[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ I need your help I have been marketed as the "Genius"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: garp.png (252KB, 596x350px) Image search: [Google]
garp.png
252KB, 596x350px
Hey /biz/ I need your help
I have been marketed as the "Genius" of the family, but when really i feel like a retard

Now im 19
I am a NEET
I haven't even had a previous job
NO experience
Mom want me to learn the Stock market
or Flip houses

I really dont know anything of the 2 and dont know where to go with my life

Right now is a prime time
What do?
>>
Well you can try to learn basic finance which won't hurt anyway, then change to something you like if it doesn't suit you
>>
Do you want to do what mommy wants you to do or do you want to do what you want to do?
>>
travel. Right now, you're a pussy. You need to just take the plunge in the cold water. Go work a minimum wage job on a WAT program. Go study abroad. Work as a dishwasher, as a bellboy, as a stagehand and at a construction site.

It's going to suck, a lot. It's probably going to be lonely. It's going to lose you several precious years while you watch your classmates get good jobs, and while your parents try to hide their disappointment at your "wasted potential".

Thing is, you NEED this clarity and confidence in your ability. You will never be exceptional if you cannot control yourself. This alone is worth the investment.

And who knows, maybe along the way you find a meaning in life, something worthwhile to do. Maybe you find people like you, just the right measure of cruelty and compassion. Maybe you find a girl.
>>
>>1073779
Not sure I agree with everything here but the sentiment is right. Parents that think their kids are amazing are irresponsible.
>>
>>1073815
worse than that, it's borderline fucking criminal. You're setting your kid up to get completely fucked. Moms do this because they don't want their kid to soar too high and leave them. You think they're supporting you, but what they're doing is very carefully plotting your development as a human. If they're ever questioned about this shit, they'll call it "parenting". Don't exactly cut and run, but get the fuck away and grow as an independent man away from all that toxic shit they're fattening your ego up with.
>>
>>1073827

This hits close to home. Even though I love my mom, several years ago I began to realise this is what was done. I ended up majoring in Social Science instead of Law (which I wanted to do), because she told me "I wouldn't cut it as a Lawyer' and that "my calling was Social Science". She wants me to do mediocre at best. Fuck.
>>
>>1073840
A potential lawyer would have argued into law school. Your mother has your measure, you youth worker.
>>
>>1073764
Idk anon, trading is a good and (somewhat) easy thing to do, I made $400k just buying and selling up.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.