[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

small business advertising?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: tdjudtru.jpg (269KB, 620x472px) Image search: [Google]
tdjudtru.jpg
269KB, 620x472px
here goes. So I decided to try out a business idea. specialty cosmetics in canada aiming at canadians specifically (at least for now but maybe with the exchange rate US makes sense too?). I've now got a small amount of stock and intend to set up a tictail store to see if I can move this stuff. I was thinking to give 4chan ad banners a go but I'm not sure if a) that's the greatest idea and b) which board would be the best bet (thinking /soc/ since the banners might last longer and possibility of females).

I obviously want to specifically target Canadians at this stage since that's where I am and ideally the type who might be interested in cosmetics (girl or guy with a girl). The other option is asking friends and using facebook maybe to get myself out there. It's a phase 1 test to see if I can sell all of it and make a profit so it's not a serious advertising problem yet. But I kind of wanted to see what potential 4chan had for something like this maybe. Thoughts?

pic related. kind of stuff I'm talking about.
>>
Canada is a different market than the US, so we have different preferences and tastes, you're going to have to research that and see how consumers buy their stuff and why they buy that there

If you don't have much money, i'd definitely try to leverage social media as much as possible (twitter, instagram, facebook, pinterest, Tumblr, etc). Get your friends to test spread through word of mouth. Look at going to where your target market goes like cafes (if your product looks like pic, i'd try bubble tea shops), areas where you think your product would sell

Now, another option to test out waters is via kick starter campaign, try getting like 5k from there or something, see what people say if your product is cool enough

Another thing, since your canadian, I would definitely try to put it onto an online shop like ebay or Amazon and sell to customers in the United states. Our dollar is so weak, they'd be paying 40 percent less than what Canadians are paying. So a 9 dollar item would be like 6 dollars. That's why a weak dollar is good for people exporting stuff. Hopefully the dollar goes back up, and you'd be making good money
>>
>>1075134
You can use Google alerts to find new web pages about what your selling, some but not all of them will allow you to comment a link to your website. So you might enter "cosmetics" or "beauty" etc.. and just leave a comment asking to go to your website.
Can be tedious but its targeted and free.
>>
>>1075201
looked into amazon at least and man oh man do they take a bite out. a friend's brothers designs websites so he said for about $3000 he'd do it. Seemed the easiest way. Yeah the US exchange rate is not to be ignored. Plus it's over 5x the business in terms of population. I got into this because I had such a hard time buying as a customer I thought I could make a better experience so that'll be my angle. Just dealing with these wholesalers, jesus christ it's such a shit show... glad I'm buying in bulk at least so I have to deal with these idiots less....

>>1075203
will keep in mind. ex was suggesting using bloggers to promote with giving them free products. so essentially cosmetic whoring.

Anyone have any thoughts on whether advertising on 4chan would make sense? I figure there must be at least a few people with girlfriends.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.