[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /biz/ I'm part of the investment club at my business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: hard3.png (19KB, 261x258px) Image search: [Google]
hard3.png
19KB, 261x258px
Sup /biz/

I'm part of the investment club at my business college and we're about to do a portfolio competition using the investopedia stock simulator. iirc we all start with 10 grand and see who makes the most money by the end of the semester. I want to have fun with it so I want to make a biz-approved portfolio. What memes/stocks should I invest in?

I'll occasionally post progress threads if anybody is interested and let you guys decide to sell or short or anything.
>>
>6 months
I hate this kind of """""""investment""""""""" competitions. Short term stock picking is not investing. It is trading or plain speculation.
>>
>>1095724
its only for fun senpai there's more to the club than this
>>
File: jej.png (169KB, 506x556px) Image search: [Google]
jej.png
169KB, 506x556px
>>1095726
>>1095720
clubs in uni, what are you some fucking normie?
>>
>>1095728
i forgot not masturbating to cartoons makes you a normie kek
>>
>>1095720
>investment club
>we all start with 10k
>biz-approved portfolio

just fucking go to bed matthew
>>
>>1095735
close
>>
>>1095720
What stocks go up cyclically in the spring? That's how you win. Pick what's working cyclically.. Weather bets, farm implements, moving companies (uhaul). Go with the flow.

Also, consider investing in proctological related products and services as the Etherium folk get it shoved up their ass soon.
>>
>>1095742
thank you for an actual answer
>>
>>1095720
see instead of making the most money, it should be to effectively utilize 100% capital while managing risk by hedging. by making the goal to make the most money, it teaches that to make money, you have to risk big, putting it all on black.
>>
That cluescroll is decent I guess desu.
>>
I participated in a school team investing competition with a ~5000 dollar prize pool. I didn't learn, but I did get these take-aways:

1) Invest in high volatility stocks. You can find and sort stocks by their volatility by using Yahoo finance and searching for 'beta'. Stocks with high beta are effectively 'leveraged' in that if the market goes up by a percentage these stocks tend to go up by Beta*percentage. The same applies for a decrease. Buy a nice diversified list of high beta stocks (to avoid company specific risk).

In reverse, you can also do the same for exceptionally low beta stocks (that don't really move despite what the market does).

In essence, if you think the market is going to go up in your time frame, make a portfolio of high beta.

If you think its going to go down, make a portfolio of low beta.

As to whether the market is going to go up or down, we don't really know. There is at least 20 variables off the top of my head like stability, interest, price of oil, developing technologies, and so forth that affect the overall trend of the stock market. In general, the market tends to trend upwards so long as the economy is growing so its usually best practice to NOT bet against the stock market (buy low beta)

tl:dr buy a nice array of high beta stocks (20+)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.