[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Interview General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: The Goal.jpg (203KB, 953x1280px) Image search: [Google]
The Goal.jpg
203KB, 953x1280px
I dropped off an application two days ago, never heard back from them. The "Hiring" sign has been up for a few weeks.

How long does it take? Should I keep waiting? ;-;
>>
You got trashed, loser
>>
File: 1454716729535.png (214KB, 404x411px) Image search: [Google]
1454716729535.png
214KB, 404x411px
>>1089949
keep wating they will call you soon.
>>
>>1089949
>hiring animetards
>any year
>>
>>1089949
Give them at least a couple of weeks, but don't put your life on hold for them, find other places and talk to them in person.
>>
>>1089985
How long does it typically take for them to respond?
>>
>>1090034
If you haven't heard by two weeks just give up.
>>
I applied at Starbucks and I went in a few times to drop off my resume in person and talk to the manager, I also called a few times to ask them if they ever got around to checking my resume. Got called for an interview where I got thrown a curve ball and fucked up but that's not the point, just be somewhat persistent
>>
>>1090034
>How long does it typically take for them to respond?

It's completely random honestly anon.

Sometimes you don't think you have any chance then they call you back in 2 days or sometimes they'll call you back in a month.
>>
>>1089949
Anon, you should have applied to 30 other places by now if you're serious about getting a job.

They're not going to call you back.
>>
wish I had a cute short wife
>>
Here's a daily reminder that one of the biggest things interviewers are looking for is the ability to communicate effectively.

>"Effective communication skills"

You know what is not communicating effectively? Rambling. When you ramble, you are not speaking well. This is not effective communication. Needless to say, rambling is a usually an instant disqualifier.

Why should you worry so much about rambling?

The interviewer is weighing your *entire* competency based on that one meeting, that one phone interview. Positive lasting impressions matter.

>How you do anything is how you do everything.

If you are rambling right now, in this interview, your interviewer will assume that you will ramble in front of your coworkers, in front of a customer, or even during a board room meeting! Rambling kills interviews! Rambling disqualifies your shit and gets your application trashed.

tldr: no ramble, no problem
>>
>>1090113
Nigga what kind of curveball did they throw you that you fucked up an interview at starbucks?
>>
>>1089949
Yo retard you need to call them, not wait for them to call you.

Just call them and go "Hey I placed an application for this job and I'm still very interested in the position available. Can you give me a status on it?"

It shows that you actually give a shit and you're not just dumping applications all over the place. This is especially true if you're working a starting minimum wage job.
>>
>>1090171
"Are you into traps?"
>>
>>1089949
I got an interview 5 months after I filled out my application for a job once
>>
>>1090171
>go to interview
>woman says she was supposed to have a partner for the interview but she is doing something and can't make it
>continue interview, doing really well, she's laughing a bunch, etc
>almost done
>her partner walks in and ends up joining the rest
>fat whale bitch, doesn't smile or say anything when I say hello and shake her hand
>literally stares at me with a snarl
>other girl asks me the "sell her this pen" question
>totally unprepared for that, none of my friends who work at Starbucks told me about it, because they didn't have to do it
>just repeat the thing from Wolf of Wallstreet
>fat bitch then asks me two customer service questions (which the other lady skipped on asking) which I also fucked up
>Interview ends, fat bitch doesn't even shake my hand
It was annoying, and I wasn't even being interviewed at the branch I applied to or by who my actual manager would have been, I had an over the phone interview with who my actual manager would have been and she loved me
>>
>>1089949
2 days? Thats nothing. It can take up to 2, sometimes even 3 weeks, fellow weeb
>>
>>1089949
>we'll let you know if you did or didn't get the job

A touch of honesty would be nice
>>
>>1090034

I've heard back in two days and I've heard back in two months, and everywhere in between.

The idea you should stick to is putting out like 100 applications at once.
>>
>>1090075
>This happened
>Accepted job
>Getting better interview offers months later
>>
>>1090328
>"Sell me this pen"

God am I glad I invested in tertiary education.
>>
>>1090580
I had a fat black HR bitch ask me the same question

theres no way she was anything but a diversity hire, it was a prestigious firm too
>>
>>1090034
Dude, if they want you badly enough, they hire you. That happens quickly.

Fucking go get a mofuggin job.
>>
>>1090586
depends on the job. my current job offer took several months of no contact then an interview then no contact. not everywhere has their shit together, even the big guys

as a rule if you arent hired you should keep looking though
>>
>>1089968
how do NEETs stop being NEET unless they get a job?
>>
>>1089949
Depends on the size of the company I've found.
>looking for a job and putting in applications
>apply for gvmt job in January
>no word back
>keep applying at places
>one small tech startup called back the next day, interviewed the day after
>local school interview took about a week to get an interview
>other small companies between 1-2 weeks
>finally get a job
>get a call today about the gvmt job and they want to interview
You gotta be persistent about it too. I put out fifteen apps for every call back, and about 3-4 calls for each interview. If you're a neet like I was you just have to work the numbers game and follow up within the week to put pressure on the employer.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.