[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Affordable Apartments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: bears fall out of windows.gif (815KB, 499x520px) Image search: [Google]
bears fall out of windows.gif
815KB, 499x520px
I'm moving out from my parents this year, probably at the end of summer.

Is there a /biz/ way to get an apartment?
I was thinking maybe try to find someone that needs some light bookkeeping done in exchange for cheaper rent.

Is there a book on this subject?
>>
>>1093337
Roommates brah.

Ideally get a gf and split the rent with her.

Also tell all your possible landlords you don't have pets, don't smoke/drink/do drugs. That's a really big plus for most of them.
>>
>>1093337

Pay your parents the going rent for a studio apartment in your area.

You get the experience of overpaying for one room AND you don't have to pay utilities.
>>
>>1093337

The trick is living in an area with a low cost of living.

That being said, you should be more concerned with finding a good landlord which are few and far between.
>>
"light bookkeeping"
>>
>>1093361
Yeah, it generally means not many hours a week.
>>
>>1093337

Not OP, but I'm wondering, is renting a home much more expensive than renting an apartment (in general)? I plan on moving out of my parents' house soon, and the sole enjoyment in my life is playing music loudly through my hifi speakers.

Thanks.
>>
>>1093391
>renting a home much more expensive than renting an apartment (in general)?

Yes.

If you don't see yourself possibly moving far away anytime soon, better off buying a house.
>>
>>1093391
>the sole enjoyment in my life is playing music loudly through my hifi speakers

Is this a serious argument for wasting lots of money and hurting your mobility that could lead to more earnings?
>>
>>1093444

It's not unheard of for a hobby to influence one's choice of lodging. If I will be losing a lot of money going with renting a house, then I will choose a different option. Also, I don't see how renting a house hurts my mobility.
>>
>>1093444
>wasting lots of money

Literally just described renting.
>>
>>1093458
What's the alternative then?
>>
>>1093467

Buying a modest house.
>>
>>1093470
Seems like it would take years to see any real savings, unless you bought in Detroit
>>
>>1093470
>Buying a modest house.

But this is a waste of money too. Your monies would be better off in an index fund or etf.
>>
>>1093337
buy a mini mansion, it's relatively cheap and if you live with your gf it's more then enough, your mom or dad should be able to find a you a good one, i am okay with it.
>>
>>1093525
>No. Renting is typically more than a mortgage payment.

But this is false. Maintenance, property taxes and various fees are a lot more.

>but at least you are left with something of value in the end.
Which tends to only match inflation and has many inconviences such as being able to fall in price, can be hard to sell, etc.

>When you rent. at the end of you lease you have nothing to show for it.
You have saved money to show for it.

If i am single or live with gf, why would I need an entire house? I can comfortably live in a bachelor apartment and just invest the rest of my money.
>>
>>1093530
Rent vs. buying depends on the situation. Where you live, how much you make, future plans, etc.

OP is likely working min wage and doesn't have the option to buy anyways.
>>
>>1093534
>Rent vs. buying depends on the situation. Where you live, how much you make, future plans, etc.

Absolutely true but in the vast majority of cases it is a poor choice.

So as a general rule of thumb it's better not to do it unless you have a very specific scenario and situation in which case he wouldn't be asking us for help anyway.
>>
>>1093530

As I stated earlier, my recommendation to buy a house makes more sense if OP doesn't plan on moving and is settling down: >>1093392

>You have saved money to show for it.

You don't save money in the long term.

Property value - costs of ownership > costs of rent.

It's like owning vs leasing a car, except cars tend to always depreciate and property tends to fluctuate. Over a long enough timespan, you're better off financially buying a car.

>Which tends to only match inflation

And your landlord is going to be raising your rent to keep up with inflation as well.
>>
>>1093543
>And your landlord is going to be raising your rent to keep up with inflation as well.

No he isn't.
>>
>>1093545

Retarded: the post

The price of everything will rise with inflation. Many landlords put a clause in their contract allowing them to adjust rent according to inflation, and even if they dont, they will just have you sign a new one or move out. Nobody will lose money on you when they can just get a new tenant
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.