[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bank account options

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: china_number1.jpg (28KB, 531x528px) Image search: [Google]
china_number1.jpg
28KB, 531x528px
What goes into choosing who you make a bank account with /biz/?

Currently, I have a bank account with bank of america, and I was wondering how you guys choose yours. In my case, I chose it when I was young as that's what my parents used, but now I feel I should explore my options.

Thoughts?
>>
>>1086356
ATM locations. That's about it. If you have enough BoA ATMs don't bother switching pham.
In terms of interest, it doesn't matter what bank you have right now. Interest rates are low with every bank.
>>
I just bank at local credit unions because it makes me feel like a community hero and it's not like I'm doing such sophisticated banking that I require a major branch.

Plus, you get dope ass interest rates.
>>
>>1086390

This pretty much. Any bank will do for checking accounts. Its also probably easier to get a credit card for a bank you already have a account in as well.

Joining a credit union is nice though, so it doesn't hurt to apply to join one.
>>
My parents chose my first checking account. For the longest-ass time after I was 18, I still couldn't access my money because it was a "kid's account", even though my name was on it.
I decided I was done with that shit and had a teller recommend to me the most basic-ass checking they had, and closed the other one.
I'm still with the same bank, but what's going into my decision to get a new savings account is interest rate. The higher the better, I believe. If you have enough money that you don't need to worry about a minimum balance, then go for it and build your nest egg. But if you're like me, and end up at the end of the month with an account that's low, maybe getting one without a minimum balance is a good idea.
>>
My parents got me my first checking account at their credit union because my grandfather was on the board of Directors been there ever since. I also have a wells Fargo account for when I travel
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.