[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to make a perfect messenger? I am developing a new one, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: Telegram.jpg (14KB, 300x260px) Image search: [Google]
Telegram.jpg
14KB, 300x260px
How to make a perfect messenger? I am developing a new one, what features should it have?
>>
>>1090315
Skype already exists. Then you have Viber, Snapchat and Android/Apple SMS.
>>
There's really no need for that.
>>
>>1090315
A button where you can buy ether
>>
>>1090315

I think the main problem with messengers that try to dominate the market is that they end up becoming a massive clusterfuck of features.

Try penetrate one, then fuck over your users with the rest later on.
>>
Skype without the file uploading feature. I'd kill for something to replace Skype. It seems to be the only VoIP that has great contact through user-made calls as personal servers, decent-ish video, and the audio simply can't be beat by its competitors when it comes to hands-free voice (not using push-to-talk). You make something that can replace that and I'll let your shitty little ad money be made on my PC.
>>
>>1090399
>clusterfuck of features
What do you mean by that?
>>1090430
Who the fuck needs IP telephony in 2016?
>>
>>1090387
THIS! ABSOLUTELY THIS!

It should have the ability to be linked to a credit card and have a button for instant purchase of ETH. It should also have the ability to send and receive ETH between people.
>>
File: signal-android-hero.jpg (224KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
signal-android-hero.jpg
224KB, 1600x1066px
>>1090315
just copy this and you have the perfect messenger
>>
>>1090491
>anonymous messenger
>SMS confirmation
Lel
>>
>>1090319
yea but skype fucking sucks
>>
Build it as an Ethereum dApp, centralization in online communication is bad.
>>
>>1090315
make it simple and minimal
>>
>>1090315
its gotta run on mobile well
it cant be a battery hog
it cant be sluggish or feel clunky
its gotta be cross platform
telegram is pretty good except it has no video and voice
discord is almost perfect except it has no video and a proper GUI
>>
Okay OP I'm going to help you but please donate me some bitcoins because I want to a pack of smokes.

>make it so that people can create usernames, much like kik
>make it slick in UI so that people actually want to use it
>make it requre a passcode to enter, and have the option for the user to set "dummy" PINs so that if they are asked to give the PIN, only certain, pre-picked convos will be seen
>make sure everything is encrypted securely, and so that it can only be encrypted/decrypted using one specific device AND PIN.
>make sure to have your servers in Panama
>integrate a bitcoin wallet feature inside so that people can buy and sell weed directly through that app.
>include in-app VPN settings as well
>make it so that you get a notification if your buddy screenshots the conversation
>make it so that users can set certain people's conversations to auto-delete after x hours upon reading

I hope it helped you out a bit on the way. If you want to talk more, send me an e-mail. [email protected]

14ZUXjqdCBJ7YK9eHEn7hF7LQYxoWPeWyv
>>
>>1090315
group encrypted chat with timed auto-deletion of messages.
Telegram only does it for 1 on 1 conversations, so does Line. There's a feature you don't have elsewhere.
>>
>>1091149
Ok, I'll donate you when finished.
>>
>>1090430
Skype sucks horribly specially on mobile
>>
>>1091149

This guy has all of the right ideas.

A simple, sleek, pleasant-to-use chat client that emphasized privacy and security would be GOAT.
>>
The logical next step is doing it through blockchain. Decentralize it somewhow.

Honestly the best bet would be to use Ethereal. I'm not even meming.
>>
>>1091739
Ethereum*
>>
>>1091737
Bbm?
>>
...there is an idea of a Maco Rubio, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and we can all agree we need to dispel this fiction that Brack Obamam knows what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing. And you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there
>>
Webm support
>>
File: 4.jpg (33KB, 800x384px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
33KB, 800x384px
>>1091810
So what's the topic of discussion>?
>>
so typical isn't t
earth just opens up and
swalows them'
no ther's one down here
>>
You take a credit card?
>>
>>1090701
>anonymous messenger
no one ever said anonymous faggot
>>
>>1091848
What for?
>>
>>1090315
Email messenger
>>
>>1090315
go for something that does not exist yet, and its in demand :^)
>>
>>1092128
Like what?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.