[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ether sham

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: dog.jpg (37KB, 600x422px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
37KB, 600x422px
Someone explain how there's so many ETH posts lately.

Summarize it in two lines.

Also is it one shill or do you guys think it's a group flooding the board?
>>
>>1093411
It's basically the new Litecoin.
>totes the bitcoin successor
>the future of currency
>bitcoin parity soon
>you can use it for so much stuff
>banks will be using it one day
>microsoft azure
>there's like apps and you can buy stuff with it

>Summarize it in two lines.
I can summarize it in two words:
>Pump
>Dump
>>
File: bm.jpg (45KB, 306x423px) Image search: [Google]
bm.jpg
45KB, 306x423px
>>1093411

It's a virus, or you can just think of it as an MLM scam.

You get duped, so you dupe someone else.
>>
Literally the successor to DRK, Ripple, LiteCoin, Doge, and PND

The arguments are even identical

>To the moon
>Replace USD
>"you don't understand the tech"
>new vaporware app coming soon

The reality is that all of these shills don't care about the future of it, they just want it to pump, so they can cash out their "currency of the future" for USD and leave all the retards as bagholders
>>
File: 1425886390387.jpg (6KB, 235x212px) Image search: [Google]
1425886390387.jpg
6KB, 235x212px
>shills push price up with buzzwords, empty promises and shitposting
>price gets sufficiently high and they cash out for BTC or USD
Same story as literally every single altcoin ever.
>>
File: 1448390076747.jpg (88KB, 800x771px) Image search: [Google]
1448390076747.jpg
88KB, 800x771px
>>1093509
ethereum isn't just an altcoin bro
>>
>>1093411
I don't think it's one shill but it's not very many. I would say 5 tops.
>>
>>1093850
Yeah, there was a guy in one of the threads claiming responsibility for a lot of them.
He was serious, though.
About not being a shill, I mean.
>>
When BTC was sub 1$, there were ton of posts on /g/ ignored them. Now...think what would have happened if only you'd have listened.
>>
File: pumpndump.png (13KB, 612x259px) Image search: [Google]
pumpndump.png
13KB, 612x259px
Just another shady pump and dump scheme. If you SHIFT + LEFT CLICK the threads on the catalogue they will disappear.
>>
>>1094940
Relevant
>>
ETH shill here, the biggest one of all. I'm the one who started the "buy ethereum" proto-meme. By posting it in threads since november.

Ask me anything.
>>
>>1093411
Niggers.
Fucking niggers.
>>
>>1093411
The s&p is in a bear market and /biz/ always wants a happening , since its not they had to move on and luckily this crypto was here to take that place
>>
>>1094940
If you had bought btc at 1 dollar you would have aold most of them during one of the earlier pumps , its hindsight bias to presume tou would have held and sold at the exact top

So if youd thrown lunch money at early btc you would have earned maybe a nice gaming rig

Dont kid yourself
>>
>>1094995
That's why you buy and hold and don't trade. Anyway, ethereum has many more used than just money.
>>
They are right, I don't understand the tech. So are they using Block chain technology for applications that arent currency related and somehow still managing to make a currency out of it? What? Help.
>>
>>1095088
>>1095088
Yes, the ethereum blockchain is capable of a multitude of applications. The native currency is the token Ether which is what we are speculating on.
>>
>Summarize it in two lines.

Ez

>Pump
>Dump

It's like a semi-annual tradition that some shitcoin is birthed and 50% of /biz/ becomes a shilling hotbed for a few months until the dump comes full circle and the coin tumbles to near worthlessness and you never hear of the coin ever again until the next "paradigm shift".
>>
>>1093411
Pump and dump scam
Shills pumping
>>
>>1093411
Pump and dump
>>
>>1095134
>>1095129
>>1095125

The only thing these bitchcoin bagholders know for sure is being pumped and dumped are their own mothers

Got a shill army trying to hold ETH down right now because bitcoin is in serious trouble.
>>
>>1095117
>>1095117

So why would I care about the other applications? How do they help me? I'm not trolling like, I need a reason that isn't vague.
>>
File: closer.jpg (62KB, 529x543px) Image search: [Google]
closer.jpg
62KB, 529x543px
>>1095172
why are you not buying vanilla!

buy vanilla its going to 100k today
>>
bitcoin reward is going to "halve" which gets users excited about their investment but they don't realize this process will do nothing to existing supply of bitcoins (which still far outweighs demand). it's very similar to the late 90's when an announcement of a stock split would send share prices up despite no new metrics being introduced.
>>
>>1095172
Well, take auger for example. It's a decentralised prediction market. Which means you can bet on the outcome of anything. You can even use it for crowdfunding. The house edge is negligible. It can be used to bet on stocks with no spread at all. Like a spread betting platform with no spread.

Slock.it is a decentralised airbnb it allows you to rent your home like airbnb, but with greater security and you get to keep a much bigger cut of the money.

Etc etc
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.