[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ I need some advice regarding university and such in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1448486306282.png (75KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
1448486306282.png
75KB, 230x230px
Hey /biz/
I need some advice regarding university and such in the UK. I'm a student who has graduated HS in Sweden and I'd prefer to study in London if possible. Preferably UCL or at the Imperial. I understand that these are some of the best in the country and getting in will be a challenge. I'm thinking of applying when when I hit 20 since I still need some time. Now my question is this. How will my appearance look to those who view my application? I.e will the fact that I'm 20 and from Sweden be a benefit or not? I know London's extremely diverse but I can't imagine that Swedes are THAT common right? Anyhow I would appreciate every tip you can give me that will help me get in besides having great grades.

Posted this on advice but it got archived and buried beneath every love problem that's over there rather quickly.
>>
>>1070561
Why the fuck would you study in the UK?

>Free higher education.
>Most expensive tuition fees (adjusted for cost of living) in the world.

Hmm...
>>
>>1070582
Money's not really an issue and I really enjoy London.
>>
>>1070586
At this stage it's likely that they'll take any mope with a positive bank balance.

If you want to booze it up, party and generally fuck about, then the UK is a great place to be. They are literally the YOLOkek nation.

If you want a solid education which is liable to be worthwhile and yield a positive return, stay in Sweden.

Imperial is solid. UCL is okay. Imperial is one of the few Universities in the UK that is probably still worth the fees.
>>
>>1070622
>UCL is okay
>one of the best universities in the world
>okay

Your post is not okay
>>
>>1070561
Everyone loves a swede. It won't be a problem. Well, so long as you try not to look to Danish anyway...
>>
File: 1392220880745.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1392220880745.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>1070622
>Imperial is solid. UCL is okay. Imperial is one of the few Universities in the UK that is probably still worth the fees.

Yeah but it really comes down to what you're going to study. From what I've read it's Imperial and UCL that are the best for engineering in London that is. The same way as LSE is better than UCL and Imperial combined at Economics (what I've heard at least).
>>
>>1070842
Imperial doesnt have bachelors in econ to my knowledge. If you want business/econ go to LSE. Though from what i heard LSE masters are better than their bachelors.
>>
File: 1392315941832.png (14KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1392315941832.png
14KB, 800x600px
>>1071078
>If you want business/econ go to LSE. Though from what i heard LSE masters are better than their bachelors.

Basically what I've heard as well. Though what I'm most likely going to major is in either civil or mechanical engineering. Why I'm keen on LSE is because they seem to be one of the higher tier schools to offer Economics together with Mathematics. Econ alone seems quite risky.
>>
>>1070624
A lot of British higher education is overhyped. It's not easy to tell if you're living in the UK media bubble.

UCL is decent no doubt, but OP needs to think about ROI. If I am paying expensive (lambourgini) rates, I want a high-end engine under the hood, not just a run-of-the-mill V8.

>>1070842
Imperial is just science and technology. They don't do social sciences.
>>1071403
I know a lot of guys studying masters at LSE. It's worth the investment if you're taking that route. Selective though.
>>
>>1071558
>I know a lot of guys studying masters at LSE. It's worth the investment if you're taking that route. Selective though.

Hmm it seems that almost all of the Econ dedicated schools are much better for their masters than bachelor. Where would one go in London that is for a good bachelors in Econ? I've been told that a bachelors is as good as in "you're done for life".
>>
>>1072608
For LSE that is*
>>
>>1072608
I highly recommend doing a subject like mathematics, or physics as a bachelors, before doing an Econ or finance.

Otherwise, do something like engineering.
>>
>>1073742
*Econ or Finance masters.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.