[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Email scraping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: yp.jpg (41KB, 620x592px) Image search: [Google]
yp.jpg
41KB, 620x592px
Looking to do a b2b email campaign and am trying to think of good ways to get mass local emails.
Does anyone have experience with an online yellow pages scraper (specifically for the Australian version)? What software works well, etc..?
Or any other ways to get lots of local business emails in one big list?
>>
I scraped the inside of your moms pussy with my dick
>>
Just buy a list man, it will cost like $500

I have used an Australian company called Impact Lists, can recommend them
>>
>>1090267
Most scrapers are <$100, seems like a no brainier to me?
>>
Buying the list gives you access to more information like the size of the business, number of staff, names of the owner and manager etc

You can also be specific, for example you could ask for a list of 100 offices in Melbourne with 5-10 employees

But if you literally just want business names go with the scraper i guess
>>
>>1090266
Dude, that's how you get the HIV.
>>
>>1090277

Also you can specify the exact person within the business you want to reach, instead of just using the general contact email (eg accounts manager)

Like you would get [email protected] instead of just [email protected]
>>
>>1090281
I already had it
>>
I hope you die of aids spammer
>>
>>1090299
This is a legit local business that I am advertising, and given their emails are online for people to contact its not exactly unsolicited.
>>
>>1090308
That is not how the Spam Act will see it but go right ahead
>>
>>1090309
Source?
Is this true?
>>
>>1090317
not only is it illegal to spam emails its illegal to make, supply or buy harvested lists of emails

https://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/C2014C00214/

have a read at your leisure
>>
>>1090321
That is fucking ridiculous. They are literally listing their emails online asking for people to contact them...
>>
>>1090326
They are listing their email to contact them. Not send them a spam email that 100s of other people got.
>>
>>1090329
That is the same as contacting them... See, its not illegal to send them the same thing in letter form or fax is it?
>>
>>1090333
1) For the purposes of this Act, an electronic message is a message sent:

(a) using:

(i) an internet carriage service; or

(ii) any other listed carriage service; and

(b) to an electronic address in connection with:

(i) an email account; or

(ii) an instant messaging account; or

(iii) a telephone account; or

(iv) a similar account.
I believe carriage service is a phone line so I would assume spam faxes also breach the act.

The letter would be unsolicited mail which is why you see those signs on mailboxes, I am not sure if there is any law against those or if it's common courtesy. I would assume there is rules for flyers and brochures.

(5) If a message is sent by way of a voice call made using a standard telephone service, the message is not an electronic message for the purposes of this Act.

So a phone call isn't included, but then you'd probably have to look at the do not call register if you want to spam their phone too.

Really why not do business like regular people and not spam poor helpless small businesses with your shitty emails?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.