[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Practicing your speech proficiency / charisma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Hey /biz/, is there any way to develop your charisma? Particularly, I wanted to be good at speaking English since it's a must in a business world, problem is that it's hard for me to speak clear and straight since I have a speech disorder, and being born in a non-English speaking country, I have literally nobody to talk to in English.
>>
You should take song lessons.
Also sing/speak with equipment playing back what you say(otherwise you have no way of correcting speech errors), and do mirror training.

The other way to develop it, is to interact properly with people. Which is hard. Since spilling spaghetti makes it harder to get to the level where you can develop a lot.
>>
>>1070485
>The other way to develop it, is to interact properly with people. Which is hard.

I know this. People often give me this confused expression when I said something, it's as if I speak another language they're not familiar with. I had a hard time speaking with people especially when I get to talk about something since I couldn't come up with anything to say instantly unless I give myself some time to think of what to say first, or else I wouldn't know if I just offended somebody with my opinion. Speech disorder fucking sucks.
>>
You shold buy a dense book, then read it out loud.
>>
>Film yourself doing a speech of whatever you like / fake job talk with a client
>Teacher assistant in college / teacher in high school
>Speech therapist
>>
>>1070506
I didn't read OP's post, just the title (practicing your speech proficiency).
On the english issue: try sites like chatroulette and those sites where people of different countries meet to learn eachother language.
>>
File: Yoda_SWSB.png (2MB, 890x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Yoda_SWSB.png
2MB, 890x1024px
>>1070476
Read "Lend Me Your Ears" by Max Atkinson
Learn a bit about rhetoric (above book is a good starting point)
Join Toastmasters
Watch videos of famous speeches on Youtube

Remember that practice makes perfect but also takes time
>>
>>1070504
>>1070506
>>1070512
>>1070513
I'll consider these things except that college thing though, I'm already out of college.

Thanks m8
>>
>>1070476
Charisma is something you either have or you don't have. It is very difficult to develop.
>>
>>1070544
Most rich spoiled kids are charismatic because their parents indirectly trained them.
Just like kids of people doing Uni accidentally get trained to improve their learning methods.
>>
>>1070476
Just use the NLP strat of identifying the most charismatic people you can find and then find stepping stones and emulating them (NLPstyle) en route to your final form and then start evolving.

Really the best way to do it is to understand charisma philosophically. Since you're probably non-white, you wont ever figure that out, but that's fine the first method will work just as well.
>>
>>1070632
Can you expand on the last point about how race has to do with charisma?
>>
>>1070750
This is getting to be too easy, buddy.
>>
>>1070476

Join a teamspeak server. Do you have a lisp? Get braces.

Trouble pronouncing stuff? Learn the phonetic alphabet for RP english. Buy pic related (even though it says its for speakers of dutch, its in English, this is one of the books English teachers-to-be study)
>>
File: 1.jpg (5KB, 144x212px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
5KB, 144x212px
>>1071023

>>
>>1070533
pretty much everyone you just quoted.

the skill of public speaking is not one that comes overnight, if you are not born with a natural speaking ability, it will take years.

i began just talking in my car going to/from work, putting myself in various scenarios and talking them out.

also, you can volunteer to read at an old folks home.
THAT right there will force you to git gud stupid fast.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.