[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /biz/, /pol/lack here. I know that shit is old and you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: wall.jpg (53KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
wall.jpg
53KB, 640x360px
Hello /biz/, /pol/lack here.

I know that shit is old and you guys probably had millions of threads about this.

I just wondered if that movie is accurate.
Does making incredibly much money in a short time-span automatically turn you into a hedonistic degenerate, or moreover, do you have to be one to become rich?
>>
>>1090423
Having money to fund your hedonistic degenerate tendencies will naturally amplify those traits. You can't be too much of a hedonist without being able to pay for drugs and such. And having a natural psychopathic bend will naturally make you good at selling things. It's common sense, you fucking nigger.
>>
>>1090423
>does money make someone x?
ffs, its always depend on individual

forgot the rich daytrader from japan that living like buddha and think that his ton of money just like score in game
>>
>>1090423
no, it is survivor bias

most smart people go straight after they make enough to basically set themselves up for life

the people who keep going until they inevitably get caught are the socios who blow everything on cocaine and parties
>>
>>1090423
I've worked on wall street and now work in london for an IB, I've known lots of guys like the one this movie is about and its nowhere near accurate, most are either conservative nerdy types or frat bros who golf and talk about sports a lot, theres not a lot more remarkable about them than being members of those groups and having more expensive tastes and a nice home
>>
>>1090423

They don't make biopics about boring people, bro. If they made a movie about an actual bean counter, or investment banker, it would follow a jewish guy driving a volvo around for 2.5 hours complaining about the price of socks.
>>
It takes fucking 2 seconds to Google and you will find an interview of the guy talking about the accuracy of the movie. God damn lazy fucking retards.
>>
>>1090466
Yeeeehap, the guy who wrote the story about himself is surely gonna tell you it's wrong if asked.
>>
No, there were investment opportunities that could've made you equally rich in the 1980s. Likewise brokers are cucked these days.
>>
>>1090423
Honestly, the man was in the right place at the right time. He even admits it, read his book. He picked the perfect time to pump and dump 4-6 dollar stocks, like a sweet spot.
>>
When is a Hollywood movie ever accurate?
>>
>>1090423
That movie is a fucking comedy for underage high schoolers. Nowhere near accurate.
>>
My cousins went to highschool with him in bayside, queens. Dude was a sneaky little devil from the start apparently, selling meat out of his car to people as a teenager and being an all-around success driven guy. Of course, he didn't act like dicaprio acted in that movie... I'm not sure how he turned out irl once he was rich (I've never seen his actual bio or anything) but when he was young he was just a super diligent merchant type guy. He apparently didn't have that intention in him when he was young to be like dicaprio was halfway through that movie
>>
>>1090423

He sold penny stocks over the phone by cold calling. That kind of thing no longer exists.

And he called himself the Wolf of Wallstreet, no on else. He wasn't even in Wallstreet, but in the burbs of Long Island.
>>
>>1090423
Seeing as how people on /pol/ are always apparently just one step away from turning into a cock-mongling hedonist, I'd say in your case, yes. Getting rich would certainly make you a degenerate.

But protip: You already are one.
>>
File: shemitah-real.png (1MB, 1366x2653px) Image search: [Google]
shemitah-real.png
1MB, 1366x2653px
>>1090423
the jews did this
>>
Only noobs didnt know Jordan Belfort before the movie.

His legend and infamy was established long before the movie came out.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.