[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Uncle is president of large factory > has a ton of business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (28KB, 640x619px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 640x619px
> Uncle is president of large factory
> has a ton of business connections
> Ask him for comfy office job or internship at factory
> "sorry anon, I can't look like I'm practicing nepotism, but you can be a janitor for $8 an hour"
> few months later his son graduates from a shitty state school with decent grades
> he sets him up with a job at a big 4 accounting firm, starting at $50 an hour
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1077637
WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH
>>
>Uncle picks his son instead of fat meckbeard nephew who'll just embarrass him

Should have taken the janitor job and worked your way up, albeit very slowly.
>>
>>1077637
Big four doesnt pay that much, fuck off. I know because im an intern.
>>
>>1077637
He was keeping the spot for his kid, and he doesn't give a f about you. Do better than them anon.
>>
Also if this is real, find your own path be more successful than him than fuck him over when he needs a big favor.
>>
Good. Nepotism is cancer.
>>
>>1077673
This.
>>
>>1077637
I bet you turned down janitor job like lazy faggot.
>>
>>1077696
If you are that blind not to see that the world is run based on nepotism that I have nothing else to say to anyone on this thread.
Yes cleaning my toilet as a janitor does not require connections but everything else does.
>>
>sets him up
>not even his own company
Your story is ass. where do you live? Comfy jobs are only for people who paid attention in class. You are janitor tier. Nepotism only works in political offices.
>>
>a bunch of entitled tards with a bad vocabulary

I.e. millennials
>>
>>1077721
And? What I said is still valid.

Let him work his way up based on his abilities.
>>
ITT People defend that think developing yourself is worth more than having things to you

Protip: You're mostly wrong.
>>
>>1077637

>His son tried
>You cried
>>
I'm not complaining that I didn't get a good job, I understand he owes me nothing. It's just disheartening to see how hard it is to get ahead in life without good connections. The best connection my father has is his friend who is a assistant manager at Walmart.
>>
>>1077971
Well most people don't have connections. It's nothing to worry about. So just keep working hard and maybe you will move up in the world.
>>
>>1077714
I did take it, but quit after a month. Even if I did have a chance of slowly working my way up, the work was unbearable. It was inside a 100 degree steel working shop full of felons. I had to do the worst jobs like cleaning the toilets and and painting the walls. You could never use your phone or listen to music, and the work was quite unhealthy.
>>
1) START YOUR OWN SUCCESSFUL COMPANY
2) BUY HIS COMPANY
3) FIRE HIM AND HIS SON
4) LAUGH AT THEM
5) THIS IS YOUR CHANCE DON'T FUCK IT UP
>>
Uncle hates his son sets him up with a cushy job the fuck a way from his assets so he does not really need to worry about him. Sees the sparkle in your eye and offers you a job at the ground floor to show your dedication to the company one day taking over! What is the definition of a pathetic millennial again?
>>
>>1078136
That was exactly what I thought when I read this >>1077978

Perfect opportunity to prove you can shovel it in the trenches, earn respect and move your way up.
>>
>>1078006
no anon

thats wrong

offer them a demotion to a Janitor making $8 an hour, and when they dont take it fire them
>>
>>1078006
>>1078193
Did you read step 2?

Start a competing company and crush them.
>>
>>1078179
I wish this were the case. But my other cousin is already the regional director of sales and is way ahead of me. Also he doesn't own the factory, so it's not like he can just pick the next president. And my cousin who is an accountant job a job at another firm, not the factory.
>>
lel his son probably worked as a janitor through high school/college. You fell for the classic millennial trick. If you're over 18 that's even more pathetic
>>
File: 0E1SNce.jpg (20KB, 500x268px) Image search: [Google]
0E1SNce.jpg
20KB, 500x268px
>>1077978

>quit after a month
>work was "unbearable"
>100 degrees
>felons are scary
>I had to clean toilets and paint
>can't use phone
>can't listen to music
>work was "unhealthy"

holy shit OP what the fuck

Out of all of those, ALL OF THOSE, the only one I'd side with you on is that shit's a hundred degrees and they don't use air conditioning or something. It'd be pretty easy to find a labor job at that pay or better that isn't a sweat box.

But like... wahhhh, I can't play with my phone? Sounds like your uncle made the right call to shit test you. Next time you ask him for something he can just chuckle and say "No, remember how it worked out last time."

Nepotism with his son or not you're a bitch, dude! Get some discipline.
>>
>>1079412
You trollin brah? So he ditched a job with shit conditions and mcdonalds tier pay. I'd drop it in a day.

To be honest I did, once, kek
>>
>>1077673
This.

>>1077712
This, by association.
>>
>>1077637
>too stupid to get a job
>complains about other people and blames them for misery
you'll always stay pleb, anon
>>
>>1078401
How do you know? You quit after a month dude. A month.

I can tell you from personal experience being in the workforce and owning a few businesses over the past 10 years - the previous generation absolutely despises millennials. We're seen as entitled, lazy, cry babies with no work ethic or discipline. I've personally had trial by fire scenarios by older much more successful people who simply wanted to see me shovel shit for a while and earn it. Prove I was worth that recommendation. Prove I could 'hack it' and work my way up without a silver spoon up my ass.

So I did it. I'm not super rich but I'm comfortable.

So I ask you, honestly, is it any wonder? Do you really wonder or do deep down you know and you're using /biz/ to vent?

I realize this post is too 'real' for this board, but there, I said it.
>>
>>1079412
>valuing shit-tier jobs
>on /biz
tipping my fedora to you sir.
>>
>>1079609
Its fucking bullshit. I had the same "trial by fire" at IBM when I joined from crusty boomer upper management. Made them a shitload of money, ~2M quantitatively measured. Got outsourced later on regardless (as thousands of people in US did and still do until I in IBM will stand for India).

If anybody, ever tells you to "pay your dues" tell them to fuck themselves. I got my own sofware business now and in retrospect my hard work was idiotic. I should have never put in more than 40hours at Indian Bowel Movement.
>>
>>1079412
>working shit tier jobs

This is the antithesis of /biz/. The point is to do what you need to no longer than you need to.

I'd quit such a shit job until I made a couple hundred bucks too.
>>
>>1079658
You don't think that contributed to your hard work ethic? The long grueling hours it takes to get a small business off the ground are learned doing things like that. Even if it's your hatred of it. There's not a school in the world that can teach that.
>>
>>1079676
Meh, I count every year I worked there as two in terms of work experience - good way to get a heart attack. I work way easier now that I had before, the stress is way less as well.
>>
>>1077754
Janitor here

You dont wanna reach the top of janitorial work/hr. My dad does it and he tells me all the time he wished he could die already.

P much buy a carpet extractor, learn how to buy and manage chemicals, then buy contracts for about 2k. After maybe 6 years total you can make 60k a year, 100k if you want. But its scrubbing shit with lots of liability when engineers make more gor throwing their coworkers under the bus.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.