[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stress and Money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_mojh2x1ruB1qjaa1to1_1280.jpg (200KB, 1200x529px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mojh2x1ruB1qjaa1to1_1280.jpg
200KB, 1200x529px
Are wealthy people less stressed?

Does the average American millionaire experience less stress than the average American wage earner?
>>
>>1091059

Yes, but for a short period of time.

While the average wagecuck has to endure it everyday
>>
>>1091059

>Are wealthy people less stressed?

Yes.

If you're rich and sick, premium healthcare is only a phone call away.

Rich people never have to worry about affording necessities like food, rent, or utilities.

Commuting is nothing to the rich, who can get people to take them anywhere.

The rich don't have to think twice about going on vacation or pursuing their hobbies.

All of life's typical problems dissolve in the presence of huge amounts of money.
>>
>>1091077

Yes, until they're not rich anymore.

Or did you seriously think that the rich stay rich forever?
>>
>>1091096
They tend to, as long as they're not stupid and blow their fortune.

Where do you think the term "old money" comes from? Nowadays with stocks, as long as you have enough invested and properly diversified, it's basically impossible for you or your descendents to go poor if you don't start wildly outspending your income or fucking with your investments.
>>
>>1091096
How would they stop being rich?

It just disappears or that their riches are somehow a fixed amount granted upon them by God?
>>
>>1091125
>How would they stop being rich?

Do you think that rich lifestyle is free?
>>
>>1091136
No but how you just "stop" being rich?

That's makes no sense. So they'll all of a sudden just stop working, poorly allocate investments and get addicted to hard drugs?
>>
>>1091136
Only people who didn't deserve to become rich in the first place stop being rich
>>
>>1091138
>No but how you just "stop" being rich?

You'd be amazed what a stock market crash can do to your wealth
>>
Made 500 bucks yesterday trading eth. It was an insane rush.

Now its down to 120 and im depressed even though other unrelated stocks went up by a 100 today.

I now know how stressful it must be to be trade large sums and to lose money. And how it feels to think its never enough.
>>
File: random fruit shirt.jpg (42KB, 500x685px) Image search: [Google]
random fruit shirt.jpg
42KB, 500x685px
>>1091059

> rich people
> stressed

yep. most of them that I have met are. They usually look terrible too.

They put money way above everything else in life and paid the price.

but hey! respect from people you don't even care about right!
>>
>>1091143
>You'd be amazed what a stock market crash can do to your wealth

It would do nothing because if you're wealthy you're already hedged AND you can just hold until it recovers.

Nicely spoken like a poorfag though.

>but cnn said millions of people lost their life savings in 2008!!!
>>
I suspect thier is a diminishing return threshold, and then a point where it goes on its head. I have a close personal relationship with a man who is a legit self made multimillionaire. Estimates run into the 40m territory on net worth. He is an older guy. Very cool guy. Not snobby at all about his wealth, but he is also clearly obsessed with it. Their was a time when he was a shrewd businessman making deals to secure his future, but now he is in a mode I can only describe as wealth for its own sake. He could retire today with enough for his theoretical grandchildren to be 3rd generation rich, but still he plugs away. Money, for him, is not stress free. But it could be.

His son, who is 30, lives a nearly zero stress life.
>>
>>1091077
It's so fucking true. Half my anxiety is gone now that I don't worry about basic necessities anymore. I worry about other things now, but things that I have the convenience to worry about now that my teeth aren't hurting and I'm not hungry.
>>
>>1091059
It's about finding what you value, and achieving in that area. For instance, a person i know makes lower 7 digits a year salary and had an opportunity to take a job that pays closer to 8 digits. the reason he decline was because while he valued money, he valued family more. He knew if he took that job he would have to travel constantly and would miss out on his children's activities (sports, music, etc.). He knew he didn't want that, so he declined. While he's missing out on a few mil a year he's still the happiest 60 yr old i know. He loves his best friend (his wife), and is absolutely engulfed in his children. Honestly, happiest guy i've ever met.
>>
>>1091571
>His son, who is 30, lives a nearly zero stress life
shocker
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.