[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Changing your name for business purposes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: well.png (96KB, 809x961px) Image search: [Google]
well.png
96KB, 809x961px
/biz/ has anyone here changed their name for business?

A lot of people have shitty/hard to pronounce or just downright silly surnames and firstnames. I imagine it would be a lot easier to go with something simple to pronounce and rather generic, so you're not known as "Muhammed-alziz jubeera sheik" or whatever.

Any suggestions or recommendations for what to change to?

I just pretty much noticed my name is a little strange for most people and I don't really want to be associated with my family.
>>
is "Donald" a good business name?
>>
>>1074690
better than "Bernie"
>>
>>1074691
That is a pretty shitty name t b h
>>
>>1074692
Couldn't agree more
>>
>>1074712
Oh you think I'm pretending to be Donald Trump. No, my name is actually Donald.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>1074719
Calm down, you duck
>>
>>1074735
Stop.
>>
I didn't change my name to better my business persona, but let me tell you it meant a world of difference.

I was named Cecil after my grandpa. Later, in college, I did work on a TV show and had a stage name for that character. Everyone called me that off camera anyway and I eventually legally changed my name to it. I started working business admin roles and I just kept getting asked to be a presence at meetings because I had an edge, like I was the muscle of the team. Later I found jobs in management and now I'm an executive.

So yeah, there is actual sense behind this OP. Image means a lot.
>>
>>1074739
Interesting.

Any advices you could give on some potential names that are simple yet easy to pronounce and understand?

I'm thinking something like "Nick Brown" would be a perfect name since it's simple, and completely understandable by anyone.
>>
>>1074752
boring.

I changed mine to Turbo.
>>
>>1074755
I'm just tired of people pronouncing my name weirdly.

Or having to spend 10 minutes spelling it out with them confusing letters over the phone or whatever.

How was the process for it all? Isn't a bit hectic dealing with changing it at the bank, post, government IDs, etc?
>>
bump...
>>
>>1074781
Why
>>
>>1074786
Because there was like 10 posts about le donald duck memes and no one is giving any suggestions here.

I mean cmon. I know this isn't about Ethereum but surely this is a relevant topic...
>>
>>1074790
That was just a picture of Donald Duck, not a meme. Really, it took me 5 seconds on Google to download it to make that joke.

Has anyone else had a doctor that messed up your birth certificate and forgot to put your middle name on it? Mine did, and I might legally change it to have it corrected. Always thought I had one until my parents finally looked at it when I was 13.
>>
File: laughing-emoji.jpg (107KB, 800x770px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-emoji.jpg
107KB, 800x770px
>>1074796
>Having a middle name
>>
bump cmon u bitchass niggas tbfh

jk but cmon guys
>>
>>1074752
Change your name to John Powers and then shave your head to look like Lex Luthor.

You think this is a joke, but I'm not kidding. Change it to John Powers.
>>
>>1074855
I don't get this meme,.
>>
As a guy I go by case instead of casey
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 132x99px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 132x99px
>>
If you have an Indian name I would consider it. Most firms automatically bin Indian resumes.
>>
>>1075100
Slavshit name lol

Not sure that anyone would look down on it necessarily but still.
>>
>>1074805
It's weird to not have one.

Only redneck hillbillys dont have middle names
>>
>>1075109
Or Europoors, especially Eastern Europoors

Don't think I've ever seen one with a middle name.
>>
>>1075116
Exactly. Elite English Aristocracy have middle names, and then brought them over to North America
>>
>>1075100
José Vs. Joe: Who Gets A Job?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR7SG2C7IVU

>No surprise Joe received more call backs.
>>
>>1075118
Well I'm a pleb slavshit, i just want to fit in senpai.

i don't even look like a slav ;-;
>>
>>1075119
>BUZZFEED

Fake as fuck desu. Just pulling more sympathy for "muh oppressed mexicans".
>>
>>1074685
>tfw have jew name because some jew relative from the past
>tfw raised catholic
>tfw i pretend to be jewish if it helps me

go with a jew name.
>>
>>1075191
This seems like it could strongly backfire.

I'm guessing benefits of being Jewish is the networking since Jewish communities are usually very tightly knit, rather than just having a circumcised penis and a Jewish surname so you get job offers for all these top firms out of nowhere.
>>
>>1074685
Joe Schmoe
>>
>>1075108
>Slavshit name lol
>Not sure that anyone would look down on it necessarily but still.
Um, because words are supposed to have vowels in them periodically, not be a mash-up of hard consonants with random c's, z's, and h's thrown in for length.
>>
>>1074685
Did exactly that.
I had a sand nigger name but never had any imaginary friends in the sky.
Early on when I started my business, I changed my name to an English name & my business been growing ever since.
To choose the right name first read the book "The 22 immutable laws of marketing"
>>
>>1074685
Eric Bloomberg

r8 my future name change (I work in Finance)
>>
File: tumblr_nc0dmlMZIR1tljxpko1_1280.jpg (54KB, 683x384px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nc0dmlMZIR1tljxpko1_1280.jpg
54KB, 683x384px
>>1075298
>Eric Bloomberg
>>
>>1075293
i-it sounds good in our languages...
>>
>>1075294
Thanks senpai I'm just going to read this summary of it tho https://blog.kowalczyk.info/articles/22-marketing-laws.html
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.