>>8784601
It was a web comic first
>>
>>87846>>8784632
I disagree!
>>
>>8784663
>>8784660

Sure, I guess.

The bar graph literally has no source and could be made in about 30 seconds.

And the second stats say nothing about actual amount of usage, or usage of multiple sites. Just flat 1 or 0, "Do you use social media?"
>>
>>8784680
or you could reverse image for the source
>>8784673
i dont mean to insult you in any way, i had trans women under women honestly, and men who roleplay as women online/catfish in another group
>>
>>8784673
>>8784687
>Anon apologizing for calling out another Anon who pretends to be a girl.

Really? Don't indulge the Anon with mental issues. The only thing wrong with pretending to be a girl on the internet is believing you're really a girl. Please kill yourself dysphoria-Anon.
>>
>>8784687

My main problem with that data is that it has no way to differentiate between a male who checks facebook for 5 minutes and a woman who spends 8 hours updating instagram, facebook, pinterest, myspace, geocities all at once.
>>
>>8784609
two complete different protagonists, for those who are blind.
>>
>>8784651
Cept beefy dudes actually cosplay
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 500x547px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 500x547px
>>8781268
Hnnnng
>>
>>8782943
It's a shame really. I'm a cosplay photographer, and some of the coolest cosplays I've seen were done by male cosplayers. I remember at Kamicon 2015 there was one guy who cosplayed Blade, and he looked awesome. Definitely made sure to get a pic of his cosplay.
>>
Guys have shit taste in anime, therefore the characters they see will look like shit. That's why all guys flock to characters like Kirito or Eren who are actually recognizable. They're still self inserts, but they're self inserts with a ~unique~ costume.
>>
>>8786368
Agreed
>>
>>8781020
Many popular anime have "plain" main characters for the sake of self inserting so that plain nippon no people can relate to the main. This is why the male main might look boring, and people should know that this apply to almost every popular anime
>>
>>8784632
Hey I've watched and loved every anime that other person listed.
>>
>>8782010
Then don't cosplay.
>>
>>8782010
They can do any cosplay with a helmet or mask
>>
>>8781020
OP's pic lacks Keiichi of Ah Megami-sama! Pretty much the guy that originated this cliche. As a whole, imho, male characters in anime are more interesting than female ones... but lead characters tend to be the least interesting characters in most series regardless. The odds of this happening increases when it's a male lead in a harem series.
>>
>>8781353
Men who watch/read shoujo or josei are in a small minority. As for fujobait, many straight boys and men don't want to deal with the "omg are you gay?" questions and teasing from friends that will almost inevitably come from cosplaying a character in one of those shows.

Girls and women who cosplay from anime for men don't get looked down upon in the same way unless they're dressing in "slutty" outfits.

The only options guys really leave themselves with are shounen or seinen, and then, we'll either get problems like there being 3000 Kiritos or the outfits being as bland as can be. I'm already predicting tons of half-assed One Punch Man cosplays coming our way in 2016.
>>
>>8781020

They have done polls [wish I remember the site that I saw it posted from a magazine in Japan] that state that male readers more relate to the bland male lead because it feels more realistic to how they are and gives them some nice feels when the bland character is sought after by all these cute girls. Most of the readers are single men, usually without girlfriends. Being able to relate to a character that looks like how they feel about themselves is how books get bought. It's the same for hentai games in Japan that come out where you only see the male's hands. Its gives this illusion that this could BE you.

Its a smart selling point and how things have been marketed for years. If you want good male characters then you need to look for non-leads or characters outside of the genre you are interested in unfortunately. Otherwise:

>>8788339
>3000 Kiritos or the outfits being as bland as can be
>>
>>8788355
To be honest tho, most fujoshit leads are still pretty blandly dressed...
>>
You wanna make a cool costume? Then choose a character who has a cool costume. It's that easy!
>>
>cosplay only western comics
>no problems ever

Why a guy would ever cosplay from anime (unless theyre beefcake berserk tier) is beyond me. To each their own.
>>
>>8787981
Men with facial hair and short hair usually move toward cosplaying from comics
>>
>>8788339
>The only options guys really leave themselves with are shounen or seinen

Are we completely forgetting about movies, comics, games and books?
>>
>>8788613
Was talking specifically about anime.
>>
>>8788471
I have serious difficulty thinking of any male character who has a nice costume, though. You have plenty of casual outfits and school blazers, you then have the cool shounen-style ott costumes like lelouch and archer, but I want something that's not massively imposing but still something, you know?
>>
File: 13925269162_0af4ceb469_o.jpg (2MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
13925269162_0af4ceb469_o.jpg
2MB, 2048x1365px
I'm seeing a bit of "There's plenty of cool characters/costumes out there! Just pick one and do it!"
Call me naive but I always thought you got into and chose a character to cosplay by not only liking that character design in terms of appearance but also you find the character themselves interesting, plot wise, personality wise, are they your favourite character etc. I can imagine it's hard to find an interesting Male character that you like that has an interesting design in terms of clothing and appearance, you might not always be into the shows that I've seen listed here and the thing is there's only a handful of male characters out there with more complex/interesting clothing designs without delving into the armour or mecha side of things
>>
>>8789364
so you think that dudes like these plain-spaghetti self insert dudes?
>>
>>8789399
Well I mean you can like whatever the hell you want to, desu. It's not up to me to tell you what you should like. I know plenty of guys who watch all kinds of anime and yeah some like the plain-spaghetti self insert dudes. sometimes they just like the little details that they may have, hair colour/style, they may prefer the more simpler style of the blazer/trouser combo with it's own twist to its school uniform code etc.

There's a lot of fucking generalizing going on in the thread atm which is probably because the question was directed in a general way, but some guys just like that kind of thing or don't mind it. I did try to get across though that I agree there are not as many flamboyant or over the top male characters in terms of clothing/style,
But like I said, I saw a bit of "Oh but there's plenty of characters you could do"
Yeah well maybe some guys genuinely don't like those shows? there should be more variety in design for male characters in general,
But in my opinion (which is probably going to get trodden on i dunno) Cosplaying should also be about bringing that character to life in not just appearance but personality too, what famous habits does that character have (twirling of hair, constantly chewing gum etc) So maybe some of the more plain characters do make up for their plain-ness in personality or how they act? Is there something wrong with wanting to cosplay the more plain and simple characters?
>>
>>8789399
I used to watch harem anime solely for the male protagonist because with the amount of girls they accumulated, at least one of the girls would be close enough to be easily self inserted to.
>>
>>8788706
If anime has such shitty options then just don't cosplay anime
>>
File: latest.jpg (543KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
543KB, 1000x1000px
>>8789294
>>
File: IMG_0034.jpg (120KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0034.jpg
120KB, 640x640px
hey look, a thread relevant to my lack-of-life

top second from the left is the kid from kure-nai
under him is the guy from chobits

third down in the middle is the school days guy? I think. To the right of him is the kid from h2O footprints in the sand

third from the bottom on the far right is the guy from Air

aaaand bottom left is the whiner from zero no tsukaima
>>
>>8782055
no need to even go to female oriented stuff. most manga and anime have either boring realistic clothes for everyone, males and females, or cool fantastic clothes for everyone. shitty harem is basically the only stuff where it's not the case.
>>
File: shin.jpg (104KB, 600x810px) Image search: [Google]
shin.jpg
104KB, 600x810px
>>8789294
basically just a suit and sneakers and you can still look incredibly cool while hiding your ugly mug with a mask.
you're welcome.
>>
File: 218.jpg (1MB, 1600x917px) Image search: [Google]
218.jpg
1MB, 1600x917px
There's plenty of distinctive and interesting outfits for guys in anime, they're just not in the bland stereotypical high school bleh.
>>
>>8789773

Good luck doing T&B without being a twig with a perfect jaw
>>
File: image.jpg (145KB, 390x552px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145KB, 390x552px
Tons of different body types and recognizable designs.
>>
>8789792
You say that like that's not the standard for pretty much every female cosplay ever.
>>
Weighing in as a male cosplayer who regularly crossplays, I've had treatment from both spectrums. I think that male cosplays are typically harder to pull off simply because the costumes have very little elements to work with. To be more specific, female costumes can draw attention away by having elaborate hairdos, showing abit of leg, showing some cleavage etc so the attention to the parts of the costume (or cosplayer in question) which are less than ideal is diluted. In male costumes, your physique, facial features are in more immediate limelight so a failure to impress in any of those leads to a general bad impression to the costume on the whole. I don't think it is immediately tied to the biological of the cosplayer in question more than how suitable your features are for each cosplay
>>
>>8792237
Step 1: Stop liking shitty harem anime with boring male designs and elaborate female designs.
Step 2: You're done.
>>
These complaints are nothing compared to when Azumanga kickstarted the slice of life wave. Forget about boring male designs, those shows just had no male characters what so ever
>>
Stop cosplaying from anime

BAM, problem solved
>>
>>8782055
My first thought for this desu, In animes like Oremonogatari There are a few dudes you could cosplay (and be recognized.) Same for stuff like School Rumble, or wolf girl, black prince. Off the top of my head I know 4 different male characters that could be recognizable. Also, Free.
>>
>>8784532
Because as a whole, there are more girls who cosplay. That's just math, anon.
>>
>>8798171
Does windows 8 autocorrect? That was supposed to say desu, not desu.
>>
File: word filters.png (2KB, 176x51px) Image search: [Google]
word filters.png
2KB, 176x51px
>>8798171
>>8798178
It's the wordfilter desu senpai.
>>
>>8789459
>Yeah well maybe some guys genuinely don't like those shows? there should be more variety in design for male characters in general,

It's not usually that genuinely don't like those shows. It's usually that they've never even heard of them.
With anime, there are a few popular shows every year that everyone and their mom watches, and everything else gets forgotten and sinks into obscurity. The anime of the year are always either shounen or edgy seinen.
>>
>>8798171
>Oremonogatari
shoujo romance. Too girly for guys.

>School Rumble
ok, but too old for this generation.

>wolf girl, black prince
shoujo romance, and shitty shoujo romance at that. Way too girly for most guys.

>Free
fujoshi bait which carries the "are you gay?" stigma. Plus, most anime nerds can only dream of having bodies like that.
>>
>>8784644
Keep it 100 now. We are in the age of the intetnet. The people who consume the most cosplay online arent cosplayers. They are dudebros who have never touched a needle before. If you want irl proof do a good topical cosplay at a gaming con. They act like youre magician. It's not male cosplayers pushing up jnigs likes on facebook.
>>
>>8789364
Thank you anon. This is why i do gender bends and crossplays. I can't stand self insert 'guy gets the girl' animes. Western comics are stupidly cookie cutter so i dislike them. Games were never really my thing so I didnt get into that vein of cosplay. I like my magical girl bullshit animes. So i do my best to design a worthwhile genderbend, or sack up and try my best at crossplay. I know full well my homura i wont get much attention as a female homura cosplay and i have no right to get upset by that fact. That's just the game. I just like cosplaying the characters i actually like tho.
>>
>>8803201
>. Western comics are stupidly cookie cutter so i dislike them.

And anime isn't?

PS western comics are a lot more than cape bullshit
>>
File: cast.jpg (124KB, 988x250px) Image search: [Google]
cast.jpg
124KB, 988x250px
More suggestions off the top of my head:

Danganronpa, Umineko and Prison School (if you can get a group of friends) work very well, they have very unique male characters.

Also guys from Shin Megami Tensei and Persona series.
>>
>>8781020
>A: People are only looking at a small group of male designs or shows where the male characters are bland
Change this to
>Most anime fans watch terrible surface level shit with boring character designs, usually just one girl with a thing to draw people in
>>
File: oso.jpg (162KB, 720x370px) Image search: [Google]
oso.jpg
162KB, 720x370px
Osomatsu-san is literally on air right now and is pretty popular while having normal and plain yet distinguishable clothing. Yet I have yet to see a single male cosplay from it. Probably the most ideal cosplay for a friend group of lazy Asian guys to cosplay. But chances are:
>No wigs because muh real hair
>No makeup because "the original characters don't wear any"
>Inaccurate pants and shoes
>>
>>8803201
can't tell if shit taste or just that unknowledgeable about anime, manga and comics in general.

well, at least you're not ashamed of what you like...
>>
>>8781020
That one dude from Higurashi think his name was Keiishi would actually be pretty interesting since that anime is super murderous and what not. There's many scenes where he's covered in blood after beating someone to death with a baseball bat. I'm pretty sure with a lot of these characters you just got to work with them/ use props. It's not too hard unless the anime was shit.
>>
Because male character design is fucking boring...

What male cosplay get's time on the image sharing sites?
All of them with the most outlandish examples of design, or literally the most infamous males in the genre (ex: Lupin the Third ... HIGHLY recognizable character)
>>
File: Seiya_Kanie.png (301KB, 614x1052px) Image search: [Google]
Seiya_Kanie.png
301KB, 614x1052px
>>8784609
But Kanie has a very distinct outfit he wears for most of the season.
>>
>>8808250

All of the Persona boys are better off crossplayed, except maybe Kanji.
>>
>male characters are bland

Yeah no, the only one cosplaying non bland anime boys are usually guys, can give few examples.

Sasuke Uchiha, Vergil from Devil May Cry, Kalin Kessler from Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's.. Infact, most Yu-Gi-Oh cosplays. There are some tekken characters around too, Fate series in general, Naruto series that isn't Sasuke or Naruto... I could go on, but there is plenty non-bland stuff to choose from.
>>
>>8781268
Kinda planning on cosplaying him myself (ghoul version probably) since I loved both the anime and manga. Anime was fun, though a bit weird. Manga was great.
>>
>>8810139
Junpei, Akihiko also a good chunk of 1 and 2 beg to differ
>>
>ITT men crying how there are no good male designs when there are in fact MANY but still bitch because they dont want to give up their titty-bait moe bullshit

Take your fragile masculinity and cry more or watch actual good shit, faggots.
>>
File: judarkass.jpg (58KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
judarkass.jpg
58KB, 528x960px
>>8784448
>They usually have bulky faces but still pick bishu animu guys they dont fit at all

fucking tell me about it, Why this happens everytime i will never understand. It's already enough these cosplayers feel the need to tell people who they are consistently if they are a character that no one recognizes, but its another when a man cosplays a character that they constantly emasculate because of how they look. Then use their looks to some how improve that characters masculinity, the shit is fucking pathetic.
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.