[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to get your bachelors in 2 years if you take classes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_npy98mIKIf1s2e6noo1_500.jpg (86KB, 500x463px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npy98mIKIf1s2e6noo1_500.jpg
86KB, 500x463px
Is it possible to get your bachelors in 2 years if you take classes year around (no summer or winter breaks)?

Pic unrelated. I'm in my phone.
>>
>>1090783
depends on the school and country, usually 3 years is about as good as you can do without having past shit that counts for credits
>>
>>1090783
Possible, but not recommended.

If you're up the challenge, do a double major in 4 years at a good school. That way, you have enough time for internships and such, as well as being able to maintain and higher GPA and having time to network.

Doing a bachelor in 2 years will not benefit you in the long run more than what I mentioned above.
>>
>>1090783

Will you be doing a meme degree?
>>
>>1090795
>>1090783
I did a double major in mechanical engineering and physics, and no employer cared about my physics work at all. I would recommend doing a Master's, or at least taking some grad classes in your field, instead.
>>
>>1090783
Did a 6 semester degree in 3. Yes, it was a meme degree (business); yes I was lucky my uni allowed me to do my Bachelor thesis before completing all taught modules; yes it was only possible because Business had no labs or practices and also no other required attendance classes.

I did it because I failed another degree and didn't want to lag behind too much.

Would i recommend it?
Only to shut-ins like myself who'd otherwise waste the time on the internet. It also helped me to research threads on a forum that catered specifically to students who rush their degrees (it wasn't in English, though).

By the way: employers didn't like it too much. Probably they were skeptic due to the previous failed degree, you might have another experience regarding this matter.

Generally it's already not bad if you finish in the recommended time, desu.
>>
>>1090998
He means a double major that is actually worthwhile.
>Physics and Computer Science
>Mechanical Engineering and Biomedical Engineering
>Business and Finance/Economics
>>
>>1091038
>Physics and Computer Science
STILL can't program worth shit
>Mechanical Engineering and Biomedical Engineering
Literally the same
>Business and Finance/Economics
Not bad, but you could do an MBA in that amount of time
>>
>>1090783
The best you can do is 3 years starting from nothing. Certain classes you need for your major are only available once a year and must be taken in order.

I did my degree in 3.5 years thinking I was going to start working as soon as I got out. I was taking a minimum of 16 credits a semester, with most being 17, and the final semester being 19 credits.

I finished and did nothing but smoke weed and play video games hoping my dream job would come around. 2 years of unemployment and a few shitty jobs later I got a decent job. Should have done the 4 years like everyone else.
>>
File: Cute girl with glasses.jpg (95KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
Cute girl with glasses.jpg
95KB, 1024x680px
>>1090783
You'll have to request a maximum credits per term extension so you can fit 7 or 8 classes a term. You gotta talk to an advisor to make it possible. He will most likely monitor your progress and discontinue it if you get bad grades. If you already have a deep understanding of the major you'll have better chances. Ie: Doing Spanish degree and you're Spanish.
>>
>>1090783
Yes, if you have GenEds out of the way.
>>
>>1090783
It depends. You have to be doing a meme degree AND have passed 12+ (arbitrary number, figure it out yourself) AP tests in high school.
>>
>>1090783
why do you feel the need to do it in 2 years? what are you burning to accomplish?
>>
>>1091078
Yeh but to maintain federal loans (unless your self funding) you only need to "participate' and most lecture classes that means signing in once a week at least.

If you had someone else working with you you each signup for 36 credit hours per semester and switch off whos attending what and share lecture notes.

I read an article about a couple of guys who did this not so long ago.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.