[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"i want to be my own boss, dammit!" >quit comfy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (32KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 306x306px
>"i want to be my own boss, dammit!"
>quit comfy 9-5 wagecuck job
>start freelancing
>work 20 hours a day
>earn 1/2 of what you used to earn as a wagecuck
>no job security
>have to file your own taxes
>"muh freedom from self employment"
>>
Yes a common meme.

Wageslaving is actually incredibly fun and relaxing if it's not super high-tier demanding work and also not low-tier toilet cleaner work.

The middle is where it's at.
>Earn enough to afford quite a bit of things
>Job isn't important enough for people to notice you're slacking off
>>
File: 1427964878618.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1427964878618.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>1071936

>freelancing
>job

Just an hearo already
>>
Job security is the real meme

It's always an illusion, whether self employed or wage slaving
>>
>>1071936
You don't quit the job until you have established yourself as a freelancer.
>>
peepe memes
>>
happens to 99% of freelancers because they're all talk. you spent your childhood playing with nerf guns, highschool and college playing 'vidya' and now you're just another average wagecuck with average skills.
>>
>>1071940
/thread
>>
>>1071940
what kind wagecuck jobs would you say are comfy?
>>
Owning your own business is the securest income you can have. If you're not a retard you basically have a job for life and you can give yourself a raise by advertising more and putting your prices up.
>>
Freelancing isn't easy. I dunno who told you it was. You have to get yourself established first as an expert in your field before you can start making any decent money at decent hours, and that could take you years.

Honestly, Wagecucking isn't bad. Everyone can't be their own bosses, and as long as you have some sort of stimulation (not the same boring shit day in and day out), can slack and relax when shit isn't tight, and not have a lot of stress it's actually fun working for someone else.

Take it from me. I'm a freelancer who'd love a stable job working 7-8 hours a day with a guaranteed paycheck at the end of the week. Freelancing's nice, but it's highly unstable.
>>
Guys believe it or not I found a job that is both enjoyable, worthwhile and makes me feel good about myself. I'm almost considering stopping shitposting about wagecuckery or boostrapping a billion dollar tech startup.
>>
>>1072297
>Owning a business
>Secure

is that why the majority of businesses fail in the first few years? And the rest barely make any money, at least for a long ass time if not forever?

I don't get why people keep posting up "Just start a business bro" memes. Yes starting a business can be very rewarding of course but by no means is it "easy" or "far superior" to wagecucking.
>>
>>1072385
HAHAHAHAHA

>thanks man, I needed that
>>
>ITT lazy wagecucks and lazy freelancers

Don't know how y'all can survive with being literally average.
>>
>>1071936
kek, based retard
>>
>>1072483
What a joke. Take it from someone who grew up in a family who owned multiple small businesses. The "majority of businesses fail" thing is just a meme.

The true 5-year failure rate of new businesses floats around 50% which yes, it is high, but then again you have to remember that the data includes businesses of all shapes and sizes.

Many of the people that run their businesses into the ground are morons who probably didn't perform well in high school and were just looking for a way out of college.

Stop using the whole, "Safe eh? So is that why most businesses fail?

No, owning a business actually is safe if you can do your homework into what is needed and how to go about meeting that need in a cost-effective manner.

Many new business owners want to play to their own strengths instead of just filling an niche in the market. It's stupid, unless their strengths are also about an unfulfilled niche.
>>
>>1071936
p.s. OP It was also a gamble that my father took in the early 90s whenever he started a landfill using the little money he had to secure funding for it.

It now brings in close to $750,000 per year. Do you think he ever wishes he was a wagecuck again?
>>
>>1072056
Most things in software that are not tech support or tedious work such as being a tester
>>
>>1072531

Not everyone is as gifted as the man who invented digging a hole and throwing garbage into it.
>>
>>1072046
\thread
>>
>>1072536
Developer here, it's true.
I spend every morning either day trading or shitposting until lunch and only do real work like 2-4 hours a day
>>
>>1072572

How did you get that developer position?
>>
>>1072483
literally anyone can start any fucking business you can think of and make a success of it.

>businesses fail in the first 3 years

maybe they got bored? maybe they started a new business and gave up on the old one.

>wagecuck mentality
>on my /biz/

choose 1
>>
>>1072610
Internship.

It's a medium sized company and I was up against two other interns for the spot. I only got it because I acted like the normiest normie you can imagine and they ate it up.

I will admit though there's been about two times last year where we got serious bugs that got to the production environment and if I hadn't held my own with fixing shit they totally would have fired me on the spot.

But the very nature of enterprise software development lends itself to huge amounts of downtime. You just can't be constantly bloating software with features no one wants for the same of efficiency, but at the same time your bosses can't afford to train up temp or outsource guys on software they've don't understand every time they want a new feature.
>>
Wagecuck/investor is a far better combination, so long as you're making enough money to save and invest.
>>
>>1072634
I couldn't stand enterprise software when I was a developer. Computers are supposed to make work easier and better. All I ever heard in that environment was "no we can't." So you sit there with a process that's twice as slow and ten times as opaque as whatever it replaced.
>>
>>1072572
No wonder our economy is so fucked!

Self-employed is the way to go!
>>
>>1072572
>>1072634
Oh good, it's not just me.

I could probably get better compensation if I left, but I'm kind of terrified that I might have to actually work if I join another company. I hate it enough as it is.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.