[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Degree of Business Management

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 359963.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
359963.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
Im 18 and thinking of getting a degree in Business Management , What Does /biz/ think of my choice?
>>
Business management is the highest tier of meme degrees before you start going into full retard tier with liberal arts

It's the official "I'm unemployed, but at least I'm not a psychology major" degree
>>
Anything outside of STEM is a waste IMO.
>>
>>1074648
Really >.> ? , btw im not in the US or UK

What would you suggest to be a better Degree?
>>
>>1074655

If you want to stay in that realm, then either finance or accounting

Otherwise go STEM

Do some Googling and you'll find that no one hires business management majors anymore. Long gone are the days of hiring people just to manage. Companies now hire managers internally that are already knowledgeable about the things they are working on.
>>
File: IMG_20150909_073720.jpg (506KB, 1835x1353px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150909_073720.jpg
506KB, 1835x1353px
what if , your family has a successful business and your gonna have to take it over sometime.. and they want you to have a understanding of business :l ? .. i already understand .. but they insist i obtain a degree :/ i guess i could do finance .. never accounting (dislikes accounting)
>>
>>1074681

If your parents already own a business, then they should be teaching you first hand experience on how to run it, and not pay some keynesian jew teacher that has never worked outside of academia tens of thousands to read powerpoints to you and lecture out of the same books that you can buy on Amazon and read yourself
>>
>>1074681
I'm a Junior majoring in Finance and i would absolutely suggest it over management. My small private school requires that we take a few management classes and what i realized is the classes consist of basic knowledge that a middle schooler could teach him or herself.

While i spend a lot of time reading up on finance in my own time, the finance classes i take give me information that i wouldn't have easily been able to find/learn on my own.

Also, Take some accounting. I hate it too, but it's the language of business. for instance, if you're going to live in spain you should probably learn at least a little Spanish. Just like if you're going into business, you should know AT LEAST a little accounting. the more the merrier.

Good luck OP
>>
>>1074689
lol i literally already attend meetings and do day to day operations .. no idea why they want me to have a degree....
i guess /biz/ cant help with this.
thxs for replying tho.
>>
>>1074706
Hey ,

In your Finance classes , would u say you need to be great at maths?

Thanks.
>>
>>1074727
I switched from management to finance and never looked backed. Luckily I didn't waste any credit hours.
Definitely don't have to be great in math, just not a complete retard. If basic calculus is hard for you then I suggest no
>>
>>1074727
It's fairly basic math. Mainly it's just understanding what certain equations mean. For instance, in a metaphoric equation that includes sales, what would happen to the equation if sales increased?

But with finance comes statistics, which i'm sure your school will require. It's not hard, but it isn't easy either; kinda depends on your professor. Mine was nice enough to let us use excel for rather than memorizing the equation.
>>
>>1074733
never did calculus... did basic highschool maths and got what would be in america lets say C :l lol
i think i could do it tho if i really want to .. i never wanted to do maths.. all my other subs .. i got As tho.. including POB (principles of business) so now im seriously considering doing Finance.
>>
>>1074740
Ahh I see .. Thanks man

Good luck with ur studies
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.